Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,061 members, 7,814,649 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1216724 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ebrustee: 10:21pm On Aug 11, 2022
johnstan:

WhatsApp group is for PPR people going to same location/school so they can organise and go in group.

Be careful with joining WhatsApp groups, simply ask your questions here and someone with the knowledge will reply you

Good luck.
Please someone should kindly post the WhatsApp link for centennial college … I’ve been pleading for over 2 weeks now. Abi there’s no WhatsApp group for centennial?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Otikmsk(m): 10:30pm On Aug 11, 2022
Adeade98:
Hello NL,
My application was submitted on June 25th,2022 and biometric done and updated on June 28,2022.

I want to order for my gcms notes.Is it appropriate?

How can I go about it?

We summited same day. How far with your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kpoksie01(m): 10:54pm On Aug 11, 2022
CentennialGuy:
Landing Gist - Lagos to Toronto Via EgyptAir. August 9 - 10, 2022.

LAGOS AIRPORT
I got to the Lagos Airport around 8:30am. My flight was for 2pm. I had to give the security guys at the entrance 1k for them to allow my people go in with me. After my luggages went through the scanner, I gave the immigration officers that were suppose to do manual check after the scanner 1k so l can move on. Then I proceeded to Agriculture where I opened one of the luggage that had some food item for them to check. They checked and told me to go. Then I proceeded to EgyptAir stand.

EgyptAir didn't start on time for us because there were some Nigerians going on pilgrimage to Jerusalem via Egypt that they were attending to. They were the majority on our flight to Cairo. Anyways, by 10am I had cleared the EgyptAir check and checked in my bags. They weren't overweight. They asked for ArriveCan, Acceptance Letter, Enrollment Letter and School Fees Receipt.

By 10:30am, my people left and I proceeded to immigration. I was given yellow card by EgyptAir which I filled and I dropped with the immigration officers. Then I proceeded to the scanner where we will drop our carry on bags, laptops, phones, keys etc in a bowl to pass through the scanner. Now, I had the scariest moment of my life at this point. I shared this experience with family members only before now. I decided to share with you guys so you can learn from the experience. Always hold your Passport with you!

At the point of the scanner the immigration officer there asked us to put all our things in the bowl including our passport. It was just me and one Arab guy, possibly Lebanese. He could speak Yoruba and was dashing immigration guys money. So we placed our things in Separate bowls and I went ahead through the scanner but he didn't go through the scanner. The immigration officer asked him to come and he did manual check for him and he let him go.

So I exited the scanner to go collect my things. I wore my shoes, picked up my glasses, phones, wallet and Passport. Passport? My passport with the boarding pass was no where to be found. It was missing! At that moment, it felt like my world has ended and that village people caught up with me. I was in disarray and I started shouting. In the process of shouting, I kept saying it was me and the Arab guy that came to that point together and now my Passport is missing. One of the senior immigration officers approached me and asked me which guy. I turned round and and pointed at him just before he exited that place and be gone forever! The officer approached him. I don't know what he told him because I wasn't looking as I was still in disarray and lo and behold, my Passport and boarding pass resurfaced! The excuse I got is that he also has a Nigerian Passport and he mistakenly took mine. Yet his own passport was still with him. I don't buy that story but all good. God saved and delivered me already. I collected my Passport and left. Whew!

All through the rest of the journey, I held my Passport with me till I exited Toronto Pearson Airport in Canada.

CAIRO AIRPORT.
We got to Cairo around 9pm Cairo time which is 8pm Nigerian time. The Airport is bigger and finer than MMA. A bus took us to Terminal 3 and it was a long walk combined with lift and escalators to get to gate F where will be boarding to Toronto. We waited around for another 3 hours before we started boarding and took off to Toronto around 2am. They only checked our passport, boarding pass and ArriveCan here. I showed them theArriveCan receipt on the phone as the lady in Lagos had taken the only copy I printed. It was a smooth 11.5hrs journey to Toronto. The plane is alot bigger than the one that took us from Lagos to Cairo. Comfy ride all through.

TORONTO PEARSON AIRPORT
We landed in Toronto around 8am Toronto time. Now, this airport is huge. And fine and well layed out. The walk to the self service kiosk is also long but we got there. I had done my declaration ahead in the ArriveCan, so I was pretty quick at the service kiosk. I scanned my Passport, machine took my photograph and printed my receipt. We were taken to the place where will collect our study permit. Our letter of Introduction was collected and we were told to sit down. They called us one after the other. You will enter the office, the border officer will collect your passport, check your info on the system, check your visa and stamp your passport. Then your study permit will be given to you. No questions asked.
I proceeded to baggage claim. When I got there, I asked one of the officers which carousel could be carrying the baggages from EgyptAir because the carousels were so many that I didn't want to be going one by one to check. He asked his colleague on his walkie talkie. He said Carousel 7, I went there. Found my bags in 7 and then in 6. Took the train within the airport to get to Terminal 3 where the car that came to get me was parked and I was on my way.

FOOD AND ENTERTAINMENT ON THE FLIGHT.
The food was Okay. Although the Rice, chicken and sauce from Cairo to Toronto was better than Lagos to Cairo. They served us twice Lagos to Cairo and 3 times on the flight from Cairo to Lagos. I filled my time with movies that I haven't watched before. And then a little sleep, a little prayers here and there and I didn't feel bored on the flight till we got to Toronto.

It was a great journey in general. I haven't gone out yet as I only arrived yesterday and I'm still on my bed right now. It's around 8am here. But from our drive from the airport to home, I will say Canada is beautiful. May all of us that desire it experience it all in Jesus name.

PS: Don't forget to come with your universal adapter. The picture attached is what their socket looks like. Buy the one that has USB port with it. It's about 4k.

Have a great day you all!

Omo, that Lebanese guy na werey.
This land gist is detailed...informative. Thanks.
Success is all I wish for you in Canada...the land of our dreams shocked

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by yemflex: 11:05pm On Aug 11, 2022
EhischemNg:

mike.morrice@parl.gc.ca

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ketima: 11:05pm On Aug 11, 2022
Rheality:
Hi Ketima,

Please, how did you book via Air Canada? Kindly assist on your process. I'm currently in Port Harcourt

Hello,

You can book AirCanada from anywhere in the world. The only issue from Nigeria is the CBN policy that's limiting online transactions. So if you have dollar card, go to AirCanada.com. is so straight forward.

But note you can't book AirCanada going from Nigeria. They don't operate from Nigeria. As member of star alliance airlines, they work with Ethiopian airline.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by daezy22: 11:17pm On Aug 11, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ketima: 11:21pm On Aug 11, 2022
Newww1:
Hi Folks.
Good morning please I need your urgent advise.

I applied for study permit from inside canada it has been approved however
My husband is in Nigeria and I applied for his Visit visa on the new portal since April not a single word from IRCC.
Now I dont know what to do
Based on my study permit that has just been approved can I apply for work permit for him on the old portal creating a new profile or I do it on my own profile.

Hello, as you're already in Canada, please Kindly reach out to your MP by phone or walk in at visitation time and table your concern. He or she will gladly help you. But aside that, note it that both work permit and visit are temporary visas of which you're not supposed to have 2 temporary visas running concurrently.

You can apply for SOWP for your spouse. IRCC may likely ask you to withdraw your spouse visiting visa application for onward assessment and approval of your spouse work permit.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ketima: 11:23pm On Aug 11, 2022
Boscojugunu:
Do I need another POF for my wife. ? If she's going as my dependant.....

Hello,

If your POF is sufficient enough to take care of both your tuition, living expenses and hers for the duration of your stay in Canada, you don't need another POF. But if not, you will need to add(show) additional POF that will take care of her living expenses.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Niaso: 11:31pm On Aug 11, 2022
Please how did u go about contacting MP??
What's MP please??

EhischemNg:
Good day,

Please I contacted my Mp and got this response from him. I eligibility started on February 9th, yet to get any update from IRCC

Applied for Gcms over a month now, yet to get it..Kindly advise please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ketima: 11:32pm On Aug 11, 2022
Deronke1:
Hi guys, please I need answers.

Is it possible to defer after getting ppr?

If yes, what's the effect on the visa? Hope ircc won't have a problem with that?

Hello Dorenke1,

Deferring won't invalidate your Visa. All you need do is update IRCC. How long do you intend to defer your admission?

But note it that when you get to your first POE, due your deferral, IRCC may not give you study permit beyond the expiration of your counterfoil. If that's the case and your course extends beyond the counterfoil/study permit date, you will need to apply for study permit extension, 150days before the expiration of your permit.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 11:50pm On Aug 11, 2022
Hello Oluwawande

When you click on my moniker, you will see what you are looking for..

Anyways, below is my email..

makanoglobalservices@gmail.com.

I may not reply you immediately, but I will definitely try my best to reply you..

Peace

Oluwawande:
@makano...please can i get your email. I need help please

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 11:53pm On Aug 11, 2022
Members of Paliament..

We can liken them to our House of reps members and Senators in Nigeria..

But MPs are very nice people and passionate about their Job unlike our agbada men in our beloved country..

Peace
Niaso:
Please how did u go about contacting MP??
What's MP please??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 11:58pm On Aug 11, 2022
Hello Deronke

Yes, its possible and it doesn't have any negative effect on your Visa..

Just that your study permit wont be beyond the validity of your Visa stamp on your Passport.. In this case, if the end date of your your deferred date is beyond your study permit validity, you will have to apply for a study permit extension in Canada.

Peace
Deronke1:
Hi guys, please I need answers.

Is it possible to defer after getting ppr?

If yes, what's the effect on the visa? Hope ircc won't have a problem with that?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by prospectiveapp: 12:00am On Aug 12, 2022
My PPR is dropping today.

I’m coming to quote this later today

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 12:02am On Aug 12, 2022
Hello EhischemNg

Since an MP is involved and seeing the content of this mail, your final decision isn't far again..

Get ready..

Peace
EhischemNg:
Good day,

Please I contacted my Mp and got this response from him. I eligibility started on February 9th, yet to get any update from IRCC

Applied for Gcms over a month now, yet to get it..Kindly advise please

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Treasure134: 12:28am On Aug 12, 2022
God of Jubilee will fight our battles for us in Jesus mighty name.. God will show himself to be the almighty in our lives in Jesus name

Goodnight fams

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sunkanmi562(m): 12:41am On Aug 12, 2022
AOROGBEM:

Bro pls can we connect I’m also applying from the uk.

Thank you ��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 12:43am On Aug 12, 2022
Congrats Centennial

Canada has finally received a star..

All the best..

Peace
CentennialGuy:
Landing Gist - Lagos to Toronto Via EgyptAir. August 9 - 10, 2022.

LAGOS AIRPORT
I got to the Lagos Airport around 8:30am. My flight was for 2pm. I had to give the security guys at the entrance 1k for them to allow my people go in with me. After my luggages went through the scanner, I gave the immigration officers that were suppose to do manual check after the scanner 1k so l can move on. Then I proceeded to Agriculture where I opened one of the luggage that had some food item for them to check. They checked and told me to go. Then I proceeded to EgyptAir stand.

EgyptAir didn't start on time for us because there were some Nigerians going on pilgrimage to Jerusalem via Egypt that they were attending to. They were the majority on our flight to Cairo. Anyways, by 10am I had cleared the EgyptAir check and checked in my bags. They weren't overweight. They asked for ArriveCan, Acceptance Letter, Enrollment Letter and School Fees Receipt.

By 10:30am, my people left and I proceeded to immigration. I was given yellow card by EgyptAir which I filled and I dropped with the immigration officers. Then I proceeded to the scanner where we will drop our carry on bags, laptops, phones, keys etc in a bowl to pass through the scanner. Now, I had the scariest moment of my life at this point. I shared this experience with family members only before now. I decided to share with you guys so you can learn from the experience. Always hold your Passport with you!

At the point of the scanner the immigration officer there asked us to put all our things in the bowl including our passport. It was just me and one Arab guy, possibly Lebanese. He could speak Yoruba and was dashing immigration guys money. So we placed our things in Separate bowls and I went ahead through the scanner but he didn't go through the scanner. The immigration officer asked him to come and he did manual check for him and he let him go.

So I exited the scanner to go collect my things. I wore my shoes, picked up my glasses, phones, wallet and Passport. Passport? My passport with the boarding pass was no where to be found. It was missing! At that moment, it felt like my world has ended and that village people caught up with me. I was in disarray and I started shouting. In the process of shouting, I kept saying it was me and the Arab guy that came to that point together and now my Passport is missing. One of the senior immigration officers approached me and asked me which guy. I turned round and and pointed at him just before he exited that place and be gone forever! The officer approached him. I don't know what he told him because I wasn't looking as I was still in disarray and lo and behold, my Passport and boarding pass resurfaced! The excuse I got is that he also has a Nigerian Passport and he mistakenly took mine. Yet his own passport was still with him. I don't buy that story but all good. God saved and delivered me already. I collected my Passport and left. Whew!

All through the rest of the journey, I held my Passport with me till I exited Toronto Pearson Airport in Canada.

CAIRO AIRPORT.
We got to Cairo around 9pm Cairo time which is 8pm Nigerian time. The Airport is bigger and finer than MMA. A bus took us to Terminal 3 and it was a long walk combined with lift and escalators to get to gate F where will be boarding to Toronto. We waited around for another 3 hours before we started boarding and took off to Toronto around 2am. They only checked our passport, boarding pass and ArriveCan here. I showed them theArriveCan receipt on the phone as the lady in Lagos had taken the only copy I printed. It was a smooth 11.5hrs journey to Toronto. The plane is alot bigger than the one that took us from Lagos to Cairo. Comfy ride all through.

TORONTO PEARSON AIRPORT
We landed in Toronto around 8am Toronto time. Now, this airport is huge. And fine and well layed out. The walk to the self service kiosk is also long but we got there. I had done my declaration ahead in the ArriveCan, so I was pretty quick at the service kiosk. I scanned my Passport, machine took my photograph and printed my receipt. We were taken to the place where will collect our study permit. Our letter of Introduction was collected and we were told to sit down. They called us one after the other. You will enter the office, the border officer will collect your passport, check your info on the system, check your visa and stamp your passport. Then your study permit will be given to you. No questions asked.
I proceeded to baggage claim. When I got there, I asked one of the officers which carousel could be carrying the baggages from EgyptAir because the carousels were so many that I didn't want to be going one by one to check. He asked his colleague on his walkie talkie. He said Carousel 7, I went there. Found my bags in 7 and then in 6. Took the train within the airport to get to Terminal 3 where the car that came to get me was parked and I was on my way.

FOOD AND ENTERTAINMENT ON THE FLIGHT.
The food was Okay. Although the Rice, chicken and sauce from Cairo to Toronto was better than Lagos to Cairo. They served us twice Lagos to Cairo and 3 times on the flight from Cairo to Lagos. I filled my time with movies that I haven't watched before. And then a little sleep, a little prayers here and there and I didn't feel bored on the flight till we got to Toronto.

It was a great journey in general. I haven't gone out yet as I only arrived yesterday and I'm still on my bed right now. It's around 8am here. But from our drive from the airport to home, I will say Canada is beautiful. May all of us that desire it experience it all in Jesus name.

PS: Don't forget to come with your universal adapter. The picture attached is what their socket looks like. Buy the one that has USB port with it. It's about 4k.

Have a great day you all!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by reliableGod(f): 12:49am On Aug 12, 2022
@Teebabe2806 thank you so much I appreciate
Teebabe2806:

Hello, good morning. From my research Most Canadian schools accept Neco results even more acceptable than Waec……. Gurus can correct me if I’m wrong.

Have a lovely week ahead!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by reliableGod(f): 12:55am On Aug 12, 2022
@johnstan thanks I appreciate. quote author=johnstan post=115591112]

There are several schools that accept Waec, neco.

Search for Canadian DLI colleges/universities and check their requirements, You can then ask questions about the specific school you have chosen.

Most of your enquiries you will even find on the school's website.

Relying on people to choose school for you is not ideal because there are several factors involved like cost of school fees, deferral/withdrawal policies, tuition deposits etc.

Good luck.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by reliableGod(f): 12:58am On Aug 12, 2022
@timagbo thanks I appreciate timagbo post=115591375]

Conestoga college [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Princeofabia: 2:57am On Aug 12, 2022
bl39:
God has done it for me.
I got my PPR today AUG 11, having applied on Apr 21, 2022.

Please who knows the fastest VAC where I can send my passport for the Visa.

Also, can anyone advise me on how to go about it? Do I just send my passport and documents to the VAC or do I need to submit any application online?
Congrats ♥️

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ollysaks: 5:24am On Aug 12, 2022
Thank you so much.
I have learnt some new things for these.

Please, how true is it that certain courses, especially health related ones are easier to obtain a study visa?

justwise:
This is part 22

Part 21 here for reference purposes https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part

Visit Canadian embassy website here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/index.asp for more information and updates

Good luck to all TRV hopefuls and to many of you here helping out with answers and words of encouragement a massive thank you to everyone of you, your efforts here contribute to the success of this thread.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 5:29am On Aug 12, 2022
My note just arrived. I want to know the progress of my application.
Which page contains the information?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sanjayd1(f): 6:16am On Aug 12, 2022
Please, how much pof did you show in total for your family application?
tosin4real01:
@profgordons, kindly explain this to me,on your portal were all your application show as principal applicant? For the kids and yours?. I also apply with my family members, just to be sure am on track,.because my 2years old baby ppr came last week,expecting my own the main applicant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kidsister13: 6:26am On Aug 12, 2022
Hello. I'm also going to centennial college.
When are you travelling.

Ebrustee:

Please someone should kindly post the WhatsApp link for centennial college … I’ve been pleading for over 2 weeks now. Abi there’s no WhatsApp group for centennial?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Katehasty: 6:47am On Aug 12, 2022
Please someone shd kindly send Conestoga whatsap group link

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Deronke1: 7:04am On Aug 12, 2022
Oh! Thank God o... Thanks so much Makano

makano:
Hello Deronke

Yes, its possible and it doesn't have any negative effect on your Visa..

Just that your study permit wont be beyond the validity of your Visa stamp on your Passport.. In this case, if the end date of your your deferred date is beyond your study permit validity, you will have to apply for a study permit extension in Canada.

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ocool: 7:11am On Aug 12, 2022
Ketima:

Hello Dorenke1,

Deferring won't invalidate your Visa. All you need do is update IRCC. How long do you intend to defer your admission?

But note it that when you get to your first POE, due your deferral, IRCC may not give you study permit beyond the expiration of your counterfoil. If that's the case and your course extends beyond the counterfoil/study permit date, you will need to apply for study permit extension, 150days before the expiration of your permit.

Please I have a question.

At the point of entry, will they allow someone who has got a study permit approval and then defer from September 2022 to January 2023 to enter Canada in September 2022?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Deronke1: 7:33am On Aug 12, 2022
Thanks so much Ketima. Resumption is actually September 2022, but then the company I work for here in Nigeria decided to increase our salaries and not just that, they want to start paying us in US Dollars. So I was like let me wait small and collect to get more funds to sustain myself in canada for a while till I get a job.

I then decided to resume January intake 2023 instead.

Just like you advised, when I get to Canada, I would extend it

Thanks so much
Ketima:

Hello Dorenke1,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by oma007: 8:40am On Aug 12, 2022
This is my timeline:

I applied June 7, 2022
Biometrics: June 10, 2022
Review of medical results: July 29, 2022

Eligibility - Not reviewed
Background check - Not reviewed too

lilangel20:
Medicals have not been passed o. It is still on review.
I contacted an MP and she said she would inquire and get back to me.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by titade0203(m): 9:01am On Aug 12, 2022
Thank you so much @gigdraft,

Thank you for the good work you are doing. God bless you.

Gigdraft:
Hi Titade0203,

Your plan is wanting of katzenjammer. Your first degree focused on the computational (software) system, which is basically programming. Computer Science curriculums are structured to give you variety of options.

For a better insight, here is an expression that should boost your confidence in your decision:

Computer Science Pathways

1. Software Engineering .................... Software development and Network engineering (Proves Academic Progression)

2. Web Development
3. Hardware Engineering
4. Computer Programming

5. Database Administration ........... Information Technology infrastructure and Services (Proves Academic Progression & Career Development)

6. Systems Analysis ........ Information Technology infrastructure and Services (Proves Academic Progression)

7. Network Architecture

8. Information Tech ........ Information Technology infrastructure and Services (Proves Academic Progression)

9. Video Game Development

Can you now see your choices are not far from up to scratch? Carry on! You are doing well....!

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.