Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,651 members, 7,955,363 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:19 AM

I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor (7415 Views)

Agbaje’ll Soon Be Declared Lagos Gov – PDP / FIRST "FEMALE GOV" BY APC IS A RUSE? / Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by member479760: 8:47pm On Aug 02, 2011
confusion - same people demanding for BIAFRA, same people demanding to rule Lagos. they have hidden agenda and one of which is to distroy Lagos.

LAGOSIANS WATCH OUT, NOTHING GOOD WILL COME OUT OF IGBO RULING LAGOS, HAUSAMAN IS FAR PREFERABLE.

IGBOS DONT HAVE THE LOVE OF THE LAND.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 02, 2011
^^^ignornat
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by phreakabit(m): 8:51pm On Aug 02, 2011
Toaskarity:

^^^ignornat

You mean mentally unstable.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by DAY12(m): 8:52pm On Aug 02, 2011
Yiboman to rule Odudua land.

I dey laff in nyamiri's grin grin grin

Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by dayokanu(m): 8:56pm On Aug 02, 2011
Maybe they should start with ruling Kano and Jos that they have 60% population
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by NegroNtns(m): 8:58pm On Aug 02, 2011
<quote>

I schooled and lived in USA for over 20 years. The law says if you live in America for certain period of time you can vote and be voted. This is exactly why Obama became the president of America.

</quote>

So why didn't Okafor contest in USA where the law clearly allows him than fighting for something restricted to him?

I think Ibos in Lagos are too comfortable. Yorubas have accomodated them too snugly, they need a reminder for where home is.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by Sicherheit(m): 9:08pm On Aug 02, 2011
Gbawe:

He is wrong to include Obama as a case in point but I think he is saying that Naturalized Citizens can vie for certain office. He is correct as far as that. The author might be guilty of trying to make his case too eagerly he overshot the mark a bit.
Dude he is not even saying that, this is what he said  - The law says if you live in America for certain period of time you can vote and be voted. and that is clearly not true because living in a country for a certain period of time does not automatically mean you are naturalized which is what it takes to be voted for. Then using Obama has his example just pushes him over the edge of wrongness.
If the foundation for why he should be voted for is not solid, then it means he has no leg to stand on does it not? Instead of trying to to do wuruwuru to the answer for Lagos State Governorship, why not go and run for governorship where he won't have to prove anything? undecided

VoodooDoll:

Erm,  Guys!!!

Obama is half white and half black,  But ALL American.  Obama also brought up by his white sside,

IF you have Igbo "Lagosian" that is half Yoruba, half Igbo,  but All Lagosian and brought up by their Yoruba side , then no reason why he or she wouldn't have a shot.

But Your Census number of 43% is so wrong,  and ludicrous!
WTF does the bold have to do with anything? undecided
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by hbrednic: 9:08pm On Aug 02, 2011
haters and bigots at it once again  angry
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by Sicherheit(m): 9:14pm On Aug 02, 2011
dayokanu:

Maybe they should start with ruling Kano and Jos that they have 60% population
Shebi eni ti won le ba joko ni won ma ledi mo naa. undecided
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:17pm On Aug 02, 2011
Posted by: Negro_Ntns
I think Ibos in Lagos are too comfortable. Yorubas have accomodated them too snugly, they need a reminder for where home is.
[quote][/quote]

WORD.  cool
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by Jenifa1: 9:27pm On Aug 02, 2011
what's up with all these Igbo threads springing up left, right and center.
there's nothing wrong with an Igbo person becoming gov of Lagos. as long as he or she is VERY EFFICIENT. and will help build lagos bigger and better.  tongue

nakedall:

confusion - same people demanding for BIAFRA, same people demanding to rule Lagos. they have hidden agenda and one of which is to distroy Lagos.

this is what shall not be tolerated. and of course won't happen. lol
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by olapluto(m): 9:29pm On Aug 02, 2011
43% of Lagosians are Igbo? when a lie goes on for a long time, it smarts to smell like truth. If Igbo is 43%, Yoruba 47%, Hausa<10%? No way! Yoruba is still >70% Lagos. Fact!
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by djustice: 9:31pm On Aug 02, 2011
This Ana-yo guy is talking out of his Ana-l cavity.

You people want to start abusing our hospitality in Lagos abi? No be una fault. Sebi your brother, Jona dull has imposed a non-indigenous minister on us in Lagos, and our idiotic elders and Kabiyesis have said nothing.

The era of doing nothing in Lagos has come to an end with this pronouncement. This is why Ojukwu killed Banjo in the first place, because he didn't move in and take Lagos, like he was ordered to, with the intention of appointing an Igbo man as ruler.

Ibo people should start getting ready for war, because we indigenes get the message, loud and clear. Fashola with his Ibo commissioner should also start watching his back. Anything can happen.

A word to the wise.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by BetaThings: 9:32pm On Aug 02, 2011
Toaskarity:

This is Nigeria and i believe we are getting somewhere!

if anybody be it igbo hausa efik etc have live in lagos and take it as home/ is born in lagos and have the people of lagos in mind when he rules (not inviting an outside party) totally nothing is wrong with that!
moreover lagos is the state to show the way (in this aspect) , which i believe other state will follow suit.
Good
So when will the christians supporting this idea also support the Hausas desire to be allowed to win election and take office in Jos North?
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by tpia5: 9:32pm On Aug 02, 2011
for the third time, i repeat: if a sudden influx was observed into a particular region over the past decade, then there's supposed to be a corresponding population deficit in the areas which are being vacated.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by emmatok(m): 9:33pm On Aug 02, 2011
Igbos are not learning from history.

So they expect a Yoruba man to fold his hand, while an IGBO man rule over all the Obas, Baales, and other Youruba elders.

They seems to have forgotten the 1953 Kano Riot , which lead to the civil war.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by redsun(m): 9:36pm On Aug 02, 2011
If nigeria remain one,at a time it will be ruled by rational concepts not by tribe or religious affiliations.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by lagcity(m): 9:38pm On Aug 02, 2011
i don't have any problems with Igbo except their blatant lies that can make Lazarus rise from the dead. Haba, the guy said that Igbos own 70% of businesses in Lagos, he just pulled it out of his arse. If we let them become governor, they'll claim that they developed Lagos and that it was like mogadishu b4 they took over. i don't know what the diagnosis is for such grand delusion of epic proportions. these guys are killing me wit the lies! angry angry angry angry
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by NegroNtns(m): 9:39pm On Aug 02, 2011
Yorubas have been "sissified" by western education. We have come to accept aggression and assault as a paradox to what a gentleman or lady ought to be. Since we are particularly conscious of being socially accepted as a gentleman and a lady, we choose to relate with acquiescense and tolerance, even in direct threat of disposession, we walk away and yield to a threatening loud voice, rather than grab the loudmouth in his neck and choke his words and breathe. Incremental verbal assaults sent our way too long without a response has brought this situation.

Like I've said repeatedly and God is my witness, it is battle all the way. I'm not going anywhere until Ibo bow down.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by loco4love: 9:40pm On Aug 02, 2011
A ma le eyi Ibo yi sa lo si ilu yin. Ika ati wahala yin ti po ju.

We will send Ibos back to their homeland. Their wickedness and mischief is getting too much.

She Yoba wa le di gomina ni ile Ibo. Rara won ni je.

Can a Yoba be a governor in Iboland. No way Ibo will not allow it.

Olori buruku ni awon Ibo kan.

Some Ibo have bad heads.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by NegroNtns(m): 9:42pm On Aug 02, 2011
Dude,

What's the need for interpretation? Lmao!
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by redsun(m): 9:47pm On Aug 02, 2011
Igbos have the uncanny ability of turning a forest into a home.Places like alaba in lagos were mere swamps,but today they are all booming multi million dollars commercial attractions.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by phreakabit(m): 9:49pm On Aug 02, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Yorubas have been "sissified" by western education. We have come to accept aggression and assault as a paradox to what a gentleman or lady ought to be. Since we are particularly conscious of being socially accepted as a gentleman and a lady, we choose to relate with acquiescense and tolerance, even in direct threat of disposession, we walk away and yield to a threatening loud voice, rather than grab the loudmouth in his neck and choke his words and breathe. Incremental verbal assaults sent our way too long without a response has brought this situation.

Like I've said repeatedly and God is my witness, it is battle all the way. I'm not going anywhere until Ibo bow down.

LOL!!!! Obviously you aren't / wouldn't going / go anywhere in life! You sound like a girl in high school, talkative!
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 02, 2011
like every other tribalist thread this one will die a natural death soon
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by phreakabit(m): 9:50pm On Aug 02, 2011
redsun:

Igbos have the uncanny ability of turning a forest into a home.Places like alaba in lagos were mere swamps,but today they are all booming multi million dollars commercial attractions.

Very true, and that is why this entire argument makes NO sense!!!! If they can do that here why not in Igbo land?
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by zmoni: 9:54pm On Aug 02, 2011
with this kind of mindset, Africa will never make any progress.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by proffmanue(m): 9:57pm On Aug 02, 2011
The same Igbo man that hate the Yoruba's for not supporting them during the civil war now wants to rule a Yoruba man in his land. this guy get HIGH FEVER
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by peckhamboi: 9:57pm On Aug 02, 2011
redsun:

There are over 1000 hectares of forest in Okija Shrine, turn it to Dubai first before thinkiing of ruling Lagos
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by BabaO2: 10:00pm On Aug 02, 2011
i will prefer to give my vote to a humble hausa man.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:02pm On Aug 02, 2011
peckhamboi:

There are over 1000 hectares of forest in[b] Okija, turn it to Dubai[/b] before thinkiing of ruling Lagos

TRUTH cool
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by redsun(m): 10:04pm On Aug 02, 2011
peckhamboi:

There are over 1000 hectares of forest in Okija Shrine, turn it to Dubai first before thinkiing of ruling Lagos

Lagos is the commercial capital of nigeria,the smart and hard working ones will dominate it.It is a natural phenomenon.

Okija forest will come later when the rest of nigeria is really saturated.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by BabaO2: 10:06pm On Aug 02, 2011
The drunkard has not foreseen an ibo man becoming Oba of Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shameless Rigging Of Kogi Election Exposed - Pic / INEC Budgets ₦7 Billion For Ekiti & Osun Governorship Elections / This Mama Peace Photo Went Viral On Twitter And Facebook This Week [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.