Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (981) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1219715 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (978) (979) (980) (981) (982) (983) (984) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Enitan1998: 10:31pm On Apr 03, 2023
kennyjoy:

Who tell you that one. most of them have other jobs they alternate it with, they do it in free time, off days or by any chances. I have few folks, even our 9ja’s doing ubereats too. They most highest $ they make are during rush hrs, & holidays and slightly weekends coz most people eat out during the weekends. I'm not arguing with you, I just dey add to what you said about borrowed funds. Everybody go survive Canada. Canada too sweet, once you map out your plan very well! No follow mouth. Draw your plans, and ready to integrate, and everywhere go soft. It's just a process. Shalom again.
Una done dy make person dear now,
Shey for person wey get at least 9M for a year program should not further on this journey ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by KosiSoma: 10:40pm On Apr 03, 2023
Hello guys,
Please those who applied together as family, how long did it take to get biometrics letter for the family members.

I submitted my application two days ago, I applied together with my spouse,
I’m the primary applicant and my biometrics letter have been sent early yesterday but have not received for my spouse.

Please do they usually send the letter together or how long it took for the spouse or other family members to get the biometrics letter?.

Is it ideal to start sending mails to them now regarding the letter?

Please your responses will be much appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kennyjoy(m): 10:43pm On Apr 03, 2023
Enitan1998:

Una done dy make person dear now,
Shey for person wey get at least 9M for a year program should not further on this journey ?

Not to fear. All other races full here, we need more blacks(9jas) too. Make we populate all province. If is a year program, you are good to go with that amount. Just make sure the funds are readily available to you, not just only show IRCC I get 15M for POF.

Also, have it at the back of your mind that a year program will only give you one year Post graduate work permit. While two years program will you give you three years work permit. And which I know you may likely want to apply for another one year program again so don't be caught off guard. That's why you have to map your plan very well so you can settling in softly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Enitan1998: 10:45pm On Apr 03, 2023
kennyjoy:

Not to fear. All other races full here, we need more blacks(9jas) too. Make we populate all province. If is a year program, you are good to go with that amount. But have it at the back of your mind that a year program will only give you one year Post graduate work permit. While two years program will you give you three years work permit. And which I know you may likely want to apply for another one year program again so don't be caught off guard. That's why you have to map your plan very well so you can settling in softly.
Oh thank you , of course will go for another 1 year , just did 1 years just cause of POF
Cause what’s the essence of not being able to find job in 3 months of getting there
It’s better to stay in my home country than to go suffer for another person land
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Enitan1998: 10:46pm On Apr 03, 2023
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 10:52pm On Apr 03, 2023
KosiSoma:
Hello guys,
Please those who applied together as family, how long did it take to get biometrics letter for the family members.

I submitted my application two days ago, I applied together with my spouse,
I’m the primary applicant and my biometrics letter have been sent early yesterday but have not received for my spouse.

Please do they usually send the letter together or how long it took for the spouse or other family members to get the biometrics letter?.

Is it ideal to start sending mails to them now regarding the letter?

Please your responses will be much appreciated.
It’s supposed to come together, mine came together. But too early to be sending mails now. Just chill it will come surely in a couple of days.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by benedictuyi(m): 10:55pm On Apr 03, 2023
Vicostar555:

Yes I did upfront medical after submitting my application. I sent webforms to Nairobi, London, Beijing, Ottawa.

On my application profile it says we are reviewing the results of your medical exam
Thank you.
How many days did it take after sending webforms before your application profile changed to reviewing results of medical exam?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kennyjoy(m): 11:00pm On Apr 03, 2023
Enitan1998:

Oh thank you , of course will go for another 1 year , just did 1 years just cause of POF
Cause what’s the essence of not being able to find job in 3 months of getting there
It’s better to stay in my home country than to go suffer for another person land

Enitan head no be the same, grace also differ. Prayed to God correct prayer before loading up your bag. Once you arrived dont be picky with jobs, you go do job whey you never do for 9ja before but trust me, one jobs will be leading to a better one. Me as an example. I didn't even apply for jobs when I arrived last yrs April. Someone refer me, I got the job, at least to keep up with ny bills, and got laid off few months after from the job, not up to to 2weeks again I got another job based on person referral, (person no person, or person tell you they are accepting people here), and still hoping for a better offer which I know God go do ham. Once you arrived network with people, don't close mouth, forget that your naira, comot eye like you no get shishi. Also be your brother keepers even though nobody get your time for here, forget those panting Nigeria are bad abroad, they are also good ones. We are nice people, and with a good reputation here.

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by KosiSoma: 11:19pm On Apr 03, 2023
Bamz555:

It’s supposed to come together, mine came together. But too early to be sending mails now. Just chill it will come surely in a couple of days.

Okay, thank you for your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tolyem(m): 11:24pm On Apr 03, 2023
@Bobomaigida and the Gurus in house,

I have done the Biometrics booking this morning around 9am and also did it this evening via email medium using there online web form but I am yet to hear anything from VFS.

How soon will their office reach out to us on the scheduled booking date?

tolyem:
@Bobomaigida,

I am so grateful for the fast response.

It is for my son. I have the letter already, I will book today.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by smokey12345: 11:36pm On Apr 03, 2023
Do they ask for credit card or you can also use debit card
Adeiyanu3:
Someone please help me. I want to make 100CAD payment as registration fee; University of Manitoba but I do not know how I can get it done. I urgently need assistance... my contact is 08135905827
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by smokey12345: 11:42pm On Apr 03, 2023
pls i would really appreciate it if @bobomaigida can put me through personally
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AbSapi(m): 11:43pm On Apr 03, 2023
Please gurus in the house, I need help in reviewing my SOP.
Second time applicant.
@bobomaigida @bullstriker or anyone who can help.

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Yemisi11: 11:57pm On Apr 03, 2023
I am in need of a female roommate,
a Nigerian, who is a student at Humber college in Canada. If anyone can help me, I'll be grateful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Guest911: 12:01am On Apr 04, 2023
Yemisi11:
I am in need of a female roommate,
a Nigerian, who is a student at Humber college in Canada. If anyone can help me, I'll be grateful.
Try Male roommate grin grin it might end up being a positive experience. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 1:07am On Apr 04, 2023
Joybam231:
How can I apply for the gcms notes can you put me through
https://gcmsnotes.com/
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ucy12: 1:11am On Apr 04, 2023
Okay!
Merci pour l'info.
Mes études sont entièrement en français et c'est au niveau doctoral. smiley
Are you already settled in Québec ?

drhammed:
Quebec City is another 3hrs drive from Montreal. J'espère que vous parlez français ou apprendrez facilement? Bienvenue dans la province du QC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ucy12: 1:14am On Apr 04, 2023
Okay Bobomaigida.
Thanks for the info.
How easily can I reach them for a quick response, since I'm quite far away from Lagos.

Thanks.

Bobomaigida:

Ordinarily, you should not pay any fee if you are submitting to Lagos, but your best feedback will be gotten from VFS, you might want to reach them to give you the appropriate response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zeb04(f): 1:50am On Apr 04, 2023
bullstriker:
1. Yes, it doubles as a visa application.
2. Yes, they will request your daughter's passport.

Hello bullstriker, thanks for your help.

Do i need to apply for a study permit for my 4 year old.

The section where it says 'i have been accepted at a particular educational institution,

My daughter has not yet been accepted. she is still on the waiting list. I am a little confuse on what to do in that section

if no, do i apply for a separate visitor's visa for her?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by benedictuyi(m): 2:16am On Apr 04, 2023
Joybam231:
How can I apply for the gcms notes can you put me through
https://www.canada.ca/fr/secretariat-conseil-tresor/services/acces-information-protection-reseignements-personnels/acces-information/presenter-demande.html

Someone dropped this some pages ago. I think it's free
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sylvesterigna: 2:29am On Apr 04, 2023
Hello gurus i need your help! what do you think i should do? I got admission in Northern British Columbia today i received this

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wsx2: 2:59am On Apr 04, 2023
Maria96:
uber eats with bicycle or electric bike is there they should go do that one. There are many fast food stores, grocery stores etc looking for staff. What kind of job did you think will be available to students in the first place. Many students came to Canada with borrowed funds and showing proof of funds. Now they are crying. You better endure and wait for better days. After all no one forced you to apply.

It’s easier to type on phone when you are not in people’s shoes . You just saying Uber eat bla bla grocery stores , you have one in Canada right and you are currently recruiting . I dare you to apply for jobs in Toronto right now. Set up account online and apply and see if you will get something in a month or 2.

I currently work with a construction company. I met a lot of students in groups Indians Bangladeshi Lebanese not just Nigerians looking for common menial jobs everywhere and there. You are saying people come to canada with bta. Good for you since you have bta and you thought these people don’t have bta. You thought everyone is buhari’s daughter right.

People are paying 1200 cad each month on a single room in Toronto, now come with 15,000,000 million bta and change it to cad and see how long that one will last you in Toronto without working . Nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wsx2: 4:01am On Apr 04, 2023
kennyjoy:

You are so funny! Like electric bike are cheap, They cost almost $1800-$2000 or how many Nigerian can ride electric bike inside this canada weather. One can only do ubereat if you have a job to alternate with, you can't survive only with ubereats in Canada. This Japa journey I won't even advice any of my family member or even enemies to come with borrowed funds. My own cent is, if you are doing 2years program, have at least one-year tuition, or even full tuition, and your one-year living expenses in handy, and make sure those funds are readily available to you. No con come here and start be doing Mumu video lol. Students are working unlimited hrs now that if you submited your study permit application before IRCC announce the unlimited hrs. If you recently submits your application nah just 20hrs you fit do. Make friends with other races, and don't forsake the black community, coz most part-time jobs are based on referral. If you are coming to BC this summer. Holla me when you land, my company will be recruiting this summer (only for guys), if you sabi drive and have an original 9ja license that's a plus for you with additional $, all you just to need to take is one driving practice test, and learn those road sign. Pls its might take me longer to respond. Coz time nah money for here. But send me a message you have arrived. Will send my number to you for link up. Shalom

You just nailed it brother,
I don’t think the person is even in canada talking bla bla Uber eats he must have thought it’s nigeria where anyone can get on the road and ride a bike.

A PR holder’s driver license was withdrawn last week and 6points removed from his driving point and also ordered to come to court for common simple accident which didn’t even affect anyone but just his car and they also jacked up his insurance fee to 1,000 cad each month so as to frustrate him from driving again. The man is depressed as we speak. Someone who makes 3500cad a month and insurance want to take 1000cad each month when rent is still there and food and phone bills and this will last for 3years just because he drove his car to barricade and the car was even written off . Now he has to use the train and spend 3 hours to work everyday as we speak he is already planning to move to Quebec from Toronto! Electric bikes cost 3000cad above and you want to even rent one and learn to navigate the routes and also pray it’s not -5 degrees above out there . It is well

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Enitan1998: 5:15am On Apr 04, 2023
kennyjoy:

Enitan head no be the same, grace also differ. Prayed to God correct prayer before loading up your bag. Once you arrived dont be picky with jobs, you go do job whey you never do for 9ja before but trust me, one jobs will be leading to a better one. Me as an example. I didn't even apply for jobs when I arrived last yrs April. Someone refer me, I got the job, at least to keep up with ny bills, and got laid off few months after from the job, not up to to 2weeks again I got another job based on person referral, (person no person, or person tell you they are accepting people here), and still hoping for a better offer which I know God go do ham. Once you arrived network with people, don't close mouth, forget that your naira, comot eye like you no get shishi. Also be your brother keepers even though nobody get your time for here, forget those panting Nigeria are bad abroad, they are also good ones. We are nice people, and with a good reputation here.
Thank you so much for the head up message
I really appreciate it, God bless you
We needs people like you here, to give us head up about that country
May God bless Nigeria too
If we had a good country why would an average person struggle to gather 15M naira and migrate to another country for jobs he can’t even do in his/her motherland this is so sad

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dtrixna01: 5:23am On Apr 04, 2023
kennyjoy:

You are so funny! Like electric bike are cheap, They cost almost $1800-$2000 or how many Nigerian can ride electric bike inside this canada weather. One can only do ubereat if you have a job to alternate with, you can't survive only with ubereats in Canada. This Japa journey I won't even advise any of my family member or even enemies to come with borrowed funds. My own cent is, if you are doing 2years program, have at least one-year tuition, or even full tuition, and your one-year living expenses in handy, and make sure those funds are readily available to you. No con come here and start be doing Mumu video lol. Students are working unlimited hrs now that if you submited your study permit application before IRCC announce the unlimited hrs. If you recently submits your application nah just 20hrs you fit do. Make friends with other races, and don't forsake the black community, coz most part-time jobs are based on referral. If you are coming to BC this summer. Holla me when you land, my company will be recruiting this summer (only for guys), if you sabi drive and have an original 9ja license that's a plus for you with additional $, all you just to need to take is one driving practice test, and learn those road sign. Pls its might take me longer to respond. Coz time nah money for here. But send me a message you have arrived. Will send my number to you for link up. Shalom
Hell, I’m a lady, I’ll be arriving Vancouver in May. I have my drivers license and I also drive for Uber here in Nigeria. Was hoping to do Uber over there too with my personal car (I’ll be getting a car since I’m selling my car here) since I know how it works. Can we link up for this business ? I’m also a fitness trainer so no job wey I no fit do 🙂

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by drhammed: 5:29am On Apr 04, 2023
That's great, bienvenue! Oui j'ai.
Ucy12:
Okay!
Merci pour l'info.
Mes études sont entièrement en français et c'est au niveau doctoral. smiley
Are you already settled in Québec ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dtrixna01: 5:34am On Apr 04, 2023
Joybam231:
Good evening house please can you recommend a good agent for me here for my study visa.
I have been denied twice
I use maple education. They’d assigned someone to handle my application. Though I haven’t gotten visa but I got a medical request. If you need me to connect you , let me know.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 5:47am On Apr 04, 2023
benedictuyi:

I know people who have gotten admission into Lambton without IELTS. One has even gotten PPR

Alot actually

(1) (2) (3) ... (978) (979) (980) (981) (982) (983) (984) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.