Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,144 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (673) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1226179 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ucy12: 1:09pm On Dec 29, 2022
Somebody please help out with info. Can IRCC accept a passport having 10 months to 1 year validity for a 2 or 3 years programme?
Thanks guys.

Ucy12:
Hi Nairalanders!

Please, I need some help.
I am applying for summer (May 2023) and my passport expires February 2024; meaning I'll have just about 10 months or so available in the passport.

My application is for a PhD (4 years) programme but I've already successfully done 2 years online since 2020 lockdown from Naija here, and so the visa will be for 2 years, but available space in the passport will be 10 months.

How does this work, please? Will IRCC want to work with the passport and I renew over there or I'll need to renew before applying (I was told that renewal should be 6 months or lower in validity).

Again, I need info about Police Clearance Certificate. How much is it now, please?

Thank you so much for your replies Nairalanders.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Eseosajoy: 1:11pm On Dec 29, 2022
Good Afternoon House!
Compliments of the season to everyone.

Please I’m asking about the University of Regina does anyone know how long it takes for a response after submitting your application?

I’ve sent mails to all their emails about the fact that WES would be sending them my evaluated transcript and also that I’ve submitted my application but no response yet.

It’s been over 2 weeks. Any help or information would be highly appreciated �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Omarjaygold: 1:16pm On Dec 29, 2022
Bamz555:

Please what school is that?
University of Manitoba
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 1:23pm On Dec 29, 2022
bullstriker:

Unlike PR applications, temporary resident applications are based on the discretion of the VO handling your applications. As a result, expect different answers to your question.
If you can connect the program, school and your ambition, you should have no issue, especially if the school is a DLI and the program is PGWP-eligible. For example, you can say that the college is a small school with a small class size which makes it even easier to have a closer learning interaction with the instructors. You can go further to discuss the method of learning the college uses in Project Management and that it is your best method. Vos likes to know that you have done your research.

What I can say regarding the information you received is that if proof of funds barely meets the requirement (considering the low tuition fee), and you have chosen an affordable school, it could raise the issue of the ability to cover the cost of study without working in Canada. So, it is not because of the school per se but how the VO views your intentions for choosing the school. Show you are financially capable, and the school will not be an issue. There are many Nigerian studying at Holland College, and I have helped many with their application.

There are lots of affordable Project Management in Ontario. Could you share why you don’t want to go to Ontario? Maybe the information you have regarding Ontario and your ambition is incorrect. Let me know if you want to apply to other schools outside Ontario for Project Management, but the tuition fee will not be as affordable
Hello pls I need your assistance I want to secure admission and apply for my study visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AbionaT(f): 1:32pm On Dec 29, 2022
Good day my people

Please I was refused for purpose of visit.

I want to change my course now.

Please can you suggest a course that will show progression.

I work in a TV station, I am a producer of program, I am an editor of the program too, I am a transmission director, I direct live and recorded program.

Please suggest a course I can apply for.

I studied Business Administration in my first and second degree.

Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Leadforteservic: 1:40pm On Dec 29, 2022
Thank you ma
gaeul:
Sorry, heard it been sorted.. All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by theotherwoman: 1:53pm On Dec 29, 2022
Hello people, I am very much new here and still trying to figure out how it works here.

I have a few questions i have on the canada student visa and its on proof of funds.

I got an admission into nbcc for fall 2023 and i have made full payment on my tuition. What's left is my proof of funds for living expenses and other miscellaneous expenses.

Firstly i have gotten two different responses that my sibling can/cannot sponsor me. I really don't know which is right.

Secondly i have a family business associate who has agreed to assist me with his bank statement but i was also told that i can't use a business account because there is a high tendency that my application will be denied.

I thought of him gifting me the estimated 10cad but i was also told that 10cad would raise an eye brow.

I am very much confused at this point and i don't know how to go about it.

I am open to any suggestions �

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiPromise: 2:02pm On Dec 29, 2022
johnstan:

It will not be as exorbitant as mallam rate tho.
Official rate is roughly N454/$1, theirs may be over N500 depending on what their rate would be for the day you make your payment.
I think you should contact them on the date you want to make payment to know their rate for that day
Pls which agency are you referring to and how can I contact them?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Aboffine: 2:15pm On Dec 29, 2022
Compliments of the season All

Please, is there a group for Red River College.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by rahmeekadigz(f): 2:18pm On Dec 29, 2022
Yes
Aboffine:
Compliments of the season All

Please, is there a group for Red River College.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Adedoyin116: 2:19pm On Dec 29, 2022
Hello good day everyone,

Please when will IRCC send LOI to me after stamping my passport.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Eseosajoy: 2:21pm On Dec 29, 2022
Help please �

Eseosajoy:
Good Afternoon House!
Compliments of the season to everyone.

Please I’m asking about the University of Regina does anyone know how long it takes for a response after submitting your application?

I’ve sent mails to all their emails about the fact that WES would be sending them my evaluated transcript and also that I’ve submitted my application but no response yet.

It’s been over 2 weeks. Any help or information would be highly appreciated �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SimpleasABC: 2:39pm On Dec 29, 2022
olufunbi:

Aww is your PPR now out?you don't want to share your timeline with us ?it will be nice after the long wait.......Congratulations.

I will definitely share...
Trying to compose message so people wont lose hope.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SimpleasABC: 2:40pm On Dec 29, 2022
johnstan:

Any of them will deliver your ppt to VFS within 24 - 48 hrs max
The ish is the time VFS will use to process it. Hopefully they don't take time.

Ok boss
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chechem: 2:43pm On Dec 29, 2022
Happy Xmas Celebrations House!
Please, how do I name and arrange me documents before or during merging? I don't want it to look scattered. Will they be accepted if they are not named when I merge?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by theotherwoman: 2:44pm On Dec 29, 2022
You are very courageous...most people would have given up hope. Your Congratulations are in order.

Letter of introduction and reference letter are they two separate letters from your employer?

Affidavit of return to home country between myself and my employer.
How do i get him to sign especially if he is not in the country?

Also i heard the police clearance certificate is mandatory. How true is it?

sos123:
PPR REQUEST..... FINALLY AFTER 26 WEEKS & 6 DAYS (6 MONTHS & 5 DAYS)

Application received: June 23, 2022
Passed the medical exam: August 5, 2022
Review of eligibility: September 24, 2022

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
INT'L PASSPORT

POLICE CLEARANCE

EVIDENCE OF PAYMENT FOR THE FIRST HALF OF TUITION
- STATEMENT INDICATING PAYMENT
- CAR SALE AGREEMENT (SOLD MY CAR TO PAY THE FIRST HALF OF THE FEES)
- CAR DOCUMENTS
- DRIVERS LICENSE

CERTIFICATES SUBMITTED
-WASSCE
-DEGREE RESULT
-NYSC CERT
-IELTS
-BANKING SCHOOL CERTIFICATE
-RESEARCH ETHICS CERTIFICATION

INTRODUCTION & REFERENCE LETTER FROM EMPLOYER
PAYSLIP FOR 3 MONTHS
STAFF ID CARD
INTRODUCTION & REFERENCE LETTER FROM PENSION ADMINISTRATOR

BIRTH CERTIFICATE
TAX CLEARANCE
FAMILY INFO & ID CARDS ( I SPOKE ABOUT THEM ON MY SOP)

AFFIDAVIT OF RETURN TO HOME COUNTRY AFTER SCHOOL
ATTESTATION OF GOOD CHARACTER FROM THE CHURCH

DEED OF GIFT FROM MY MOTHER (NOTARIZED BY THE HIGH COURT).
UPFRONT MEDICAL SHEET
STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT FOR MY BANK ACCOUNT
STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT FOR MY PENSIONS

MY SCHOOL FEES IS 27,000 CAD (I HAD A TOTAL OF 13M IN MY ACC)
SELF SPONSORED
NEW PORTAL

During my journey, this is what I noticed ---
Start and End with prayers, because only God can give you the strength for this process.

Do your own research, watch a lot of videos on youtube and read different forums.

We can all do this application ourselves, but please use an agent if you're not well-versed in the process. To avoid mistakes.

Don't pick an agent that doesn't have your time. Ask questions, and Pick his/her brain. From your little research of the process, you will be able to find out if the agent knows his onions.

Write your SOP yourself Please. Only you can tell your story. If you're using an agent tell him your story truthfully so that he can advise you. If you're not using an agent find someone on this platform to talk to and polish your SOP and Story. Agents don't usually write SOPs sef.

Form A access has been hard recently but please don't give out money to just anyone to help you fast-track the process. Always use a banker you can hold. Don't pay anyone money you meet online. The heart of Man is wicked.

My agent was wonderful, stayed and prayed with me throughout the process.

Now start to Exercise Patience! Build your shield.

PRAYYYYY!!!!

My experience was crazy ...... 27 weeks no be beans. I was sending web forms every day and the replies were generic. I sent mails to MP, PRIME MINISTER, MINISTER FOR IMMIGRATION, and EVERYBODY FOR OVER 13 WEEKS BEFORE I RECEIVED PPR TODAY.

I left Nairaland for some time for my mental health but today I'm back with Joy. Thanks to everyone here, I made friends & family here.

Please anyone can reach out to me anytime for any form of guidance.

Peace

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jjohndoe83: 3:20pm On Dec 29, 2022
Hello people.

Question:
I need your various inputs on what to watch out for and what to do in order to put in a successful student’s visa application come January 2023.

Context:

My sister has been admitted to a designated learning institution in Calgary (SAIT) to study for a 2 year legal assistant/paralegal diploma to begin in September 2023. We have paid the tuition deposit and have a letter from the school already.

She has 2 siblings (my sister and I) who are permanent residents of Canada. We will be sponsoring her application, fees and every associated cost. She will be living with one of us and commuting to school as we both own homes in the Calgary area.

Will our proof of income, tax filings, pay slips, etc be sufficient to show that we can foot the bill? I don’t doubt that we can foot the bill.

My greatest concern is showing home ties. Let’s face it nobody is really planning to go back to Nigeria but since IRCC prefers lies, so be it. How do we do this? Considering that she’s a student and doesn’t have a formal job to return to after her studies (she does run a fashion outfit where she makes clothes but it’s largely informal and nothing registered), our parents are late and we have only one other siblings left in Nigeria (who is also going’s to be applying for PR soon).

Also, we did one “try your luck” sibling sponsorship application that is still being processed. How do we navigate this as well.

She is currently in 400L in uni., (whether she finishes the program or not is not a big deal). The prolonged ASUU strike caused us to start exploring this option. Is this something we should be disclosing on the application or just keep quiet about it since she would not have completed the degree at the time of application.

I’m looking for tips on what to include and not include in the application to make it a success.

cc: bullstriker
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Matt121212: 3:21pm On Dec 29, 2022
Snooky:
Congrats dear, I also just got an admission into centennial college to study food science technology for fall 2023. Please is there any WhatsApp group for centennial college, I would like to be added 08035580395
congratulations
please can you share the contact info of the agent vif possible thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HayAkin: 3:49pm On Dec 29, 2022
Please add me to the centennial group, I would really appreciate +2349015241411.

im resuming january
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HayAkin: 3:54pm On Dec 29, 2022
Snooky:
Oh sorry didn't know, just changed it. Pls try adding me again

Please add me to the centennial college group I would really appreciate
my number
is +2349015241411
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by breakice31(m): 4:06pm On Dec 29, 2022
hammed71:
i thought we were not allowed to pick it up in person, anyways I will go there tomorrow
Pls, When did you get email that your application tracking id no ****has been received and is under process at the IRCC office?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by YinksXO: 4:08pm On Dec 29, 2022
Awww, don't worry, you will receive a favourable response from IRCC soon, wishing you all the best. And thank you for doing the right thing.

Leadforteservic:
I didn't mean to.I shouldn't have. I was frustrated the moment I replied him.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by YinksXO: 4:13pm On Dec 29, 2022
Ok, I'm willing to help, busy at the moment but should be free the week before Jan 9, so let me squeeze in a little bit of research. Is there a particular reason you're looking at these courses?

Send me a message by mail but still share your questions here to get faster and more diverse responses. Good luck, amazing girl!

Fardowsa:

Okay so, let me break it down. This is my second application I was supposed to resume Fall 2022 but I was refused my visa application.
I’m trying for a second time so

I applied to Humber college for the fall 2023 semester. And they were 3 program choices. I picked Practical nursing, social service worker and occupational therapy assistant. I just got word that I got admitted for the social service worker and waitlisted for practical nursing.

Then I started doing more research and I saw that it was better I studied for a Bachelor degree than do a diploma program for two years.

I don’t want to make mistakes that can affect or make me regret in the future.
I’ve been using my NECO results for applications because I don’t have a WAEC one yet

That’s why I was asking of universities that take NECO as a requirement.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Leadforteservic: 4:20pm On Dec 29, 2022
Amen. Thank you
YinksXO:
Awww, don't worry, you will receive a favourable response from IRCC soon, wishing you all the best. And thank you for doing the right thing.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Adedoyin116: 4:27pm On Dec 29, 2022
Hello everyone,

The flight I want to book is Qatar Airway. There is lay over at Doha and Montreal. And I think Montreal is in Canada. Please is it advisable, hope there won't be transit Visa at those lay over
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 4:40pm On Dec 29, 2022
What date? And have you gotten your passport back?

Timonline:
Thanks for the update, all the cheap one's I have seen are all flights from Accra to Toronto or Vancouver. All within range of 880-900k
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HazeeyzaH(f): 4:49pm On Dec 29, 2022
Adedoyin116:
Hello everyone,

The flight I want to book is Qatar Airway. There is lay over at Doha and Montreal. And I think Montreal is in Canada. Please is it advisable, hope there won't be transit Visa at those lay over

I booked same flight too.. Montreal is in Quebec which is in canada.. point of entry would be montreal ni... ko need transit my sister
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pufframmy: 5:03pm On Dec 29, 2022
Congratulations how many year course

sos123:
PPR REQUEST..... FINALLY AFTER 26 WEEKS & 6 DAYS (6 MONTHS & 5 DAYS)

Application received: June 23, 2022
Passed the medical exam: August 5, 2022
Review of eligibility: September 24, 2022

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
INT'L PASSPORT

POLICE CLEARANCE

EVIDENCE OF PAYMENT FOR THE FIRST HALF OF TUITION
- STATEMENT INDICATING PAYMENT
- CAR SALE AGREEMENT (SOLD MY CAR TO PAY THE FIRST HALF OF THE FEES)
- CAR DOCUMENTS
- DRIVERS LICENSE

CERTIFICATES SUBMITTED
-WASSCE
-DEGREE RESULT
-NYSC CERT
-IELTS
-BANKING SCHOOL CERTIFICATE
-RESEARCH ETHICS CERTIFICATION

INTRODUCTION & REFERENCE LETTER FROM EMPLOYER
PAYSLIP FOR 3 MONTHS
STAFF ID CARD
INTRODUCTION & REFERENCE LETTER FROM PENSION ADMINISTRATOR

BIRTH CERTIFICATE
TAX CLEARANCE
FAMILY INFO & ID CARDS ( I SPOKE ABOUT THEM ON MY SOP)

AFFIDAVIT OF RETURN TO HOME COUNTRY AFTER SCHOOL
ATTESTATION OF GOOD CHARACTER FROM THE CHURCH

DEED OF GIFT FROM MY MOTHER (NOTARIZED BY THE HIGH COURT).
UPFRONT MEDICAL SHEET
STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT FOR MY BANK ACCOUNT
STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT FOR MY PENSIONS

MY SCHOOL FEES IS 27,000 CAD (I HAD A TOTAL OF 13M IN MY ACC)
SELF SPONSORED
NEW PORTAL

During my journey, this is what I noticed ---
Start and End with prayers, because only God can give you the strength for this process.

Do your own research, watch a lot of videos on youtube and read different forums.

We can all do this application ourselves, but please use an agent if you're not well-versed in the process. To avoid mistakes.

Don't pick an agent that doesn't have your time. Ask questions, and Pick his/her brain. From your little research of the process, you will be able to find out if the agent knows his onions.

Write your SOP yourself Please. Only you can tell your story. If you're using an agent tell him your story truthfully so that he can advise you. If you're not using an agent find someone on this platform to talk to and polish your SOP and Story. Agents don't usually write SOPs sef.

Form A access has been hard recently but please don't give out money to just anyone to help you fast-track the process. Always use a banker you can hold. Don't pay anyone money you meet online. The heart of Man is wicked.

My agent was wonderful, stayed and prayed with me throughout the process.

Now start to Exercise Patience! Build your shield.

PRAYYYYY!!!!

My experience was crazy ...... 27 weeks no be beans. I was sending web forms every day and the replies were generic. I sent mails to MP, PRIME MINISTER, MINISTER FOR IMMIGRATION, and EVERYBODY FOR OVER 13 WEEKS BEFORE I RECEIVED PPR TODAY.

I left Nairaland for some time for my mental health but today I'm back with Joy. Thanks to everyone here, I made friends & family here.

Please anyone can reach out to me anytime for any form of guidance.

Peace

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 5:06pm On Dec 29, 2022
Omarjaygold:
University of Manitoba
I sent u email pls let’s discuss there if u don’t mind
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 5:07pm On Dec 29, 2022
theotherwoman:
Hello people, I am very much new here and still trying to figure out how it works here.

I have a few questions i have on the canada student visa and its on proof of funds.

I got an admission into nbcc for fall 2023 and i have made full payment on my tuition. What's left is my proof of funds for living expenses and other miscellaneous expenses.

Firstly i have gotten two different responses that my sibling can/cannot sponsor me. I really don't know which is right.

Secondly i have a family business associate who has agreed to assist me with his bank statement but i was also told that i can't use a business account because there is a high tendency that my application will be denied.

I thought of him gifting me the estimated 10cad but i was also told that 10cad would raise an eye brow.

I am very much confused at this point and i don't know how to go about it.

I am open to any suggestions �

1. You can be sponsored by your sibling, what you have to address is the reason why they are sponsoring you in your SOP.
2. Third party sponsorship is much more difficult to address so this might not work for you especially when the third party will be using a business account.
3. You can be gifted the 10k CAD but you will need a little above that for living expenses, you just have to back up the gift with gift deed and then address it in your SOP to explain the lump sum.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by NGOZIGLORI(f): 5:12pm On Dec 29, 2022
Ps what date is this and what amount
We never book flight ooo still waiting for the passport

HazeeyzaH:

I booked same flight too.. Montreal is in Quebec which is in canada.. point of entry would be montreal ni... ko need transit my sister
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Adedoyin116: 5:12pm On Dec 29, 2022
HazeeyzaH:

But am going to Toronto

(1) (2) (3) ... (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.