Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (975) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1227800 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (972) (973) (974) (975) (976) (977) (978) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ebite2000: 8:13pm On Apr 01, 2023
Ebite2000:
Hi all, I'm here to help/advice you to the best of my ability. It's been busy since I got in, but I'm free to discuss my application process again and how I applied from the UAE to Canada. I might not get back to you right away, but I'll definitely give my response. (No private messages pls, everything should be open here)

Documents;
(1). All duly completed forms for SP application (IMM)
(2). Letter of explanation (6pages) :
{Introduction
relevance the of Target program
Why am I in the united Arab emirates?
Why did I choose to study in Canada?
Why did I choose uni of Calgary?
Funding for my studies
Home ties}
(3) Family pictures, ID, and conferences attended
(4) 3 recommendation letters; one from my place of work here and 2 from top companies in Nigeria ready to accept me upon my return
(5) bank statement of 4 months with 6.5m notwithstanding my fully funded scholarship for my medical research. I still showed I can pay my fees.
(6) Two landed properties as gift deed
(7) parents' houses, cars, and stuff
(8.) my resident visa here
(9) proficiency in English cert.
(10) professional courses taken moving in the developmental trajectory of my chosen course.
(11) my course registration form for Fall 2022 ( since I am fully funded I had an open portal to register)
(12) police clearance cert from Nigeria and the UAE
(13) CV
(14) covid cert ( not a requirement but just did)

That's pretty much it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by josephb(m): 8:28pm On Apr 01, 2023
The officer was talking about your LOA, bro don't compound your application.

I don't know why you won't listen.

Horphdomahh:
No I wasn’t remove from Dubai
I just applied and they denied it that I have multiple applications
The meaning of misrepresenting is lying about denied country or so
That’s what I read

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kobobay(m): 8:56pm On Apr 01, 2023
I have been trying to pay my application fee with my US. visa card and it declined the payment. And also tried with a Nigeria dollar card, it also declined the card.

Please is anyone experiencing the same issue with application payment?

I need help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ucy12: 9:16pm On Apr 01, 2023
Best256:
Anyone going to Quebec?

Yes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Best256: 9:42pm On Apr 01, 2023
Ucy12:

Yes.

Concordia? Looking for someone share apartment with?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pemipoo: 9:56pm On Apr 01, 2023
Hello guru
I got an admission to study at NBCC.
I got sponsorship at my work place and chairman is a distance uncle.
I wanted to ask if I could apply for student visa with my spouse as a dependent. If so, does he need to have POF for his living expense?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Drpak: 11:00pm On Apr 01, 2023
Zeed13:
It happened to me too (2 days ago). and after, a medical request came in.
I have submitted my medical yesterday and it's now passed on my portal.
Please any idea what next and how soon does it take to get a reply?
My resumption is April.
@Drpark @bullstriker anyone!! with vital info
thanks

With the current processing time, you should receive ppr within the next 2 to 7 days. Safe travels!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ketima: 12:01am On Apr 02, 2023
Horphdomahh:
Good evening house
I apply through agent
I got my admission around may20 2022
But couldn’t submit my application still January 30 2023 on ircc portal
So the agent said he defer my admission to may 2023
Did my biometric same January
So yesterday I got a procedural fairness letter (PFL)
The agent didn’t ask me if I was denied visa before
And I was denied visa to enter Dubai 2022 feb
And I got another sanction for loa letter not genie
And I have 7 days to reply to the message with evidence sorry do I still stand a chance??

Hello,

I am so sorry for this, but i have to be frank with you, your agent has submitted a fraudulent documentation or has misrepresented you beforr IRCC and you're about to be served a ban if you don't submit a proper explanation(s) as you why such misrepresentation.

So plesse kindly draft a convincing statement as to why such happend. Again, don't feign ignorance of that documentation cos you're the one they know and not any agent as they believe you submitted your application without an IRCC certified consultant. It will make it worst.

Now to rest of us, we will keep sounding it, you're free to use anyone for your application right from school applications to study visa submission, but please ensure the following;

1) If an agent must get you admission to a school, please,l and please discuss with him or her from the beginning to ensure your email is what is used for the application and you MUST have access to the school portal. If he or she refuses to that, PLESSE DON'T USE SUCH PERSON.

2). When you want to submit a study visa application and you want to use an agent, please also ensure that your email is what iwil be used and that all docs to be used comes from you and vetted by you. You're paying him for his for the service, so he/she is there to do what you want. So ensure all docs are all genuine before he/she hits the submit button.

As a matter of fact, please ensure you have access to your study permit portal. It is very very very important.

It is your future that is at stake. Don't put it in the hands of someone whose only concern is money he or she makes.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by adelejane: 12:22am On Apr 02, 2023
Hi everyone , will need response on this .

I applied for visit visa June last year and got visa approved in March 2023 . I already had plans to study in Canada this year so I applied to Conestoga college in October for September 2023 , got unconditional offer and even paid my first semester fees in December 2022 .

Is it okay to apply for study visa now that I just got my visit visa approved ? I haven’t even travelled with the visit visa . Will this be a problem ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 1:39am On Apr 02, 2023
There's no fixed timeline. It can take days, weeks or up to a month
Zeed13:
It happened to me too (2 days ago). and after, a medical request came in.
I have submitted my medical yesterday and it's now passed on my portal.
Please any idea what next and how soon does it take to get a reply?
My resumption is April.
@Drpark @bullstriker anyone!! with vital info
thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 1:41am On Apr 02, 2023
It is acceptable. In fact, it will boost your chances of getting your application approved
adelejane:

I applied for visit visa June last year and got visa approved in March 2023 . I already had plans to study in Canada this year so I applied to Conestoga college in October for September 2023 , got unconditional offer and even paid my first semester fees in December 2022 .

Is it okay to apply for study visa now that I just got my visit visa approved ? I haven’t even travelled with the visit visa . Will this be a problem ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 1:53am On Apr 02, 2023
It is challenging to convince the Vo that a third party will pay for not just the cost of your education but the living expenses of your accompanying dependent. Therefore, the onus is on you to prove that you will have access to the PoF and the relationship between the sponsor and you. So, yes, your sponsor should be a co-sponsor or, better still, apply alone.
Pemipoo:
Hello guru
I got an admission to study at NBCC.
I got sponsorship at my work place and chairman is a distance uncle.
I wanted to ask if I could apply for student visa with my spouse as a dependent. If so, does he need to have POF for his living expense?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sunkeke: 2:08am On Apr 02, 2023
merciee:
Hi guys, please my brother got medical request. Please how can we get a fast date for medicals. He is resuming May. Please assist
did the eligibility change even after the medical request?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 2:33am On Apr 02, 2023
You can get a closer date. Email or go in person with the medical request.
merciee:
Hi guys, please my brother got medical request. Please how can we get a fast date for medicals. He is resuming May. Please assist
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 3:21am On Apr 02, 2023
This post is not intended to discourage anyone trying to come to Canada Rather my aim is to help make you better prepared.
1) Cheap tuition are often found in provinces where part time jobs might be very limited. As of today some students in Nova Scotia are having a really tough time financially. So please do your research.
2) Canadian schools are doing their best to cash out from international students which results in high number of admissions but please research about courses, do not pick course out of sentiments because coursework can be demanding. Imagine someone coming here with a kid and doing an M.eng course.
3) money is very important, student life limits your ability to hustle, yes people survive but not everyone has high threshold of handling pressure/stress.
Finally let’s populate Canada 🇨🇦 good luck and it shall rain PPR this month.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by drhammed: 3:39am On Apr 02, 2023
Let me know when you're coming! I can help ask around for accomodation
Best256:

Concordia? Looking for someone share apartment with?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by drhammed: 3:45am On Apr 02, 2023
No! not a problem, I think--- you can apply for your study visa and it will be approved if you meet the requirements.

Good thing is, you also have another backup now (visit visa)
adelejane:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tracy0803409: 4:45am On Apr 02, 2023
Hello how, please how do we send passport for stamping, they did their biometrics at Lagos?

How do we print the Consent form, please I need answers, am helping out please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by toyin03(f): 5:44am On Apr 02, 2023
isangjohnson:
The Fbn I went told me to provide admission letter with school account details before the bank can process FormA for me.
Unfortunately, Conestoga only provided acceptance letter without account details. It seems the school prefer third party transaction like Flywire.
The last time I checked, there was no different between Flywire rate and black market rate.
Please, anyone that has gone through FormA route should let me know the procedure. I've up to about 5 months to pay for my tuition fees.
The rate is not equivalent if you're paying through form A. Just go Yo the flywire website and generate your invoice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by NnamdiN: 6:27am On Apr 02, 2023
merciee:
send a mail.
They'll reply faster

iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nora064: 6:33am On Apr 02, 2023
Calmdancer21:
This post is not intended to discourage anyone trying to come to Canada Rather my aim is to help make you better prepared.
1) Cheap tuition are often found in provinces where part time jobs might be very limited. As of today some students in Nova Scotia are having a really tough time financially. So please do your research.
2) Canadian schools are doing their best to cash out from international students which results in high number of admissions but please research about courses, do not pick course out of sentiments because coursework can be demanding. Imagine someone coming here with a kid and doing an M.eng course.
3) money is very important, student life limits your ability to hustle, yes people survive but not everyone has high threshold of handling pressure/stress.

This your no 1 point, does that also apply to Saskatchewan? Cos I read that there are job opportunities though the tuition is cheaper than some other provinces
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by luvjessica15: 6:43am On Apr 02, 2023
bullstriker:
It is challenging to convince the Vo that a third party will pay for not just the cost of your education but the living expenses of your accompanying dependent. Therefore, the onus is on you to prove that you will have access to the PoF and the relationship between the sponsor and you. So, yes, your sponsor should be a co-sponsor or, better still, apply alone.

Pls house I need answers to help me decide appropriately. I'm a graduate of a Ghanaian university with Bsc development Studies since 2016. Am a Nigerian though, I served in 2019-2020. I have been a stay at home mom and now a nursing mother with a 10month baby.
Hubby is a diploma holder but has been the breadwinner of the house, I am a Network marketer, now I want to apply to Nbcc for post graduate in Administrative executive or human resources, which is a social science course like development Studies . I want to go with hubby as the sponsor together with our 3children. What are our chances pls? Which permit are we to go for.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dtrixna01: 6:54am On Apr 02, 2023
Good morning NLs please, I’d like to know when the best time is to send and updated LOA, I just got a medical request. Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wsx2: 7:01am On Apr 02, 2023
Calmdancer21:

I am I. Toronto and you have given them a good advice . I know 3 people who have been here for 4 months in Toronto and hasn’t gotten a single menial job. They apply everyday.

Most of the jobs in Toronto are located in vaughn where many warehouses are situated and it’s like 2 to 3 hours away from many colleges. I also heard students in Niagara college are withdrawing from the school because of lack of part time jobs.

It isn’t this bad in Western Europe and even uk. Anyone coming here should plan very well and come in with cash that can last for several months . Canada is not the way it’s been painted. A medical doctor who came in with pr is doing meNial Job simple because there are over 19000 doctors and nurses in canada that are banned just because they came in with foreign degree. They told them to go back to school In canada before they can get highly skilled job so indirectly canada is just milking international students

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Arctope: 7:08am On Apr 02, 2023
Hello guys, please I have a question.... I applied for a 1 year .. college certificate course in the Centennial and conestoga college. I intend to take another 1 year course or maybe another 2 year masters course after completing my first college course.
The reason why I'm going for college is because I am self sponsored and my savings is 40,000 CAD. Tuition fee is around 13 - 18k cad. So I have 20k for living expenses.

Course Studied : Architecture
CGPA : 3.90

My question is this

1. if I take another 1 year course after completing the first one... will I be eligible for 3 year pgwp?
2. Is the 40k cad be enough fund to convince the VO As a self sponsored for a 1 year course of 17k tuition.?
3. if I decide to go for 2 years masters after completing the first one. Will it be easy to extend my study permit while in Canada after completing my first course.

Pls I need help from gurus thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by iwanvisityankee: 7:34am On Apr 02, 2023
tracy0803409:
Hello how, please how do we send passport for stamping, they did their biometrics at Lagos?

How do we print the Consent form, please I need answers, am helping out please
Go to VFS website, select applying from Nigeria to Canada. Then go to passport submission section, you will find it there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nnamdi346: 8:52am On Apr 02, 2023
Arctope:
Hello guys, please I have a question.... I applied for a 1 year .. college certificate course in the Centennial and conestoga college. I intend to take another 1 year course or maybe another 2 year masters course after completing my first college course.
The reason why I'm going for college is because I am self sponsored and my savings is 40,000 CAD. Tuition fee is around 13 - 18k cad. So I have 20k for living expenses.

My question is this

1. if I take another 1 year course after completing the first one... will I be eligible for 3 year pgwp?
2. Is the 40k cad be enough fund to convince the VO As a self sponsored for a 1 year course of 17k tuition.?
3. if I decide to go for 2 years masters after completing the first one. Will it be easy to extend my study permit while in Canada after completing my first course.

Yes to 1 & 2.
I'm not in a better position to answer 3 so will allow others answer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 8:55am On Apr 02, 2023
Your chances depend on the following:

If you are using a sponsor, provide proof of sufficient funds to cover your tuition, flight and living expenses (CAD 10,000) for at least one year in Canada. A minimum requirement of CAD 4,000 must be added if a spouse or partner accompanies you, as well as CAD 3,000 per accompanying child. If you are sponsoring yourself and are going for a two-year program, then you must have the funds for the duration of your program, which is two times what I listed above. I highly recommend having more than the minimum requirement.

Establish the relevancy of your program to your current and/or future career path

Assets to show home ties

Well-written SoP to show reasonableness regarding career advancement and the importance of travelling with your family.

Principal Applicant- Study Permit
Spouse- open work permit
Kids less than 5yrs- visitor visa
5yrs and above- study permit

All the best

luvjessica15:

Pls house I need answers to help me decide appropriately. I'm a graduate of a Ghanaian university with Bsc development Studies since 2016. Am a Nigerian though, I served in 2019-2020. I have been a stay at home mom and now a nursing mother with a 10month baby.
Hubby is a diploma holder but has been the breadwinner of the house, I am a Network marketer, now I want to apply to Nbcc for post graduate in Administrative executive or human resources, which is a social science course like development Studies . I want to go with hubby as the sponsor together with our 3children. What are our chances pls? Which permit are we to go for.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 8:57am On Apr 02, 2023
Yes
Yes, provided there are no unexplainable large deposits especially close to the time of applying
Straightforward. It is nothing compared to your initial application.
Arctope:

My question is this

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ignatiusprince(m): 9:15am On Apr 02, 2023
please house, whats the meaning of CBSS AND GCMS NOTE I SEE IN THE FORUM...

(1) (2) (3) ... (972) (973) (974) (975) (976) (977) (978) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.