Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,980 members, 7,835,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1246866 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GloriaBekee: 12:32pm On Aug 16, 2022
Please who knows anything about conestoga college?
And how possible to apply for family of 3 children and hubby together
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Treasure134: 12:47pm On Aug 16, 2022
Tymally:
Anyone going to Halifax and has secured accommodation? Please fill me in.

Still waiting for PPR, though. Resumption is September 7 while I submitted on June 14. It was 2 months yesterday. The anticipation is killing.

I'm going to Halifax too but waiting for PPR to drop

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 12:49pm On Aug 16, 2022
lilangel20:
Yes, Aug 15th, updated to pass
Medicals was done 1st of August
Ppr this week

Amen Amen. Were you the one that contacted an MP concerning your application? Or was it Isyma?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jenny255: 12:54pm On Aug 16, 2022
How much is in the card?

OLAMINREWA:
Hello house. How have you been paying for visa application fee. I have been getting a declining messages even with the use of dollar debit card? Please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 1:09pm On Aug 16, 2022
There's something i noticed about Gt dollar cards.
When you do an online transaction, the amount is debited, and same value of the amount is put on 'hold' thereby decreasing your available balance by that transaction amount.
WHAT TO DO: Go to the bank or call your Acc Officer to confirm your available balance and/or if an amount is placed on hold
Cheers
Jenny255:
That’s insane.
Honestly I don’t understand gt bank again.

They just sent me a mail saying insufficient funds and the card has about $194 usd in it.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Eziii: 1:12pm On Aug 16, 2022
ibaka:
Passport Submission Information after Study Permit Approval.

Note Abuja is max 5 days , Lagos max 10 days

For LAGOS OFFICE �:

Walk into any DHL or UPS store, you can google & check for the one's near you.

This is the Address you will mail your documents to:

Canada Visa Application Centre
Ground Floor, The Manor
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Lekki Phase 1
Lagos
Nigeria

Documents to go with to the DHL Office:

- Two photocopies of your international passport data page
- Your International Passport itself
- Passport request letter
- Biometric confirmation slip (the document you were given after u did your Biometrics)
-Two copies of signed VFS consent forms

The VFS consent form is available at https://www./vfsconsentform

Put everything in a Big Brown Envelope,

Write your FULL NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NO. & Email Address on the Envelope boldly

When you go to DHL, also indicate that you want a two way courier service. Then provide them the address you want your passport sent to when ready.

For ABUJA OFFICE � :

Put all the documents below in an envelope and send to:

Visa Application Centre
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor
Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way, Central Business District
Abuja
Nigeria

Documents:
-2 duly signed consent forms.
-2 copies of passport data page
-Passport Request Letter
-Yellow biometric slip
-Receipt of payment of transmission fee N9,410 (you will pay this fee if you didn't capture biometrics at Abuja VFS) and SMS fee of about N 1,000
-A paper with your contact details: name, phone number, email address, home address.

Pay the transmission fee to:

Canada Logistics Collection Account
Sterling Bank Plc

Disclaimer: please confirm the account details before any transaction.

Send your documents via DHL 2-way courier.

The contact information of VFS in Nigeria is available at https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/contact-us

If you are submitting anywhere outside Nigeria, contact the local visa office to find out how to submit.

Good afternoon and thanks for this information

Please, the vfs consent form isn’t opening, is there another way to get it?

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 1:22pm On Aug 16, 2022
Congratulations dear
Please i have a few questions
1. Did ur eligibility ever start? if yes, when?
2. Are you for fall or january intake?

Eziii:
Good morning guys,

It’s PPR morning! It can only be God because my agent literally frustrated my life

I applied on 30th May 2022
Biometrics done on the 10th of June
Upfront Medicals on the 1st August
Medical request came in on 12th August
BVL and PPR today 16th August

This platform is a place of hope, encouragement and everything good

Let’s keep our hopes up because I wasn’t expecting it when it came. May God settle everyone here as we continue to help each other

Gracias!��

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Princeofabia: 1:22pm On Aug 16, 2022
PatrickOkunima:
It's PPR!

Finally, God has done it for me, after 2 unsuccessful attempts.

First Application

Submitted: May 2021

Refused: September 18, 2021

Refusal Reason: Purpose of visit, and personal assets and financial status

NOTE: Only tuition deposit of $500 paid.

Second Application

Submitted: October 2021

Refused: March 2022

Cheers!
Congrats ♥️...I'm happy for you man....I am the next to testify ♥️

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Eziii: 1:32pm On Aug 16, 2022
amila20042001:
Congratulations dear
Please i have a few questions
1. Did ur eligibility ever start? if yes, when?
2. Are you for fall or january intake?

Hi dear,

My eligibility and criminality got approved before my medical request came. I used an agent who wasn’t really giving me updates so I sent a mail to the MP who gave me the above details

I am for fall 2022 intake

Goodluck dear

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Princeofabia: 1:34pm On Aug 16, 2022
Eziii:
Good morning guys,

It’s PPR morning! It can only be God because my agent literally frustrated my life

I applied on 30th May 2022
Biometrics done on the 10th of June
Upfront Medicals on the 1st August
Medical request came in on 12th August
BVL and PPR today 16th August

This platform is a place of hope, encouragement and everything good

Let’s keep our hopes up because I wasn’t expecting it when it came. May God settle everyone here as we continue to help each other

Gracias!��
Wow!!! Congrats man...Go and prosper in Canada...I also applied May 30th...If I may ask?....When did your eligibility start?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kellapaw: 1:46pm On Aug 16, 2022
johnstan:

WU invoice is valid for like 1 week or even less (not sure).
Processing form A takes at least 30days.
Before you proceed, contact WU and ask if the invoice validity can be extended or if it will still be valid to process payment even when it expires.

Flywire invoice validity can be extended - so confirm for WU.

If the above is a yes then proceed to tradesystem.gov.ng, fill the information, attach your -
•Letter of admission
•High school certificate or university degree certificate (depending on your level of qualification)
•The wu invoice
•A written and signed letter authorizing the bank to debit your account for the payment.

Good luck.

i saw your post about  flywire, please i hope you can help me
my question is flywire gave me a reference payment ID. that i need to input in my payment for them to be able to locate and track my payment, which means without it, they will have issues confirming my payment fast. the issue now is that i don't have a column for reference or remarks on my form a application form on the portal, please what can i do in this case? i am very confused and i need to apply fast because my deadline is in 7 weeks time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kellapaw: 1:49pm On Aug 16, 2022
daezy22:

my question is flywire gave me a reference payment ID. that i need to input in my payment for them to be able to locate and track my payment, which means without it, they will have issues confirming my payment fast. the issue now is that i don't have a column for reference or remarks on my form a application form on the portal, please what can i do in this case? i am very confused and i need to apply fast because my deadline is in 7 weeks time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jenny255: 1:57pm On Aug 16, 2022
It later went through I had to top up extra $20

The exchange rate is longer what it used to be.

amila20042001:
There's something i noticed about Gt dollar cards.
When you do an online transaction, the amount is debited, and same value of the amount is put on 'hold' thereby decreasing your available balance by that transaction amount.
WHAT TO DO: Go to the bank or call your Acc Officer to confirm your available balance and/or if an amount is placed on hold
Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by daezy22: 2:01pm On Aug 16, 2022
That’s alright, just include it in your instruction letter to the bank.

“kindly include this payment reference ID - xxxxxx

Add that line to your instruction letter.

Also when you fill in the details of your school, put this in bracket (reference ID - XXXXX), let it be added to the school name.

Kellapaw:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 2:11pm On Aug 16, 2022
Ocool:

It seems that nonsense GTBank card no dey work again. I contacted my account officer about, she told me I was unable to use it because it was cash deposited in the dom account, saying it would only work if it was a transfer.

The easiest solution is to look for a close friend or relative in Canada, US or UK to help you pay with their card over there.

Jenny and Ocool,

Please you can you dm, I can assist to resolve the issues with your payment.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by okay4sure: 2:18pm On Aug 16, 2022
Mine June 16th, exact two months today!
God will remember us this week and all other PPR expectant in Jesus name AMEN
GOD IS FAITHFUL AND WE ARE HOPEFUL
Tymally:
Anyone going to Halifax and has secured accommodation? Please fill me in.

Still waiting for PPR, though. Resumption is September 7 while I submitted on June 14. It was 2 months yesterday. The anticipation is killing.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fredba: 2:21pm On Aug 16, 2022
Wow!, can you share the mail address of the mp I’ll like to sent a mail as well to check my current status
May 30th applicant

Eziii:

Hi dear,

My eligibility and criminality got approved before my medical request came. I used an agent who wasn’t really giving me updates so I sent a mail to the MP who gave me the above details

I am for fall 2022 intake

Goodluck dear
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Divinefavrite: 2:24pm On Aug 16, 2022
@ Bobomaigida, is there any way you can be of help please or any other person . I am in dire need of how to pay my tuition fees at humber.
GT Bank says 8 weeks. Black market rate is killing and my deadline for payment is next week wednesday.

Bobomaigida:

Jenny and Ocool,

Please you can you dm, I can assist to resolve the issues with your payment.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 2:24pm On Aug 16, 2022
PatrickOkunima:
It's PPR!

Finally, God has done it for me, after 2 unsuccessful attempts.

First Application

Submitted: May 2021

Refused: September 18, 2021

Refusal Reason: Purpose of visit, and personal assets and financial status

NOTE: Only tuition deposit of $500 paid.

Second Application

Submitted: October 2021

Refused: March 2022

Refusal Reason: Personal assets and financial status, and family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

NOTE: Full tuition fee paid, GIC CAD 10,000

Third Application:

Submitted: 14 May, 2022

Eligibility Review: 23 June, 2022

Medical Request: 08 July, 2022

Medical Done: 27 July, 2022

Medical Passed: 11 August, 2022

BVL: 16 August, 2022

PPR: 16 August, 2022

NOTE: Full tuition fee paid, GIC CAD 10,000

Documents Submitted:

Applicant’s Documents

IRCC FORMS

1. Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294E)
2. Family Information form (IMM5645E)

Cheers!

Congratulations my brother, I am happy it has worked out well for you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 2:26pm On Aug 16, 2022
Divinefavrite:
@ Bobomaigida, is there any way you can be of help please or any other person . I am in dire need of how to pay my tuition fees at humber.
GT Bank says 8 weeks. Black market rate is killing and my deadline for payment is next week wednesday.

Hi Divine, have you tried seeking an extension from the school? You can send them the Form A acknowledgement for them to know that the payment process has started.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ibaka: 2:40pm On Aug 16, 2022
$ 15,000 per quarter. Jan to March, April to June ,July to September and so

Kolajero:
Hello house.

What is the maximum amount one can use Form A to pay from the school fees? Or, is there no limit? I mean the total tuition.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by KellyTech007: 2:51pm On Aug 16, 2022
ibaka:
Hi,

I will try to answer to the best of my knowledge but others can please contribute and correct me if I am wrong.

1) You need your transcript to apply period. Find a way to reach out to the school to send a copy to you (unofficial copy).

2) You need to apply now as you need between 1 to 6 months or even more to secure admission and try to apply to more than 1 school. Visa processing also takes between 20 days (for NSE) and at least 3 months for normal processing. We have seen applications extending beyond 3 months to 12 months max.

3) start with applyboard.com go to students tab and search, ensure your choice of course matches your bsc and pursue a masters if your GPA is above 70% (2.2).

Also begin to work on your POF ( proof of funds) and home ties being a young single guy.

Google masters in canada and a lot of options will come up, bottom line do your research and you can drop your telegram user name( not your phone number o) so you can be added to a canada study group.

Thanks so much @Ibaka Please talking about the proof of fund , Please can you guide me on this ? What am I supposed to Prepare or do ahead because as it stands the amount of money set aside for my POF , school fees and other related financial expenses is actually in a fixed deposit Account . Talking about the Home ties , I googled on it to get better understanding. I have some landed Properties in my Name with a worth of around 8-10m, Would that boost my chances as it concerns POF and Home ties?

I understand U.K method of POF is very Different from Canada , My initial plan was U.K but I had to change for Canada .

I'll be patient for your Response , Thanks

Anyone can help by responding, I'll really Appreciate. I'm still new in this but I believe this thread will help me .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by KellyTech007: 3:01pm On Aug 16, 2022
Uzoamaka123:
Hello Kelly,

You are welcome �.

To answer your questions,I’ll explain the little I know and have learnt from the group.

1) every school has their way of processing transcripts this period.
Usually, for most schools in Canada , what is required is a student copy of your transcript then after you’re admitted, you’ll be required to send the original copy.

It’ll be good to search for schools that accept this so that you won’t have to waste money to apply for transcripts to different school. ( most Nigerian schools require 10k thereabout to process transcript and it’ll be sent to only 1 school, sending to multiple schools might require extra charge) . lol that’s how unilag does theirs sha . So I’ll be better you apply with a student copy first.

As regards ASUU strike, you’ll need to find out from your school because most schools now process transcripts on the low.
Eg unilag does it on Tuesday!

2) I don’t think application for September 2023 is out. It is usually open October. But you can check schools and you’ll see the date application opens for that specific intake.

3) You need to check for the kind of program you will want to do .
Route your google search to things like “ schools that offer …….. program in Canada.
“top 10 affordable schools in Canada that offer …… program for September intake.

4) Not necessarily. It’s either it relates to your undergrad studies or your work experience.
But since you said you’re a recent graduate , I think you should do something related to your under grad studies since you don’t have work experience.

I hope I’ve been able to answer some of your questions.

Have a great one
2)

Thanks @Uzoamaka123 for your Response and yes you've been able to answer some of my Questions,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by glotalk: 3:04pm On Aug 16, 2022
please i need advice. my eligibility started since 16th of July till date (one month) and have not hard from IRCC please is this normal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by KellyTech007: 3:12pm On Aug 16, 2022
Hi NL Family , Please I need help as it concerns the type of course to study . I graduated last year with a B.sc in Library and Information Science Second Class Upper.

Someone Adviced that since I'm a fresher sort of and with little or no work Experience then it's better I go for a course that is related to what I studied in my Undergraduate.

Please can anyone help me out here ?

I understand that no one is under any obligation to give me a response but I'll be Patient . Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Deejom07: 3:25pm On Aug 16, 2022
Please relax, something similar happened to me.
I discovered that my dom dollar account which I funded is different from the dollar MasterCard account.
I just fund the MasterCard thru the Dom dollar account. So try this on your app or internet banking as it works for me.

Jenny255:
That’s insane.
Honestly I don’t understand gt bank again.

They just sent me a mail saying insufficient funds and the card has about $194 usd in it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pat978: 3:31pm On Aug 16, 2022
ayzone:
Airline tickets are on the high side, fair prices i saw are on the day of resumption. Whats the implication of resuming late pls

Honestly, it was just by the grace of God that we were able to find price for a decent price. The fares are crazy high unfortunately. I understand it’s hard but try as much as possible not to resume late to be on the safe side��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by codesngr(m): 3:40pm On Aug 16, 2022
Is it advisable to use same GCKEY Account to apply for the second time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pat978: 3:42pm On Aug 16, 2022
Divinefavrite:
I am stuck right there. Applied for form A with GTB but was made to understand that it will take a minimum of 8 weeks to get approved by which time the school fees deadline will be long past. I contacted Humber several days ago asking for extension of school fees deadline. They responded yesterday that my program is full and so they cannot extend deadline.

So right now, I suppose I am left with the black market option. Except otherwise if anyone has a better idea, I will love to hear it.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lovewins: 3:42pm On Aug 16, 2022
Anyone in need of a card to make payments online should quote this tweet.

I have up to $1000 on my card.

Kindly note that rate is prevailing black market rate.

Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pat978: 3:43pm On Aug 16, 2022
Divinefavrite:
I am stuck right there. Applied for form A with GTB but was made to understand that it will take a minimum of 8 weeks to get approved by which time the school fees deadline will be long past. I contacted Humber several days ago asking for extension of school fees deadline. They responded yesterday that my program is full and so they cannot extend deadline.

So right now, I suppose I am left with the black market option. Except otherwise if anyone has a better idea, I will love to hear it.

Ask your school if you can pay in instalments, so that even if you retrieve money through black market it won’t be as much cause you are paying half the fees, as for the form A, it really takes time cause they operate on a first come first serve basis, do it in advance for future payments.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.