Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (721) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1220968 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 11:45am On Jan 11, 2023
You can use the dollar account but ensure you show the deposit trail supported with a gift deed.
ufoms:
My sponsor wants to be sending me some dollars to my domiciliary account monthly here in Nigeria. For 4 months at a stretch he will be depositing money there. Can I use dat also as my proof of fund? Hope I won't be asked of my naira account. Cos the domiciliary account won't be busy just monthly deposit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 11:46am On Jan 11, 2023
The website was under maintenance yesterday. So I’m not sure if IRCC has completed it.
bayokay:
Has anyone been able to log in to the portal through Gckey recently? I keep getting error. I have cleared cache and tried different browsers, still won't let me log in
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 11:47am On Jan 11, 2023
You will receive two correspondence letters. The first is a Biometric Validation Letter (BIL) confirming biometric validity. The second one is the Introduction Letter, generated after IRCC places the counterfoil on your passport. The latter is the one required at the POE
SimpleasABC:
Please my NL people,
What is the difference between LOI and Correspondence Letter?
Do you need LOI after you have the Correspondence letter?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 11:52am On Jan 11, 2023
Yes, you will be eligible for a one-year PGWP. However, depending on your age, level of education, language score, a close relative in Canada etc., one year of work experience might not give you sufficient time to gain enough work experience for Federal programs. But you can apply for PR with provincial nominee programs. Most provinces have PR programs tailored for students and workers in their province.
What is the name of your intended program?
Godpikin4:
@bullstriker, thank you very much for taking time to advise folks here.

My concern with a PGD is the one year work permit. Is that enough time to work and possibly qualify for PR?
Would have opted for two years program but I graduated with a 2.2 and most PGD programs related to my current job are for one year.

College Diplomas are two years but I am considering my chances of getting approved and also FORM A doesn't work for Diplomas.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 11:55am On Jan 11, 2023
IRCC will not approve your study permit if you have not passed the medical. Unfortunately, medical updates may not be visible on the online account due to technical glitches.
Some of my clients that submitted their passports in late December are receiving them now. Remember, IRCC offices were closed during the Holidays.
What do you mean by a passport held in Abuja?
Sammmypoko:
Good morning, A friend got passport request December and submitted the passport 23rd only to discover that the medical hasn't been updated to passed, now she has to miss this January admission and she also has her passport held in Abuja, we have sent webform for the medical to be updated but haven't gotten acknowledgement yet. Has anyone been in this situation before?

@makano
@johnstan
@frankrobin
@anon123
@bullstriker

Other gurus here please what do you suggest? We are really beggining to get scared? We even booked her flight hoping we would have gotten it back. Kindly help with an advice or suggestions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 12:01pm On Jan 11, 2023
Yes, if IRCC has not made a decision on your application
Moyosore019:
Good morning everyone

Once you defer admission and send the updated admission letter and coop letter( for those who have) to IRCC through email and webform and you get this mail are you good to go?

@makano
@johnstan
@frankrobin
@anon123
@bullstriker
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by danowena: 12:04pm On Jan 11, 2023
bullstriker:
Yes, you can apply for them to come over. Don’t worry; their applications will be approved if you are enrolled full-time, and the relationship is not a marriage of convenience. Clearly, you won’t have any problem demonstrating the genuineness of the relationship. You will need an enrolment letter from the school and a study permit to apply for them.
Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Moyosore019: 12:05pm On Jan 11, 2023
bullstriker:
Yes, if IRCC has not made a decision on your application

Alright, thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TOSM: 12:34pm On Jan 11, 2023
[quote author=Moyosore019 post=119926622]

Please Moyosore, how did you go about the update? I deferred my admission and got the updated LOA after submitting my application and would like to update the letter too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Simti: 12:42pm On Jan 11, 2023
Hello,

I hope this message meets everyone well?

I wanted to inquire if it is ok if an application was refused based on the course of study not being online with the current career/ previous to change course in a new application?

Is it possible to stick with that same course and explain the rationale behind going for that course with a detailed LOE?
Or change course entirely?

I feel changing course will give them the perception that 1 does not know what he/she is doing.
Please I need advice.

I have a bachelors in Economics and intend to go for a second degree in public health which is for two years cos it is basically for folks that intend to change career path which I explained in my sop but I guess I did not take my time to explain it .

@ bullstriker
Please o have been trying to get in touch with you to no avail. Can I have your direct contact to communicate better with you?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sammmypoko(m): 12:54pm On Jan 11, 2023
bullstriker:
IRCC will not approve your study permit if you have not passed the medical. Unfortunately, medical updates may not be visible on the online account due to technical glitches.
Some of my clients that submitted their passports in late December are receiving them now. Remember, IRCC offices were closed during the Holidays.
What do you mean by a passport held in Abuja?

She got PPR December and submitted passport 23rd, VFS sent her a mail of acknowledgement but up till now she has not gotten the passport. The agent said the medical has not been updated to pass. She's a second time applicant though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mrprolifik: 12:54pm On Jan 11, 2023
Moyosore019:

“inform IRCC via webform using your account“ please how? Is it the same as sending emails and webform? Please what do you mean by using your account?
The visa in your passport is not a study permit. The visa allows you to travel to Canada. It is when you get to Canada that your study permit will be issued by the Canadian border security agency ( immigration).
If the visa in your passport is still valid when you plan to start your program , then you are good to go, as long as it's the same school and same program you used in applying for the study permit. But remember to get your updated letter of acceptance from your school. You can send IRCC an email via webform after logging into you account to inform them of your new start date but it isnt compulsory.
Remember it isn't compulsory but its safer. But if your visa isn't approved yet and you defer your program ,then it's a must that you have to inform ircc via webform by also sending them your new letter of acceptance .
Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 12:55pm On Jan 11, 2023
Hello house pls is there any passport photograph size specification? I want to take passport photograph for visa application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mrprolifik: 12:56pm On Jan 11, 2023
Faith93:

Hello please I wanted to knw, what if I defer for May but for a different course what will I need to do?
Is it the same school?
Is your study permit application approved?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 12:59pm On Jan 11, 2023
Bamz555:
Hello house pls is there any passport photograph size specification? I want to take passport photograph for visa application
Pls it’s urgent. Anybody??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Moyosore019: 1:08pm On Jan 11, 2023
[quote author=TOSM post=119927477][/quote]

I sent emails and webform

NROBIIMDocument@international.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Moyosore019: 1:10pm On Jan 11, 2023
mrprolifik:
The visa in your passport is not a study permit. The visa allows you to travel to Canada. It is when you get to Canada that your study permit will be issued by the Canadian border security agency ( immigration).
If the visa in your passport is still valid when you plan to start your program , then you are good to go, as long as it's the same school and same program you used in applying for the study permit. But remember to get your updated letter of acceptance from your school. You can send IRCC an email via webform after logging into you account to inform them of your new start date but it isnt compulsory.
Remember it isn't compulsory but its safer. But if your visa isn't approved yet and you defer your program ,then it's a must that you have to inform ircc via webform by also sending them your new letter of acceptance .
Goodluck

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TOSM: 1:16pm On Jan 11, 2023
[quote author=Moyosore019 post=119928395]
Thanks Moyo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Godpikin4: 1:24pm On Jan 11, 2023
bullstriker:
Yes, you will be eligible for a one-year PGWP. However, depending on your age, level of education, language score, a close relative in Canada etc., one year of work experience might not give you sufficient time to gain enough work experience for Federal programs. But you can apply for PR with provincial nominee programs. Most provinces have PR programs tailored for students and workers in their province.
Thank you for your response. I intend to go for PGD in Human Resource Management...I currently work as a customer service executive.

Do you think this demonstrates progression?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Leadforteservic: 1:34pm On Jan 11, 2023
Amen. Thanks so much. Wow august 16th, please keep firing IRCC MAILS and webforms especially webforms. I never stopped disturbing them with webforms till my BVL dropped. You will get yours too in no time and we will celebrate it with you.
Eje18:

Congratulations to you. Your PPR will come. I am still waiting for mine. August 16th Applicant

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Faith93: 1:52pm On Jan 11, 2023
mrprolifik:
Is it the same school?
Is your study permit application approved?
Yes it's thesame school.

But the study permit hasn't been approved.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SimpleasABC: 2:12pm On Jan 11, 2023
bullstriker:
You will receive two correspondence letters. The first is a Biometric Validation Letter (BIL) confirming biometric validity. The second one is the Introduction Letter, generated after IRCC places the counterfoil on your passport. The latter is the one required at the POE

Thank you..that one came in later

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by DamDamDam1: 2:18pm On Jan 11, 2023
Please is vaccination card or covid test still required to travel to Canada. If yes what Hospital can in Lagos (on the island ) can we use. Called a few and they kept saying they are not giving vaccines
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by User00711: 2:23pm On Jan 11, 2023
DamDamDam1:
Please is vaccination card or covid test still required to travel to Canada. If yes what Hospital can in Lagos (on the island ) can we use. Called a few and they kept saying they are not giving vaccines

No it is not

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by User00711: 2:25pm On Jan 11, 2023
Bamz555:

Pls it’s urgent. Anybody??

Tell the photographer Canadian passport size
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chibzzy789: 2:31pm On Jan 11, 2023
bullstriker:

@bullstriker, thanks for all you do here. Due to lesser funds, can one apply for a one year graduate program, complete that and do another one year program to make 2 years in order to be eligible for a 3 years PGWP. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mrprolifik: 2:33pm On Jan 11, 2023
Faith93:

Yes it's thesame school.

But the study permit hasn't been approved.
Then you need to send your new letter of acceptance to IRCC using webform after logging into your account.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by teebullion1(f): 3:08pm On Jan 11, 2023
hapheeyxz:

Hello ma'am...

I'm interested in the Honda and I can wait till the said time. What should I do before then?
I responded to your mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TOSM: 3:16pm On Jan 11, 2023
mrprolifik:

Then you need to send your new letter of acceptance to IRCC using webform after logging into your account.

Please is "replacement documents, amendment to documents" the option to choose for uploading a new letter of acceptance?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Faith93: 3:28pm On Jan 11, 2023
mrprolifik:

Ok thank you so much but pls reply your mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by NGOZIGLORI(f): 3:42pm On Jan 11, 2023
Go there with your tracking slip that they gave you the day you submitted and collect it. It's allowed

Ojukwudfugitive:
Hello respected folks,
I submitted my original passport at Lagos VAC on December 30, 2022. It's ready for pickup.
How do I pay for it to be couriered to me as I was emailed that in-person collection is suspended for now?
Thank you.

Regards!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sos123: 3:57pm On Jan 11, 2023
I went there and received my kpali oooh.. Nobody stop me. In lagos go before 10AM. Abuja People freestyle.

Ojukwudfugitive:
Hello respected folks,
I submitted my original passport at Lagos VAC on December 30, 2022. It's ready for pickup.
How do I pay for it to be couriered to me as I was emailed that in-person collection is suspended for now?
Thank you.

Regards!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.