Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (970) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1217729 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (967) (968) (969) (970) (971) (972) (973) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by FranklynJonin: 10:10am On Mar 31, 2023
Do you mean upgrading to business class or it’s there a way to upgrade the size of my luggage

iwanvisityankee:
I heard upgrading is cheaper than paying for excess luggage. Pls do your research well so you won't waste money
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by iwanvisityankee: 10:42am On Mar 31, 2023
Welsh2np:

How did she submit the passport?

She was supposed to use UPS: they allow two way courier- they submit the passport to VFS and pick it back from them.
I chatted VFS Abuja this morning, it was confirmed they don't give passport to any courier services anymore. Except you use their own service which is #18,710
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by simababe(f): 10:45am On Mar 31, 2023
simababe:
I see people filling form IMM 1294, IMM 5645, IMM 5257 but i do not have that option in the form I'm filling for my sister. Please do I Google this, download and fill it before uploading it in the optional documents section?

Also, under supporting docs, it's asking me to upload letter of acceptance and official letter for sch(coop letter). The Admission letter has the Coop mentioned in it. Does it mean I'm uploading same doc twice in different tabs?

Thank you

Pla can someone help with this. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tracy0803409: 10:46am On Mar 31, 2023
Please, Family, how do we send passport for stampling(Passport) request

They all did their biometrics in Lagos.

Thank you in advance.

Helping out a friend please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SoftdudeKay: 11:25am On Mar 31, 2023
Hello house, I arrived in Canada last Saturday and I’m currently in Toronto. My program start date is May 8. Please, do we have any group chat for Hanson College? Or Hanson College, Brampton campus? Or Nigerian students in Brampton? Or if you are in Brampton. Please kindly add me or reach out. 07036412417.

Thanks in advance.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jogma: 11:47am On Mar 31, 2023
simababe:

Pla can someone help with this. Thanks

Old GCKey portal, you have to download and fill the forms. If you didnt download, you probably using the new portal

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 11:48am On Mar 31, 2023
SoftdudeKay:
Hello house, I arrived in Canada last Saturday and I’m currently in Toronto. My program start date is May 8. Please, do we have any group chat for Hanson College? Or Hanson College, Brampton campus? Or Nigerian students in Brampton? Or if you are in Brampton. Please kindly add me or reach out. 07036412417.

Thanks in advance.

Congratulations Softdudekay.

I can see you did not even inform the house that you received your PPR and subsequently post your timeline, and you were always asking questions and getting answers.

Please when timelines are posted it helps others to know how prepare their applications and gives hope to others who have submitted and waiting for decisions.

Please please post your timeline and documents submitted.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mackie1(m): 11:48am On Mar 31, 2023
NnamdiN:

Thanks

she used dhl and they told her they don't do 2 way courier.

I used DHL this Tuesday and i did two way courier.
You could have used another branch
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wizardbee: 12:10pm On Mar 31, 2023
Mackie1:

Have you gotten your passport back? Or how long were you told it would take for you to get the passport back?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Rsituation: 12:11pm On Mar 31, 2023
ChiomaMC:
Any one that got admission in Fleming college, Global Business Management? or any other course please let's connect

Yes please I gained admission to Fleming college for September intake.. is there a WhatsApp group or something for those of us who are going there to connect?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by simababe(f): 12:11pm On Mar 31, 2023
Jogma:

Old GCKey portal, you have to download and fill the forms. If you didnt download, you probably using the new portal

Pls should I still download and upload it in the new portal or should I just leave it out. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SoftdudeKay: 12:15pm On Mar 31, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Congratulations Softdudekay.

I can see you did not even inform the house that you received your PPR and subsequently post your timeline, and you were always asking questions and getting answers.

Please when timelines are posted it helps others to know how prepare their applications and gives hope to others who have submitted and waiting for decisions.

Please please post your timeline and documents submitted.

My bad. I was actually carried away with some activities that took most of my time off this platform. Thanks for calling my attention to it, I promise to do the needful sooner than later. Thanks once again!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by danherb: 12:16pm On Mar 31, 2023
Dear friends and gurus,
Pls after biometrics, do I have to upload anything or they will update it on their own?
Just did my biometrics today. @johnstan @farnkrobbn1
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Welsh2np: 12:27pm On Mar 31, 2023
simababe:

Pls should I still download and upload it in the new portal or should I just leave it out. Thanks

No need. You’re good to go.

I prefer prefer new portal because I hate filling all those forms.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by iwanvisityankee: 12:29pm On Mar 31, 2023
Mackie1:

Pls keep us posted.

Yesterday DHL told me they can do 2 way.

Today VFS told me they don't give passport to any courier services to return to the owner.

This our country shaa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mackie1(m): 12:37pm On Mar 31, 2023
Wizardbee:

Have you gotten your passport back? Or how long were you told it would take for you to get the passport back?
Sent it to lagos. It's currently with VFS at the moment. I wasn't told how long it would take, but DHL told me they'll get it for me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mimifam: 12:41pm On Mar 31, 2023
Please who can guide me through on how to order for CBSA note I was refused today
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mackie1(m): 12:57pm On Mar 31, 2023
iwanvisityankee:
Pls keep us posted.

Yesterday DHL told me they can do 2 way.

Today VFS told me they don't give passport to any courier services to return to the owner.

This our country shaa
Hmm... I'll see how mine goes sha. Their (VFS) fee is too ridiculous. I'll rather send a family member in Lagos to go collect it on my behalf and give it to DHL if they won't give DHL directly. I'm not paying them any 18k

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 1:11pm On Mar 31, 2023
SoftdudeKay:

My bad. I was actually carried away with some activities that took most of my time off this platform. Thanks for calling my attention to it, I promise to do the needful sooner than later. Thanks once again!
We understand bro, u are one of the real ones. Take ur time and may d land FAVOUR u.
Congratulations again ✌🏻

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiomaMC: 1:17pm On Mar 31, 2023
Thanks a lot.
Please may I know the Bank you used? have you been debited? and is there any WhatsApp group for Humber applicants here?

MideBrains:
Hi.

I can totally relate.

I got an offer from Humber in February 2023. Here is the right procedure to download your payment invoice and make payment.

Step 1: log in to MyHumber (humber.ca/myhumber), select Student, then select Student & Fees, click on Tuition and Fees Quote, and then click View Fee Quote and download.

Step 2: Once downloaded, Open it- you will see a break down of your fees by semester. You only need to pay first semester fees as tuition deposit.

Step 3: Create a Paynent on Flywire (Humbers Official International payment partner)

If you scroll doen that same invoice document, you'll see 'payment options for international students' . If you are going through form A, the right payment option is INTERNATIONAL PAYMENTS.

Under this option, You will see a link. Click on it. Scroll down to 'Payments Options'. Select 'Pay Through Flywire' Then folloe the step by step instructions to pay, fill in all necessary details. Then under payment method select 'BANK TRANSFER' since you are using form A.

Once you are done, you'll see or receive a PDF doc titeled PAYMENT INSTRUCTION. This contains payment instructions you will enter in your form A online application . E. G bank account details, amount, sort code, etc.

Step 4: Gather your docs for Form A Application.

I used my dad's bank account so I submitted these documents :

Intl passport data page
Offer letter from Humber
First degree certificate
Debit instruction written by my dad to his bank
Humber Invoice
Flywire Payment Instruction
Humber Letter of Authorization
Evidence of relationship between my dad and I e.g Family photos, Utility Bill, Sponsor NIN etc.

These requirements vary from. Bank to bank. Depending on yojr program. Some banks dont accept graduate certificate programs. E. G first bank. I cant advise you on what bank to use. Some naira landers have mentioned GTB, UBA, Zenith in some threads.

Step 5: Apply online. Create an account on CBN'S Trade Monitoring Systems portal. If your BVN or your sponsor's BVN hasn't been linked to your current email, you may not be able to create an account.

If you try to do thiw, it tells you you need to link youe BVN, please visit your Bank to do it.

Step 6: FIll the online application.

Take your time to enter the details correctly in your FormA application. Once you've submitted your form A, please take hardcopy to the bank and follow up with them aggressively.

Goodluck. I wish you all the best and I hope to connect with you at Humber this year by His Special Grace. 😊🙏🏾

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by simababe(f): 1:22pm On Mar 31, 2023
Welsh2np:

No need. You’re good to go.

I prefer prefer new portal because I hate filling all those forms.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiomaMC: 1:26pm On Mar 31, 2023
Write to the school to provide you the payment instruction
Flywire uses black market rate if you choose to pay in Naira, but if you choose their USD or any currency Form A options, it's at normal rate

isangjohnson:
The Fbn I went told me to provide admission letter with school account details before the bank can process FormA for me.
Unfortunately, Conestoga only provided acceptance letter without account details. It seems the school prefer third party transaction like Flywire.
The last time I checked, there was no different between Flywire rate and black market rate.
Please, anyone that has gone through FormA route should let me know the procedure. I've up to about 5 months to pay for my tuition fees.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiomaMC: 1:38pm On Mar 31, 2023
Will also be glad to join one, but I'm yet to see any.
Rsituation:

Yes please I gained admission to Fleming college for September intake.. is there a WhatsApp group or something for those of us who are going there to connect?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jay130: 2:34pm On Mar 31, 2023
Good day house .
Please I want to ask if it’s advisable to use a registered business account that Carries Business name (for example: A&B venture) for POF , or since it’s self sponsored I must use account that Carries my fullname as it is on international passport and admission letter for POF .

Someone actually said it’s not advisable that’s why I’m bringing it here . The business is registered and there’s CAC documents too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiomaMC: 2:51pm On Mar 31, 2023
Please what is CBN rate for CAD
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 2:56pm On Mar 31, 2023
ChiomaMC:
Please what is CBN rate for CAD
As of this afternoon 340/CAD

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by heywhytech1(m): 3:16pm On Mar 31, 2023
Please how do I apply for GCMS note?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chemicalibk: 3:29pm On Mar 31, 2023
Mimifam:
Please who can guide me through on how to order for CBSA note I was refused today

Sorry for the refusal. You can reapply after your CBSS note

When did you submit your application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by enemerci: 3:43pm On Mar 31, 2023
SoftdudeKay:

Thanks in advance.

What was your experience when you landed. What questions were you asked. What should people coming in take note of

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MiracleOnyeji: 3:47pm On Mar 31, 2023
please can some one give me their top 3 recomended schools to apply to in canada so that i can make my pick , then those any one know when quest university will continue their academic programing

(1) (2) (3) ... (967) (968) (969) (970) (971) (972) (973) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.