Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (878) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1238602 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (875) (876) (877) (878) (879) (880) (881) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by benedictuyi(m): 9:03am On Mar 01, 2023
How can I re-initiate a Form A transaction?

This was the process sent to me by UBA on Twitter.
However, when I click on the AF number, I can't find any "input"

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by benedictuyi(m): 9:25am On Mar 01, 2023
Enddystar:

It depends on the bank. Ordinarily, your statement should be stamped by the bank to authenticate it. If your mobile app can give you that then it's fine. I know Providus app does that
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by xyjoe(m): 9:28am On Mar 01, 2023
VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!

For prospective applicant or already applied student, please try confirming that your school or program is listed as DLI, offers PGWP and that the program of study is from 9months upwards. Check list of DLI schools here ( https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html).

PGWP means Postgraduate work Permit for those that intend staying and wish to work in Canada after studies.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SLOVFO(m): 9:33am On Mar 01, 2023
technix:
Once you answer the questionnaire that you have taken a medical test in the last 12 months, the place for uploading upfront medical will appear.

Thank you for this. I have been wondering...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SandyDandy: 9:33am On Mar 01, 2023
skentelelady:

No don't use. They prefer commercial.bamks. Microfinamce bank is a red flag please

But a friend used it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 9:38am On Mar 01, 2023
babineli:
Hello Gurus, please I need an honest reply an opinion on this and what would you advise me to do. Please a guru should reply this as it’s very sensitive.

I initially wanted to to study Software Engineering in a University in the UK which I paid a tuition fee of £8,000. After a long wait I was sent a CAS Draft letter and in the CAS Draft letter I was asked if I was previously refused visa before. I honestly declared to the university in the UK that I was previously refused visiting visa in 2017. This made the school stop my student sponsorship application and returned my money to me.

While I initially have 5.2Million naira($CAD15,000)as living expenses that was already running in my POF account, kindly note that printing out the bank statement from February no form of lump sum will display in my account. The returned 8000£(4.1million) naira lump sum was credited in my POF account this middle of February and it stated the description of the money as reversed from school.

Now have applied for another form A and I intend in using the returned money to pay all my tuition fee in the college in Canada that gave me admission.

My question is.
1: Do I still have to explain in my POF how the lump sum came into my account if I eventually use the same lump sum to pay my full tuition fee in the college in Canada. Yes you have to explain, you can state you withdrew from the school to focus on the Canadian SP, thenprovide evidence of the transfer from the school[/i]

2: Do I have to reveal to Canada immigration officer that the reversed lump sum was because I honestly disclosed to the school that I was previously refused a visiting visa back in 2017 before and the school refused me sponsorship because they were concern I could get refused again as they want to protect their license as well. No, just state that you changed your mind about the school

3: Do you think the canada immigration officer might want to verify from the school the reason why they couldn’t issue me student sponsorship if I just told them that I requested for the refund because I wasn’t interested in the school anymore but want to settle for Canada because it’s my preferred destination. You only have to state the visa refusal in your application, if you know the reason you can state it too.[i]

Im just been careful of the information I let out, saying the truth isn’t my problem but I’m scared it shouldn’t be used against me just as what the school did to me. So please I need a professional and sincere advise on this.

Thank you so much.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by skentelelady(f): 9:45am On Mar 01, 2023
SandyDandy:

But a friend used it

Was his application approved? I have seen so many gcms bores that clearly stated that applications were rejected because applicants used microfinace bank. They can't confirm POF from MF esp in Nigeria. They expect that the money should be transfer to commercial bank which wvich can always contact and get reply since they have relationship with them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pheranmie2023: 9:48am On Mar 01, 2023
Good morning fam, I submitted my medical exam slip together while submitting my application online but my medical result has been sent to me now upon request. My question is that Can I send the result to ircc now as I have not heard from them ? If yes, which email address will I send it to.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Angela2023: 9:53am On Mar 01, 2023
Angela2023:
Hello gurus in the house,

Am about to start study permit application, my brother ll be my sponsor...I finished my service in 2018, did nursing assistant training from 2019- 2021 ,. Then started volunteer job at public health center in 2022 till date... please do I still need to show my own bank statement....and what are my chances of approval. Please I need answers

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Habeebboy: 10:25am On Mar 01, 2023
Good morning guys. Please I got the below message from my school. How will I get the study permit? I did my biometrics on Friday 24th. Thank you

 Please note that the deadline to submit proof of study permit approval to the MyFCT Student Portal is April 3rd 2023 (Monday), 11:59 p.m. EST – TOR time (please see Important Dates) section on the FCT website.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by blueberryacres: 10:26am On Mar 01, 2023
Ah it’s been a while.
at this point in time, i don’t know what to do! Funds for my school fees and expenses haven’t dropped, but i will keep praying! I’ve been searching for scholarships and student loans i can get to reduce the burden on my sponsor but to no avail. There is still time and I believe God will work wonders!
Anyways, this form A, how long does it take to get processed? I don’t think my sponsor is confident of sending large funds with the CIBC student pay option the school gave😅 So, can someone give me a detailed explanation of the process? Or anyone that has used the CIBC service, can i have some points to alleviate my sponsor’s fears?
It will end in praise for us all, in Jesus’ name
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by femmybet(f): 10:32am On Mar 01, 2023
Good Morning Guys. I need help booking for some preferred flights. The fees are quoted in USD. Please how do i know how much to pay in Naira.
Also when is the best time to get to book in order to get cheap rates. All have seen so far are way very high.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pegzzyg(f): 10:41am On Mar 01, 2023
Please Guyz, assist me with informations @activated Dreams & other *Gurus in the house, kindly assist 🙏🙏🙏

Pegzzyg:
Hi all, please I need advice for my sibling! So, a recent graduate of Law from Nigeria, what course(s) can be considered for Masters studies in Canada? I know Canada thrives on ‘career progression’ unlike the UK where one can switch courses of study at anytime…
I would also appreciate advised on low tuition fees schools, the ones I know of are University of Saks, Regina, Manitoba etc, I would appreciate your insight on current ones please🙏
Your general advise even if you think it’s not merited, is very needed & I would be very grateful…
Kindly advise me as a novice, thanks for in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by danherb: 10:58am On Mar 01, 2023
While applying for visa, do have to include my form A printout ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JESUSSON1: 11:00am On Mar 01, 2023
how long did it take for the form A approval?
benedictuyi:
How can I re-initiate a Form A transaction?

This was the process sent to me by UBA on Twitter.
However, when I click on the AF number, I can't find any "input"
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Boobae200: 11:05am On Mar 01, 2023
Can I book my biometric appointment at Abuja. My passport is from the south east. Does it matter if I book it for Abuja or must it be Lagos.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kween2014: 11:16am On Mar 01, 2023
Please how did you request your medical result? From IOM or Q-life? Could you pls put me through? Thank you.
Pheranmie2023:
Good morning fam, I submitted my medical exam slip together while submitting my application online but my medical result has been sent to me now upon request. My question is that Can I send the result to ircc now as I have not heard from them ? If yes, which email address will I send it to.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by benedictuyi(m): 11:29am On Mar 01, 2023
JESUSSON1:
how long did it take for the form A approval?
12 weeks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pheranmie2023: 11:37am On Mar 01, 2023
Kween2014:
Please how did you request your medical result? From IOM or Q-life? Could you pls put me through? Thank you.

Send a message to iomlagosclinicalteam@iom.int and request for your medical result. Send them your UMI number and your passport number.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiomaMC: 11:48am On Mar 01, 2023
Any one that got admission in Fleming college, Global Business Management? or any other course please let's connect

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChubaKC: 11:49am On Mar 01, 2023
ChubaKC:
It is well! Got refused this morning.
Family of 6 (primary applicant inclusive)

Reason:
Primary applicant- financial capacity and assets
Other family members- financial capacity and purpose of visit

School admission hint:
Admission- Jan 5 (now deferred to Sep 5 but not yet updated to IRCC)
Tuition per year - 8874cad (now 9300cad)
No tuition deposit required
GRA appointment offer: 2000cad minimum monthly

Applications:
Primary Applicant: Study permit (PhD 4-6yrs program)
Other 5 family members: Visitors visa

Few Doc submitted due to size:

Primary applicant;
-GRA offer letter stating min 2k cad monthly
-Personal 4 months account statement- 10.5m balance
-Pension statement- 2.5m
-Personal Land Survey plan - 4 different plots (deeds not included cos of size)
-Company CAC docs only (husb & wife directors) attached on wife client section and no financial doc attached cos of size
-One Vehicle registration documents
-School certificate & transcript
-previous research publications
-SOP
-LOE
-Authorization for leave from place of work

Dependents:
-application for Visitors visa for all
-Wife credentials and CAC doc for our company and one other business registration
-LOE stating that spouse will bear all financial obligations through personal account and GRA offer
-parents consent letter for children

Please I need to resubmit these applications as soon as possible.
I need advice on what to do differently pls.

@bullstriker and other gurus in the platform I need your support pls

See attached

Good morning Everyone,
My good people I’ve just gotten my gcms note which is attached below stating; low opening balance and large closing balance, lump sum deposit, limited source of funds evidence and no tuition deposit; as reasons for the refusal.
Pls this time I’ll like to ask;

1) using the same account statement, starting from where I have large opening balance and closing at current balance (say Oct 12 to March 12). Is it ok?

2) explaining the lump sums which came from my private practice and salary savings; attaching
a) my bank statement showing 8.5m which indicated monies from clients, 2m gift from wife, transfer from my salary account and transfer from corporate account of our registered company.
b) award letters of ongoing projects from clients summing up to like 45m,
c) recent pay slip from current employer,
d) gift deed from wife as sponsor, letter and affidavit of sponsorship from wife,
e) company registration docs and tax certificate, letter and affidavit of sponsorship from our registered company stating annual support of 25000CAD, signed by my wife.

Will this be enough to explain these lump sums and sources of funds?

3) I’ll transfer 5m from company account to wife then have her gift me 2m and pay tuition of about 3m from her account as I said before. But then, Having this accumulated balance of 8.5 for 1year expenses as transferred into my own account from wife/company with the above documents from spouse (sponsor) and company, is it ok?

4) I don’t really want to include wife’s bank statement nor company account statement cos they have low balance, believing that the gift deed from wife, tax documents from company, plus letters and affidavit of sponsorship from both, will be enough. Pls I need your candid opinions.

5) I also want to pay full one year tuition possibly from wife’s account and indicate that in my LOE to show her commitment in supporting me. I hope this is ok

6) if my wife successfully sponsor me, will it affect her chances of coming through sowp after I’ve been approved?

7) if I must include wife account statement; sourcing for POF (assets liquidation) of like 5m from banks into her account within few days to my application, including BOD resolution instructing that and the certificate of liquidation. Will it be a red flag 🚩?

cool It seems the VO did not consider my University funding of 2000 CAD monthly minimum. Though this maybe cos in my previous application, I said “my expenses in Canada will be paid by MYSELF “. This time I hope it’ll be ok to say my expenses will be paid by; Myself, my spouse, university funding, my business.

9) Again, pls what figure do I put as “amount available for my stay in Canada”? Is it;
(my 8.5m + tuition amount + total annual funding + amount of expected support from business)

10) pls is mobile app generated bank statement accepted for POF? I realize it has lower mb than scanned statements. I normally hear about “MBS”, are they the same?

11) having the above details, my people, will anyone encourage me to apply together with my family again? 🙄

Sincerely my people, my health and emotions have been down since this refusal, I humbly need your full support to achieve this pls.
@bullstriker and experts in the house pls help me, I beg.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pheranmie2023: 11:49am On Mar 01, 2023
Pheranmie2023:

Please I need response to this 🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiomaMC: 11:56am On Mar 01, 2023
Hi, please which school? my school gave me the option of CIBC too. I'm having the same challenge here.
I don't know how to fill form A without the school bank details, anyone with idea?

blueberryacres:
Ah it’s been a while.
at this point in time, i don’t know what to do! Funds for my school fees and expenses haven’t dropped, but i will keep praying! I’ve been searching for scholarships and student loans i can get to reduce the burden on my sponsor but to no avail. There is still time and I believe God will work wonders!
Anyways, this form A, how long does it take to get processed? I don’t think my sponsor is confident of sending large funds with the CIBC student pay option the school gave😅 So, can someone give me a detailed explanation of the process? Or anyone that has used the CIBC service, can i have some points to alleviate my sponsor’s fears?
It will end in praise for us all, in Jesus’ name
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JESUSSON1: 11:58am On Mar 01, 2023
no be small thing. More two months.
benedictuyi:

12 weeks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankielilbaby(f): 12:11pm On Mar 01, 2023
Been a while guys hope una no miss me.
Happy new month, even if the election did not move in our favor, we hope for a better Nigeria even as we plan to Japa. Anyways for new guys here, I wish you goodluck in your journey you are free to email me or text me on my whatsapp number 07015654921 for any help or question at all you may have we are all here to help each other cheesy

I have a question for the gurus in the house my mum wants to follow me as I am leaving this August on a visiting visa which I saw takes about a year to process I initially put in my application that Noone will be following me but now she wants to, will this affect me in anyway and should I use my ircc account to apply for her own or I should just create a new account and submit a letter explaining myself? Thank you and please I am waiting for your response

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mrsdoubra: 12:33pm On Mar 01, 2023
Kween2014:

Hello Fam , Please how much does IOM charge for adult and children below 2years medicals ? I checked their website and I couldn’t find anything. Please this is urgent, thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Guest911: 12:33pm On Mar 01, 2023
Frankielilbaby:
Been a while guys hope una no miss me.
Happy new month, even if the election did not move in our favor, we hope for a better Nigeria even as we plan to Japa. Anyways for new guys here, I wish you goodluck in your journey you are free to email me or text me on my whatsapp number 07015654921 for any help or question at all you may have we are all here to help each other cheesy

I have a question for the gurus in the house my mum wants to follow me as I am leaving this August on a visiting visa which I saw takes about a year to process I initially put in my application that Noone will be following me but now she wants to, will this affect me in anyway and should I use my ircc account to apply for her own or I should just create a new account and submit a letter explaining myself? Thank you and please I am waiting for your response
Since you don collect your visit visa, a decision has already been made. Better travel alone now.

If you submit additional documents with information, your application would be reviewed afresh. Back to 50/50 chance.

Remember your mum was part of the home ties you used.. So it's going to look like you're not going To come back.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mrsdoubra: 12:39pm On Mar 01, 2023
Hello Everyone, Please how much does IOM charge for adult and children below 2years medicals ? I checked their website and I couldn’t find anything. Please this is urgent, thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankielilbaby(f): 12:51pm On Mar 01, 2023
Guest911:

Since you don collect your visit visa, a decision has already been made. Better travel alone now.

If you submit additional documents with information, your application would be reviewed afresh. Back to 50/50 chance.

Remember your mum was part of the home ties you used.. So it's going to look like you're not going To come back.

Thank you for that but my whole family was my home tie my mum is traveling on a visiting visa she just wants to see me settle in and she's going back home
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by adebunmi234(m): 1:12pm On Mar 01, 2023
Co ask
Didibibi:
It’s PPR Guyysssssssssssssssssssssss
I am posting this on behalf of my sister (na we wan drag this girl comot from Nigeria)
We applied via the GC Key portal and this was her first student application. School is SAIT, Sept start
Her timeline
Applied on the 6th of Feb 2023
Biometrics request: Upfront Biometrics from a previous Visitor’s visa
Medicals was done upfront on the 10 Aug 2022
Eligibility started: Not sure, no update on this application, it was just a direct passport request
PPR dropped: 24th February 2023
Documents Submitted:
Digital Photograph
Letter of Admission
Receipt of School fee payment(Tuition Deposit)
Proof of Means of Financial Support
Me and my brother decided to co-sponsor her application as we are both Permanent residents
Letter of Sponsorship(Affidavit notarized in Canada)
Sponsors birth certificate(Just mine and applicant’s BC)
Sponsors letter of Employment confirmation)
Sponsors 3 months’ pay stubs.
My brother’s confirmation of investment $10k
Title certificate of house belonging to me and my brother in Canada(with a confirmation saying she can stay in any of the houses)
We also attached a 5-year bank statement of the applicant showing consistent deposit from me or my brother for my sister’s upkeep.
We also highlighted what our combined income was and stated that her tuition (35k for 2 year course) was about 15% of our total annual income.
Client Information
we submitted all documents listed below
LOE written by my brother (the baddest to ever do it)
Passport data page
Birth Certificate
This application isn’t the most accurate, we did a lot on God’s Grace and Vibes
For home ties, we had mentioned the state of the Nigerian educational system and the incessant ASUU strike (my sister is a final year student in one of the federal universities), we also highlighted how she has been on a 3.5-year course for almost 5 years and there’s no end in sight. We also mentioned that she is the caretaker of our late parents’ property, and she has sentimental attachment to it and she will be returning to continue her duties over the property.

Please anyone with SAIT whatsapp group or support group will be highly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by flory10: 1:13pm On Mar 01, 2023
Dear Family,

I got a request for medicals a week after I had done an upfront and sent the slip. Following the request I contacted IOM and they emailed me the report. I raised a web form and sent them the report while linking my IME no from IOM and the IME no from IRCC. It is about a week now and nothing. Please is there an email address to which I can send the medical report?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by peace2007: 1:22pm On Mar 01, 2023
peace2007:
Goodday nairalander,please help a sis
I got a rejection last year November stating your assest and financial situation is insufficient,
We are family of 4,my husband was on VV while 2 kids were on study permit the third kid is not following due to school (Uni).
Now I want advise from you all
1,i applied for a year program at centennial paid tuition deposit then January intake but later defer to September.
2,I have gotten another admission at SMU Nova scotia for 2 years program
Should I continue with centennial and pay 1 semester but I think they will remove plenty money if I want to transfer
Or I should apply with Saint Mary's University?
Should I apply with my family again.hubby was my sponsor
I have attached the VOs concerns

(1) (2) (3) ... (875) (876) (877) (878) (879) (880) (881) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.