Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,481 members, 7,819,753 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (823) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1225482 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (820) (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) (826) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OLAMINREWA(m): 8:32am On Feb 10, 2023
emmyoddy:

Congrats on your PPR sir.
Please how did you submit your uber or bolt account? Screenshot ot how?

Yes screenshot for 6 consecutive months..... See sample attached....

GL

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by adefunkeadelaku(f): 8:38am On Feb 10, 2023
Gurus, pls help me ooo, when reapplying do I have to start a new application? Of is their a way I can use the previous application and all its contents, its only my sop I want to change. Then this ircc forms, am I to print it out, fill it with ink and now scan and upload. Pls I want to reapply my self, I used agent the first time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OLAMINREWA(m): 8:44am On Feb 10, 2023
Ikay3502:
@ OLAMINREWa Good day, and congrats to you on your PPR..pls. Accept my mail, I have few questions for you.. thanks

I have been having "Failure Notice" on that account each time I try to reach back to Nairalanders..... You can ask your questions here so others too can benefit from the responses...

GL
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by alphabbey1(m): 9:27am On Feb 10, 2023
When does proof of fund start to count ?
I do lots of transaction in my bank account, real lot, but I don't leave large sum in my naira account, I leave It in chinese currency. Now, I put the lump sum into my naira account in January 9, it has been there untochable since then...
My school will resume in August 28th.
When is the ideal time to start visa processing ?...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by don4real: 9:31am On Feb 10, 2023
April ending too[quote author=sunkyrazzy post=12077738

Not booked flight yet but looking towards April ending, you?[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by samefiok(m): 9:37am On Feb 10, 2023
OLAMINREWA:

Yes screenshot for 6 consecutive months..... See sample attached....

GL

I just dey wonder šŸ¤” šŸ˜‚ what if person use bolt raise him POF and also use Bolt earnings when VO ask for source of funds if na red flag šŸ˜†,boss is your program Msc?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CaptSolitude: 9:39am On Feb 10, 2023
Hello All,

Do I have to make any payment while submitting passport to VFS?
The passport is being sent to the same location used for biometrics.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by beccadamilola(f): 9:40am On Feb 10, 2023
alphabbey1:
When does proof of fund start to count ?
I do lots of transaction in my bank account, real lot, but I don't leave large sum in my naira account, I leave It in chinese currency. Now, I put the lump sum into my naira account in January 9, it has been there untochable since then...
My school will resume in August 28th.
When is the ideal time to start visa processing ?...

Start your processing as soon as possible the time it will take IRCC to process visa is unpredictable
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by alphabbey1(m): 9:42am On Feb 10, 2023
beccadamilola:

Start your processing as soon as possible the time it will take IRCC to process visa is unpredictable
what of the 4 months bank statement needed. My concen is, its on January 9 I put the lump sum into the account....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OLAMINREWA(m): 9:46am On Feb 10, 2023
samefiok:

I just dey wonder šŸ¤” šŸ˜‚ what if person use bolt raise him POF and also use Bolt earnings when VO ask for source of funds if na red flag šŸ˜†,boss is your program Msc?

Of course you can claim bolt as POF especially if you drive in LAG or ABJ with bigger returns...Just ensure that passengers transfer to your account and write bolt fare in their narrations. Also ensure you write BOLT COMMISSION in your own narration anytime you are sending money to bolt.

My program na PGC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 9:48am On Feb 10, 2023
Ridwan1310:
Hi ma. My name is Olamilekan and my phone number is +2348061604563. I applied and got admission offer into a college in Canada . I paid my tuition fee and the school send mail that I can proceed to apply for my Visa . My school resume in September 5th 2023.
Please I do not know the next step. Can you be kind to put me through on next step . Thank you in advance
Read page one of the thread as it has all the required information then read through the thread and see the experiences of others
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OLAMINREWA(m): 9:55am On Feb 10, 2023
JDB55:
Ok, thank you. And someone said it's her maiden name cos her valid ID I'll be submitting bears her maiden name that's why i had to ask.

Has she sworn an affidavit for change of name from her maiden name to yours? If she has done that, then her family name is your name...her documents carrying her maiden name are still valid. But if she has not sworn affidavit, then her family name is is still her father's name. You have not answered if she has affidavit or not.

GL
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by samefiok(m): 10:01am On Feb 10, 2023
OLAMINREWA:

Of course you can claim bolt as POF especially if you drive in LAG or ABJ with bigger returns...Just ensure that passengers transfer to your account and write bolt fare in their narrations. Also ensure you write BOLT COMMISSION in your own narration anytime you are sending money to bolt.

My program na PGC

Oh okay Boss,šŸ™
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chrisoo(m): 10:36am On Feb 10, 2023
Guys, Please does anyone have a referral code for Connestoga College? Trying to help a brother gain admission there via OCAS and I am being asked for referral code/Coupon. Is this a waiver for application fees?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ikay3502(m): 10:41am On Feb 10, 2023
Hello sauce
Which school is that?? Cos I most recently gained admission to congestoga September intake, so I'll need all the help I could get..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 10:44am On Feb 10, 2023
When an application "eligibility review" takes longer than a week or 2 does this mean the application will be rejected?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ogidigan1: 11:21am On Feb 10, 2023
PPR ALERT!!! (Long post)
MY PROFILE:
I am a 40-year old self-sponsored applicant.
Over 12 years experience in oil & gas engineering.
Sources of fund: Full time employment in oil and gas engineering + Private business + Real estate.
I applied alone (used immediate family members as home ties).
Other home ties: Study leave approval + landed property and buildings + personal business + cars + pension.
Travel history : 3 African countries + 1 middle east country.
DLI: Uottawa (Masters prog).
Study plan: career advancement from Snr. Engineer to Engineering manager (Note: my 1st degree was in engineering).
1st APPLICATION:
1st application submitted June 13th 2022.
Biometrics: June 16th 2022.
Upfront medicals: July 29th , 2022.
POF: $48,000CAD in personal savings account + Paid 1st year full tuition of $19,000 CAD and 10,000CAD GIC.
1st application refused 19th Oct 2022.
Ordered CBSA and GCMS notes: 25th October 2022.
Refusal reasons: (1.) Insufficient documentation for source of funds as earnings were not commensurate with declared savings. (2.) proposed study not a reasonable expense given the high cost of intl studies and funds available.
2nd APPLICATION:
2nd application submitted 1st Dec 2022.
POF: $71,000CAD in personal savings account + Paid 1st year full tuition of $19,000 CAD and 10,000CAD GIC.
HOW I ADDRESSED MY PREVIOUS REFUSAL: Honestly, the VO was correct about the fact that my monthly earnings were not commensurate with savings shown in my account. This was because a lump sum payment for a property sold in 2020 was made into my bank account (over N10m). I attached an excerpt of bank statement showing the transaction date, deed of transfer and land survey docs. I also attached some copies of my previous pay slips and excerpts of bank statement showing salaries and benefits from my previous employers. I also explained my company's plan for expansion and how some employees (including me) have been lined-up for impending management positions. I explained how my salary would triple when I eventually clinch the management opportunity.
GHOST UPDATES: 20th January 2023, 24th January 2023 and 1st February 2023.
Eligibility review started 20th Jan 2023.
Medical passed Feb 8th 2023.
PPR DROPPED FEB 8TH 2023.
DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED (2ND APPLICATION):
LOE (2 pages only) (Straight to the point)
Previous and current job offer letters.
Previous and current payslips and excerpts of bank statements showing some previous and current salaries shown on attached payslips.
Deed of transfer showing landed property sold for NGN15m to a client.
Business registration docs.
Business premises photos.
Family pics.
Wedding pics.
birth certs.
Our intl passports.
Study leave approval letter.
B.eng cert and transcript.
Updated LOA.
Police character cert.
Stamped copies of old passports.
Scanned copies of bank statements + MBS.
Stanbic IBTC Pension reference letter showing pension of over 10m.
Vehicle documents and pics worth N8m and N5.5m.
Pics of buildings and deed of transfer for landed property.

I do not want to bore you with too many stories. However, these were the main documents submitted during my application.

SP application nor be by muscle...Na baba God get power...if you like do all the packaging in the world, if it's not your turn, it's not your turn.

But don't forget, visa officers always want to see the following items:

1. Good home ties (e.g wife, children, siblings, parents, personal business, landed property, study leave approval letter etc.).

2. Sufficient and available funding (not fixed deposit or pension).

3. Show sufficient documentation for source of fund.

4. Good study plan. 1 or 2 page SOP/LOE. Explain the benefits of proposed program. Explain why paying the cost of proposed program would be a reasonable expense considering the high cost of intl studies. Show career progression. Get a good convincing story.

5. Straight fwd application.

6. Pay 1st year full tuition (it will boost your chances). Ensure the total amount of money required to complete the proposed program is readily available (plus some extra money).
Finally, I sincerely wish to thank everyone for their contributions on this thread.
Dear Uottawa Fall 2023 folks, pls lets connect.

All glory be to God! See you'all in Canada.

26 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JDB55(m): 12:03pm On Feb 10, 2023
If one is going as a self-employed and you actually own and run the business yourself, is it true that you need to be paying yourself salary every month, like you need to show proof that you've been paying yourself.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Habeebboy: 12:45pm On Feb 10, 2023
Good day. Please for canada statement of account, will I upload statement by my self of it is the bank that will send the statement directly to embassy? Its first bank account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 0905babatee(m): 12:54pm On Feb 10, 2023
Please what do i need to take along for passport collection at lagos VFS?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by alphabbey1(m): 1:07pm On Feb 10, 2023
For Form A
What can I put here to replace Iban number
Canada does not use Iban number and tradesystem is requiring it

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Army2022: 1:21pm On Feb 10, 2023
Congratulations ones again. This is worth saving for reference
OLAMINREWA:
It's PPPPRRRR........

Fasten your belt please, its a long shot and I believe this would encourage few people here....

Timeline

Application to Conestoga in November 2022, against Fall intake 2023. Got the LOA in 2 weeks

Program - Occupational health safety and wellness
Duration - 1 year

I have HND in computer science and I presently work as aircraft firefighter (Pana Pana is going to Canada). I could remember coming here to seek for advice on my best bet and @lekibobo, @makano, @justmellow and @omiinii all advised that I stand a better chance going with anything related to my job. Lekibobo specifically mentioned OHSW at Conestoga. That was just all I needed to fire the shot.

I paid for my tuition deposit of 1500 cad same day I got the LOA using Aboki Dollar and tidied all my documents accordingly.

Visa application submitted - 20/12/2022
Upfront medical - 05/01/2023
Biometric done - 06/01/2023... Updated same day
Medical request - 31/01/2023
Medical updated -03/02/2023 after sending it through mail and webform
Correspondence - 07/02/2023
Passport request - 07/02/2023

Documents submitted

Client information

Using a table of contents
Letter of explanation
Resume
Birth certificate (38)
Affidavit of name confirmation
ID cards (voter's card, National ID, drivers license, volunteering ID)
Primary school certificate
Secondary school certificate
Neco result and scratch card
ND certificate
HND certificate
HND transcript (student copy) (No NYSC - I did part-time ND & HND)
Previous annual Leave approvals from work
Church recommendation letter
Previous place of work Letter of Appointment & pictures
Spouse birth certificate
Spouse NIMC
Spouse Affidavit for change of name
Spouse letter of moral support
Engagement pictures
Marriage pictures (2017)
Marriage certificate
Newspaper publication
Pictures form office (I'm a public servant)
Children birthday certificate (2 children)
Children NIMC
Naming and dedication pictures
Family pictures
Volunteering pictures
Affidavit of return
Utility bill

Proof of means of financial support
Table of contents

Tuition deposit receipt (1500 cad) flywire
Tuition deposit confirmation from school
My MBS (zenith bank - 12 months)
Bank reference letter
Co-operative reference letter (Na there I collect money....8 million)
Affidavit of loan repayment
Offer of appointment ( my office)
Confirmation of appointment
Promotion letter (I have only been promoted once)
Pay slips 5 (months)
Bond letter
Employer letter of Paid Leave Approval
Employer Introduction Letter
PFA certificate/SOA (I have about 1 million there)
PFA reference letter
Car documents (Corolla 04)
Spousal letter of appointment (na teacher)
Spousal MBS
Spousal bank reference letter
Spousal official pictures
Letter of financial support (a friend)
Bolt earnings and bolt financial transactions documents.

Let me mention that I did not include Police character certificate, land documents or other property documents because I do not have any of those things. It is true that 2 applications cannot be the same, sometimes too much of documents even can get Visa Officers confused. The above listed documents were all I submitted. It is good to read people's TL to be encouraged but some TL will get you intimidated and confused. My application was a self- sponsored. And all I submitted as POF was 10.4m

I am a first time applicant and I have never traveled out of Nigeria before. I never enter plane before self despite the fact that I work at the airport until last month that I went for medical and biometric. Travel history is not a criteria.

The total of my tuition for the 1 year is about 20,000 cad + 10,000 cad living expenses+ 3000 cad miscellaneous.

How I addressed POF.

My salary is around 100k. I knew for sure that it is too little to present as monthly earnings. what I did was to use all the 1.7m I had in 2021 to buy Toyota Corolla. I planned running bolt with it for a good 1 year before submitting my application. I explained that I drive my car on bolt platform on part-time basis anytime am off duty. Each month I make sure i make over 100k net profit from bolt. I submitted 12 months MBS to show that I truly make such money from bolt. I collected a loan of 8m from a co-op society, collected 2m from a friend because I knew the 8m won't be enough to show as POF. I wrote in the LOE that this my friend was a long time friend (classmate) which was true. He had sent money to me (vice versa) severally in 2022. I also showed pictures of us together in 3 different occasions (in school,at my engagement and at a function) and also included his international passport. Someone in Canada even advised that I should not include him that nobody gives anyone such money in Canada, that even parents don't give their children money. But I had no other story to cook because the money had already been sent to my account. I also made sure I paid 1m into my spouse account to augment her salary for her and the children's upkeep so the VO will believe that nobody go press my neck for money in Canada. In my LOE, I also mentioned that while I would be away, there is an arrangement on ground to employ a driver that will drive my car on a FULL TIME basis with weekly remittance of #30,000 to my account and to be managed by my spouse. The weekly 30k + my monthly salary+ other annual benefits from my employer resulted to additional 3m+ (about 10k cad)

How I addressed hometie

Apart from the fact that my family (spouse and children) and job are strong home tie. I became a volunteer with Red cross society of Nigeria just for the purpose of ID card and pictures, and I got that. I also collected a letter from my church. You can buy a pet (šŸ¶, šŸ±, šŸ¦, chicken šŸ”) and add it to yours as hometie in your application. Include their vetinary cards and other documents.

Please note, keep your application as simple as possible, no allow NL use TL press your neck. Submit your application as early as possible so you can have peace of mind, and plan your departure well. All the experience I have today was gotten from here because I have been following since 2020. I also handled a friend's application last year. Submitted application Aug 16, 2022 and PPr Dec 26, 2022.... In all one cannot rule out the importance of prayers. I read here where people engage in different and lengthy spiritual practices. I also prayed and fasted for just 3 days and God got involved.

Submit your pending applications now......

I pray that God will come through for as much as many applications this year, especially those ones that that overdue/overstayed for a decision.

I'm available to answer questions hear....if you come to my TL for private engagement or documents, na billing ooooo.... Looking for Raba noww

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by adefunkeadelaku(f): 1:29pm On Feb 10, 2023
Thanks ma, pls at the section where they wrote clients information, which documentsam i to upload
Molajim:

You are much welcome. I am a woman o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 1:34pm On Feb 10, 2023
Habeebboy:
Good day. Please for canada statement of account, will I upload statement by my self of it is the bank that will send the statement directly to embassy? Its first bank account
Go to any first bank branch and ask for MBS
You have to pay 1k
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Habeebboy: 1:39pm On Feb 10, 2023
chithec:

Go to any first bank branch and ask for MBS
You have to pay 1k

Ok thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bolyboy: 1:39pm On Feb 10, 2023
To all the Gurus in the house ,
I submitted my passport with Lagos vfs where I did my biometric since 23rd of December and Iā€™m yet to receive it back anytime I track it always shows under processing and I went to vfs to check if is there was told my passport still at the embassy for processing, in situation like this should I keep hoping or is there email to contact anyone with useful information.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by emmyoddy: 1:48pm On Feb 10, 2023
don4real:
Yes as far the church got it from the registry. I used the church certificate for my application

It is the church own certificate. Not related to registry. Methodist Church of Nigerian certificate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Elfortunato: 1:58pm On Feb 10, 2023
I am seriously beginning to get anxious and worried for my study permit application.

Application received by IRCC: December 13
Biometrics completed : December 16
Review of upfront Medical passed : January 04

It's already almost 2months and no word from IRCC asides the normal "we are processing your application...". Meanwhile people that applied even in January are already getting PPR all around. Is there anybody in this same category? Please Gurus in the house. How can I know what is causing this delay? Help!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by don4real: 2:10pm On Feb 10, 2023
No, it's from the registry
emmyoddy:

It is the church own certificate. Not related to registry. Methodist Church of Nigerian certificate.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by emmyoddy: 2:12pm On Feb 10, 2023
Ucy12:

Hi!
Church marriage certificate may normally not be acceptable for such administrative purposes. I advise you go to the registry and make enquiries. Explain the situation and see if there's an option. If there's a possibility of getting you both married in court, but using the date on your church marriage certificate, that'll be pretty good for you.
Just go explain and ask if the

above BOLDEN is possible.

All the best!
Ucy.

Thanks bro. I will do the needful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 2:14pm On Feb 10, 2023
[quote author=

(1) (2) (3) ... (820) (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) (826) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.