Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,449 members, 7,819,659 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (889) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1225335 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (886) (887) (888) (889) (890) (891) (892) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by richard69(m): 1:21am On Mar 06, 2023
Amokemii:

NBCC!
which of the campuses pls?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 1:37am On Mar 06, 2023
Enddystar:
To my experienced brothers & sisters here, please what next after PPR? I had wanted to travel now against September but someone suggested I'll not be able to work until the school enrolls me. In that case, I will have to wait.

What should I know about? Where do I start from, accommodation, flight, etc.

My school is in Toronto (York Uni) and I won't mind a shared apartment. Any group? Thanks
You can't work till start of class. The earlier you book the flight, the cheaper it is normally. Accomodation can usually be sorted once you land though you can start scouting before you arrive on kijiji and other sites

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 1:38am On Mar 06, 2023
Tonidablaze:
Hello, greetings to you nice meeting you, I'm
Tony, I'm interested but I don't really know where to start from... I don't mind if you can be of help, thanks.
Check page 1 of this thread
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tcrown2020(f): 3:07am On Mar 06, 2023
Please, my people What can a fresh graduate with ordinary pass in Chemistry & maths education study in Canada. ? Asking for a friend .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Legacyedition: 3:11am On Mar 06, 2023
Enddystar:

I used a courier service to send and receive mine. I know they mentioned that in-person collection is temporarily on hold. I sent mine to Abuja. You can call or chat with them via the link below

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/contact-us

Hi,

Do you meant you've received back your passport? I believe you got ppr on Wednesday. Kindly shed more light. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SLOVFO(m): 3:55am On Mar 06, 2023
Hello good people, please where can I get the official conversion rate for Canadian dollars Vs Naira? I have gotten so many suggestions from guides that I am left confused. What rate can I use ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kensmoney(m): 7:05am On Mar 06, 2023
SLOVFO:
Hello good people, please where can I get the official conversion rate for Canadian dollars Vs Naira? I have gotten so many suggestions from guides that I am left confused. What rate can I use ?

https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=31000&From=CAD&To=NGN
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Prosperkossy: 7:12am On Mar 06, 2023
Please guys while sending webform, must you use the email you used for your visa application or any email can serve
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Drepee: 8:05am On Mar 06, 2023
Enddystar:
To my experienced brothers & sisters here, please what next after PPR? I had wanted to travel now against September but someone suggested I'll not be able to work until the school enrolls me. In that case, I will have to wait.

What should I know about? Where do I start from, accommodation, flight, etc.

My school is in Toronto (York Uni) and I won't mind a shared apartment. Any group? Thanks
pls can we connect I’m also starting studies in Toronto by September but I’d like to travel this period. How can I contact you?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by InnoReborn: 8:18am On Mar 06, 2023
Tgbengus151:
So guys, the Whatsapp group has eventually being created and we are currently 6 in number, so if you are also a prospective student of Fanshawe college and you feel interested in joining the group, you can hit me up through the mail or quote this post.

Thank you.

Hey bro. I sent you a mail. Add up.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 8:26am On Mar 06, 2023
joefit4gur:
CBSA Notes finally arrived. Please help share your thoughts. @Bobomaigida, @Frankrobbn1, @olokings, @bullstriker, @johnstan

2 year course, CAD3000 deposit plus 47KCAD POF. I've made some deductions, most if not all of the funds is from crypto, true I gave limited evidence in the first application, using screenshots from the app. I will use the website now, so the funds are more traceable. Do I still need to get an income tax cert for this? I submitted personal and business bank statements. Now I only want to submit just one personal account with all the funds required.

xxxxx[/i]
I have reviewed the application. I have considered the following factors in my decision. The applicant's assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for the applicant (and any accompanying family members), if applicable).

Banking transactions history provided.

Detailed bank statements show overall low funds.
Financial information is not supported with evidence of income tax paid nor pay slips, for the bank statement balances on file.
Limited evidence pertaining to the source on stated funds.

In the absence of satisfactory documentation showing the source of these funds, I am not satisfied the applicant has sufficient funds for the intended international study.

Low funds in both PA's personal and business accounts.
Last page (final day's entries) missing from PA's personal account.
Account summary indicates a closing balance that would be achieved by a bulk deposit of over 10 million Nigerian Naria.

Based on the financial documents submitted. I am not satisfied that the applicant has sufficient funds to pay for living expenses for the proposed studies.

A minimum tuition payment was paid (proof on provided LOA) and receipt was provided in the original documentation. Since the school fees for the first academic year were not paid in full, and without a proper bank document to establish the current available funds. I am not satisfied that the applicant had sufficient funds to support themselves for the duration of their studies.

Weighing these factors in this application, I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay.

For the reasons above. I have refused this application.

xxxx[i]

I think you just have to work on the sources of fund part, though the fund is available, the sources is being doubted, once you show clearly where the funds come from, you would have successfully tackled the issues. I also align with the other advice from Johnstan.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by isangjohnson: 8:34am On Mar 06, 2023
Please, I'll like to be added to Conestoga college group with this number 0806 522 4723.
I've gotten LOA.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jojocrawch: 9:13am On Mar 06, 2023
Hello Distinguished Ladies and gentlemen
Cape Brenton university perspectives Please how long did it take to get an admission offer?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Manydethink: 9:26am On Mar 06, 2023
So I want to thank the God of Zion ministry. Ofucharafancha, okwucharafancha and omecharafancha. For my PPR. That came out last week. My Timeline

Biometrics 20th Dec 2022
Biometrics updated 21st Dec 2022
Medical request 6th February 2023
Medical done 21st Feb 2023
PPR 27th Feb 2023

I want to thank Almighty God for his faithfulness. I will come back to list my documents submitted cos they were much but I got must of the info on the documents submitted on this platform , but note I was self sponsored and I used a microfinance bank acct and a supporting account from my spouse MBS. It was done by an agent and they are very good.

I pray for every other PPR hopefuls for a testimony like mine. Amen

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Eniolakate: 9:54am On Mar 06, 2023
Hello All,

Please help me

I'll be 37 this year. I am married and we have a child.
I studied B.Sc Accounting at EKSU and graduated in 2011
I worked in the investment department of a bank between 2014 - December 2017. Since then, I did not get a corporate job so I started my own business (just a small one so no tax payment so far, and the business is registered in my husband's name)
I did TEF in 2021, and I scored CLB 6 so I had to stop my Express Entry race.
Now, I want to take the study route to Canada (but I am no longer interested in Accounting. I want to study Business Analytics.
Recently, I registered for a 6-month Google course on Project Management which I hope to finish in August. (I would have chosen a Business Analytics Google course but I couldn't find one so I picked the closest which is PM)

Other details:
My blood sister is sponsoring me for three-quarters of the money needed to study in Canada, while my husband is sponsoring me for the rest.

My questions:
1. Will the school/VO accept my transition from Accounting to Business Analytics? By then, I'll also be presenting my Google certificate for the Project Management course
2. I want to apply for a 2-year college diploma and not a Graduate Certificate since I'm transitioning.
3. Can I still meet up with Sept 2023 admissions or should I just focus on Jan 2024?
4. Which colleges can I try, please? It seems most colleges are not offering the exact course (Business Analytics).
5. I live outside Nigeria and I have applied for a Permanent Resident Permit in my country of residence. This may take 3 years to come out. I have a receipt and dashboard to print out for the VO. But is this enough home-ties to show? (We do not have any property in Nigeria or here. Although my husband has a corporate job and his own business registered in his name here)
6. or can we acquire a small piece of land in the village in Nigeria maybe by June, is that enough for home-ties?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by femmybet(f): 9:55am On Mar 06, 2023
Ask your sponsor to apply for mybankstatement where he will be issued an e-ticket

Republic001:
Pls house my sponsor is using first bank am about to use his account for POF buh the bank told me dia soft copy doesn't have electronic sign and stamped they all they do is provide soft copy but it won't be signed and stamped unless I wud get the hardcopy and scan which wud be bulky and stressful..pls wahh do u advice I do can I use the soft copy like that or what
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dampops(m): 9:57am On Mar 06, 2023
Good morning folks...please is there anyone that has done WES transcript verification at Unibadan...i'll like to know what the process is like. Does WES send an email to the school with the transcript attached or is it a surface mail? Kindly assist with information...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolifefun: 10:34am On Mar 06, 2023
Tcrown2020:
Please, my people What can a fresh graduate with ordinary pass in Chemistry & maths education study in Canada. ? Asking for a friend .
apply to college with your WAEC result. Forget about the Certificate with Ordinary Pass
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiomaMC: 10:41am On Mar 06, 2023
Please can you explain this GIC to me? what is it? and how does it serve as a proof of fund?

Welsh2np:

Ideally a 4-months bank statement is required which should show a balanced, well-explained inflow of funds.
However if lump sums come into the account, you can do well to explain the source of the funds and importantly provide proofs/evidences of the source of funds.

Then you can also explore the options of GIC. This one does not require the funds to stay there for 4Months
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Republic001: 10:45am On Mar 06, 2023
Pls house....have submitted my father's CAC, tax receipt, and all his documents as a business...is it compulsory I add any of his land documents or asset to it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jennifer6563: 10:45am On Mar 06, 2023
Good day everyone, please what are the documents I need to send to North Atlantic for my admission decision to be made...Please help a sister
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolifefun: 10:48am On Mar 06, 2023
Eniolakate:
Hello All,

Please help me

I'll be 37 this year. I am married and we have a child.
I studied B.Sc Accounting at EKSU and graduated in 2011
I worked in the investment department of a bank between 2014 - December 2017. Since then, I did not get a corporate job so I started my own business (just a small one so no tax payment so far, and the business is registered in my husband's name)
I did TEF in 2021, and I scored CLB 6 so I had to stop my Express Entry race.
Now, I want to take the study route to Canada (but I am no longer interested in Accounting. I want to study Business Analytics.
Recently, I registered for a 6-month Google course on Project Management which I hope to finish in August. (I would have chosen a Business Analytics Google course but I couldn't find one so I picked the closest which is PM)

Other details:
My blood sister is sponsoring me for three-quarters of the money needed to study in Canada, while my husband is sponsoring me for the rest.

My questions:
1. Will the school/VO accept my transition from Accounting to Business Analytics? By then, I'll also be presenting my Google certificate for the Project Management course
2. I want to apply for a 2-year college diploma and not a Graduate Certificate since I'm transiting. Does this make sense? Or should I go for the Graduate Certificate
3. Can I still meet up with Sept 2023 admissions or should I just focus on Jan 2024?
4. Which colleges can I try, please? It seems most colleges are not offering the exact course (Business Analytics). Centennial college has but it's called "Business Analytics - Canadian context" which I think may be a red flag as the VO may think that I do not want to return to my country. Or what do you think?
5. I live outside Nigeria and I have applied for a Permanent Resident Permit in my country of residence. This may take 3 years to come out. I have a receipt and dashboard to print out for the VO. But is this enough home-ties to show? (We do not have any property in Nigeria or here. Although my husband has a corporate job and his own business registered in his name here)
6. What if we are able to acquire a small piece of land in the village in Nigeria maybe by June, is that enough for home-ties?
for swift response, I advice you ask one or two questions at a time

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (886) (887) (888) (889) (890) (891) (892) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.