Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (826) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1225666 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) (828) (829) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Molajim: 12:05am On Feb 11, 2023
Focus99:
What about the school?
Two people I know got study permit for September 2023 already.

Nothing is wrong with the school and the island is a very very beautiful place. It doesn’t affect your study permit. Only that FOR ME, I’m seeking a better life not a more stressful one and my conclusion was based on these facts;
1) The acceptance rate of the school increased by more than 50%. Public records state that’s Cape Breton economy is now over 62% funded by international student tuition.
The economic implications are ; they are yet to have the capacity to provide enough jobs and accommodation on the island.
2) students that are there already complain that
the university is outgrowing its surrounding infrastructure. Implicattion is ; school resources that is provided for 10people now have to be share with more than 20 people.
My conclusion: travelling to a foreign country to study can be challenging on its own. I don’t need added stress. Imagine during summer break where u are to work as much as u want to stack up money but u cannot find work.
Pls note. Post covid era has increased remote job offer, you can work from anywhere in Canada. Also , English being our first language we have an edge over other int students who struggle with English.
Just do your own research to know what works for you, what you can put up with and plan very well. It’s not just about just leaving naija

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Heritagebib: 12:29am On Feb 11, 2023
Thank you for d detailed explanation.
Can you pls suggest a good sch for me in Canada considering all these things you mentioned.
Nairalandersplease..
Molajim:

Nothing is wrong with the school and the island is a very very beautiful place. It doesn’t affect your study permit. Only that FOR ME, I’m seeking a better life not a more stressful one and my conclusion was based on these facts;
1) The acceptance rate of the school increased by more than 50%. Public records state that’s Cape Breton economy is now over 62% funded by international student tuition.
The economic implications are ; they are yet to have the capacity to provide enough jobs and accommodation on the island.
2) students that are there already complain that
the university is outgrowing its surrounding infrastructure. Implicattion is ; school resources that is provided for 10people now have to be share with more than 20 people.
My conclusion: travelling to a foreign country to study can be challenging on its own. I don’t need added stress. Imagine during summer break where u are to work as much as u want to stack up money but u cannot find work.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ikay3502(m): 12:50am On Feb 11, 2023
Ohh.. ok. Well I simply wanted a direct and quicker response/communication since we're both going to Conestoga.. u know how it is when you're stucked at a certain place and u need a quick response, but there's no one to answer swiftly.. anyways, I just got admission to Conestoga and I was giving untill March to make a tution deposit. So I read in your timeline how u paid your tution deposit the next day(from your Ppr testimony), hence I need help paying mine too..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Youthmaster1: 1:30am On Feb 11, 2023
Submitted on 31st of October but still waiting 😪.. is there anyone waiting for that long here ? The waiting is not easy but praying for positive results.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Uzorsammy(m): 1:40am On Feb 11, 2023
The is being flagged dow by Canadian govt
Heritagebib:
Thank you bro.
Can you please explain your reasons, I will have to show my husband so that he can read it by himself.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 2:25am On Feb 11, 2023
I believe you have received responses regarding the school. Unfortunately, I don’t know much about the school's accommodation and social amenities. But rest assured that CBU is a DLI and the programs are PGWP-eligible.

Most business programs fit your profile. Let me know if you want me to apply to any of these programs. I don’t charge for school admission, but you must pay the application fee, if applicable.

Postgraduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate - Customer Relationship Marketing and Sales Management (CRM2)
Fanshawe College
Tuition
$16,379.00 CAD

Postgraduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate - Strategic Relationship Marketing (B409) (Optional Co-op)
George Brown College - St. James
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Tuition
$16,100.00 CAD

Postgraduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate - Business Development and Sales (1455)
Conestoga College - Doon
Tuition
$18,800.00 CAD

Postgraduate Diploma
Post-Degree Diploma - Sales
Douglas College - New Westminster
Tuition
$19,101.00 CAD

Heritagebib:

@bullstriker
@ketima
@lekiboboe
@technix
@Anon123
@Makano

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 3:04am On Feb 11, 2023
Cuppycak3:
Please I want to receive money from a us account to my FCMB dom account and they’re asking for my routing number…what should I enter?

For foreign inflows into your Naira account, contact your local bank and request for their SWIFT details.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by segzyndpep(m): 3:16am On Feb 11, 2023
bullstriker:
I believe you have received responses regarding the school. Unfortunately, I don’t know much about the school's accommodation and social amenities. But rest assured that CBU is a DLI and the programs are PGWP-eligible.

Most business programs fit your profile. Let me know if you want me to apply to any of these programs. I don’t charge for school admission, but you must pay the application fee, if applicable.

Postgraduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate - Customer Relationship Marketing and Sales Management (CRM2)
Fanshawe College
Tuition
$16,379.00 CAD

Postgraduate Certificate
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Tuition
$16,100.00 CAD

Postgraduate Certificate
Conestoga College - Doon
Tuition
$18,800.00 CAD

Postgraduate Diploma
Tuition
$19,101.00 CAD

Please can i Dm you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Arctic21: 3:57am On Feb 11, 2023
segzyndpep:
Good evening everyone, i need someone to help me with idea for writing a convincing SOP because of my complex situation. Below are few of my current situation.

1. Presently in uk ( how to proof home ties to Nigeria)

2. I have pof running in my personal (loan from a friend for 6months). Do i need to still explain the source?

3. Backup pounds from Hubby to show with POF(he is also in UK).

4. He has a registered company in Nigeria but he doesnt pay salary to himself during the company operation for 5years but he has online presence and several projects.

I will appreciate an advice on here and via DM.

Hi Nairaland family 👪. I'm new hew in terms of contributing, but old in followership. I've benefited immensely. That said. I'm willing to guide you in writing a structured and strong SOP. Some of the tips that will guide you include the following

1. Introduction/Background Personal Information
2. The admission details- e.g. institution, commencement/completion dates, location in Canada, tuition, DLI, student number etc
3. Reasons for Choosing the institution, program and Canada
4. Educational and Career Information
5. Career Objectives after completion of studies
6. Family 👪 details and information- parents, spouse, siblings, children etc
7. Travel History
Assets and Sources of Fund
8. Other information
9. Conclusion

Please note that this is note a brochure from IRCC or an approved guidelines, but I've used it for about 5 people successfully, without any rejection, including my humble self (twice)

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Arctic21: 4:10am On Feb 11, 2023
Cape Breton University is one of the Universities in a beautiful, but some town in Nova Scotia. The institution has its highest intake of students in 2022-2023 academic session, with Indians accounting for about 75-80% of the intakes. The facilities are have been overstretched and most of the classes are taken in theaters outside the school facilities. Accommodation is very expensive because of demand side is higher than supply. Job opportunities are rare to come by.

However you can consider St. Mary's University in Halifax. It is a working distance to Dalhousie University, one of the top universities in Canada.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Donteddy1: 6:16am On Feb 11, 2023
I think I have something to share with you people. I got admission to study business in one of the school in Canada. With help of my account officer my form A was processed from Oct21 2022 and completed January 8 2023 and I received my LOA. So the journey begins. For visa application the following documents were submitted.
1. LOA
2. SOP
3. Bank statement of 7.5M
4. 6 months Payslip
7.My building survey plan
8. Land documents
9. Recommendation letter from my organization ( I work with on of INGO in the north east)
10.pension statement
11. Letter of employment
12. Letter of employment confirmation.
13. Marriage certificate
Application date: January 16th 2023
Biometric date: January 23rd 2023.
Medical request: February 7th 2023.
So I just booked appointment with IOM for 15th February 2023. I will update you guys as it goes later.
My school resumed May 2023. I hope to have completed the process before then.
Good luck to all JAPARIANS

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sambless2013: 6:23am On Feb 11, 2023
God did it.

First application June 25 2022 (Agent)
Refusal September 28 2022
Reason : Insufficient fund

Second application November 16 2022 (self)
Medical update January 16 2023
PPR February 9, 2023

My song.... There is nothing you cannot do Protocol breaker, there is nothing you cannot do Jehova overdo...
I have tasted of your love, I have seen your mighty work, mountain mover, Jehova Oyioma nne memo.. ( sorry I'm not igbo)

Goodluck to everyone.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oluwaloniglory7: 7:12am On Feb 11, 2023
Bullstriker please kindly help me with schools in Canada, I have OND and HND in accounting but currently working as a Project Manager, I don’t know which program I can apply for ? academic progression or career progression.

Please can you assist me to apply for schools in Canada .

bullstriker:

Postgraduate Certificate
Fanshawe College
Tuition
$16,379.00 CAD

Postgraduate Certificate
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Tuition
$16,100.00 CAD

Postgraduate Certificate
Conestoga College - Doon
Tuition
$18,800.00 CAD

Postgraduate Diploma
Tuition
$19,101.00 CAD

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Heritagebib: 7:19am On Feb 11, 2023
Thank you sooooo much for bringing up a suggestion of courses I should look into.
Let me read about the courses and decide which one to choose.
Thank God today is Saturday, I have ample time to read with interruption.
Once again, thank you. Brb

bullstriker:

Postgraduate Certificate
Fanshawe College
Tuition
$16,379.00 CAD

Postgraduate Certificate
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Tuition
$16,100.00 CAD

Postgraduate Certificate
Conestoga College - Doon
Tuition
$18,800.00 CAD

Postgraduate Diploma
Tuition
$19,101.00 CAD

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by segzyndpep(m): 7:31am On Feb 11, 2023
Guest911:

The family wealth is not just proof of funds it's also proof of economic home ties.

In terms of home ties, why would you or your wife return to Nigeria?

Since you're both on temp visas in the UK. You need to show proof that your Nigeria company has a lot going for it and its something you're coming back to continue.

You will need to describe how your wife is supporting the business remotely and how getting her degree in Canada will further help execute her responsibilities.

But you mentioned that she's been working for over a year, is it full time? And is this on a post graduate work permit?

Thank you for your detailed advice. Yes we both on post graduate work visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by segzyndpep(m): 7:34am On Feb 11, 2023
Arctic21:

Hi Nairaland family 👪. I'm new hew in terms of contributing, but old in followership. I've benefited immensely. That said. I'm willing to guide you in writing a structured and strong SOP. Some of the tips that will guide you include the following

2. The admission details- e.g. institution, commencement/completion dates, location in Canada, tuition, DLI, student number etc
7. Travel History
8. Other information
9. Conclusion

Please note that this is note a brochure from IRCC or an approved guidelines, but I've used it for about 5 people successfully, without any rejection, including my humble self (twice)

Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chidinma54055: 7:57am On Feb 11, 2023
Hello, please how can I contact you, I really need your help
Arctic21:

7. Travel History
8. Other information
9. Conclusion

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mikhaelstar: 8:03am On Feb 11, 2023
Good day nairalanders, I just got my LOA to a college in canada. I need help with comprehensive list of document for IRCC application. I'm just starting my journey and i hope to be successful. Thank for the help in advance.
I also wanted to know of police record certificate is very neccessary.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Seyitorl2: 8:27am On Feb 11, 2023
Good morning family. Please can I start a new application without my old login details.

I used an agent in Canada and he hasn't responded to my request to give me my login details.
Or how can I go about this? Time is ticking.. Please I need your contribution.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by danowena: 8:42am On Feb 11, 2023
cheesy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GloriaBekee: 8:45am On Feb 11, 2023
Please is there any school or schools that waive application fee presently,, please elp ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OLAMINREWA(m): 9:16am On Feb 11, 2023
Ikay3502:
Ohh.. ok. Well I simply wanted a direct and quicker response/communication since we're both going to Conestoga.. u know how it is when you're stucked at a certain place and u need a quick response, but there's no one to answer swiftly.. anyways, I just got admission to Conestoga and I was giving untill March to make a tution deposit. So I read in your timeline how u paid your tution deposit the next day(from your Ppr testimony), hence I need help paying mine too..

Hello Okay... I guessed this was directed to me.

I made the payment through UBA Dollar card. I got a dollar card from UBA at $4 then loaded with with enough funds (US dolly) to at least cover the $1500 cad tuition deposit. It was a direct transay, nothing serious about it. As simple as paying with your normal cards online. The school received and acknowledged the payment in 2 days.

GoodLuck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Youthmaster1: 9:32am On Feb 11, 2023
Submitted on 31st of October but still waiting 😪.. is there anyone waiting for that long here ? The waiting is not easy but praying for positive results.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 9:50am On Feb 11, 2023
Yes, you can
segzyndpep:

Please can i Dm you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 9:54am On Feb 11, 2023
I can help apply for a program in Project Management.
Oluwaloniglory7:
Bullstriker please kindly help me with schools in Canada, I have OND and HND in accounting but currently working as a Project Manager, I don’t know which program I can apply for ? academic progression or career progression.

Please can you assist me to apply for schools in Canada .

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Youthmaster1: 10:38am On Feb 11, 2023
segzyndpep:

Please can i Dm you?
Yes you can.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Amyamyamy: 10:49am On Feb 11, 2023
I would like to know if holland college is a red flag with ircc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bigboy75: 10:56am On Feb 11, 2023
Please how long did it take you to get the Cape Breton offer? How many weeks?
Asekzz:
I was given admission in cape Briton application submitted since Dec 12.i have 3 friends that got visa through that school.pls let's be careful if you are condemning a particular school pls give reasons...The only issue I knw Abt that school is just accomodation issues...tnx.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Amyamyamy: 11:00am On Feb 11, 2023
Is there any group for Prince Edward Island or holland college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Asekzz: 11:12am On Feb 11, 2023
3 weeks for cape breton uni I paid 80 Canadian dollar for admission... unconditional offer..post bacaullaret diploma in business management..have submitted since Dec 12 just waiting 4 baba God to do miracle...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Emryyy: 11:14am On Feb 11, 2023
Good Afternoon Everyone, please how do I request for GCMS?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Toceen2022: 11:19am On Feb 11, 2023
enemerci:
Please for those already in canada. Can a family of 4 ( father, mother, daughter5yrs and son 3yrs) rent a one bedroom apartment. Is there a law that governs these things
It solely depends on your province and landlord... But in many provinces, one bedroom is for family of 3 at most, but if the apartment has a den some use it as a room for family of 4.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) (828) (829) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.