Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,617 members, 7,816,539 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (749) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1219493 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by talk2priscal: 11:52pm On Jan 18, 2023
God bless you

Pace6:

If it’s more than 150 days, you should inform them. You just have to send the new LOA and tell them you deferred your admission to Fall 2023.

No, your passport won’t be re-stamped as the stamped on is still valid until expiration.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AOlalere: 12:04am On Jan 19, 2023
My apologies, I am just seeing this. Yes she got it after plenty emails. It took like 2 weeks though. Thanks so much for the concern. I do have another issue with where to upload the IMM5709 form to extend study permit. Perhaps you could help me with any information you have. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mokarios(m): 12:32am On Jan 19, 2023
Hi everyone,

Has anyone renewed their passports recently?
What's the backlog like for renewing international passports in Ottawa?

I'm resident downt Toronto, my passport expires in les than 10 weeks and I have an appointment in Ottawa for the last Friday of this month.

If you have any connections, please help me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PreciousChidex7: 12:40am On Jan 19, 2023
Ayimperial1:
Anyone going to Niagara College by Sept 2023?

Yes am also traveling by September too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by perrol(m): 12:48am On Jan 19, 2023
Hi, please how much will it cost me for a certificate courses or diploma in Canada for family of 4? Including visa fee and the rest.
I will appreciate to receive from people already in Canada either single or family
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Shadybeauty: 1:53am On Jan 19, 2023
Please do I need to attach language of instruction and examination when applying to University Canada West?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Baphil: 2:02am On Jan 19, 2023
Where did you do your biometric? Where are you you submitting? Are you submitting alone or also submitting for a child under 14 years old?

Answering these queations will help to guide you. You can also screenshot and post the mail sent to you here.

Jumax28:

I got an email asking to pay #9930 to the same sterling account number we all know but different account name as Canada visa fee
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Baphil: 2:10am On Jan 19, 2023
You do not need an appointment to submit but make sure you are there before 10am. One minute after 10am disqualifies you.

Please post the letter here so that I can help decipher and answer the previous questions I asked.
1. Where did you enroll your biometrics?
2. Where do you intend to submit your passport?
3. Are you submitting alone?
4. Are you also submitting for a child under 14 years of age?

Jumax28:
Do I need to book appointment to submit passport or go and enquiry about the sms sent with regards the money to be paid? @Lagos vfs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by topsyalooma: 2:43am On Jan 19, 2023
Please Gurus in the house,
My wife got LOA January 12th for May Entrants and we intend to defer till September to allow for adequate preparations after payment of initial deposit.
However, I shall be the sponsor for my wife submitting my both personal and company SOA. My wife also has a registered business (Business name/Sole proprietorship) which has a an active business account but she doesn't make transactions through her personal savings.
We shall start the process of application anytime soon but I wish to know;
1) As a sponsor would there be any effect having lump sum in my personal account even though I have enough documents for my businesses and being the sole signatory.
2) Aside the letter of sponsorship which I might be providing, is it compulsory to send all required funds to my wife's account as a lump sum.
3) Should my wife submit her business account as her POF instead of personal account or she submit both.
4) What is the expected minimum balance for a sponsor or the applicant.
5) Wife has been denied UK tourist visa in the past, can she submit her refusal letter with documents to be submitted.
6) I have a Domiciliary Account which I shall be using in paying her initial tuition deposit and the account is less than 3months can I include with other SOAs
7) Generally what's expected of a sponsor.

Thanks in anticipation.
God bless you all and more successes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by match2016: 2:49am On Jan 19, 2023
bullstriker:
You can use a third party, but you must convince the VO why the person wants to sponsor.
Demonstrate prior support received from the person, have the person money pay your tuition fee from his account, and show pictures you took with the person during important events like graduation, marriage, birth etc.

Please I am trying to send you a message. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by match2016: 2:51am On Jan 19, 2023
For those that have been waiting for IRCC for a long time, has anyone put in another application again? Like a second application? Someone mentioned this to me today. I have been waiting for more than 7 months.

Thank you

match2016:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 3:40am On Jan 19, 2023
1. Yes, there would be. Explain every lump sum.

2. No, it is not compulsory.

3. She can use one or both

4. There is no fixed minimum for both. A sponsor must show funds for the first year’s cost of education. However, realistically, showing just the minimum is not recommended; it does not make sense for the sponsor to spend all the funds on your education. If an applicant has a sponsor but is employed, they just need to show little funds as evidence that they have something saved.

5. Mention it. A refusal letter is not required

6. Yes, you can.
topsyalooma:
Please Gurus in the house,
My wife got LOA January 12th for May Entrants and we intend to defer till September to allow for adequate preparations after payment of initial deposit.
However, I shall be the sponsor for my wife submitting my both personal and company SOA. My wife also has a registered business (Business name/Sole proprietorship) which has a an active business account but she doesn't make transactions through her personal savings.
We shall start the process of application anytime soon but I wish to know;
1) As a sponsor would there be any effect having lump sum in my personal account even though I have enough documents for my businesses and being the sole signatory.
2) Aside the letter of sponsorship which I might be providing, is it compulsory to send all required funds to my wife's account as a lump sum.
3) Should my wife submit her business account as her POF instead of personal account or she submit both.
4) What is the expected minimum balance for a sponsor or the applicant.
5) Wife has been denied UK tourist visa in the past, can she submit her refusal letter with documents to be submitted.
6) I have a Domiciliary Account which I shall be using in paying her initial tuition deposit and the account is less than 3months can I include with other SOAs
7) Generally what's expected of a sponsor.

Thanks in anticipation.
God bless you all and more successes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 3:41am On Jan 19, 2023
Replied
match2016:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by rotexteymie(f): 3:56am On Jan 19, 2023
Electroweb:
Hello everyone,
I want to know if someone needs a transit visa if flying with Lufthansa from Nigeria and transiting through Germany to Canada.

Thanks

You don’t need a transit visa for this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by matthew080: 5:39am On Jan 19, 2023
Help
My school resume Jan 9,and school refused my deferral saying I should pay full first semester that I don't even have,
Ircc refuse to give final decision,either refusal or approval,since six mths
Pls can I still go do upfront med,
Or I should not waste my money
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Allboiz: 6:15am On Jan 19, 2023
Thanks chithec mrprolifik for the other time.

Guys, please help me with this

Cambrian college just requested for official and complete university transcript. Can I use the official student transcript I have since it is urgent?

Also, they requested I provide transcript and credentials of all studies after 2015 which I don't have. I have been working since after nysc service (2017). What do you suggest I do?

Thanks!!! Attached below is the mail.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Leadforteservic: 6:42am On Jan 19, 2023
No
Electroweb:
Hello everyone,
I want to know if someone needs a transit visa if flying with Lufthansa from Nigeria and transiting through Germany to Canada.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 6:59am On Jan 19, 2023
talk2priscal:
God bless you

Amen and Amen

God bless you too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SmartzJayTech: 7:05am On Jan 19, 2023
Bamz555:

Pls which of d portal did u use and can I get ur contact pls. Would need guidance frm u.
Denxite2012@yahoo.com

New Portal... You can also send a mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SmartzJayTech: 7:09am On Jan 19, 2023
aji2000:

Congratulations! Is it new or old portal as the new is not loading application status

New Portal... Yeah, I sometimes find it difficult login into my account but I discovered IRCC was having "site maintenance" on their site. You can always check again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MarrisCoco: 7:33am On Jan 19, 2023
Kanekade:

The medicals is valid for one year so if it’s still under 1year, it’ll be updated to passed
Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Powermike8: 7:54am On Jan 19, 2023
User00711:

I wouldn’t advise that you travel just yet. Wait till you get the new admission letter and plan accordingly

Thanks for your advice, well appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Powermike8: 8:02am On Jan 19, 2023
I used an agency for my application, you can email me if you want their service. Their service is expensive because the charge in CAD, but their success rate is high. I am a first time applicant.
confido2017:

Good morning, pls can you give me the step by step processes.

Is it undergraduate or post graduate?

Congrats and thank you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Powermike8: 8:06am On Jan 19, 2023
Winnerpoks:

I'll advice you wait till you get a new LOA. From what I see you'll need an enrollment letter from your school which you don't currently have so just wait for the new admission.

Thanks for your advice, well appreciated. I have decided to wait.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Army2022: 8:27am On Jan 19, 2023
Good morning NL family, I'm asking this question for the fourth time please I am pleading with all the experienced persons here to help with an answer.
**IRCC requested I resubmit my application with all my documents through webform. ** As it's not possible to merge all these documents to 3.5mb
(POF, Fam info, Digital photo, Int'l passport,LOA, Client info and Imm5257)

Is it advisable for me to submit the files one after the other...that is 7 webforms?
I'll really appreciate everyone's contribution.
May God grant all of us ppr in Jesus name Amen.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Danilvex(m): 8:31am On Jan 19, 2023
chithec:

Is this for May or September intake?

I was admitted for winter though but I have plans of deferring the admission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by danherb: 8:39am On Jan 19, 2023
Niagara College Graduate certificate. ( International Business Management)

Olbat12:
Which college and program ( Graduate certificate or diploma)?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by don4real: 8:50am On Jan 19, 2023
Did you pay directly to IOM standard chartered? Because a so called doctor called me that I send the money to another account number?
Kehindeafolabi:

Yes. I called them so they booked an appointment for me themselves
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by KingCassy(m): 9:17am On Jan 19, 2023
Army2022:

You're not making a mistake. I did my medical 2weeks after my biometrics. it was also updated to "passed" same day I sent my medical sheet through webform.
So you have nothing to worry about.

Ok but I was told since I’ve submitted my application… I can no longer upload the upfront medicals after doing it… Someone is telling me to pay him and he can submit it… please I how do I get to upload it myself
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HermajestyQ(f): 9:21am On Jan 19, 2023
My PPR just dropped.

I have been reading silently here for a while now and promised myself to share my timeline.

First time applicant with my hubby.
Study permit
Application -19 December 2022
Biometrics request at vfs Pretoria- 19 December 2022
Medical request- 9 January 2023
Medical done - 16 January 2023
Medical passed- 19 January 2023
BVL and passport request vfs Pretoria- 19 January 2023

It can only be God!
Good luck to all those still expecting.

23 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mrprolifik: 9:24am On Jan 19, 2023
Army2022:
Good morning NL family, I'm asking this question for the fourth time please I am pleading with all the experienced persons here to help with an answer.
**IRCC requested I resubmit my application with all my documents through webform. ** As it's not possible to merge all these documents to 3.5mb
(POF, Fam info, Digital photo, Int'l passport,LOA, Client info and Imm5257)

Is it advisable for me to submit the files one after the other...that is 7 webforms?
I'll really appreciate everyone's contribution.
May God grant all of us ppr in Jesus name Amen.

You can merge and compress your file online using pdf compressor to make it smaller.
https://www.pdfsmart.com/en/compress-pdf?gclid=Cj0KCQiA8aOeBhCWARIsANRFrQGYcu7a_lCRDkQYOM82xWaKjoJ-HQW6SRnCeqW9-MKv5zIvsnp02XoaAj3CEALw_wcB

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Belinda32: 9:24am On Jan 19, 2023
GodswillBeDone:

Cape Breton University, January 2023 intake here. What about you?

Goodmorning, please were you added to any WhatsApp group ? I’m interested too

(1) (2) (3) ... (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.