Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,801 members, 7,813,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (597) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1215764 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by orgx: 2:12pm On Dec 06, 2022
padie77:

-Sponsorer by a third-party through agent
- 3years experience and don't show my proof of income

Please how much was in your sponsors account? Are you married? Has the sponsor been used before?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Adeoti2: 2:20pm On Dec 06, 2022
Nko1:

Did her bvl dropped if yes wait till this week runs out or atleast 2weeks. This people are funny. Mine is since 1st December

Did you get a medical request?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 2:41pm On Dec 06, 2022
Hope4Naja:
People, my cousin got an admission for a 30 weeks program (Personal Care Attendant) at College of North Atlantic. I asked her to check first if the program will qualify for PGWP. From Canadian government website, seems the 30 weeks program is not eligible for PGWP?

If it’s not eligible for PGWP, it’s not a wise idea to go for it because after her program, she will have 90 days or so to leave Canada. Even if she gets another admission, if that 90 days has elapsed before her visa is renewed, she’d have to leave and come back.

What’s worth doing is worth doing well. She should take her time and get an admission that’s eligible for PGWP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 2:43pm On Dec 06, 2022
Gatrell:
Good morning guys,agent just called my cousin now that he should sign on a white sheet of paper with blue pen …please what does it mean .he has been waiting for ppr all these while but he just got his call now ,that he should sign on a sheet of paper ,please what do you think is going on guys

It can be anything. Good or bad or nothing.

It could be PFL, GCMS notes application, consent form signing (although I doubt this) or PM asking to sign ATIP.

He should just ask the agent whatsup
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 2:44pm On Dec 06, 2022
Chiziteremary:
I'm also waiting for my daughters PPR, applied for her 27th July 2022. since then nothing. What should we do abeg. I'm travelling in about 2 weeks. no time again.

Reach out to PMs, use webforms too.
Those usually have a direct impact on your application over emails.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by monalisa007: 2:45pm On Dec 06, 2022
Please does it matter if a sponsor has been used before? The person I intend using as sponsor has a child currently doing his undergraduate program in Canada.

Your ideas will be very much appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 2:47pm On Dec 06, 2022
padie77:
Good morning gurus, I'm preparing to reapply for student visa by January 2023. My school resumption date is May 2023. I was refused on Nov 28. But as the applicant I felt I should include my own statement account.

Pls how much did you think I can send to my account?

Won't this payments raise suspicions?

Adding your own account is definitely a plus if you are reapplying.

At least, one year living expenses plus miscellaneous should be in your account (13k cad)

If you don’t have it and your sponsor is transferring to you, please explain and back it up with notarized gift deed.

Finally, it’s best to order your CBSA/GCMS notes to know the exact reason for the delay. Might not necessarily be ONLY because you didn’t add your statement of account

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Teezkid: 2:59pm On Dec 06, 2022
Alright. Those are generic responses from IRCC. Who was the sponsor of your application ?
padie77:

I was refused based on this only:

your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nko1: 3:00pm On Dec 06, 2022
Adeoti2:

Did you get a medical request?
No upfront and updated in October
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nko1: 3:02pm On Dec 06, 2022
Thomsyne:

If it’s not eligible for PGWP, it’s not a wise idea to go for it because after her program, she will have 90 days or so to leave Canada. Even if she gets another admission, if that 90 days has elapsed before her visa is renewed, she’d have to leave and come back.

What’s worth doing is worth doing well. She should take her time and get an admission that’s eligible for PGWP.

They apply for study extension and do another course . There are many in that shoes . It’s faster inside the country only people outside are experiencing study extension delay

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sirkazeem: 3:06pm On Dec 06, 2022
is anybody here going to vancouver this winter? lets connect

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gatrell: 4:02pm On Dec 06, 2022
Please I haven’t hear back about my application since July 22 ,is it okay to order for GCMS note ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gatrell: 4:02pm On Dec 06, 2022
Gatrell:
Please I haven’t hear back about my application since July 22 ,is it okay to order for GCMS note ?

Or I should wait a little bit to do that ?please guys help me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jaykeh: 4:04pm On Dec 06, 2022
At this point I don't even know what to believe, please has anyone sent ppt to VFS Abuja lately, when did you get acknowledgement email for passport submission?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sept1012: 4:27pm On Dec 06, 2022
Jaykeh:
At this point I don't even know what to believe, please has anyone sent ppt to VFS Abuja lately, when did you get acknowledgement email for passport submission?

Someone I know submitted on Friday physically, got acknowledgment mail that same day and they just sent a message to come collect it today(Tuesday)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by emmylin: 4:45pm On Dec 06, 2022
goodday everyone.. please I need help with visa fee payment..have tried doing it on my own isn't working.. someone should please guard me or show me a way I can pay... through...all my documents are already...the payment is delaying my process... please help me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kingo99: 4:52pm On Dec 06, 2022
Download chipper, used the USD virtual card

emmylin:
goodday everyone.. please I need help with visa fee payment..have tried doing it on my own isn't working.. someone should please guard me or show me a way I can pay... through...all my documents are already...the payment is delaying my process... please help me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lixusheng(m): 5:03pm On Dec 06, 2022
Do i still need Arrivecan to board Egyptair to Toronto ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cheebu: 5:05pm On Dec 06, 2022
jilenwere:

Hello, I have same issue. I don’t know what to do any more

Don't worry brother. You'll get your stamped passport soon. I know the wait has been excruciatingly hard but it's almost here. A lot of us who have that issue have been getting pickup notifications lately. Infact I know of 2 persons who got their pickup mails from VFS today. So just relax.

Matter don finish..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cheebu: 5:05pm On Dec 06, 2022
Lixusheng:
Do i still need Arrivecan to board Egyptair to Toronto ??

No.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 06, 2022
Good day everyone, I am new here, and will like to begin my study route for September 2023. I am a single parent with one child. i will like to know where to start from, and the cheapest school I can apply to. everything here is so overwhelming. Please kindly advise. I don't have a lot of money too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HopefulSuccess: 5:11pm On Dec 06, 2022
Thanks Okudi, quite lucky of you.
Okudi23:
you should try getting someone to do it for you. No be everything you go too stress yourself my dear. My medical was scheduled for 30th,but I did it on 21st. Nine days earlier
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CindyByFine(f): 5:14pm On Dec 06, 2022
Hello Japa Family,

I submitted a Webform this afternoon and got this mail.

I want to know is this the usual automated response or does it mean they have actually seen the documents submitted?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HopefulSuccess: 5:14pm On Dec 06, 2022
Thanks johnstan.
johnstan:

Trust me you don't want to gamble with which date is late or not.
Someone here was denied even after upfront medicals was done weeks prior, reason was that IRCC did not receive his results.

If you can get it done today please do or any time sooner than the deadline.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HopefulSuccess: 5:31pm On Dec 06, 2022
After, I saw the date I was scheduled for, I called to see if they could move it to an earlier date but they said 21st is the earliest available date. Don't know what else to do than to hope IRCC gets my result immediately.
Teezkid:
If you can do your medicals earlier, it’s really best you do it. You can never tell how long IRCC can process the application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by monalisa007: 5:33pm On Dec 06, 2022
Please does anyone have an idea on this so I don’t make mistakes. Please

monalisa007:
Please does it matter if a sponsor has been used before? The person I intend using as sponsor has a child currently doing his undergraduate program in Canada.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by darthv: 5:46pm On Dec 06, 2022
Cannymission:
This is a link to a petition to increase working hours to 30 hours for international students. Pls lets sign it. It will favour us all.
bro you don move?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HopefulSuccess: 5:54pm On Dec 06, 2022
Yes you can. I'd advice you order for CBSA note instead since its said to be faster than GCMS note. I applied in July too. I ordered for my CBSA note 2 weeks ago and got a medical request last week. I hope it will help cause a review on your application.
Gatrell:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gatrell: 6:01pm On Dec 06, 2022
HopefulSuccess:
Yes you can. I'd advice you order for CBSA note instead since its said to be faster than GCMS note. I applied in July too. I ordered for my CBSA note 2 weeks ago and got a medical request last week. I hope it will help cause a review on your applicant.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HopefulSuccess: 6:04pm On Dec 06, 2022
Hello Everyone,

Please before replying any direct email request from anyone on this platform, confirm and verify to be sure of who you are responding to avoid scammers. Do not click any unverified link sent to you. If you get an email in your inbox, telling you to do one thing or the other, do not click any link. Just be careful and decifer who you respond to.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 6:08pm On Dec 06, 2022
monalisa007:

Sponsors eligibility check is dependent on how much he has, how much he's able to set aside for you, his financial obligations and how sustainable his source of income is.

*Now your sponsor's SOA of 6 months will reveal his saved up funds and transaction frequency in terms of his inflows and outflows, this will reveal if he has bulk payments that he makes often e.g his child's payments and other financial commitments.
*His sponsorship letter/affidavit would usually state how much he is willing to set aside for you or the payments he's willing to make on your behalf.
*Your SOP will also state his source of income, his annual income amount of you may, a description of him and how's related to you - this would reveal if he has dependants he's taking care of financially.

Now with these few points, go back to the drawing board and find a way to show/explain that he's more than capable to take care of his fam and you as well.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 6:11pm On Dec 06, 2022
HopefulSuccess:
Hello Everyone,

Please before replying any direct email request from anyone on this platform, confirm and verify to be sure of who you are responding to avoid scammers. Do not click any unverified link sent to you. If you get an email in your inbox, telling you to do one thing or the other, do not click any link.

This cannot be over emphasized on a faceless platform.
Be careful with releasing private info e.g phone numbers, emails, application details just cause one is looking for answers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.