Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,063 members, 7,956,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:58 AM

I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor (7416 Views)

Agbaje’ll Soon Be Declared Lagos Gov – PDP / FIRST "FEMALE GOV" BY APC IS A RUSE? / Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by Onlytruth(m): 5:44pm On Aug 03, 2011
Posted by: logica

I am Ekiti but I was born in Lagos; yet I have no political aspirations in Lagos. If I want to jump into the pigsty we call politics in Nigeria, I will go back to my roots in Ekiti state to contest. Yet I am Yoruba. So exactly what is the point of this "Igbo Lagos Governor" campaign? If an Igbo governor can be better for Lagos, we would have seen the signs in the East already. I don't see it, but maybe someone smoking crack sees it.

Have you not heard that current Lagos governor Raji Fashola is from Ekiti too?
So if you won't aspire to become governor in Lagos, should you stop other Ekiti folks from wanting to.
Please don't assume that everyone is as unambitious and cowardly. Your yardstick is suspect.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by 2mch(m): 5:46pm On Aug 03, 2011
Onlytruth:

So if you won't aspire to become governor in Lagos, should you stop other Ekiti folks from wanting to.
Please don't assume that everyone is as unambitious and cowardly. Your yardstick is suspect.

Lol, you talk like a big fool. Have you heard, here and there. Rumor monger, agogo. rotflmao. Very daf*t individual. Even when the proof is there. grin grin cheesy
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by logica(m): 5:48pm On Aug 03, 2011
Onlytruth:

And where did you hear that from? The crack between your a$$? The fact that Fashola is even muslim makes it doubtful that he's from Ekiti. Believe you me, I am quite ambitious more than your family combined, but I refuse to eat from where I did not sow. Go figure.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by Onlytruth(m): 5:48pm On Aug 03, 2011
And this is the point I exit the thread until intelligent folks show up again.
Signing off.
Yours truly,

Onlytruth  cool
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by seanet02: 5:51pm On Aug 03, 2011
Onlylie stop your pathetic lies, Fashola is an Awori man.
As for an ibo man being the governor of Lagos state. Continue with your delusional whining.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by aljharem3: 5:56pm On Aug 03, 2011
logica:

I am Ekiti but I was born in Lagos; yet I have no political aspirations in Lagos. If I want to jump into the pigsty we call politics in Nigeria, I will go back to my roots in Ekiti state to contest. Yet I am Yoruba. So exactly what is the point of this "Igbo Lagos Governor" campaign? If an Igbo governor can be better for Lagos, we would have seen the signs in the East already. I don't see it, but maybe someone smoking crack sees it.

i am awori as well and i see nothing wrong in YOU or ANOTHER OTHER YORUBA ruling lagos so long as u are yoruba

we are ONE NATION and as such I can not discrimanate against another odudua

Ekiti kete. eko oni baje o
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by logica(m): 6:04pm On Aug 03, 2011
alj_harem,

Guy, edit your post as it makes it seem as if I made that silly assertion about Fashola being from Ekiti.

My point here is even people who are "more qualified" to agitate for political posts are not.

I also heard there was protest in making Yoruba the official language of the Lagos Assembly. So people who may not be fluent in Yoruba want to hold political posts in Lagos? Are they crazy? It's analogous to someone like Schwarzenegger complaining about English being the official language in California. He's of course Polish, he learnt so speak English and he became an American.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by aljharem3: 6:12pm On Aug 03, 2011
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 03, 2011
Tinubu is not Awori or Egun

Any Yoruba can basically vote and be voted for in Lagos, (Fashola's cabinet is Yorubas from all corners of Yoruba land)!!

You think if Abiola or Fela had contested for Lagos state Governorship they won't win? Are the Awori? you think if the most loved Igbo in Nigeria contested for Lagos Governorship, he would win? he won't even dare go there lol,

The truth is this: The Yorubas settled and built and found Lagos collectively with Aworis/Ijebu/Egun/igbomina people being the fore runners,

I think what someone said on another thread was right,  Be a Yoruba, be adopted, speak the language, consider yourself Yoruba, then welcome to Yoruba land,

if we keep saying ONE NIGERIA while basing ethnic territory on population, Yorubas will see a repeat of their history of losing their territories due to "accommodating nature"

There are more Igbos in Ilorin if you ask me really!!! Lots and lots of them!!!

The only criminal I see is Olusegun Aganga who is not even Lagosian talkless of Yoruba,
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by logica(m): 6:38pm On Aug 03, 2011
Quite honestly, if there is empirical proof that an Igbo man will do better than a Yoruba man as the Governor of Lagos I will wholeheartedly support him. Same applies to ANY position including the Presidency. But there is no such empirical proof. There is a saying in Yoruba-land about knowing how a person will treat your house or property by checking how he handles his. I look to the East, and I am afraid all I can give is a Vote of No Confidence.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by EkoIle1: 6:43pm On Aug 03, 2011
logica:

Quite honestly, if there is empirical proof that an Igbo man will do better than a Yoruba man as the Governor of Lagos I will wholeheartedly support him. Same applies to ANY position including the Presidency. But there is no such empirical proof.

There is a saying in Yoruba-land about knowing how a person will treat your house or property by checking how he handles his. I look to the East, and I am afraid all I can give is a Vote of No Confidence.

It's a wrap. You are a champ with that solid and epic quote.

I salute you.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by ektbear: 6:52pm On Aug 03, 2011
Hrm. There may be a better chance of this happening in a post-Nigeria setting that in Nigerian one. Isn't going to happen though for the foreseeable (20-30 years or so) future
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by grabdbull: 8:05pm On Aug 03, 2011
I foresee an Igala man becoming Governor of Enugu State (at least they are indigenes, and not settlers)
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by airmark(m): 8:28pm On Aug 03, 2011
Is it too much alcohol intakes of IBO people that makes them think so silly most times?
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by espn(m): 8:53pm On Aug 03, 2011
MODIFIED
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by EkoIle1: 8:58pm On Aug 03, 2011
airmark:

Is it too much alcohol intakes of IBO people that makes them think so silly most times?

It's delusions and shallow thinking. You have to look at their traits, their history, their failures in Nigeria and general sensibilities, even the way they talk.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by Akolawole(m): 2:31am On Aug 04, 2011
I dont know where the useless statistics came from!

I remember in the second republic the yorubas and igbos were making useless noise in Kaduna claiming what they are NOT in hausaland.

Their numbers(as they claim) was highly  irrelevant during the said election.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by PointB: 4:58am On Aug 04, 2011
So the minds of an average SW Nigerians are now an 'occupied territory'. Occupied by Igbos! grin grin grin grin grin
God will deliver Nigerians from bigotry!
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by dayokanu(m): 7:31pm On Oct 01, 2012
See Igbos obssesion with Yorubaland
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by whitecat007: 2:48am On Oct 02, 2012
Ibos do not like peace,the only language they understand is violence, and i see them getting it in full measure.
dayokanu: See Igbos obssesion with Yorubaland
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by NRIPRIEST(m): 12:43pm On Oct 02, 2012
whitecat007: Ibos do not like peace,the only language they understand is violence, and i see them getting it in full measure.

You mean "nigerianland" which you gloriously praised your ppl for fighting them for ? I have read all through this thread and have also learned something.... That majority of yoruba ppl are feeble minded,unreasonable,bigots,jealous,hateful,bush andvery treacherous! You ppl has been cursed. Imagine that no single yoruba person here can have a civilized discussion ! I spit and urinate on Oduduwa dirty black like charcoal face! Tufia,doom and destruction unto thee that trouble the IGBOS!

1 Like

Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by bashr8: 1:13pm On Oct 02, 2012
Sun of god: Soludo - Lagos 2015?

(Just throwing it out there)

what do you mean by that, soludo is going for preside ncy , stop taking him backwards.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by eleshin(m): 3:50pm On Oct 02, 2012
the writer or wueva is behind d writeup is crazy! Dey shud jst come to iga idunganran nd become d next Oba of lagos.

1 Like

Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by dayokanu(m): 5:00pm On Oct 02, 2012
LOL at Igbos
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by mapet: 12:32pm On Oct 03, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You know when some pps makes it to the state with questionable papers, live minimum wage life style and come back to 9ja to do nyanga, they just misjiive. The bobo thinks he's talking to his villagers and ancestors, whom he lies to and they gubble it up in awe...... the blind trying to lead....

Pls tell him we know about America by mere reading the media
lagcity: i don't have any problems with Igbo except their blatant lies that can make Lazarus rise from the dead. Haba, the guy said that Igbos own 70% of businesses in Lagos, he just pulled it out of his arse. If we let them become governor, they'll claim that they developed Lagos and that it was like mogadishu b4 they took over. i don't know what the diagnosis is for such grand delusion of epic proportions. these guys are killing me wit the lies! angry angry angry angry
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:44pm On Oct 03, 2012
That will never happen. an IGBO Governor for LAGOS grin grin grin are we short of highly capable leadership now?
Yes IGBOS have an unarguably important representation in Lagos Economy and Demography, Politically, they have very little follower-ship even among the igbo communities in Lagos. This is to be expected, Political Maturity has not evolved beyond ethnic lines (Yet) Nigeria is intrinsically divided among ethnic lines
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 03, 2012
As long as you dream of BIAFRA as a country........It won't happen!!! cool cool
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 03, 2012
Onlytruth: I'm laughing at a lot of goats on this thread walahi.
Most are foaming in the mouth without a simple logic, as if anyone is interested in their rants.

While you are yapping, just bear one thing in mind: Igbo proverb say that "osisi nuru na aga egbu ya, we kwuru ofu ebe",
- only a tree gets the news that it is about to be cut down and still stood in one location doing nothing.
I'll warn you though not to mess with Nigerians going about their normal business in Lagos. They are (according to your fathers who fought the war against them) Nigerians, and are free to aspire to any office in their area of domicile.

Just remember that you have never seen REAL war in Yorubaland before. You used intimidation to subdue whoever you could in the olden days, and call that war. IT AIN'T.
Nobody intimidates Igbo man. Don't stir the hornets nest.
Nuff said.

Lolzzzzz....i yamu laffing at this bragging guy.

It easy to stay behind a computer screen to type that crap you typed up there all day.

It is this kind of un-unnecessary bragging that led your folks to the slaughtering house of 1966.

Playing music all over the country then, of how they killed the leaders of other regions.

Anyway....we don't take your type serious.

1 Like

Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by ak47mann(m): 2:02pm On Oct 03, 2012
Freewilly: These Igbo ppl sef, angry angry

You rent your house to them and the end up buying the property.

They have taken over 90% of the businesses in Lagos and Abuja.

They are the leaders in Education in the whole of Africa.

Now an Igbo man is going to be the Governor of Lagos, pride and joy of my Yoruba brothers cry cry
you are so sensational, pretty,and attractive yoruba woman i like the tribal mark on your face gorgeous lady cool
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by ak47mann(m): 2:06pm On Oct 03, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: That will never happen. an IGBO Governor for LAGOS grin grin grin are we short of highly capable leadership now?
Yes IGBOS have an unarguably important representation in Lagos Economy and Demography, Politically,[b] they have very little follower-ship even among the igbo communities in Lagos. [/b]This is to be expected, Political Maturity has not evolved beyond ethnic lines (Yet) Nigeria is intrinsically divided among ethnic lines
don't be deceived,igbo na igbo when the time comes those igbo efulefus will remind you who they are...
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by EkoIle1: 2:12pm On Oct 03, 2012
These laughable scavengers want to be the governor of Lagos state..... lmao. And when anything happen for Lagos, name the same people go first remember say den get their own state in abakaliki and rush enter ekenedilichuku and dump Lagos in a second....

I know this is just somebody's dumb dream, let's just pretend this is possible . I'm sure Lagos legislature go change qualification via the state constitution and it has to be by ancestry and not residency...... she I Nigeria go soon kpafukah and everybody go bare their papa name and find their level...even for any ibo to enter Lagos name by visa and to work name NY work permit.......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We May Negotiate With Boko Haram-presidency / Yobe PDP Leaders Decamped To APC (Photos) / INEC Budgets ₦7 Billion For Ekiti & Osun Governorship Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.