Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (898) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1221903 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (895) (896) (897) (898) (899) (900) (901) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by richard69(m): 10:53pm On Mar 08, 2023
richard69:
which of the campuses pls?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cutieflaky: 11:05pm On Mar 08, 2023
Reading this gives me hope of expecting an update on my own. Though an agent is doing mine, he submitted in the month of September but he called in January to inform me that he had to withdraw and reapply maybe because it was taking long or something. He said I should be expecting update by April but sincerely I'm tired of the wait and hoping to hear from him this month. If your wife's student application could take less than a month, then I'm hopeful. I only come to nairaland to keep hope alivešŸ˜ƒ.

Congratulations to your wifešŸŽ‰

[colour=#006600][/color]
Japh11:
PPR Alert for my wife!!!
God have done it ohhh...What we've waited for has come to pass. It's a long story.
1st Application for Visitors visa on January 2022, got refusal on March 30 ,2022. Reapplied on 1st April, 2022
Eligibility review started on June, 2022, pending till date.
2nd Application for SOWP on November 11,
Did upfront medical on 9th November, 2022
Eligibility started on 5th March 2023, no final decision yet.
3rd Application for Study Permit on 13 February 2023
Medical updated to pass on 6th March 2023
Didn't see when it went into eligibility.
PPR on 7th March 2023

God that did it for us will visit everyone in Jesus name. We are in the month of marching Forward.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GloriaBekee: 12:20am On Mar 09, 2023
Please between qlife and iom which is better, for medicals
@ johnstan
Who know oooo??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by joefit4gur(m): 12:26am On Mar 09, 2023
Will be reapplying soon. Wish me luck! I'm for Fall 2023 sha.

prunchee:
Hello everyone
PPR in January
I will be going to Red River College Monitoba for January 2024 winter session. Anyone who will like to connect or is there any WhatsApp or Telegram group I can join for networking purposes. I will really appreciate .
Thanks
Congratulations to everyone who have gotten their PPR
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by deejay123: 12:43am On Mar 09, 2023
Hello house! Please kindly help! I'm applying for a Master in Engineering, I have a 2-2 in my undergraduate and a Masters degree but I want to apply for masters in another field so that I can get a chance of getting the admission. Please what is my chance of getting admitted into Canadian university and also passing the Visa processing. Since it a Masters in another field of engineering. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 1:11am On Mar 09, 2023
Danilvex:

Same here too university of Manitoba. How can we get in contact
Same here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ActivatedDreams: 1:26am On Mar 09, 2023
deejay123:
Hello house! Please kindly help! I'm applying for a Master in Engineering, I have a 2-2 in my undergraduate and a Masters degree but I want to apply for masters in another field so that I can get a chance of getting the admission. Please what is my chance of getting admitted into Canadian university and also passing the Visa processing. Since it a Masters in another field of engineering. Thanks

Iā€™m also a masters in Engineering applicant, some schools require you to have a minimum of 70-75% in your last 2years of study or in your last 60 units. So kindly check your transcript and do your calculations before applying
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChubaKC: 3:34am On Mar 09, 2023
ChubaKC:

Good morning Everyone,
My good people Iā€™ve just gotten my gcms note which is attached below stating; low opening balance and large closing balance, lump sum deposit, limited source of funds evidence and no tuition deposit; as reasons for the refusal.
Pls this time Iā€™ll like to ask;

1) using the same account statement, starting from where I have large opening balance and closing at current balance (say Oct 12 to March 12). Is it ok?

2) explaining the lump sums which came from my private practice and salary savings; attaching
a) my bank statement showing 8.5m which indicated monies from clients, 2m gift from wife, transfer from my salary account and transfer from corporate account of our registered company.
b) award letters of ongoing projects from clients summing up to like 45m,
c) recent pay slip from current employer,
d) gift deed from wife as sponsor, letter and affidavit of sponsorship from wife,
e) company registration docs and tax certificate, letter and affidavit of sponsorship from our registered company stating annual support of 25000CAD, signed by my wife.

Will this be enough to explain these lump sums and sources of funds?

3) Iā€™ll transfer 5m from company account to wife then have her gift me 2m and pay tuition of about 3m from her account as I said before. But then, Having this accumulated balance of 8.5 for 1year expenses as transferred into my own account from wife/company with the above documents from spouse (sponsor) and company, is it ok?

4) I donā€™t really want to include wifeā€™s bank statement nor company account statement cos they have low balance, believing that the gift deed from wife, tax documents from company, plus letters and affidavit of sponsorship from both, will be enough. Pls I need your candid opinions.

5) I also want to pay full one year tuition possibly from wifeā€™s account and indicate that in my LOE to show her commitment in supporting me. I hope this is ok

6) if my wife successfully sponsor me, will it affect her chances of coming through sowp after Iā€™ve been approved?

7) if I must include wife account statement; sourcing for POF (assets liquidation) of like 5m from banks into her account within few days to my application, including BOD resolution instructing that and the certificate of liquidation. Will it be a red flag šŸš©?

cool It seems the VO did not consider my University funding of 2000 CAD monthly minimum. Though this maybe cos in my previous application, I said ā€œmy expenses in Canada will be paid by MYSELF ā€œ. This time I hope itā€™ll be ok to say my expenses will be paid by; Myself, my spouse, university funding, my business.

9) Again, pls what figure do I put as ā€œamount available for my stay in Canadaā€? Is it;
(my 8.5m + tuition amount + total annual funding + amount of expected support from business)

10) pls is mobile app generated bank statement accepted for POF? I realize it has lower mb than scanned statements. I normally hear about ā€œMBSā€, are they the same?

11) having the above details, my people, will anyone encourage me to apply together with my family again? šŸ™„

Sincerely my people, my health and emotions have been down since this refusal, I humbly need your full support to achieve this pls.
@bullstriker and experts in the house pls help me, I beg.

Good morning everyone,
Thank you so much for your comments so far.
Pls I still need your replies in support of my new application. Especially on questions 4, 6, 7, 10 & 11.
I really need the support of you all pls.

Notable gurus on this platform donā€™t ignore this pls. I really appreciate hearing from you @bullstriker, @makano, @babamegida and so many others pls.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by gunvi: 4:39am On Mar 09, 2023
Good morning my people.... Have been trying to do a pre payment tuition fee on my student application through Gtb mastercard based on the link given by the school but to my surprise its declining my transaction. How do I pay now??. I'm at a cross road. Thanks wiseones.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JESUSSON1: 6:34am On Mar 09, 2023
Ohk.
MARINA49:
Bsc. Statistics and I didn't change my program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JESUSSON1: 6:36am On Mar 09, 2023
With Naira mastercard or dollar mastercard. Only dollar mastercard can go. Cheers!!
gunvi:
Good morning my people.... Have been trying to do a pre payment tuition fee on my student application through Gtb mastercard based on the link given by the school but to my surprise its declining my transaction. How do I pay now??. I'm at a cross road. Thanks wiseones.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kensmoney(m): 7:39am On Mar 09, 2023
gunvi:

Is it a naira card?
If yes, you can't use naira card for international payment,
Option 1. Download payday app on store, then make use of the app.
Option 2. Open dollar account, request for ATM card, then use to make payments
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dampops(m): 7:42am On Mar 09, 2023
Good morning peopleā€¦Iā€™ll like to ask if anyone has had to change schools after getting his or her study permit approval/letter of introduction at POE(before traveling and resumption)? Someone said if you need to change your school after getting your LOI and before traveling, you will have to apply for another study permit. Is this correct? Does any of our gurus have experience to share on this?
Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by diamondlee: 7:50am On Mar 09, 2023
ChiomaMC:
Please my people
I'm confused ooo. On generating my deposit fee invoice from my school portal which is through ICBC student pay, it was stated that I take the invoice to my bank or online and payment must be initiated on or before 7th March. I used this invoice to fill my Form A (I'm sure that's the next thing to do), which has not been processed yet. My question is since it takes up to two months for Form A to be processed, and definitely the fees won't get to CIBC by 7th March, what happens next?. Or does the Form A that I have filled suffice this period time frame they gave on my fee invoice? I don't understand this things abeg

Hi, I think you can proceed with the Form A (which usually takes about 8weeks to process), after which you can send the debit advice (this you get from your bank) to your school to check their account for your tuition deposit.
I did the same, i was given 72hrs to make the bank wire transfer but I filled the details in my Form A and waited for my bank to do the transfer.

I will attach the email that was sent to the school and the reply (although it took the 2days to reply with the confirmation).
But itā€™s just my opinion, I am no Expert. Thanks.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by diamondlee: 8:55am On Mar 09, 2023
JDB55:
I included the evidence of the first semester tuition deposit i made, i submitted my CAC cert, tax clearance & past transactions with clients. As for Lump-sum (I don't think there are any), my account is always busy- money goes in and out on a daily basis.

Iā€™m really sorry for your refusal but I have a question.
Did you get the refusal letter via email or it was from your portal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolifefun: 9:06am On Mar 09, 2023
Dampops:
Good morning peopleā€¦Iā€™ll like to ask if anyone has had to change schools after getting his or her study permit approval/letter of introduction at POE(before traveling and resumption)? Someone said if you need to change your school after getting your LOI and before traveling, you will have to apply for another study permit. Is this correct? Does any of our gurus have experience to share on this?
Thanks in advance
the best is to change school when you get to Canada and not at POE

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by prunchee(f): 9:07am On Mar 09, 2023
rahmeekadigz:
Going to redriver college for August 2023 intake

Is there a way we can connect or a group I can join for more information?
šŸ˜ŠšŸ˜Š
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by danherb: 9:11am On Mar 09, 2023
My people, pls I want to confirm the exchange rate payday uses. I want to submit my visa application next week. @makano, @johnstan
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolifefun: 9:12am On Mar 09, 2023
JDB55:
I included the evidence of the first semester tuition deposit i made, i submitted my CAC cert, tax clearance & past transactions with clients. As for Lump-sum (I don't think there are any), my account is always busy- money goes in and out on a daily basis.
Tuition Deposit does not guarantee visa but doing the right thing. I mean submission of necessary documents. With prayers, God will do it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by prunchee(f): 9:12am On Mar 09, 2023
joefit4gur:
Will be reapplying soon. Wish me luck! I'm for Fall 2023 sha.

Good luck to you. It will end in praise šŸ™šŸ¼šŸ™šŸ¼šŸ™šŸ¼
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dayjeee(m): 10:04am On Mar 09, 2023
danherb:
My people, pls I want to confirm the exchange rate payday uses. I want to submit my visa application next week. @makano, @johnstan
like 750 per USD

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Teejackz11009: 10:26am On Mar 09, 2023
Good day guys.Please is there anyone that applied to Seneca college and does anyone has the seneca whatsapp group
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiomaMC: 10:29am On Mar 09, 2023
Thanks, my worries now is meeting up to the deadline of April 1st, cos the school has refused to extend my payment deadline.
Well, let me have hopes.

diamondlee:

Hi, I think you can proceed with the Form A (which usually takes about 8weeks to process), after which you can send the debit advice (this you get from your bank) to your school to check their account for your tuition deposit.
I did the same, i was given 72hrs to make the bank wire transfer but I filled the details in my Form A and waited for my bank to do the transfer.

I will attach the email that was sent to the school and the reply (although it took the 2days to reply with the confirmation).
But itā€™s just my opinion, I am no Expert. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HAminat(f): 10:35am On Mar 09, 2023
gunvi:

This sound like you were trying to make a dollar transaction. If I am right, you should try using cardify dollar card. You can create your cardify dollar card and then fund it with whatever amount in Naira. It is kinda easy.

Try it @ cardify.co
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by blazetitov: 10:38am On Mar 09, 2023
makano:
The only time using a sponsor is a problem is when you are not using your parents as sponsors or ur siblings.

3rd party sponsors like Uncles, Bosses, Aunties, Lecturers e.t.c won't fly if you are not really convincing of their commitments to your study and stay in Canada...

There is nothing wrong in using a sponsor, dont be misled.

Peace

I used an aunt-in-law as sponsor. That's my wife's aunt and my application was approved. It is important to convince the VO as you rightly submitted.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 10:40am On Mar 09, 2023
Winnerpoks:
Good morning, is there anyone going to centennial college (First week April) Morningside college? A friend needs to meet you please tag this message. Female only please

??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by prunchee(f): 10:57am On Mar 09, 2023
rahmeekadigz:
Going to redriver college for August 2023 intake

Honestly I donā€™t know why my messages to be added to the Red River College WhatsApp/Telegram group are being deleted on this Nairaland group. I am not an agent, I have never solicited for anything from anyone.
I only want to connect and network with people going to same school. I keep wondering if I have committed any crime or taboo in asking that allows for my messages to be deleted.
You can check my profile and since I have been on Nairaland since 2019, I have not more than 15 posts on Nairaland in general.
Just said to air my concern.
Please I am open for any WhatsApp/Telegram group, I have some personal questions I need clarity on .
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 09, 2023
ChiomaMC:
Hei, which course? I have for September Fleming college.
I'm using Form A, but if you have money, black market is faster obviously.

I was also accepted to Fleming college, if I pay through CIBC do I still need a form A? I really donā€™t understand please can someone explain

(1) (2) (3) ... (895) (896) (897) (898) (899) (900) (901) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.