Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (694) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1219889 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MrKong: 12:44pm On Jan 04, 2023
Please does anyone know how I can obtain a Police Clearance Certificate in Ilorin?

Thank you ��

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by breakice31(m): 12:48pm On Jan 04, 2023
Olayinkaji:
Abeg a question , can one use girlfriend has home ties? Person wey u wan marry soon but not yet?
shocked
grin
If you hve a certificate to show for girlfriendship why not?
Tbh I’m not sure you can. Only spouse or common law partner is allowed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olayinkaji(m): 12:52pm On Jan 04, 2023
breakice31:

shocked
grin
If you hve a certificate to show for girlfriendship why not?
Tbh I’m not sure you can. Only spouse or common law partner is allowed.
grin cheesy cheesy no wahala
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olayinkaji(m): 12:52pm On Jan 04, 2023
MrKong:
Please does anyone know how I can obtain a Police Clearance Certificate in Ilorin?

Thank you ��
'
I heard its not compulsory
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by NGOZIGLORI(f): 1:02pm On Jan 04, 2023
You can go and do court marriage with her and use the certificate

Olayinkaji:
Abeg a question , can one use girlfriend has home ties? Person wey u wan marry soon but not yet?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olayinkaji(m): 1:04pm On Jan 04, 2023
NGOZIGLORI:

Hmm Okay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cadno(m): 1:10pm On Jan 04, 2023
Hello good people, please I need some clearification::

Who Can help me with contact an agent who Can package POF ( proof of Fund ) for a prospective PGD College applicant in Canada?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joge64: 1:23pm On Jan 04, 2023
Olayinkaji:

Very funny. She never get your surname na. I don't think its possible sha.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SimpleasABC: 1:31pm On Jan 04, 2023
MrKong:

Thank you ��

To me if its SP then you dont need one.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by NGOZIGLORI(f): 1:40pm On Jan 04, 2023
This was what was sent to us ..that they have just received the passport at Abuja office.
Will they ever return this passport and then we collect it by Friday

Am just so worried her school resumed today
And they have until 12th to be in school. So we wanted her to leave by Saturday being 7th

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Alalade95: 1:46pm On Jan 04, 2023
also received this please can anyone tell us when we will like receive the passport
NGOZIGLORI:
This was what was sent to us ..that they have just received the passport at Abuja office.

And they have until 12th to be in school. So we wanted her to leave by Saturday being 7th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olayinkaji(m): 1:51pm On Jan 04, 2023
which rate can one use in the POF epalanation, NGN330 or NGN331 to CAD$?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GoodofNaija: 2:22pm On Jan 04, 2023
When I try to track my passport, this is what I got:
Your application tracking ID................Your processed passport has been sent to the VAC on 2022/12/30.

That's the statement on the tracking platform. I don't know what it means because my passport got to Lagos VAC on Dec 28 via DHL.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Leadforteservic: 2:26pm On Jan 04, 2023
Hopefully I believe her passport will be out before 12th but Incase there is delay, mail the school and inform them of the delay and I believe they will understand and consider it
NGOZIGLORI:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Alalade95: 2:27pm On Jan 04, 2023
what did you get
GoodofNaija:
When I try to track my passport, this is what I got:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 2:32pm On Jan 04, 2023
It's really fustrating, my sibling has her flight booked for Friday we're still waiting for a positive response.

NGOZIGLORI:
Same thing here ... submitted on the 23rd,then the mail on the 28th that it has gotten to Abuja till now nothing yet oo.
The thing is so tiring.
I'm still optimistic that before the end of tomorrow we will be notified.
They ought to know that schools resume by first week. And students will need their passport to travel. Why frustrate people with this unnecessary delay. .

Every stage in this thing is just one big huddle.

I just pray it will not continue like this when the person gets there...

God please see us through and perfect this good thing You have done for us oo

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 2:36pm On Jan 04, 2023
When did you submit?

styx1:
Hi guys....So Nairobi has responded to my email this morning that our visa is on the printing queue but they can't say when we will get it back....so I guess the anxiety has subsided a bit now.... hopefully we will get it back this week.

Now I can rest. grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by breakice31(m): 2:36pm On Jan 04, 2023
NGOZIGLORI:
They sent me this last email you received today since last Thursday…that my ppt has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on Thu Dec 29 2022.
Since then nothing else…not even today
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 2:40pm On Jan 04, 2023
When is your school resuming?

breakice31:

My passport got to Abuja VFS on 23 Dec. I got email notification that it is under process with IRCC on 29 Dec. I haven’t heard from them yet that my passport is on its way back to me oh. These holidays I guess is holding it back
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by breakice31(m): 2:45pm On Jan 04, 2023
Winnerpoks:

When is your school resuming?

Huh…my school resumed yesterday.
I already deferred to April before I got my study permit approval. Deadline was 16th, I got my approval on 20th and now my passport is yet to be returned so they will just defer my admission till next semester.
Every stage in this Canada sojourn comes with its own hurdle.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Leadforteservic: 2:57pm On Jan 04, 2023
Mail your school first before you defer, they may extend your deadline and let you resume late.
Some schools did.
breakice31:

Huh…my school resumed yesterday.
I already deferred to April before I got my study permit approval. Deadline was 16th, I got my approval on 20th and now my passport is yet to be returned so they will just defer my admission till next semester.
Every stage in this Canada sojourn comes with its own hurdle.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by breakice31(m): 3:01pm On Jan 04, 2023
Leadforteservic:
Mail your school first before you defer, they may extend your deadline and let you resume late.
Some schools did.
You don’t get it…they gave deadline 16th for me to defer, I did however my approval came on 20th.
Now if I want to mail them for late resumption, won’t I hve my passport in my hand first? You grab…
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by faith7605(f): 3:10pm On Jan 04, 2023
NGOZIGLORI:

*So what if I use my spouse as home ties and later apply for them to join after I get my study permit. Is this okay as well?*
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Leadforteservic: 3:11pm On Jan 04, 2023
Yes I get. Mail them immediately you get your passport with stamped visa appealing to them to join back the January intake.
I wish you all the best and I pray you get your passport back soonest.
breakice31:

You don’t get it…they gave deadline 16th for me to defer, I did however my approval came on 20th.
Now if I want to mail them for late resumption, won’t I hve my passport in my hand first? You grab…
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by breakice31(m): 3:14pm On Jan 04, 2023
Leadforteservic:
Yes I get. Mail them immediately you get your passport with stamped visa appealing to them to join back the January intake.
I wish you all the best and I pray you get your passport back soonest.
Amen o. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by gaeul(f): 3:15pm On Jan 04, 2023
Good Day House, Can someone going to Nee Brunswick pass through Ontario, will the student permit not be an issue cos price of flight passing through Montreal are scary. Anyone with experience pls .. Thanks

Those with Kids aged 5-10yrs, pls was Covid test required?

Is Arrive Can still a requirement?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CornOak(m): 3:35pm On Jan 04, 2023
gaeul:
Good Day House, Can someone going to Nee Brunswick pass through Ontario, will the student permit not be an issue cos price of flight passing through Montreal are scary. Anyone with experience pls .. Thanks

Those with Kids aged 5-10yrs, pls was Covid test required?

Is Arrive Can still a requirement?

Thanks

1. Yes, you can enter via YYZ (Toronto Pearson) Airport, Toronto.

2. Study permit won't be an issue. Your SP would be issued at the port of entry in Toronto, after which you can proceed to board your flight to New Brunswick.

3. COVID tests or results are no longer required to board your flight or enter Canada.

4. ArriveCAN is no longer a requirement.

5. Have a safe and stress-free flight.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by breakice31(m): 4:05pm On Jan 04, 2023
Guys…finally my passport don Comot IRCC hand o. It’s been dispatched to VFS for mail to courier it back to me. Hallelujah!
Got this email just now
The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. ******* has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in Abuja CVO.

Regards,

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chigozieevans: 4:14pm On Jan 04, 2023
breakice31:
Guys…finally my passport don Comot IRCC hand o. It’s been dispatched to VFS for mail to courier it back to me. Hallelujah!
Got this email just now
The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. ******* has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in Abuja CVO.

Regards,

I just got the exact email too few minutes ago.
It's in order

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Alalade95: 4:26pm On Jan 04, 2023
Please when did you submit and which place did you submit
chigozieevans:

I just got the exact email too few minutes ago.
It's in order
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by NGOZIGLORI(f): 4:26pm On Jan 04, 2023
Yes it's okay to do that.

faith7605:
*So what if I use my spouse as home ties and later apply for them to join after I get my study permit. Is this okay as well?*

(1) (2) (3) ... (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.