Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (965) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1246758 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (962) (963) (964) (965) (966) (967) (968) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Welsh2np: 6:24pm On Mar 29, 2023
iwanvisityankee:
Ok, hope they're also fast like DHL

They are quite slow to say the least!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Republic001: 6:27pm On Mar 29, 2023
Thank u my broda...God bless you.
Bobomaigida:

Hi Republic,

You will need to explain more about the lump sums in your next application, ideally you should provide receipts for those transactions, I think the VOs sometimes do not understand how business accounts works in Nigeria, I assume they will be asking why a business which is a separate entity will be sponsoring a third party(you). Though if you are able to write a convincing SOP you can beat this trap. In your next application
- Pay the full tuition
- Have you dad transfer the living expenses, flight tickets and miscellaneous funds to your account and do a gift deed or do a GIC.
- The other thing raised is your purpose of study, is the course related to your present job and what level of programme is it? Is there a career progression?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolifefun: 6:28pm On Mar 29, 2023
iwanvisityankee:
Ok cool, do you have idea about their charges.

I did my biometrics in Lagos but I will use them to send my passport to Abuja
you did biometrics in Lagos ,why send to Abuja, if i may ask. Send to where you did biometrics, you should get it within 10 or 15 days . You can use DHL If it is outside Lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nnamdi346: 6:35pm On Mar 29, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Do you mean you submitted physically at London?

If the application has not passed 10 weeks, which is the current processing time, then no need to be anxious.

Yes, physically in London

Is this 10 weeks you mentioned based on your experience or what is published on their website?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 7:08pm On Mar 29, 2023
nnamdi346:

Yes, physically in London

Is this 10 weeks you mentioned based on your experience or what is published on their website?

Based on their website.

So was your application a paper application or your submitted online?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nnamdi346: 7:27pm On Mar 29, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Based on their website.

So was your application a paper application or your submitted online?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 7:31pm On Mar 29, 2023
nnamdi346:

Okay just relax and face other things, when it passes 10 weeks you can start sending webform and emails.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Obiyochibudom: 8:17pm On Mar 29, 2023
Please what are they requirement’s for application of visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mrtoke: 9:01pm On Mar 29, 2023
Hi guys, I got a refusal today for insufficient fund even though we paid 4750 out of 10, 750 one year tuition program.

She also have 7.5million in her account ( ~cad22000), does it make sense to get refusal based on insufficient fund since she will only need 6000+10000 = cad 16000
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by iwanvisityankee: 9:34pm On Mar 29, 2023
Tolifefun:
you did biometrics in Lagos ,why send to Abuja, if i may ask. Send to where you did biometrics, you should get it within 10 or 15 days . You can use DHL If it is outside Lagos
I read on this thread that Abuja is faster (within 5 days)

DHL don't offer such service again. I don't have much time again as my school is resuming May 1. Medical appointment is April 3rd.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by iwanvisityankee: 9:53pm On Mar 29, 2023
zubizareta:
I have my medical booked with IOM on April 17th. When is it advisable I make payment for the medical. It's an upfront one.
Do I need to make payment now before that day to secure my appointment or I can make it fee days before the appointment date and my slot will still be secured??
Once you have been given a reference number, your appointment is booked/secured. You can make payment anytime

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by iwanvisityankee: 9:55pm On Mar 29, 2023
Welsh2np:

They are quite slow to say the least!!!
I don't get you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kobobay(m): 10:21pm On Mar 29, 2023
Please help a brother here, I have answered the security questions incorrectly, and I have been locked out, and can no longer have access to the account. Please what should I do, do I need to create another account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by simplysam007: 10:37pm On Mar 29, 2023
Please everyone in the house is their a WhatsApp group for Sheridan College or Naig
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ActivatedDreams: 12:11am On Mar 30, 2023
Mrtoke:
Hi guys, I got a refusal today for insufficient fund even though we paid 4750 out of 10, 750 one year tuition program.

She also have 7.5million in her account ( ~cad22000), does it make sense to get refusal based on insufficient fund since she will only need 6000+10000 = cad 16000

Sorry for your refusal you will definitely pull through again in no time.
How many years is the program you applied for ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TrumXray(m): 1:56am On Mar 30, 2023
@Bobmaigida,justwise, kindly educate more on this. Submitted First bank MBS for duration of (dec 1 to April 20) here I have 80% of the POF and 1 year MBS of GTB reaon being that there was changed in salary account due to job transitions. My concern is this, first bank is actually dec -march (4months) but in days it's not a complete 4 months. Anything to be worried about as I hv submitted the application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AkinlemibolaO24: 2:19am On Mar 30, 2023
Good morning everyone,

Please I need an advise, I will be using a GIC method for my living expense, my question is do I need to make a full payment for my first year school fees? And do I need to submit another account statement for the second year school fees?

I will appreciate your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chemicalibk: 2:32am On Mar 30, 2023
Mrtoke:

Sorry for the refusal. You can reapply. It will be approved
Can you please share when you submitted the application and you did biometrics
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by DandyJ: 3:07am On Mar 30, 2023
iwanvisityankee:
Once you have been given a reference number, your appointment is booked/secured. You can make payment anytime

Can payment be made by bank transfer?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 3:14am On Mar 30, 2023
deejay102:
why do you guys go for schools with very high tuition fees? Search deeper and don't be fixated on attending a school in a "woke" province or city.This is the reason 90% refusals. Enter and school wherever then port to the "woke" provinces. E ja ara yin na! undecided

Can you recommend schools with low tuition ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by iwanvisityankee: 5:40am On Mar 30, 2023
DandyJ:

Can payment be made by bank transfer?
yes. Then print out the transfer receipt

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolifefun: 5:44am On Mar 30, 2023
iwanvisityankee:
I read on this thread that Abuja is faster (within 5 days)

DHL don't offer such service again. I don't have much time again as my school is resuming May 1. Medical appointment is April 3rd.
you have not done medical, you have not got ppr and you want to resume by May. Only God sabi how it will go
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by iwanvisityankee: 6:28am On Mar 30, 2023
Tolifefun:
you have not done medical, you have not got ppr and you want to resume by May. Only God sabi how it will go
Lol, everything dey God hand now.

I'm being optimistic though

I will reserve this space for testimony grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Zemy: 6:49am On Mar 30, 2023
Pls is there any telegram link group for guidelines on how to apply afresh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Annidenobeh: 7:18am On Mar 30, 2023
Calmdancer21:

Can you recommend schools with low tuition ?
for bsc University of Prince Edward island is one of the cheapest(UPEI) tuition range is around 15k cad
For diploma courses college of the north Atlantic (CNA) tuition range is around 10k depending on the program
And holland college are also amongst the cheapest that i know of..I'm not so sure about Holland college but i know it's not as expensive as some major places
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 7:47am On Mar 30, 2023
Mrtoke:

Sorry for the refusal. But u sure need more than 16000cad if it is self sponsor. U need about 22k. That is 4k for miscellaneous nd 2k for return ticket shown. 7.5m = 22k on the dot.
So u might have to increase ur PoF some. And u need to explain the source of d funds sufficiently with evidence. If any lump sum explain in details. And for ur info, not all province has living expenses for 10,000cad. Some are 11,500. See ur LOA for info on that.
All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 7:51am On Mar 30, 2023
TrumXray:
@Bobmaigida,justwise, kindly educate more on this. Submitted First bank MBS for duration of (dec 1 to April 20) here I have 80% of the POF and 1 year MBS of GTB reaon being that there was changed in salary account due to job transitions. My concern is this, first bank is actually dec -march (4months) but in days it's not a complete 4 months. Anything to be worried about as I hv submitted the application?
U don’t have anything to worry about at all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 7:52am On Mar 30, 2023
TrumXray:
U don’t have any problem at all

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kinggame1: 8:09am On Mar 30, 2023
Please who has a waiver code for conestoga college

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jogma: 8:22am On Mar 30, 2023
Hello house, anyone starting UofAlberta by Fall 2023?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by isangjohnson: 9:10am On Mar 30, 2023
In Conestoga admission letter received, I'm to to pay a non refundable acceptance deposit of $1,500.
An estimated tuition fees for the first semester of the propram (4) months of study is $10,129.
1. Is the $1,500 non refundable acceptance deposit part of first semester tuition fees? That's $10,129-$1,500=$8,629 balance.
2. If the first semester tuition fees of $10,129 is paid, how much minimum will I need in my account as POF?

(1) (2) (3) ... (962) (963) (964) (965) (966) (967) (968) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.