Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (698) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1227853 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (695) (696) (697) (698) (699) (700) (701) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiPromise: 11:15am On Jan 05, 2023
NGOZIGLORI:
Got this yesterday ....still waiting and hopeful

Kindly inform us if you receive another mail b4 end of today.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by gideon19: 11:19am On Jan 05, 2023
Hi all, i want to believe this is the wrong thread...but I believe I can still get the help needed, pls.

I plan to travel on Vistors VISA for a medical purpose (i.e. delivery) while still waiting for admission which hopefully should come next month (since they stated that it will take 6 - 10 weeks) for Fall admission.

From our calculation, delivery is to be around July (by the grace of God).

So, i want to confirm it is advisable to pursue Visitor VISA or just wait till i sort out my study permit.

NOTE: I am sure one can update the status from Visitor to Student.

also, for processing Visitor VISA, wouldn't mind knowing if there is any agency that can help out on that, pls.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by teebang: 11:20am On Jan 05, 2023
ChiPromise:

Please can you share the mail you received here?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olayinkaji(m): 11:42am On Jan 05, 2023
Pace6:

Well, in my case I did. Not girlfriend but fiancé, showed photos. grin grin
Lmao your own case an one step higher o wink
Are u in canny now?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olayinkaji(m): 11:43am On Jan 05, 2023
Winnerpoks:
Who is applying for study permit from Ibadan, oyo state? Or who has admission into lambton college? I'll need to talk to anyone please
I don't have admission to lambton but to another school? Whats the question about
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chigozieevans: 12:17pm On Jan 05, 2023
archer05:

Pls can I reach out to you ? I need some information from you

Sure
Why not
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ikiloba: 12:30pm On Jan 05, 2023
Most people who applied for visitors visa trv since January last year have not gotten eligibility messages trv is very very extremely slow for now it's not the best option right now, I will advise you to get a doctor's appointment and make payments for baby delivery. That might also FasTrack visa processing.
I will not advise you to apply using tourists or visitors visa .
gideon19:
Hi all, i want to believe this is the wrong thread...but I believe I can still get the help needed, pls.

I plan to travel on Vistors VISA for a medical purpose (i.e. delivery) while still waiting for admission which hopefully should come next month (since they stated that it will take 6 - 10 weeks) for Fall admission.

So, i want to confirm it is advisable to pursue Visitor VISA or just wait till i sort out my study permit.

also, for processing Visitor VISA, wouldn't mind knowing if there is any agency that can help out on that, pls.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 12:50pm On Jan 05, 2023
ChiPromise:

When did you submit your passport?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Awesomegod2023: 12:59pm On Jan 05, 2023
Please how long does it take after passport submission in person in Lagos.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Maputhohq: 1:00pm On Jan 05, 2023
johnstan:

I changed part to usd and funded my dom account so i could use my usd card. I did not want to carry cash and be worried about change. I plan on apply for Form A - upkeep maintenance so i can use bank rate for the rest (upkeep maintenance is now once a year).

At POE i was asked for only my letter of introduction and visa.

Nah, i dont know any one schooling at centennial. I booked an airbnb online before my departure. (book early so you can get it cheap).
Hi, please I'm just hearing about this "upkeep maintenance". Could you please tell me about it, I'm also looking for ways to change my Naira. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by gideon19: 1:03pm On Jan 05, 2023
Ikiloba:
Most people who applied for visitors visa trv since January last year have not gotten eligibility messages trv is very very extremely slow for now it's not the best option right now, I will advise you to get a doctor's appointment and make payments for baby delivery. That might also FasTrack visa processing.
I will not advise you to apply using tourists or visitors visa .

Thanks a lot for your response @Ikiloba.

just a follow up question, pls.

How can i go about getting a genuine doctor's appointment and will this be in-line with us trying to process a Student permit..or which of the VISA will this be?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mydayofjoy1: 1:18pm On Jan 05, 2023
Before traveling to Canada right now you should know that the weather over there is very coald. In other words why not get good and quality winter wears before traveling.
If you are wondering were will you get such in Lagos hmmm, worry no more because i sell quality winter wears for a living. Not just the jacket but also boots,gloves head warmer and the more. My shop na one stop shop because we go even provide you with free and delicious food with varieties to choose from. If you are opportune to see this post save my number because very soon nairaland people go come and remove it. My number is 09030461246 you can call or whatsapp always available is my second name lol

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Samade7: 1:24pm On Jan 05, 2023
johnstan:

Sorry about the refusal.

You might need to recheck your documents or order your gcms notes to know where you missed it. A third party sponsored visa application can fail if not well packaged as it is not enough to simply use them.

If you're using a third party sponsor as a working class adult, you must prove that you're responsible enough to finance yourself along with your sponsor (you can't be working and expect that your sponsor will foot all the bills, what happened to your earnings). If you're a young school leaver/or fresh out of high school (sec school) then the scrutiny may be less as you're not expected to be financially capable to support yourself.

Your sponsor's financial commitments will be reviewed as well. If the person is married with kids, adding you to their expenses will be a factor that will be reviewed along with the person's income. If the person is single then the scrutiny may be less.

Other factors are the length of your program considering the financial obligation you're about to place on your sister, your home ties, is your chosen course a form of career progression (based on your work experience or previous degree), how packaged was your SOP etc. The application needs to be top notch, you understand.

I don't think there's a need to request for refunds of your medicals if you ask me especially if you plan to reapply. The medicals is valid for 12 months so doing it now will not be a bad idea. Contact them to confirm their refund policy though.

You can always defer your admission at least 2 weeks to your resumption and be placed in another intake, your fees will be transferred to the new intake. This is done via the ocas portal.
You can also choose to withdraw the application and request for refund ( your 1500CAD will be refunded less 200CAD admin fee if you attach your proof of refusal.
Note that you will be refunded based on the dollar rate for the day the funds are credited to your account so it can be lesser or higher than the amount you were debited in Naira.

I hope this helps.

God will bless you richly, thanks so much sir. I really appreciate this.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chigozieevans: 1:29pm On Jan 05, 2023
ChiPromise:

Pls have u gone for your passport?

I have not gone for my passport.
I actually got 2 'Do not Reply' mails from VFS today at about 8:14am that my passport 'has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, Abuja OC on Thu Jan 05 2023 via courier partner'

Check the attached screenshots for the 2 mails.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GoodofNaija: 1:36pm On Jan 05, 2023
chigozieevans:

I have not gone for my passport.
I actually got 2 'Do not Reply' mails from VFS today at about 8:14am that my passport 'has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, Abuja OC on Thu Jan 05 2023 via courier partner'

Check the attached screenshots for the 2 mails.
Why did they say you cannot go to VAC and collect it yourself?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chigozieevans: 1:40pm On Jan 05, 2023
GoodofNaija:

Why did they say you cannot go to VAC and collect it yourself?

It's an auto generated response I think.
So probably the IT guru there have not reviewed the auto generated response or edited the key word

My opinion though
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tgbengus151(m): 1:41pm On Jan 05, 2023
Why won't "they" remove it? You've never contributed to the thread in whatsoever way but you decided to divert from the purpose of the thread and use it as a means of advertising your products. Moreover, you created the account today and there's a big possiblity that you might be a scam. Or who can vouch for your credibility here?

Mydayofjoy1:
Before traveling to Canada right now you should know that the weather over there is very coald. In other words why not get good and quality winter wears before traveling.
If you are wondering were will you get such in Lagos hmmm, worry no more because i sell quality winter wears for a living. Not just the jacket but also boots,gloves head warmer and the more. My shop na one stop shop because we go even provide you with free and delicious food with varieties to choose from. If you are opportune to see this post save my number because very soon nairaland people go come and remove it. My number is 09030461246 you can call or whatsapp always available is my second name lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tgbengus151(m): 1:42pm On Jan 05, 2023
Mine took about 3 days. So it depends.

Awesomegod2023:
Please how long does it take after passport submission in person in Lagos.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 2:19pm On Jan 05, 2023
Samade7:

God will bless you richly, thanks so much sir. I really appreciate this.

You're welcome.
Please do not give up, repackage and re-apply.
Been here for 5 days and all i can say is that it's a beautiful country.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by NGOZIGLORI(f): 2:20pm On Jan 05, 2023
So why are these ones taking more thàn 5 working days. They should know this is a crucial period for students. Most schools have resumed, deadlines for resumption are fast approaching. For UPEI they resumed on the 4 and gave them till 12th to be in school. If my daughter doesn't leave be Tuesday to get to prince Edward by Thursday the 12 then she will have to forefit this winter semester resumption untill September. And September is just far for one to wait. Anything can happen.

Oh God please intercede for your children
Tgbengus151:
Mine took about 3 days. So it depends.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 2:23pm On Jan 05, 2023
Maputhohq:

Hi, please I'm just hearing about this "upkeep maintenance". Could you please tell me about it, I'm also looking for ways to change my Naira. Thank you.

It's a wire transfer you can initiate to your account abroad via form A at bank rate just like payment of school fees and PTA.
Banks now process the payment once a yr due to FX issues while school fees can be processed per semester.
The process now takes about 60 days just like school fees payment.

I hope this clarifies it.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by NGOZIGLORI(f): 2:30pm On Jan 05, 2023
Pls John, I wanted to ask, did you carry excess kg? If yes....pls after paying for the excess kg at the airport here in Nigeria did you pay another money for it at Toronto when boarding flight to your final destination?
johnstan:

You're welcome.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Samade7: 2:35pm On Jan 05, 2023
johnstan:

You're welcome.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Otikmsk(m): 2:36pm On Jan 05, 2023
NGOZIGLORI:
So why are these ones taking more thàn 5 working days. They should know this is a crucial period for students. Most schools have resumed, deadlines for resumption are fast approaching. For UPEI they resumed on the 4 and gave them till 12th to be in school. If my daughter doesn't leave be Tuesday to get to prince Edward by Thursday the 12 then she will have to forefit this winter semester resumption untill September. And September is just far for one to wait. Anything can happen.

Track your passport through the tracking number given to you, to know where your passport is at the moment. They may not update you on time through mail.
Oh God please intercede for your children
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Adeoti2: 2:39pm On Jan 05, 2023
Our passports has been sent for processing and we got this message today, patiently waiting for the returned passport . Those waiting I pray you all receive your good news. There was a particular lady we were waiting for PPR together after correspondence, I can't remember your moniker, I didn't see your post, I hope you got a positive feedback

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mydayofjoy1: 2:40pm On Jan 05, 2023
Tgbengus151:
Why won't "they" remove it? You've never contributed to the thread in whatsoever way but you decided to divert from the purpose of the thread and use it as a means of advertising your products. Moreover, you created the account today and there's a big possiblity that you might be a scam. Or who can vouch for your credibility here?

You don't pay till you see what you are paying for. I don't see how scam is possible because my shop is located at tejuosho market. I pay shop rent and I've been in this business for five yes now, my post is very relevant because I'm providing solution to winter problem
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 2:40pm On Jan 05, 2023
NGOZIGLORI:
Pls John, I wanted to ask, did you carry excess kg? If yes....pls after paying for the excess kg at the airport here in Nigeria did you pay another money for it at Toronto when boarding flight to your final destination?

Yes, I had excess baggage.
I had to sort the airline staff on duty (they are the ones in charge). if you pay the normal price it will be expensive so just reason with them and drop something (it won't be less than 10k sha)
Once the bags are checked in you won't see them till you arrive at your destination and pick them up - My final destination was Toronto, I took a cab to waterloo.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ednut1(m): 2:49pm On Jan 05, 2023
gideon19:

the baby would have been born before they reply your visit visa application. It’s currently 7 to 12months processing . Only parents visit visa / spouse in Canada they are processing faster these days. Dont waste your time and money

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 2:54pm On Jan 05, 2023
Olayinkaji:

Lmao your own case an one step higher o wink
Are u in canny now?

grin grin Soon o.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by NGOZIGLORI(f): 3:01pm On Jan 05, 2023
Ok.thanks for your response. Truly appreciate.

My issue now is from Toronto to her final destination which is Charlottetown in Prince Edward Island.
If she will need to pay for the excess kg before boarding and what the charges will be like.?

johnstan:

Yes, I had excess baggage.
I had to sort the airline staff on duty (they are the ones in charge). if you pay the normal price it will be expensive so just reason with them and drop something (it won't be less than 10k sha)
Once the bags are checked in you won't see them till you arrive at your destination and pick them up - My final destination was Toronto, I took a cab to waterloo.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iamtombrown: 3:03pm On Jan 05, 2023
Please is anyone moving to UPEI in the fall?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 3:18pm On Jan 05, 2023
NGOZIGLORI:
Ok.thanks for your response. Truly appreciate.

My issue now is from Toronto to her final destination which is Charlottetown in Prince Edward Island.
If she will need to pay for the excess kg before boarding and what the charges will be like.?

If it is a connecting flight by the same airline she booked from lag (flights with stopovers) then she will not, but if it's a different airline, she will retrieve her bags at Toronto and most like pay for excess luggage again while boarding her next flight.

(1) (2) (3) ... (695) (696) (697) (698) (699) (700) (701) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.