Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,625 members, 7,813,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

Why It's Wrong To Say, "I Don't Double Date". - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why It's Wrong To Say, "I Don't Double Date". (545 Views)

You Are Single Untill You Married - Double Date / "I Don't Double Date" - The Lie Behind It / 10 Reasons Why African Guys Double-Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why It's Wrong To Say, "I Don't Double Date". by BinamRex: 11:28am On Aug 01, 2022
The word ''double date" is commonly used by Nigerian ladies to mean:

1. They can't cheat on their partner or boyfriend.

OR

2. They don't want to date two guys at a time.

Do you know that "double date" doesn't denote cheating or infidelity?

The dictionary defines "double date" thus:

a date for two couples.

VERB (intransitive)
to take part in a date involving two couples. Example:
She and Shuman double-date with an elderly couple they've befriended.

You can see that the word doesn't denote cheating or unfaithfulness.

It should be a crime to take a word from another man's language and give it a different meaning. grin grin

How would we feel if the white man changes the meaning of "jollof" to mean "fight". As in, Taye and Chuks jollofed (they fought) grin

So which word can you use to say you don't want to cheat on your partner or boyfriend if someone asks you out on a date?

Watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gUI1EDjT0M

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why It's Wrong To Say, "I Don't Double Date". by fman(m): 11:41am On Aug 01, 2022
thanks alot for the enlightment.

1 Like

Re: Why It's Wrong To Say, "I Don't Double Date". by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 01, 2022
So many words we use incorrectly in Nigeria. But we understand ourselves grin

2 Likes

Re: Why It's Wrong To Say, "I Don't Double Date". by BinamRex: 12:14pm On Aug 01, 2022
fman:
thanks alot for the enlightment.

You are welcome. Subscribe, please

1 Like

Re: Why It's Wrong To Say, "I Don't Double Date". by BinamRex: 12:16pm On Aug 01, 2022
Persephone1:
So many words we use incorrectly in Nigeria. But we understand ourselves grin

Yeah, true cheesy

Like "flash", " cousin sister or cousin brother", "take light", " bring light", etc.

Sub to the channel, please
Re: Why It's Wrong To Say, "I Don't Double Date". by Medianna(f): 12:19pm On Aug 01, 2022
English too hard na.
It has too many vocabularies

1 Like

Re: Why It's Wrong To Say, "I Don't Double Date". by BinamRex: 12:23pm On Aug 01, 2022
Medianna:
English too hard na.
It has too many vocabularies

True, English is really hard. That's why you should subscribe to the channel so you can learn one or two things.

1 Like

Re: Why It's Wrong To Say, "I Don't Double Date". by christianjoy(m): 2:53pm On Aug 01, 2022
More like double Bleepcheesy

1 Like

Re: Why It's Wrong To Say, "I Don't Double Date". by BinamRex: 3:26pm On Aug 01, 2022
christianjoy:
More like double Bleepcheesy

cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Trying to find herself vs Ready to settle down / How Long Does One Have To Wait Before Requesting For S*x In A Relationship / On The Issue Of Misogyny And Belittling Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.