Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,500 members, 7,830,507 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (879) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1239869 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (876) (877) (878) (879) (880) (881) (882) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by beccadamilola(f): 1:28pm On Mar 01, 2023
Saloiba:
To God be the Glory great things he has done for my Family. Our PPR has landed and we are super excited.

We are family of 5, my husband left for Canada early September 2022 and we waited for him to stay 3 months before we put in our application.

We submitted application for SOWP for me and 3 visit visas for our 3 children ages 8, 6, and 2. Our PPR dropped this morning 28th of February 2023.

Our Timelines
Confirmation of online submission - 30th November 2022
Biometrics completed for me - 6th December 2022
We did upfront medical on the 22nd of November 2022 and was passed on the 25th of January 2023

Eligibility didn't start until we received PPR this morning.

Documents Submitted
Marriage Certificate
Family pictures with the children
Letter of invitation by husband
Introduction letter from my company
My 6 months payslip
My Naira bank statement of about 13.5M
Dollar investment certificate of 7,500 USD
My Domiciliary account of 2,000 USD
My husband Canadian bank statement of 5,000 CAD

Please help us with the process of passport submission

Everyone waiting for their good news will receive it soon by God's grace

Congratulations 🎉🎉

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 1:30pm On Mar 01, 2023
flory10:
Dear Family,

I got a request for medicals a week after I had done an upfront and sent the slip. Following the request I contacted IOM and they emailed me the report. I raised a web form and sent them the report while linking my IME no from IOM and the IME no from IRCC. It is about a week now and nothing. Please is there an email address to which I can send the medical report?

Please go and relax, your PPR is 95% ready.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiomaMC: 1:32pm On Mar 01, 2023
Please how long does the Form A takes to be processed. I need to pay before the end of the month. My school didn't give enough time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JESUSSON1: 1:40pm On Mar 01, 2023
two months up.
ChiomaMC:
Please how long does the Form A takes to be processed. I need to pay before the end of the month. My school didn't give enough time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by merciee: 1:52pm On Mar 01, 2023
Thanks for your response.
FranklynJonin:
When I applied I got a funding letter from my supervisor too but I also showed bank statement of my mum(sponsor) and her land documents. I explained in my SOP and letter of sponsorship that my scholarship covers my tuition and leaving expenses but my mum has enough money to sponsor me without the scholarship. Also she would be funding my travel and first month before the funding kicks in.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by marooooo: 2:40pm On Mar 01, 2023
Perfectyyyyyy:
A knee to say a very BIG AMEN

A knee to say a louder AMEN
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by DrAFOguns: 3:00pm On Mar 01, 2023
Thank you for replying.
skentelelady:

No don't use. They prefer commercial.bamks. Microfinamce bank is a red flag please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by DrAFOguns: 3:01pm On Mar 01, 2023
Now, I'm confused
quinstershaw:

I believe many people have used it and were successful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by DrAFOguns: 3:02pm On Mar 01, 2023
Can i transfer the money to a commercial bank account and then attach POF of both the commercial and microfinace bank to my application?
skentelelady:

No don't use. They prefer commercial.bamks. Microfinamce bank is a red flag please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ActivatedDreams: 3:21pm On Mar 01, 2023
SandyDandy:
Good morning my good people
My husband applied in two schools Victoria university and Wilfred laurier university since late November for September intake, but it looks as if the admission waiting.. is lasting forever.

My husband have accounting in HND and he did his masters in financial management ( Mba ) he is applying for Msc.
Please can him try college?

Hello, how can you be applying for a masters degree with HND ? I’m in sure that works in canada because your undergraduate is HND. Please let him just face college that’s the best for him.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Boobae200: 3:28pm On Mar 01, 2023
Boobae200:
Can I book my biometric appointment at Abuja. My passport is from the south east. Does it matter if I book it for Abuja or must it be Lagos.
please I need help on this. Don't want to go to Abuja and they will refer me to Lagos coz of my passport is from the east. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pufframmy: 3:47pm On Mar 01, 2023
pls as anyone generated MBS from Gtbank Recently, have been trying from my Laptop keep logging out at last minute kindly help if you have
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TradeSunMoore: 3:58pm On Mar 01, 2023
Boobae200:
please I need help on this. Don't want to go to Abuja and they will refer me to Lagos coz of my passport is from the east. Thanks

You can choose to do the biometrics in any of the two locations. Just select the one that is convenient for you but less crowd in Abuja for obvious reasons.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Boobae200: 4:26pm On Mar 01, 2023
TradeSunMoore:

You can choose to do the biometrics in any of the two locations. Just select the one that is convenient for you but less crowd in Abuja for obvious reasons.
thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Molajim: 4:55pm On Mar 01, 2023
[quote author=ChubaKC post=121374614]

All your above explanation looks substantial and reasonable.
For number 9. Yes, include all funds
I may be wrong but this is how I feel about your application if I were to be your vo;
You showed intention to stay till 2029. And not just even you alone, as a family of 6. Even if you admission letter states that you can finish your prog for 100years max. I don’t think it is wise to state that you want to stay for the whole 100years. Choose the minimum years allowed to complete your prog and state that that’s what you need. (You have to create an illusion that you want to do what u want to do fast to get back to your life back home. Even if we all know it’s cold zobo) if not if they may require you to show financial capability for at least half of your intended stay period. 2023-2029 is a lot. It’s too obvious you have less going on for you than what Canada has to offer. Again these are not facts; you don’t have to consider it. It’s just my opinion

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by skentelelady(f): 4:58pm On Mar 01, 2023
DrAFOguns:
Can i transfer the money to a commercial bank account and then attach POF of both the commercial and microfinace bank to my application?
yes if you can the explain the lump sum in your SOP. You can say the Mf is for saving purpose so you are moving it to your commercial account for your study purpose since you know MF POF isn't accepted

Others can throw more light

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Army2022: 5:21pm On Mar 01, 2023
Ethiopian airline got better price than other airlines. Their prices are in naira too.
You can pay in their office at vi Lagos, with your naira debit card, transfer or in your bank.
femmybet:
Good Morning Guys. I need help booking for some preferred flights. The fees are quoted in USD. Please how do i know how much to pay in Naira.
Also when is the best time to get to book in order to get cheap rates. All have seen so far are way very high.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SandyDandy: 5:24pm On Mar 01, 2023
ActivatedDreams:

Thank you so much for your response
But he did his post graduates diploma (PGD) and he also have Masters in financial Management (MBA) at ladoke Akintola university of technology ogbomosho, does it mean with this certificates he is not qualified to apply for Msc in Canada university? Please i need your answer before is too late for us
Please can we also use Microfinance bank for Proof of funds. God bless you

Hello, how can you be applying for a masters degree with HND ? I’m in sure that works in canada because your undergraduate is HND. Please let him just face college that’s the best for him.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChubaKC: 6:21pm On Mar 01, 2023
[quote author=Molajim post=121383424][/quote]

Thank you so much @Molajim,
Am interested to hear that it has to be the minimum number of years rather than the upper limit.
For No. 9) I really don’t know, but am feeling that (26000 + 9400 + 24000 + 25000 = 84400) CAD may look too much. I hope to get the opinion of others on this.
Thanks a lot, I really appreciate this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pufframmy: 7:16pm On Mar 01, 2023
is OLD PORTAL DOWN (GIC)? it have been redirecting me back since

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pegzzyg(f): 7:23pm On Mar 01, 2023
otobor12:
Good day all... My school resumes May 26th, I want to travel to Canada first week of April so I will have enough time to hustle before school resumes... Will I have issues in the Airport Is this too early Pls I need advise...
Hi, please what’s the name of your school?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by peace2007: 7:25pm On Mar 01, 2023
Good evening,my study permit was rejected on the ground of assets and financial,
Family of 4, please can I change program and Dli, because the new program align with my undergraduate studies and I graduated 2021,while the formal program was just a voluntary work.

Please advise me,
Can I change in the new visa application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pegzzyg(f): 7:36pm On Mar 01, 2023
Hi, can I send you an email please?
Cuppycak3:
It’s PPR guys grin wink cheesy
Join me and thank this God for what he cannot do does not exist! And thanks to everyone here dropping tips, it really helped a lot. I did my application myself and here’s my timeline

*Timeline*

Upfront medical Nov 29th
Submitted my application on January 19th
Biometrics Jan 25th
Eligibility started 14 Feb
And ppr dropped Feb 18th

*Documents submitted*

- Letter of sponsorship from sponsor (third party sponsor)
- sponsors work iD card
- Sponsors MBS statement of 20m with inflow out flow of about 100m
- sponsors Cac documents
- sponsors land documents
- pictures with sponsor
- Deposit payment receipts
- Admission letter
- Employment letter
- evidence of past work experience
- Degree cert (Statement of result) my school was taking to long to process the certificate
- My bank statements of 3.5m
- Transcripts
- Sop
- Family’s birth certificates
- Family pictures
- Professional certificates
- WAEC & Nysc

Good luck to everyone still hoping to hear from IRCC good news soonest!
If you’re going to Centennial college Sept intake reach out let’s connect

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Afabet: 8:53pm On Mar 01, 2023
Tgbengus151:
So guys, the Whatsapp group has eventually being created and we are currently 6 in number, so if you are also a prospective student of Fanshawe college and you feel interested in joining the group, you can hit me up through the mail or quote this post.

Thank you.

I just got an admission to Fanshawe college and I'll like to be added to the whatsapp group
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by gonegreen: 9:14pm On Mar 01, 2023
Tgbengus151:
So guys, the Whatsapp group has eventually been created, and we are currently 6 in number, so if you are also a prospective student of Fanshawe college and you feel interested in joining the group, you can hit me up through the mail or quote this post.

Thank you.

Please, is there any WhatsApp group for Conestoga College? I I would appreciate hearing from this house. Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fling01: 9:30pm On Mar 01, 2023
Have you gotting an offer or still expecting pls indicate
gonegreen:

Please, is there any WhatsApp group for Conestoga College? I I would appreciate hearing from this house. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Guest911: 9:35pm On Mar 01, 2023
gonegreen:

Theres a telegram group, obviously I can't post the link so PM me for the link
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Molajim: 10:13pm On Mar 01, 2023
Anybody Halifax bound fall term ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Guest911: 10:22pm On Mar 01, 2023
peace2007:
Good evening,my study permit was rejected on the ground of assets and financial,
Family of 4, please can I change program and Dli, because the new program align with my undergraduate studies and I graduated 2021,while the formal program was just a voluntary work.

Please advise me,
Can I change in the new visa application
Yes perfectly okay and Normal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Legitmenaija: 10:25pm On Mar 01, 2023
Didibibi:

See attached, he has for the very size 12kg 23kg,32kg
His number +234. 703 @465 @2303

Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Legitmenaija: 10:26pm On Mar 01, 2023
opessi:
PPR ALERT!!!

Alhamdulilah

I'm grateful to Almighty God for all he has done for me

Congratulations 👌👌👌👌
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Legitmenaija: 11:32pm On Mar 01, 2023
All the contributors on this thread... THANK YOU ALL. Lots of info and help here.

Please i am about putting up my application for study visa (been busy getting my documents together).

Can i go ahead and do the Medical i+or i should wait till its requested for?

Secondly my location is Abuja. Can someone please help me with the address where i can do the Medicals and can payment be made cash or it must be with a dollar card? (my dollar card is still being processed).

Lastly, please is it safe to use form A to transfer the cash (with my sponsor meant for living expenses and rent) in A commercial bank to a dollar card now or after the study permit is granted?

Please help 🙏🙏🙏🙏

(1) (2) (3) ... (876) (877) (878) (879) (880) (881) (882) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.