Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,042 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (692) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1223991 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nazkid1: 7:31pm On Jan 03, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Nazkid, please how did you arrive at this conclusion on the new portal? Do you have any links that might shed light on this?

You can research on Chinook 3+, it’s a device used by IRCC to help checkmate applications. Applications processed by this devices are likely to be denied than accepted.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MumiOlivia: 7:42pm On Jan 03, 2023
I want to apply for my study permit together with my 1year old daughter. Please, do I have to pay application and Biometrics fee for her, and does she need to do medicals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nazkid1: 7:48pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kienitobo:
Hello house,
I am currently putting together my application for study permit and I wanted to do an upfront medical. The problem is that the closest appointment date is in February and I want to submit this application as soon as possible this January. If I submit the application, can I still send my medical report later, if IRCC hasn't asked me to go for medicals yet?

You can submit your application and go for medicals later, the hospital will send your results directly to IRCC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HazeeyzaH(f): 7:48pm On Jan 03, 2023
Wsx2:

Dear did you book Airbnb for few days or months and what is your location and cost per night and did you book a single room or shared apartment . I am still scouting for accommodation closer to my destination Toronto and what am seeing is just to high between 900 to 1400 cad a month . I checked Airbnb and cost also a bit high seems Toronto is expensive

Exactly ooo... its so crazy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olayinkaji(m): 7:49pm On Jan 03, 2023
Nazkid1:

You can research on Chinook 3+, it’s a device used by IRCC to help checkmate applications. Applications processed by this devices are likely to be denied than accepted.
You might check the bolded too

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pufframmy: 8:05pm On Jan 03, 2023
congrat

phreedhom:
1st application - Oct 16th 2022
Rejected Dec 14th 2022
Reapplied Dec 17th 2022
Correspondence letter Dec 28th
Approved Dec 29th 2022.

quote author=LauraP post=119672065]Hi
Please when did this happen to your friend? The month

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pufframmy: 8:06pm On Jan 03, 2023
please what changes

phreedhom:
1st application - Oct 16th 2022
Rejected Dec 14th 2022
Reapplied Dec 17th 2022
Correspondence letter Dec 28th
Approved Dec 29th 2022.

quote author=LauraP post=119672065]Hi
Please when did this happen to your friend? The month
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 8:21pm On Jan 03, 2023
Olayinkaji:

You might check the bolded too

Thank you for posting this. Ultimately decisions are made by VOs. Chinook is just an advanced excel sheet, I believe if decisions are left to bots, many Nigerians will be getting approvals. Most of the denials we get are based on bias held by the VOs against Nigerians, which make us do twice as much as what an Indian or Chinese will do to get approval.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 8:24pm On Jan 03, 2023
daezy22:
The person has already topped up the account. I’m asking to know when it will likely be treated coz It’s been more than a week.
Will it go through the whole process again?

The person should inform his account officer that his account has been funded, they will need to approve at the branch where the applicant selected for the case to progress.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joge64: 8:25pm On Jan 03, 2023
MrSkills2:
Hi Good day all,

I was served breakfast now now but I am a bit unclear in somethings.

I used the NEW IRCC portal and first i am surprised at the speed at which my application was processed and refused.
see details and please advice

Upfront medicals: 8th Decmber 2022 (IOM)
Application date: 20th December 2022
biometrics : 28th December 2022
Eligibility started and ended: 3 Jan 2023
final decesion: 3 Jan 2023
refusal : 3rd January 2023
refusal comment: Your Assets and financial situation is insufficient to support stated of travel.

I had paid my tuition deposit of 2650 and also applied for Form A to pay full 1 year tution of 19k as it was a scholarship that is paying for my tuition and program is for two years. submitted all my employment documents, bank statement of 16m et.c though the form A school fees has not been processed by my bank yet due to queue but i uploaded the application receipt.

But i observed that my medicals was not updated even untill now . Am worried that i may not have gotten something right because my application was processed under 2 weeks and was refused.

Your advice will be appreciated.

Highlight the documents submitted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ghazali34(m): 8:32pm On Jan 03, 2023
Hello I sent you a mail request.

Timonline:
Good Morning everyone and a Blissful Happy new year. This post will be long but I need you to help me pay attention. I am putting this information for people who are experiencing delays with their application and who've tried to communicate via email without having any progress. An acquaintance of mine showed me how to call ircc call center agents in Ottawa from Nigeria here using Viber app. Download the Viber app from Google or apple appstore and register with your number.
Before following the steps to make a call to ircc in Ottawa send a mail to these addresses individually;
abuja@international.gc.ca

Abuja-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

abujag@international.gc.ca

In the email input your name uci and application number. Explain your current situation in the situation. When they get the mail a prompt will be placed on your application for the visa officer to look at it.
These are the steps;
Step 1:
Call this number with the Viber app: +1-800-267-6788, it's ircc client call center number.
Step 2:
Press 1 to use the service in English.
Step 3:
Press 2 to connect to ircc
Step 4: after connection to ircc, you would listen to a message for about 30 seconds just be patient till they tell you the buttons to press. You'll be asked to input your uci number if you have, just to save time press 2 that you do not have a uci. Although when you connect to the client call center agent he/she will ask you to provide your application details which includes application number, uci number and other relevant information.
Point to note: if you're calling in for someone you'll have to fill in the ircc imm5455 consent form.

Step 5:
after step 4, you'll listen another message again like step 4 be patient till they tell you which numbers to press. press 3
Step 6:
after that the next number you'll press is 1 to talk to make enquiry about your study permit application or press 2 to make an enquiry about your PR application.
Step 7: the final number to press is 0 to speak to an agent.
Point note : the client support center opens by 1pm. Nigerian time. So it's best to start calling them by 12:45pm so you can be in the queue and wouldn't have to wait too long. I tried this process and it worked for me after Months of sending mails and webforms. Even getting a gcms note now is daunting task because ATIP In Canada is finding it hard to give people their gcms notes, I feel they are understaffed and overwhelmed. When you get connected to the Call ask for an enquiry, they will give you details on the current stage of your application but don't ask when they'll make a decision on your application, they don't have any information about that and they wouldn't even tell you honestly. There it is guys I know this post is very long but please bare with me when this method worked for me I had to come here to spread the information, I hope you get your ppr sooner. Let me put a screenshot of my application to show you the how I got for my ppr, I hope it inspires you as well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wsx2: 8:36pm On Jan 03, 2023
HazeeyzaH:

Oh dear you’ve landed in Toronto where did you book accommodation and at what rate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HazeeyzaH(f): 8:48pm On Jan 03, 2023
Wsx2:

Oh dear you’ve landed in Toronto where did you book accommodation and at what rate

I haven't landed yet ooo....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by daezy22: 8:49pm On Jan 03, 2023
Okay, thank you �
Bobomaigida:

The person should inform his account officer that his account has been funded, they will need to approve at the branch where the applicant selected for the case to progress.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tamsam19: 9:08pm On Jan 03, 2023
You have no idea how helpful this was! Thank you so much

lilyflow:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by megastu(m): 9:10pm On Jan 03, 2023
A lot of are coming to the realization that Canada, and Ontario to be precise is very expensive.

When Canadian officials say to bring POF they are not joking oh.
HazeeyzaH:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by phreedhom(m): 9:10pm On Jan 03, 2023
pufframmy:
please what changes

1. Pending 1st year school fees under processing paid and receipt attached, proof of funds shown in a tabular form and sources explained. Lump sum also explained in detailed LOE. Table of contents included for VO to easily locate and understand each doc attached ( all these to tackle the financial capability reason raised)
2. Not satisfied that the applicant will leave after studies was tackled with - flight reservations for the family of 4 (flight booked but not paid for a small fee), Explanation in the LOE about strong ties with siblings, aged parents and mother in-law, dog, properties and job prospects back home

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by phreedhom(m): 9:13pm On Jan 03, 2023
pufframmy:
please what changes

. Pending 1st year school fees under processing paid and receipt attached, proof of funds shown in a tabular form and sources explained. Lump sum also explained in detailed LOE. Table of contents included for VO to easily locate and understand each doc attached ( all these to tackle the financial capability reason raised)
2. Not satisfied that the applicant will leave after studies was tackled with - flight reservations for the family of 4 (flight booked but not paid for a small fee), Explanation in the LOE about strong ties with siblings, aged parents and mother in-law, dog, properties and job prospects back home
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 9:33pm On Jan 03, 2023
MumiOlivia:
I want to apply for my study permit together with my 1year old daughter. Please, do I have to pay application and Biometrics fee for her, and does she need to do medicals?

Hi, just application and medicals for her, no biometrics.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MumiOlivia: 9:39pm On Jan 03, 2023
2pretty4u:

Hi, just application and medicals for her, no biometrics.

OK thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MumiOlivia: 9:41pm On Jan 03, 2023
Please o.. I want to use someone that does not relate to me as my sponsor. Has this worked for anyone?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Didibibi: 10:01pm On Jan 03, 2023
I see you sent me a Dm but no access to that email. Please Email me at tosinfolasayo@gmail.com thanks
NGOZIGLORI:
Check out this link someone posted earlier today

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/track-application

quote author=Winnerpoks post=119676165]
My sibling booked for Friday 2pm, I'm just so confused self. I just want everything to be delivered fast. Is there anyone to mail or call?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tamsam19: 10:18pm On Jan 03, 2023
This was such a detailed post.

Thank you for this.

Did you use the new portal for your application?

For your child's study permit, what did you fill in for the school details for him? address e.t.c

[quote author=olokings post=117112816]as a follow up to putting it out there, i will give an expose' to what my profile looked like and how i packaged my application. Long Post alert.

highlights of SOP and tactics for family visa application

start with a good self-introduction: - i prepared a very detailed SOP. this was intentional because i was putting up a family application of myself and 5 accompanying family members, hence what may be usually overlooked at for single applicants / those leaving their family members behind may not necessarily apply to me given i will be subjected to even more scrutiny.
I drafted my SOP with a clear table of contents, i wrote it with a title, sub-titles, and bolden+italics for points i needed to highlight of importance. i started my SOP with an introduction to myself as though a typical job interview [name, DOB, educational background, professional certification, career highlights, etc.] framework (it is an interview in a sense isn't it?) stating what my intent (to apply for a TRV [Study Permit], and my dependents' [Spousal Open Work Permit + Study Permit for kids]. I clearly mentioned the school, program, start & end dates with duration in months. (highlighted the attachment of LOA, Tuition Payment [in my case i deliberately paid full tuition because i needed to demonstrate financial stability since someone who is going with accompanying member should have that logically] with tuition payment acknowledgement from my school

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Eseosajoy: 10:35pm On Jan 03, 2023
Hello @Oldfashioned145.
Thank you for responding.
Oh wow and I just registered for the IELTS test out of fear. Oh well!!

I applied for Fall 2023.
Any pointers that would help would be appreciated.
Is there a WhatsApp group for the school?
It would be nice to be more enlightened.
I wouldn’t have registered for the test if I had known.

I’ll start with the consistent mails ASAP
Thank you once again.

Oldfashioned145:
Hi. The university of Regina waives IELTS for Nigerians and if I may ask what session did you apply for.

Also you need to send them consistent mails untill you get a feedback from them.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Doyinn234: 10:40pm On Jan 03, 2023
User00711:

Tried adding you but it says I can’t because of your privacy settings on telegram.

Please add me too. Attending centennial college too. Already in Canada. +14374360042
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tamsam19: 10:51pm On Jan 03, 2023
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for the insight you share here.

Please i want to apply for Study permit, SOWP for my hubby and Study permit for my 2 kids.

1. i started with the IRCC portal but i noticed there's no SOWP there. Should i use the new IRCC for me and the kids and use GCkey for hubby or should i use GCkey for everyone?

2. being the principal applicant, Do i have to write a letter of invitation for everybody ?

3. For my children's study permit, what details will i fill in for the school?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ultrazone(m): 11:05pm On Jan 03, 2023
makano:
Hello Olorilee

I can only help with Conestoga college..

Peace
Hello, sir. How do I contact you? I need help with HR admission for my wife.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tamsam19: 11:13pm On Jan 03, 2023
Thanks for this detailed breakdown sir.

Please did you use GCkey or IRCC portal?

[quote author=olokings post=117112816]as a follow up to putting it out there, i will give an expose' to what my profile looked like and how i packaged my application. Long Post alert.

highlights of SOP and tactics for family visa application

start with a good self-introduction: - i prepared a very detailed SOP. this was intentional because i was putting up a family application of myself and 5 accompanying family members, hence what may be usually overlooked at for single applicants / those leaving their family members behind may not necessarily apply to me given i will be subjected to even more scrutiny.
I drafted my SOP with a clear table of contents, i wrote it with a title, sub-titles, and bolden+italics for points i needed to highlight of importance. i started my SOP with an introduction to myself as though a typical job interview [name, DOB, educational background, professional certification, career highlights, etc.] framework (it is an interview in a sense isn't it?) stating what my intent (to apply for a TRV [Study Permit], and my dependents' [Spousal Open Work Permit + Study Permit for kids]. I clearly mentioned the school, program, start & end dates with duration in months. (highlighted the attachment of LOA, Tuition Payment [in my case i deliberately paid full tuition because i needed to demonstrate financial stability since someone who is going with accompanying member should have that logically] with tuition payment acknowledgement from my school
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Powermike8: 11:20pm On Jan 03, 2023
Good evening my people, any idea of PPR today from friends and family you might know.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GidiPrince: 11:47pm On Jan 03, 2023
There is a 2 Bed 2 bath apartment at Clareview, Edmonton. Very close to Train and Bus stations and major shopping outlets. Well maintained. Unfurnished. Available for long-term rent.
Suitable for students.

Contact for more details.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wsx2: 11:53pm On Jan 03, 2023
HazeeyzaH:

I haven't landed yet ooo....

Oh really thought you plan to leave early
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nastygurl: 12:07am On Jan 04, 2023
Hi guys! Is it true that passports sent to Nairobi are being returned without stamp for study visa's from Nigeria? A friend was saying that it happened to someone in her WhatsApp group....I'm asking because I was going to send mine to Nairobi for speedy resolution as I had to travel with my passport during Christmas so a little delayed

(1) (2) (3) ... (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.