Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,688 members, 7,831,129 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1240655 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ladydami(f): 10:56pm On Aug 15, 2022
Creativebelle:
https:///G1aqotPBvRzKKOKuIyaTxW use the link for Humber students

It’s not working
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Princeofabia: 11:17pm On Aug 15, 2022
Immacbaby:
Good evening everyone. I have been a silent reader and I must say nairaland is indeed helpful.
I applied for my study permit visa on the 8th of June 2022 and got a passport request today.
Thanks to you all for your great contributions in this forum.
To God be the glory.

Below is my timeline...
Ist Time Applicant
Academic documents:
My Barchelors Degree Certificate
My National Youth Service Corps Certificate
My Acceptance Letter

Passport and proof of identification documents:
My Data Page of Federal Republic of Nigeria
International Passport
My Birth Certificate
My Local Government Identification Letter
My Police Character Certificate
My National Identity Card

Proof of means of financial support:
Letter of Sponsorship from My Father
Notarized Affidavit of Support
Payment Receipt for the First Semester
Tuition
My Father (Sponsor) Six Months Bank
Statement
Confirmation of Account Signature
Reference Letter from the Bank
Business Registration Certificates

Additional documents
Letter of Business Commitment from my
Father
Notarized Affidavit of Business Commitment
Siblings and Parents Birth Certificates
Pictures With My Siblings and Parents (old
and new)
Reference Letter From The Two Ministries I
Worked With
Recommendation Letter From My
Community
Notarized Affidavit of Good Conduct.
Notarized Affidavit of Return
I wish all who are waiting for their ppr success in Jesus name! Amen!!
Congratulations ♥️...We are celebrating our PPRs this week

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hillary4003: 11:21pm On Aug 15, 2022
please is it possible to send my passport to abuja for stamping when i reside and did my biometrics in lagos? i understand abuja is faster.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Princeofabia: 11:25pm On Aug 15, 2022
bayolino:
Visa Alert!!! Alhamdulilah! Alhamdulilah!! Alamdulilah Robil'Alameen.

Then which of the favours of the lord will I deny?? Absolutely none!
I will start by saying the Quran verse which is my usual prayer - Quran (40 verse 44) وَأُفَوِّضُ أَمْرِىٓ إِلَى ٱللَّهِ ۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ بَصِيرٌۢ بِٱلْعِبَادِ ٤٤... "Soon you shall remember what I say to you. I entrust my affairs to Allah. Surely Allah is watchful over His servants"

Gracias!

Great News Bro!!! Go and excel in Canada

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bblight: 11:30pm On Aug 15, 2022
bullstriker:
Send them a web form and carry a copy when you come to Canada.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/clientcontact/en/application
Thanks very much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HouseRavenclaw: 11:38pm On Aug 15, 2022
ProblemChild1:
So oo, nobody fit answer just this question wey i ask. And una say una dey help people. I have been asking this question for days now and no one seems to answer just this question. Una sure say i dey the right thread so. Who even dey sure say any of una dey Canada or know anything about Canada universities or Colleges. Na to just dey post post nonsense una sabi.

What kind of entitled behavior is this? Did you quote or tag any of the gurus? This forum has hundreds of people looking for answers themselves. None of us are on your payroll and we don’t owe you any answers.

We help each other here because of goodwill and a shared goal. If you need help, look for specific gurus and tag them. Look up your issue in the search section and see if someone has asked it before. There are 21 other threads for Canadian study permits.

You can’t just throw tantrums like a spoiled brat. If all we do is “talk rubbish”, why are you demanding our assistance? And who will want to help after reading this?

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HouseRavenclaw: 11:40pm On Aug 15, 2022
bullstriker:
I know it can be frustrating when people get an answer to their question, and you don’t; being disrespectful will discourage people from answering your question. So why don’t you ask nicely? Moreover, not everyone gets an answer to their question.
I don’t know any school that accepts NABTEB, but if you state your intended program, I can check for you.

You’re a very wonderful person. I could never waste my time or efforts on a person like that.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HouseRavenclaw: 11:47pm On Aug 15, 2022
ProblemChild1:
You should also work on your attitude so that you can go far. I asked a simple question. If you don’t have anything to say then keep quiet.

You’re a very unhinged individual. Most questions in this forum will go unanswered. That’s just what happens when there’s many people navigating a small platform. If you’re truly determined, you would’ve looked up “Nabteb” in the search bar, visited past threads or emailed any guru you noticed helping others.

You’re not just lazy. You’re repugnantly entitled. Who came to this world to spoonfeed you study permit information? And after being cautioned for your unnecessary outburst, you told people to go f themselves. Shame on you.

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Harpaa(m): 11:53pm On Aug 15, 2022
MJ1000:
Please has anyone sent passport recently , what was the process? and how much is the current fee.

I submitted to Abuja on Wednesday but did biometric in Lagos paid #9410 to sterling bank and attached the teller to my document which was delivered to Abuja VFS on Thursday, passport was stamped on Friday and was dispatched same Friday and delivered to my home address today. I paid #18,425 to DHL for a two way delivery.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hillary4003: 11:58pm On Aug 15, 2022
please can i know which dhl office you used?
Harpaa:

I submitted to Abuja on Wednesday but did biometric in Lagos paid #9410 to sterling bank and attached the teller to my document which was delivered to Abuja VFS on Thursday, passport was stamped on Friday and was dispatched same Friday and delivered to my home address today. I paid #18,425 to DHL for a two way delivery.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Harpaa(m): 12:04am On Aug 16, 2022
hillary4003:
please can i know which dhl office you used?

Allen avenue IKEJA before Oshopey plaza

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fehgur: 12:08am On Aug 16, 2022
Fehgur:
Good evening guys!
I finally got an update from my agent today. Turns out despite getting my biometrics done since April it wasn’t updated on my profile till July. My questions are;

1. Is it my agent that was supposed to update and failed to do so on time or it’s IRCC that’s suppose to update it?

2. It shows “ We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility
requirements” does this mean my eligibility review has started?

3. Does my 12weeks processing time starts when I submit my application or after my biometrics it received?

I’d really appreciate a response from the gurus in the house.

@bullstriker boss if it’s not a bother, I’ll really appreciate a response to these questions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Hanzat: 12:10am On Aug 16, 2022
I have asked the realtor to give me the info, when I have it, I will post it on the forum.
Electroweb:

Thanks for the response.
Please from your experience, what are the documents usually requested by the Realtor or owner of the property?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hillary4003: 12:25am On Aug 16, 2022
thank you
Harpaa:

Allen avenue IKEJA before Oshopey plaza
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Aboki1859(m): 12:36am On Aug 16, 2022
@makano and other gurus in the house

Application submitted 1st June, 2022 with upfront medical
Medical passed 15th July, 2022
Biometry completed 15th, August 2022
No update on eligibility
What is going on?
I have send mails to all the MPs but no one replied.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Victoriousbabe2: 12:38am On Aug 16, 2022
ibaka:
You can travel alone or with your kids but going with the kids will require proving very strong home ties ( family ,business,assets etc) but that will be much later after you have processed your school admission which takes an average of 1 to 6 months depending on the school.

I will advise a course either related to Economics or Business and masters level or post graduate certificate depending on your GPA .

The first thing you need is an unofficial copy of your transcript to apply for any admission so go about that first.

You will also need to decide on the course and province you want to go to while preparing your funds to show financial capability. It is best not to use a company account as proof of funds and remember to explain that funds wil be generated by the company while you are away so someone has to be managing it.

You can also get a sponsor for your studies just remember to establish a strong relationship to justify a 3rd party investing that kind of money on you .

Age does not mean as you can study at any age just explain your study gap and your CV can do justice to that.

Wow thanks for the insight, I was thinking my company's account will do for the bank statement. Okay. I ll start working on getting my transcript.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 12:43am On Aug 16, 2022
1. It's IRCC that is supposed to update it. Most times, biometrics is updated the same day, but these days due to technical issues, they are not updated on time.
2. It is possible, but only the GCMS note can give you the correct progress.
3. It starts counting from the time of submission. However, IRCC cannot process your application without biometrics.
Fehgur:

@bullstriker boss if it’s not a bother, I’ll really appreciate a response to these questions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 12:54am On Aug 16, 2022
Thank you. Indeed, the person was very rude. Although I don’t condone such behaviour, I felt the person might be going through some difficult times. So, the disrespectful post might have nothing to do with the unanswered question.

HouseRavenclaw:

You’re a very wonderful person. I could never waste my time or efforts on a person like that.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fehgur: 12:58am On Aug 16, 2022
bullstriker:
1. It's IRCC that is supposed to update it. Most times, biometrics is updated the same day, but these days due to technical issues, they are not updated on time.
2. It is possible, but only the GCMS note can give you the correct progress.
3. It starts counting from the time of submission. However, IRCC cannot process your application without biometrics.

Thank you for your response.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 12:59am On Aug 16, 2022
Yes, it is possible but you must pay a transmission fee of #9410.
Pay the transmission fee to:
Canada Logistics Collection Account
Sterling Bank Plc
Please confirm the account and amount by calling VFS or on their website.
You can use any DHL branch; there's no specific DHL branch for submission.
hillary4003:
please is it possible to send my passport to abuja for stamping when i reside and did my biometrics in lagos? i understand abuja is faster.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ayzone: 1:05am On Aug 16, 2022
Airline tickets are on the high side, fair prices i saw are on the day of resumption. Whats the implication of resuming late pls

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 1:10am On Aug 16, 2022
If you renewed your passport, a copy of the old one and a letter of explanation would suffice.
danielak1:
Hello good evening everyone, please is it possible to submit a different passport for ppr from the one used to apply for the student visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by padie77: 1:10am On Aug 16, 2022
Please how long did it take Sterling bank to process your CBN form A request and debit your account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Hanzat: 1:18am On Aug 16, 2022
Below is the information gotten from the realtor;

They will submit the following:

Copy of passport data page
Copy of student visa
Current statement of acct
For more enquires on acxomodation and shared apartments for students: Call

Oluseyi Ajetomobi
Licensed Realtor

Electroweb:

Thanks for the response.
Please from your experience, what are the documents usually requested by the Realtor or owner of the property?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 1:27am On Aug 16, 2022
Jamesbeccarh:
Please do we have any MUN student here or any platform for Memorial University?

Yes and Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 1:32am On Aug 16, 2022
Immacbaby:
Good evening everyone. I have been a silent reader and I must say nairaland is indeed helpful.
I applied for my study permit visa on the 8th of June 2022 and got a passport request today.
Thanks to you all for your great contributions in this forum.
To God be the glory.

Below is my timeline...
Ist Time Applicant
Academic documents:
My Barchelors Degree Certificate
My National Youth Service Corps Certificate
My Acceptance Letter

Passport and proof of identification documents:
My Data Page of Federal Republic of Nigeria
International Passport
My Birth Certificate
My Local Government Identification Letter
My Police Character Certificate
My National Identity Card

Proof of means of financial support:
Letter of Sponsorship from My Father
Notarized Affidavit of Support
Payment Receipt for the First Semester
Tuition
My Father (Sponsor) Six Months Bank
Statement
Confirmation of Account Signature
Reference Letter from the Bank
Business Registration Certificates

Additional documents
Letter of Business Commitment from my
Father
Notarized Affidavit of Business Commitment
Siblings and Parents Birth Certificates
Pictures With My Siblings and Parents (old
and new)
Reference Letter From The Two Ministries I
Worked With
Recommendation Letter From My
Community
Notarized Affidavit of Good Conduct.
Notarized Affidavit of Return
I wish all who are waiting for their ppr success in Jesus name! Amen!!

Congratulations... this is good news
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 1:34am On Aug 16, 2022
bayolino:

I will start by saying the Quran verse which is my usual prayer - Quran (40 verse 44) وَأُفَوِّضُ أَمْرِىٓ إِلَى ٱللَّهِ ۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ بَصِيرٌۢ بِٱلْعِبَادِ ٤٤... "Soon you shall remember what I say to you. I entrust my affairs to Allah. Surely Allah is watchful over His servants"

1st Application - Gckey - Self sponsored
Submitted Application- 8th October 2021
Biometric-13th October 2021
No any update
Refusal- 26th November 2021 - Reason ( Purpose of visit and Travel history)...... I just moved on and refired.
PGD- 2 Years diploma - Business Management.

Ordered GCMS Notes - (Applicant already have the skills his seeking for and already working in that field 2. Applicant prior travel is insufficient to count as a significant factor) have been to Germany and one unused German visa with other African countries

2nd Application- New porta -l Self sponsored
Submitted Application- 10th May 2022
Medicals - not updated
No single Update for over 12 weeks.
Eligibility review - 10th August 2022.
BVL and PPR - 15th August 2022. Alhamdulilahi
2years Masters

No single Update for over 12 weeks. after this days I started sending mails every 2 days and a good Muslim friend that I met on this forum God bless him for me, he has been helping since last year with lot of encouragement and guides, for like 3 months we haven't chatted my mind just say I should chat him ooo and give him update on my application. I told him I haven't gotten any single update on my application since I submitted and this already over 12weeks, and I have also sent series of mails and contacted my MP........The next thing he said I should continue sending mails. and he also said he will other my Gcms notes for me free and his going to use his card to pay.. I was like wow.....God bless you boss and may Almighty Allah perfect everything that concerns you. we did all these on 9th Aug. The next day early morning at 5.30 Sent another mail and this time I ensure my subject is eyes catching, then, I prayed morning prayer after. May be these 2 things triggered my application who knows.. Since I was tired of checking.. I checked in the afternoon just saw Eligibility has started I just continue with my usual prayer ooo and here today 15th Aug PPR.

Document submitted:
Letter of explanation (7pages). I didn't even give any second eyes....lol
Tuition receipt paid 9500CAD- First semester
MBS 8 months with (351m inflow and 340m outflow) Over 200pages
Bank reference letter
Fixed deposit certificates
Pension statement.
Current Employment documents ( Offer letter, payslip, Intro letter, Tax, NHF and confirmation letter)
Previous employment ( Offer letter and promotion letter)
Bsc Certifcate & Transcript
Diploma cert & Transcript
WES
IELTS
other Work Certifications.
CAC documents (owned one company)
Company tax document
Land Property
2 cars documents
my drivers license
Marriage certificate
Children birth certificates (2)
Children Intl Passport Data page
Kids Savings account for both of them- we have monthly standing order going to their account.
Spouse Work ID
Spouse Birth cert and Intl data page
Family Pictures
Police Clearance
Covid19 Vaccine card

What I did differently, I changed my school and my course, Master in Accounting. I did Accounting in Bsc and ND. Also work in that area. For the travel, renewed my Germany visa in January and travelled in Feberuary. My wife and I visited Dubai for 5days during the Eid-Fitr Muslim Holiday and arrived Nigeria May 5th. I explained these in my Letter of explanation. the reason for changing course and to further strengthen my travel assertions. have travelled to all these country without violating any immigration laws. All in all.. It can ONLY be GOD. Let me also add that I Just resumed another new job today ooo Double blessings....Alhamdulilah for everything.

I pray that everyone awaiting decision on their applications get Approved Bikudiratilahi Ameen. And if you have been delayed Pls don't give up, delay is not denial. Never say Never. Please don't and don't give up.

Gracias!

Congratulations oh!! I am next

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 1:39am On Aug 16, 2022
Harpaa:

No sms fee? 990?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 1:40am On Aug 16, 2022
Aboki1859:
@makano and other gurus in the house

Application submitted 1st June, 2022 with upfront medical
Medical passed 15th July, 2022
Biometry completed 15th, August 2022
No update on eligibility
What is going on?
I have send mails to all the MPs but no one replied.

They didn’t respond because your application is still within processing time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sontelme: 2:22am On Aug 16, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I am here to share my own testimony,
Application submitted March 12th Gckey portal
Medicals June 15th
Medicals done July 5th
I got my PPR on 11/15/22

I just want to mention that your LOE is the foundation of any application. and i am grateful for to God for connecting me with @Technix . I was here the whole of February trying to get information and asking lots of questions, mostly scared because i was self sponsored with the support of my sister who was a Canadian PR. On one question i asked @Technix reached out to me explaining how to go about it. It marveled me because he was so detailed in his explanation, at that point I decided to share my fears with him and sent him a draft of my LOE. He went through it and edited it, he was able to explain my situation better . When I read the edited copy of my LOE I knew my application was about to be a testimony. I am grateful for meeting you. Thanks a bunch for all the help. I will recommend reaching out to him if you were like me that was doubtful and full of fear. wishing everyone here success in there Journey. Canada here we come

26 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jenny255: 2:55am On Aug 16, 2022
Please what’s the best option to pay for visa application fee?
My gt bank dollar mastercard keeps declining since yesterday.
Has anyone recently paid with gt bank card?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ocool: 2:58am On Aug 16, 2022
bayolino:

1st Application - Gckey - Self sponsored
Submitted Application- 8th October 2021
Biometric-13th October 2021
No any update
Refusal- 26th November 2021 - Reason ( Purpose of visit and Travel history)...... I just moved on and refired.
PGD- 2 Years diploma - Business Management.

Ordered GCMS Notes - (Applicant already have the skills his seeking for and already working in that field 2. Applicant prior travel is insufficient to count as a significant factor) have been to Germany and one unused German visa with other African countries

2nd Application- New porta -l Self sponsored
Submitted Application- 10th May 2022
Medicals - not updated
No single Update for over 12 weeks.
Eligibility review - 10th August 2022.
BVL and PPR - 15th August 2022. Alhamdulilahi
2years Masters

No single Update for over 12 weeks. after this days I started sending mails every 2 days and a good Muslim friend that I met on this forum God bless him for me, he has been helping since last year with lot of encouragement and guides, for like 3 months we haven't chatted my mind just say I should chat him ooo and give him update on my application. I told him I haven't gotten any single update on my application since I submitted and this already over 12weeks, and I have also sent series of mails and contacted my MP........The next thing he said I should continue sending mails. and he also said he will other my Gcms notes for me free and his going to use his card to pay.. I was like wow.....God bless you boss and may Almighty Allah perfect everything that concerns you. we did all these on 9th Aug. The next day early morning at 5.30 Sent another mail and this time I ensure my subject is eyes catching, then, I prayed morning prayer after. May be these 2 things triggered my application who knows.. Since I was tired of checking.. I checked in the afternoon just saw Eligibility has started I just continue with my usual prayer ooo and here today 15th Aug PPR.

Document submitted:
Letter of explanation (7pages). I didn't even give any second eyes....lol
Tuition receipt paid 9500CAD- First semester
MBS 8 months with (351m inflow and 340m outflow) Over 200pages
Bank reference letter
Fixed deposit certificates
Pension statement.
Current Employment documents ( Offer letter, payslip, Intro letter, Tax, NHF and confirmation letter)
Previous employment ( Offer letter and promotion letter)
Bsc Certifcate & Transcript
Diploma cert & Transcript
WES
IELTS
other Work Certifications.
CAC documents (owned one company)
Company tax document
Land Property
2 cars documents
my drivers license
Marriage certificate
Children birth certificates (2)
Children Intl Passport Data page
Kids Savings account for both of them- we have monthly standing order going to their account.
Spouse Work ID
Spouse Birth cert and Intl data page
Family Pictures
Police Clearance
Covid19 Vaccine card

What I did differently, I changed my school and my course, Master in Accounting. I did Accounting in Bsc and ND. Also work in that area. For the travel, renewed my Germany visa in January and travelled in Feberuary. My wife and I visited Dubai for 5days during the Eid-Fitr Muslim Holiday and arrived Nigeria May 5th. I explained these in my Letter of explanation. the reason for changing course and to further strengthen my travel assertions. have travelled to all these country without violating any immigration laws. All in all.. It can ONLY be GOD. Let me also add that I Just resumed another new job today ooo Double blessings....Alhamdulilah for everything.

I pray that everyone awaiting decision on their applications get Approved Bikudiratilahi Ameen. And if you have been delayed Pls don't give up, delay is not denial. Never say Never. Please don't and don't give up.

Gracias!

I join you in thanking Allah by saying Alhamdulilahi. Congratulations. Barakalahufihi.

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: finest0007(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.