Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,933 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (701) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1213716 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (698) (699) (700) (701) (702) (703) (704) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 9:03pm On Jan 05, 2023
Asekzz:
What is the advantage of upfront medicals? I submitted my application on the 12th of December.....do I need to do upfront medical or I wait for there reply? Pls I need advice...tnx

People do this so that IRCC will not be contacting them to do anything, they will simply review your documents and approve it.
It saves the time you will wait to get informed, the time to go for the test, the time you will wait for the test to be sent and the time it will take IRCC to acknowledge and update it to passed on your portal.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 9:04pm On Jan 05, 2023
Meenah2hot:
Alhamdulillah Alhamdulillah Alhamdulillah Robilhallamin.
Which of the favors of Allah will I deny
I have been writing this message for a while in anticipation of getting PPR.
I can't express how happy I am today, the excitement is so much.
DIY. I got all the information from Nairaland, OJC and traveling with kids.
My time line
Family of 5
8 months PG certificate
Cambrian college
Submitted September 15
Biometric September 19
Upfront medical September 12
Children and husband medical passed December 1&2
I had TB history. IOM request for sputum test which took 10 weeks before I got the results.
I was tired of waiting. After ten weeks result came out negative I was so happy that was my first PPR. Thanks to " Caleb" for giving me the info about the test and calming me down, he was God sent, because I met him on OJC telegram group may Allah answer all your prayers Amin. I did my second x-ray on December 13
Medical passed January 13

I and my husband worked very hard on the application. I have 7 years study gap with a 3rd class honor In Economics. Am going to study Supply chain management at Cambrian college.
I showed I served at NEMA and also did volunteer there.
Also wrote my work experience as an NPower participant and also have business I run with my husband. My husband is my sponsor.
Affidavit of sponsorship
pay slip
pension statement
other allowance shown
GTBANK MBS of 15 million plus
lump sum explained
Landed properties
My dad's complex documents
My husband car documents
My dad's car documents I use
Travel history I and husband also stated my UK refusal years back
I really appreciate all the gurus and the admins. Thanks makano, lekkiboe
With God every thing is possible and read all the information everything is important

Big congrats.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by User00711: 9:09pm On Jan 05, 2023
Meenah2hot:
My time line
Family of 5
8 months PG certificate
Cambrian college
Submitted September 15
Biometric September 19
I had TB history. IOM request for sputum test which took 10 weeks before I got the results.
I was tired of waiting. After ten weeks result came out negative I was so happy that was my first PPR. Thanks to " Caleb" for giving me the info about the test and calming me down, he was God sent, because I met him on OJC telegram group may Allah answer all your prayers Amin. I did my second x-ray on December 13

I and my husband worked very hard on the application. I have 7 years study gap with a 3rd class honor In Economics. Am going to study Supply chain management at Cambrian college.
Also wrote my work experience as an NPower participant and also have business I run with my husband. My husband is my sponsor.
Affidavit of sponsorship
pay slip
pension statement
other allowance shown
lump sum explained
Landed properties
My husband car documents
With God every thing is possible and read all the information everything is important

Congratulations to you and yours !

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by DarkGamer: 9:13pm On Jan 05, 2023
DarkGamer:
Hello everyone,

I'll try to make this post short. I'm currently a student in the University of Alberta. I've been here in Canada for almost two years and I'm still relatively young. It's getting harder for my parents to comfortably afford the university fees and my younger sister is in her final year of secondary school and about to join me in university.

I understand that the economy in Nigeria is getting worse everyday and the exchange rate does not make it easier for my parents to support me, my younger siblings and the whole family. My dad lost his job in an oil company and my parents are trying to relocate, or at least work in Canada to make things easier.

I've tried to find to find job opportunities for them in Canada but I don't fully understand the job market here and it seems like they need to get a work permit first. It's important to note that they both have degrees in marketing but my dad has worked in logistics and my mom is currently a lecturer.

Can I please have suggestions on what to do next? Thank you for reading.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by gideon19: 9:17pm On Jan 05, 2023
chithec:

Most people choose to do upfront medicals because of available slots
You can choose to do yours now if there are slots available on their website

pls, how does this upfront medicals work?

can those still waiting for admission also enrol?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by gideon19: 9:25pm On Jan 05, 2023
ednut1:
there is no priority visa processing for Canada so they can’t single out your application. Anyone considering giving birth in Canada should have the visa before conception. You can try your luck sha and hope for the best.

Thanks a lot bro, i really appreciate.

Na to wait for Student permit like this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by gideon19: 9:26pm On Jan 05, 2023
Meenah2hot:
My time line
Family of 5
8 months PG certificate
Cambrian college
Submitted September 15
Biometric September 19

Affidavit of sponsorship
pay slip
pension statement
other allowance shown
lump sum explained
Landed properties
My husband car documents

woow, interesting...you mean the POF available was just 15m plus for a family of 5?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiPromise: 9:32pm On Jan 05, 2023
Pls, for those that got notification that passport has left IRCC. Has any of you gotten your introduction letter?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 9:43pm On Jan 05, 2023
Please what explanation did you give for the lump sum

And , did you pay part or full tuition ?

Meenah2hot:
My time line
Family of 5
8 months PG certificate
Cambrian college
Submitted September 15
Biometric September 19

Affidavit of sponsorship
pay slip
pension statement
other allowance shown
lump sum explained
Landed properties
My husband car documents
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Elixosodi(f): 9:44pm On Jan 05, 2023
Greetings!

Please is there a group for Conestoga college? WhatsApp or telegram group kindly share the group link with me. Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 9:45pm On Jan 05, 2023
Yemlizzy:

Kindly Check your email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Peace634244: 9:51pm On Jan 05, 2023
Meenah2hot:
Which of the favors of Allah will I deny.
PPR just drop. Family of 5
This feeling is not here
BRB

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SimpleasABC: 9:56pm On Jan 05, 2023
Asekzz:
What is the advantage of upfront medicals? I submitted my application on the 12th of December.....do I need to do upfront medical or I wait for there reply? Pls I need advice...tnx

Its speed up your application to final decision instead of waiting for there request its better you go for it.
But its doesnt guarantee approval.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nowornever9: 10:01pm On Jan 05, 2023
I got notification earlier today from vfs that my passport is under process at IRCC then later today my IRCC portal updated to application approved but no introduction letter yet.

submitted my passport on 29th december in abuja for those interested in turn around time

ChiPromise:
Pls, for those that got notification that passport has left IRCC. Has any of you gotten your introduction letter?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by breakice31(m): 10:11pm On Jan 05, 2023
nowornever9:

I got notification earlier today from vfs that my passport is under process at IRCC then later today my IRCC portal updated to application approved but no introduction letter yet.

Relax you will get it.
I got my introduction letter this evening; meanwhile I got email notification that my passport is received by VFS from IRCC this morning. So chill…

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bjd09: 10:27pm On Jan 05, 2023
Doyinn234:
Hello everyone please looking for someone to share an apartment (separate room) with in Toronto (Scarborough ) close to centennial college. Rent is 700-750$.
Quote this post if interested (male). Thanks.
Hello I am interested you can reach me on mobolajiadams766@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tghurl(f): 10:27pm On Jan 05, 2023
Same! I'm going for Big Data Analytics, you?

LauraP:
I got admission into Lambton college(Mississauga campus, sept intake)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sos123: 10:48pm On Jan 05, 2023
28th

ChiPromise:

Pls when did you submit your passport?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sos123: 10:58pm On Jan 05, 2023
Did you pay for courier or you will go to VFS to receive your passport

breakice31:

Relax you will get it.
I got my introduction letter this evening; meanwhile I got email notification that my passport is received by VFS from IRCC this morning. So chill…
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SimpleasABC: 11:02pm On Jan 05, 2023
Meenah2hot:
Which of the favors of Allah will I deny.
PPR just drop. Family of 5
This feeling is not here
BRB

Congratulations �

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiPromise: 11:13pm On Jan 05, 2023
nowornever9:

submitted my passport on 29th december in abuja for those interested in turn around time

Okay thanks Dear
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by FranklynJonin: 11:33pm On Jan 05, 2023
Please who is going to Kelowna by April- May? I will like use to find an apartment together.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Josh121(m): 11:48pm On Jan 05, 2023
Hello house people that got admission into Fanshawe college, please can you explain how you went about paying for your first-semester fee, which is all so deposit. As anyone successfully pay with Form A ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Duru009(m): 11:51pm On Jan 05, 2023
Please sir/ma

Which cheap College in Canada can one apply for a program and move with his family immediately as against September 2023 Admission......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by benedictuyi(m): 11:51pm On Jan 05, 2023
Josh121:
Hello house people that got admission into Fanshawe college, please can you explain how you went about paying for your first-semester fee, which is all so deposit. As anyone successfully pay with Form A ?
This Form A matter is something else.

Till now my application is still on Reviewer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 12:00am On Jan 06, 2023
Tghurl:
Same! I'm going for Big Data Analytics, you?

Which campus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Meenah2hot: 12:07am On Jan 06, 2023
gideon19:

woow, interesting...you mean the POF available was just 15m plus for a family of 5?
I paid first semester fees already

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Meenah2hot: 12:11am On Jan 06, 2023
jaydave:
Please what explanation did you give for the lump sum

And , did you pay part or full tuition ?

Sales of landed properties and liquidation of some of hubby money at his cooperative association with prove. Also paid first semester fees

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Leadforteservic: 12:14am On Jan 06, 2023
Thanks for sharing this experience bro
johnstan:

For the little time I've been here, from account opening to bus rides to asking for directions and even saying hi, the few blacks I've come in contact with gave off cold vibes/reception.
I was lost one time trying to get to the bank, I saw a black middle-aged lady walking towards me, I said hi with the intention to ask for directions but she looked and walked past me as you go do for mile 2/orile (trying to be cautious), I was beyond embarrassed.
In school during orientation, this one guy with his accent was obviously Nigerian, I approached him to get directions on the floor to go register for my SIN and his response was as though I was about to stress him out meanwhile he responded to the Indians and other students well.
The exact opposite has been my experience with the white locals here.
The Airbnb host here personally drove me to the store twice to get a few items and offered to drive me again if I needed something else (for Naija its somehow for your host to be driving you around so I declined further rides)

Again I have only been here a few days so I can't say all the blacks are hostile and I've certainly not encountered all the whites around. Pardon my generalization.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iamtombrown: 12:28am On Jan 06, 2023
Fellow Nairalanders,my uncle who was supposed to sponsor my education isn’t responding to me anymore,I’m worried but eventually I got my mate whom I completed junior high school with to help and she says he has talked to her dad and they want to use the family business as POF to sponsor my studies in Canada,please what are the things I would need?
Please a timely response would be very much appreciated and I would like help so as to submit successful documents.
Thank you in advance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cuppycak3: 12:52am On Jan 06, 2023
Please someone that has done this should please give me an estimate please
Cuppycak3:
Please guys HELP A SIS!!!
People that added DEED OF GIFT and VALUATION REPORTS to their application how much did it cost you cuz the price I heard from this lawyer is not smiling at all I need to know how to negotiate or if I should look for a different lawyer
I’ll appreciate a timely Response thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AbSapi(m): 12:58am On Jan 06, 2023
Please guys I'm considering one of these two options for POF for my student visa, I want to invest the money(Treasury bills) and submit the investment certificate, Will this be accepted ?or Is it just the four months bank account statement that is usually accepted ..I'm really considering the investment certificate plan cos I don't want this money lying in my account.

Please advice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (698) (699) (700) (701) (702) (703) (704) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.