Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,943 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (959) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1219835 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (956) (957) (958) (959) (960) (961) (962) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 6:45pm On Mar 27, 2023
TradeSunMoore:

You change your naira to USD here . When you get to Canada you change the USD to CAD. Do not change at the airport in Canada. Get to your destination before changing you get better rate.
Pls can u explain better how this works?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by WhatGodcannotdo: 6:53pm On Mar 27, 2023
Good afternoon,
Please is there anyone here (usask student) who want to share acomodation with me? (Female)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 6:57pm On Mar 27, 2023
Youthmaster1:
And pls what should I pick here
Academia
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by benedictuyi(m): 6:57pm On Mar 27, 2023
Welsh2np:

Which school does a year consist of 2semesters
It doesn't. But session and year are often used interchangeably
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Omowunmi2023(f): 7:02pm On Mar 27, 2023
Welsh2np:

Which school does a year consist of 2semesters
that should be 4 right? Then it will be 17500cad *4 abi? That’s crazy 😢
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by benedictuyi(m): 7:05pm On Mar 27, 2023
Omowunmi2023:
that should be 4 right? Then it will be 17500cad *4 abi? That’s crazy 😢
2 yrs program often means 2 sessions

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by naxee9294: 7:11pm On Mar 27, 2023
Thestarbear:
Does anyone know when I'll get the letter of introduction? I've already sent my passport
after your passport has been stamped they goin send it to you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolifefun: 7:29pm On Mar 27, 2023
Damola16:
Please I just got Letter of Acceptance from NBCC, but I want to change my course, before I start my visa application, is it possible
are you sure of getting LOA for the course? My advice is that you process your visa and change course when you get to Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TradeSunMoore: 7:39pm On Mar 27, 2023
Bamz555:

Pls can u explain better how this works?
I guess you asked the initial question with respect to some little sum you intend to use in settl9 down in canada. If so. buy some USD from mallam and take along.

Large sums like school fees and upkeep are better done through form A at official rate even though the waiting time is now 3month as we all know.

Whatever you do just ensure that you declare the USD if you are travelling with amount up to 10K USD.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jay130: 7:40pm On Mar 27, 2023
Good day house
I’d like to ask a question .
The account I want to use for POF currently has about 4m. After I’ve been debited the form A Tuition I’d be left with around 2m… so I plan on taking a loan of 4m which will backed up with documents making 6m.
So I’ve another 3m in a separate account which i’ll like to transfer into the POF account .
My question is, since I still have a long time to submit my application (probably like 2-3months time) can I start transferring the money into the account now like 50k or 100k daily until I’m able to transfer the whole 3m.. won’t it raise any suspicion?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2surelady: 7:47pm On Mar 27, 2023
I will be going to SENECA.Let’s connect.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MaameU: 7:55pm On Mar 27, 2023
Seniors, I need urgent help on behalf of a dear family friend (who we will refer to as Mr. C) . His study permit was refused after just 10 days of applying. In fact, I was so confident he will get it because I had recently guided not just one but 3 other friends who have a similar profile to that of Mr. C and they successfully had their study permits. The only difference is they were younger than Mr. C and were married with no kids. Mr. C is married with kids, has properties in his name (cars and lands and farms). He paid first semester fees and had a balance of not less than CAD 20,000 in his account. His program was for only 1 year. Here is what was given as reason for refusal. I had helped him tackle all these reasons in the SOP but I guess it was not enough. I am really at loss as I don't know what else to think of. Your advise will be very much appreciated so I can better guide Mr. C. I am really feeling crushed because I had high hopes for this.

•I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/
section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.
• You have limited employment possibilities in your country of residence
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 8:07pm On Mar 27, 2023
MaameU:
Seniors, I need urgent help on behalf of a dear family friend (who we will refer to as Mr. C) . His study permit was refused after just 10 days of applying. In fact, I was so confident he will get it because I had recently guided not just one but 3 other friends who have a similar profile to that of Mr. C and they successfully had their study permits. The only difference is they were younger than Mr. C and were married with no kids. Mr. C is married with kids, has properties in his name (cars and lands and farms). He paid first semester fees and had a balance of not less than CAD 20,000 in his account. His program was for only 1 year. Here is what was given as reason for refusal. I had helped him tackle all these reasons in the SOP but I guess it was not enough. I am really at loss as I don't know what else to think of. Your advise will be very much appreciated so I can better guide Mr. C. I am really feeling crushed because I had high hopes for this.

•I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/
section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.
• You have limited employment possibilities in your country of residence

The refusal reason is related to the course of study and Mr C's current career, according to the Vo, it does not seem to be related, and building on that it means whatever course he is going for will not help him whenever he comes back to Nigeria.
Please shed more light on the course of study and his present work.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 8:09pm On Mar 27, 2023
Jay130:
Good day house
The account I want to use for POF currently has about 4m. After I’ve been debited the form A Tuition I’d be left with around 2m… so I plan on taking a loan of 4m which will backed up with documents making 6m.
So I’ve another 3m in a separate account which i’ll like to transfer into the POF account .
My question is, since I still have a long time to submit my application (probably like 2-3months time) can I start transferring the money into the account now like 50k or 100k daily until I’m able to transfer the whole 3m.. won’t it raise any suspicion?

No need to transfer the 3m to the account, if the account is fully yours without lump sum then generate the statement and add it to your documents. If you start moving 50k daily it will look like the funds are being moved for demonstration purposes

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MaameU: 8:33pm On Mar 27, 2023
Thanks for the your analysis which could be very right. Mr. C is an accountant by profession and has a Masters in Finance but currently managing his own farm businesses. He chose a Graduate certificate in Business Analytics as his course of study. It is worth noting that one of the people I had guided recently who is actually in Canada now also chose the same Certificate program and also had the same Masters in Finance and I think that's why Mr. C insisted on choosing the same course except that this other person works for an NGO. One other factor I am also thinking of is age. Mr C is in his 50s but these others I guided to get their permits are in their 30s. Could age be silently playing a big role here?

Bobomaigida:

The refusal reason is related to the course of study and Mr C's current career, according to the Vo, it does not seem to be related, and building on that it means whatever course he is going for will not help him whenever he comes back to Nigeria.
Please shed more light on the course of study and his present work.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Heritagebib: 8:52pm On Mar 27, 2023
@bullstriker, I have searched tirelessly for a "2yrs" program I have not seen o. Can you please help??
I am a sales representative for 13yrs with a science background, can I choose business administration-marketing major??
Is it my waec result I will use to apply or bsc result?
Abeg make Una help me o...

[b][/b][color=#006600][/color]Fanshawe College Logo
Fanshawe College

Expand Search: the search bar will appear on the top of the page for you to search the content of the site.
BUSINESS - MARKETING (CO-OP)
BREADCRUMB
Programs and Courses Business - Marketing (Co-op) Next Year
Fanshawe marketing student working on laptop in classroom
2022/2023
2023/2024
JUMP TO SECTION

Overview
Program Details
Admission Requirements
Courses
Tuition Summary
Contact/Questions
PROGRAM OVERVIEW
This two-year business marketing co-op diploma program is designed for those looking to gain strong foundational skills to work within the marketing industry. Not only will you take courses in traditional and digital marketing concepts, market research, customer analysis and communications, but you’ll also gain an understanding of accounting and economics. You’ll graduate with confidence and a knowledge base to kickstart an exciting and successful marketing career.
PROGRAM DETAILS
Program Code
BMK2
Credential:
Ontario College Diploma
Duration
60 weeks
Canadian Students
International Students
START DATES
LOCATIONS
AVAILABILITY
Full Time Offerings
2024 January
London
Open
2024 March
London
Open
2024 May
London
Open
SHOW MORE (5)
Information for International Students
Connect With Us
Apply Now
YOUR LEARNING EXPERIENCE
This business marketing co-op program covers customer analysis, segmentation and targeting; integrated marketing communications; pricing and distribution strategies; and product and service development and management. Experiential learning includes market research studies, advertising campaigns, sales and business plans, many providing opportunities to work with live clients. You’ll also learn to use current software, including presentation, spreadsheet, graphic design and publishing applications.

Graduates who meet admission requirements are also eligible for transfer to the Business Administration - Marketing Advanced Diploma or the Honours Bachelor of Commerce (Digital Marketing) Degree.

A fully online version of the business marketing program, full-time or part-time, is also available.

CEWIL Canada: Co-operative education and work-integrated learning.This program is accredited by Co-operative Education and Work Integrated Learning Canada. This accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for co-operative education programs in Canada, and recognizes Fanshawe's commitment to excellence.

SHOWCO-OP OPPORTUNITIES & CAREER INFORMATION
SHOWPROGRAM PROGRESSION
"Thank you Fanshawe for giving me my beginning to make a better future for myself. Thank you for hiring amazing teachers, who give great projects, and encourage students to strive for their dreams. Thanks for making my dream, a reality."
Carleigh Lewis
Graduate 2011

SHOWLEARNING OUTCOMES

RELATED PROGRAMS
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - MARKETING
MARKETING MANAGEMENT
HONOURS BACHELOR OF COMMERCE (DIGITAL MARKETING)
PUBLIC RELATIONS - CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS
Academic School
Lawrence Kinlin School of Business
Program Coordinator:
Mathew Schonewille, BA, B.Ed, MTEI

Academic Advisor:
Katie Helmeczy

Pathways
Transfer Opportunities

Study & Work Abroad

ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
OSSD with courses from the College (C), University (U),
University/College (M), or Open (O) stream WITH:
- Any Grade 12 English (C) or (U)
- Mathematics* ONE OF:
- Any Grade 12 Mathematics (C) or (U)
- Any Grade 11 Mathematics (C), (U), or (M)
(Note: a minimum final grade of 60 required for any Grade 11 Mathematics course)
OR
Academic and Career Entrance Certificate (ACE)
OR
Ontario High School Equivalency Certificate (GED) AND:
- Mathematics* ONE OF:
- Any Grade 12 Mathematics (C) or (U)
- Any Grade 11 Mathematics (C), (U), or (M)
(Note: a minimum final grade of 60 required for any Grade 11 Mathematics course)
OR
Mature Applicant with standing in the required courses and grade stated above

Note:
*Applicants who lack the required Mathematics may still gain eligibility for admission by completing appropriate prior upgrading[b][/b]

bullstriker:

Since you are not a recent graduate, go for a program related to your present occupation. Biotech and Biomed are lucrative, but you will have challenges establishing the program's relevance to your present and career path.

Most schools require a 2.1 for masters; others consider a 2.2 if you did well in the last two years.

Don’t go for another degree to avoid the issue of redundancy unless you have a well-defined reason. Instead, go for a post-graduate cert or diploma.

The 10-year gap is not an issue.

Most schools exempt Nigerian graduates from taking IELTS.

Some years ago, most people preferred Atlantic provinces because their programs were favourable to temporary residents. Now, most provinces have PNP tailored for students and workers in their province. So, for now, focus on getting your study permit; you can go for a 2-yr program to get a 3-yr PGWP. Three years is enough time to accumulate the required Canadian work experience.

‘Quick’ PR depends on factors like Language test score, level of education completed, work experience, age, relatives in Canada etc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 8:53pm On Mar 27, 2023
MaameU:
Thanks for the your analysis which could be very right. Mr. C is an accountant by profession and has a Masters in Finance but currently managing his own farm businesses. He chose a Graduate certificate in Business Analytics as his course of study. It is worth noting that one of the people I had guided recently who is actually in Canada now also chose the same Certificate program and also had the same Masters in Finance and I think that's why Mr. C insisted on choosing the same course except that this other person works for an NGO. One other factor I am also thinking of is age. Mr C is in his 50s but these others I guided to get their permits are in their 30s. Could age be silently playing a big role here?

Firstly, apply for the CBSA GCMS notes.

I do not think it is the age, though some VOs think going for a GC course after getting a Masters is non career progression. So the new SOP has to rewritten to show the importance of the GC to his business that he planning to come back to in Nigeria. Infact everything he writes should find a way to how it will impact his farm business. He might state that the GC will give him modern insights that were not available when he acquired the masters, that the GC will help navigate the climate change and access to market for his farm products and how it will help up scale the farm to produce goods that can be exported etc.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MaameU: 9:28pm On Mar 27, 2023
This is really helpful advise. We will do as suggested.

Bobomaigida:

Firstly, apply for the CBSA GCMS notes.

I do not think it is the age, though some VOs think going for a GC course after getting a Masters is non career progression. So the new SOP has to rewritten to show the importance of the GC to his business that he planning to come back to in Nigeria. Infact everything he writes should find a way to how it will impact his farm business. He might state that the GC will give him modern insights that were not available when he acquired the masters, that the GC will help navigate the climate change and access to market for his farm products and how it will help up scale the farm to produce goods that can be exported etc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Qasak(m): 9:58pm On Mar 27, 2023
Hello all please I have just been sent request to submit my passport . Please I be super novice and don’t want to make any mistakes. Can you please walk me through on the process of submitting my passport for the study permit visa. Also I applied for work work co op also don’t know if that would make any changes in my application process. Eagerly waiting on your response.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ourunivibes(m): 10:57pm On Mar 27, 2023
Tolifefun:
are you sure of getting LOA for the course? My advice is that you process your visa and change course when you get to Canada

Omo that's my situation now o. Conestoga college but its a 2 year program. Mehn the pof wahala will be much on me. Can anyone suggest anything for me please...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ourunivibes(m): 10:59pm On Mar 27, 2023
Jay130:
Good day house

Please how are you getting your loan. Can you share
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Swaggu002015: 11:15pm On Mar 27, 2023
Hello everyone, please is there anyone here that has applied to Thompson rivers Uni and has gained admission? I'm asking cause I'm seeing a 5kcad non refundable tuition fee
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Swaggu002015: 11:20pm On Mar 27, 2023
hello everyone, please i need options on schools with pgd/pgc on political science and international relations or related fields
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Swaggu002015: 11:24pm On Mar 27, 2023
JESUSSON1:
What course did u do in bachelor program?. I don't think getting admission there is that difficult, if u could meet their requirements. A friend of mine got admission there, but her own is two yrs diploma in business management

thanks for your response, i studied pol sci and intl rel
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolifefun: 11:31pm On Mar 27, 2023
ourunivibes:

Omo that's my situation now o. Conestoga college but its a 2 year program. Mehn the pof wahala will be much on me. Can anyone suggest anything for me please...
send me a mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by iwanvisityankee: 11:38pm On Mar 27, 2023
If one travels 1 or 2 weeks after school has resumed, will there be much problem at POE?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by harkintem(m): 11:41pm On Mar 27, 2023
TradeSunMoore:

You need health insurance for super visa, but not for study visa as you were rightly told. If you are going to Canada for school you do not need health insurance to apply for visa. HOWEVER you will be required to pay (about 1,000CAD)in some instance for health insurance during your school registration

Now I understand thank you I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 11:57pm On Mar 27, 2023
TradeSunMoore:

I guess you asked the initial question with respect to some little sum you intend to use in settl9 down in canada. If so. buy some USD from mallam and take along.

Large sums like school fees and upkeep are better done through form A at official rate even though the waiting time is now 3month as we all know.

Whatever you do just ensure that you declare the USD if you are travelling with amount up to 10K USD.
No. U said wait till when u get to Canada u can change ur money at good rate. Take for instance I have 20m in my account as POF that’s mine nd intend to travel with to use there. Do I have to change all 20m from here or there are ways to go about the exchange over der? That’s my question
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 12:09am On Mar 28, 2023
MaameU:

In my own opinion I think the career progression is the problem. Look at it dis way
1. He’s an accountant by profession. That’s just word of mouth nd certificate he does not work with it, at least from ur story nd I don’t think ders evidence that he has been making income or a life from accounting.
2. He has a masters in Finance which also he’s not making a career out of.
3. He’s managing his own farm nd making a career nd income out of it. Whatever program that will give him a best chance would be agricultural economics or anything that has to do with agriculture. That’s where he has experience nd has built a career nd business.
And as for his age, I don’t think it’s a problem even tho the VO that handled his application might have a personal reservation on it, but the next VO that will handle d second application might not. So try work on d program again nd pray for FAVOUR.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolifefun: 12:09am On Mar 28, 2023
iwanvisityankee:
If one travels 1 or 2 weeks after school has resumed, will there be much problem at POE?
Not at all but it depends on the school. Some allow students to resume class two weeks after resumption. Do your findings

(1) (2) (3) ... (956) (957) (958) (959) (960) (961) (962) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.