Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,331 members, 7,954,338 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:01 PM

Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) (31391 Views)

How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? / Europe-Based Nigerian Vlogger Laments Over Hike In Price Of Goat Meat This Xmas / Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) by dammywapes(m): 3:47pm On Aug 02, 2022
Everlastingson:

Peter Obi will do well. Obi IS NOT BUHARI
Alright!
Re: Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) by hardon1(m): 3:48pm On Aug 02, 2022
Me, I have not eaten bread for a long time now. I abandon it when the price keeps skyrocketing. I can't come and kill myself. Money to buy a good quantity of garri will just go for one loaf of bread.

Unfortunately the challenge is when u have kids, you cant just do without bread for a household with kids

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) by Dangrace01: 4:08pm On Aug 02, 2022
jimetagambo:

Farmers that have fled their farms because of bandits and Boko Haram plus Iswap.

And yet that guy still supports Apc its annoying
Re: Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) by Nicepoker(m): 4:22pm On Aug 02, 2022
Totilopussylick:
APC have rendered Nigeria economy very useless tongue tongue tongue

Price of items on the high side including ordinary bread.

The common man option when there's no enough money for bag of rice angry cheesy undecided
How many tones of wheat do Nigeria produce and you are calling bread ordinary.
Re: Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) by sylve11: 4:30pm On Aug 02, 2022
Wawelexy:
Re: Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) by Quest7777: 1:21pm
One wey pain me pass na say N1 is worth less than one seed of groundnut. Bought N50 groundnuts yesterday & counted only 46seeds inside.

This man must be an ijebu man, very soon you go count numbers of grains wey dey inside one derica of rice if you re not OBI-dient....

you count the seeds? shocked grin cool
Re: Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) by henrimoto(m): 5:17pm On Aug 02, 2022
ibrutex:
Not only bread bro. Everything is on the high side like 300% rise...10k now dey behave like 1000 naira
... No be lie.
Re: Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) by AfonjaNaBastard(f): 5:56pm On Aug 02, 2022
Splitmind:
Wailers have come again with their lamentations as if things did not get expensive in other countries.

Stop whining about the price of things and just work harder, don't come online to embarrass your lineage. undecided

SHUT UP!!!

YOU ARE A CHRONIC IGNORAMUS! PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE CURSE TO THIS COUNTRY.
Re: Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) by Redman44(m): 6:00pm On Aug 02, 2022
OBJ encouraged Nigerians to plant more Cassava and support Cassava Flour to make bread. Wheat is not a Nigerian crop. We have our own local crops- Cassava, Guinea Corn, Millet etc and flour can be derived from these crops. We refused to listen to those pushing for Cassava Bread. Besides, Nigerians are very greedy. Even if Cassava flour becomes widely available in Nigeria, bread prices will still increase. We are at the mercy of increase in bread prices because we import wheat sad angry
Re: Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) by nedekid: 6:45pm On Aug 02, 2022
Bread? Naa,
When you join the army of 50m youth, weh bread? Better sharpen yah teeth as baba has destined you to eat cassava, garri, ewa and recently dodo, morning, afternoon and evening. grin
Re: Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) by nedekid: 6:52pm On Aug 02, 2022
Redman44:
OBJ encouraged Nigerians to plant more Cassava and support Cassava Flour to make bread. Wheat is not a Nigerian crop. We have our own local crops- Cassava, Guinea Corn, Millet etc and flour can be derived from these crops. We refused to listen to those pushing for Cassava Bread. Besides, Nigerians are very greedy. Even if Cassava flour becomes widely available in Nigeria, bread prices will still increase. We are at the mercy of increase in bread prices because we import wheat sad angry
Oga, bread is made from wheat worldwide and not from cassava flour. Call the cassava-bread like product what ever but bread made from wheat!
Seems some of us have started to resign our fate to cassava, agbado, garri with learning how to clean, cock and shoot gun.
Anyway it will never be our portion IJN.
Re: Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) by ufotunang: 6:53pm On Aug 02, 2022
That is the change and next level Nigeria voted for.... nawaoooo
Re: Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) by josiah27: 6:53pm On Aug 02, 2022
You never see anything
Re: Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) by Explicits(m): 7:03pm On Aug 02, 2022
hstar:

u mean ibeju lekki area?
Yes
Re: Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) by fcbelle72(f): 8:03pm On Aug 02, 2022
Quest7777:
That bread right now has further increased to N1050

One wey even pain me pass na say N1 is worth less than one seed of groundnut. Bought N50 groundnuts yesterday & counted only 46seeds inside.
...You get time o grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) by c900: 9:53pm On Aug 02, 2022
Brioche bread wey I dey buy for UK here, na 90pence before, this morning I buy am for £1.40. I no dey check price before, I just check today o.
Re: Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) by Redman44(m): 1:15am On Aug 03, 2022
nedekid:

Oga, bread is made from wheat worldwide and not from cassava flour. Call the cassava-bread like product what ever but bread made from wheat!
Seems some of us have started to resign our fate to cassava, agbado, garri with learning how to clean, cock and shoot gun.
Anyway it will never be our portion IJN.

Sir, have you eaten Cassava bread before? Wheat flour has become expensive, so what should we do? We should look inwards and find alternatives to wheat flour. We have our own local grains that we can use as composite flour along with wheat flour to make bread : 70 to 30 % ratio. Cassava flour at 100% level can be used to make acceptable bread.

In India, they make bread with Sorghum ( Guinea Corn ) and Millet. They call it Rotti or something . A flat kind of bread . Wheat is not a Nigerian local crop and that is why it is costly. Our local grains are not costly. We need to be more innovative in Nigeria. Acceptable bread can be made from Maize. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) by nedekid: 2:10am On Aug 03, 2022
Redman44:

Sir, have you eaten Cassava bread before? Wheat flour has become expensive, so what should we do? We should look inwards and find alternatives to wheat flour. We have our own local grains that we can use as composite flour along with wheat flour to make bread : 70 to 30 % ratio. Cassava flour at 100% level can be used to make acceptable bread.

In India, they make bread with Sorghum ( Guinea Corn ) and Millet. They call it Rotti or something . A flat kind of bread . Wheat is not a Nigerian local crop and that is why it is costly. Our local grains are not costly. We need to be more innovative in Nigeria. Acceptable bread can be made from Maize. Cheers.
I get your point. Basically we should cut our cloth to our size. Use our local ingredients to make our bread. Fair enough. My issue with that is that we are used to eating our kind of bread which is made of wheat. Yes, Nigeria does not produce wheat, and so also 80% of other countries in the world. They import. Roti or what I call tandoori is primarily made from wheat in India, Middle East and lots of other places. You only find a little percentage made from other grains as you rightly said, possibly in some village settings. But primarily from wheat. I know cause I eat tandoori once in a while at restaurants with curry.
Anyway, my point is that due to lack caused by mismanagement, Nigerians should not have their standard of living destroyed. It has been attempted before and Nigerians rejected it. Ie mixing wheat with other grains to make bread. Heck they even tried it with soya milk as a replacement for cow milk! Nigerians rejected that crap! I remember during nysc days in the 90s, monies released for milk they will rather buy soya milk to give is to add to tea, papa etc. Omo, we rejected it! They said it was healthier, we said rather if we are sick we would go to hospital and treat ourselves, give us MILK!
Do you think buhari and his kids, Tinubu and his puppies etc will ever say because country has no money they will manage and eat cassava bread, laced with millet and some other crap? Naa, they will eat bread made from the finest wheat, joined with the finest cheese from the south of France. SO WILL WE TOO!!
In answering your question, I have never eaten cassava bread, but if we want to bake something made with cassava and call it a food name, OK, but no be bread.
No moni no moni, Niger Republic asked for as stance from Nigeria to buy vehicles for moving vips, our usless gifted them 10 brand new Toyota landcruiser jeeps at ₦1.4b!. No monie no monie even for ASUU or to build refinary, but our gov took "loan" of $3.4b to build train line to maradi in another country.
Bros Bros, Nigerians should not be made to eat agbado, cassava, ewa, garri because of some other people's wickedness and incompetence!
Re: Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) by Igwe29(m): 4:13am On Aug 03, 2022
Immediately the increase of dollar was announced few days ago, the prices of foodstuffs and other items began to go extortionate; onions, indomie, bread and groundnuts, petrol and even services. The most annoying part is that salaries still remain the same and they are not steady. That is just how much decay a visionless government has plunged Nigeria and her citizens into.
Re: Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) by blazetour1: 5:05am On Aug 03, 2022
The prices have caused depression and hatred in many places
Re: Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) by emmaodet: 5:15pm On Aug 03, 2022
ibrutex:
Not only bread bro. Everything is on the high side like 300% rise...10k now dey behave like 1000 naira

grin
Re: Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) by Redman44(m): 10:29pm On Aug 03, 2022
nedekid:
I get your point. Basically we should cut our cloth to our size. Use our local ingredients to make our bread. Fair enough. My issue with that is that we are used to eating our kind of bread which is made of wheat. Yes, Nigeria does not produce wheat, and so also 80% of other countries in the world. They import. Roti or what I call tandoori is primarily made from wheat in India, Middle East and lots of other places. You only find a little percentage made from other grains as you rightly said, possibly in some village settings. But primarily from wheat. I know cause I eat tandoori once in a while at restaurants with curry.
Anyway, my point is that due to lack caused by mismanagement, Nigerians should not have their standard of living destroyed. It has been attempted before and Nigerians rejected it. Ie mixing wheat with other grains to make bread. Heck they even tried it with soya milk as a replacement for cow milk! Nigerians rejected that crap! I remember during nysc days in the 90s, monies released for milk they will rather buy soya milk to give is to add to tea, papa etc. Omo, we rejected it! They said it was healthier, we said rather if we are sick we would go to hospital and treat ourselves, give us MILK!
Do you think buhari and his kids, Tinubu and his puppies etc will ever say because country has no money they will manage and eat cassava bread, laced with millet and some other crap? Naa, they will eat bread made from the finest wheat, joined with the finest cheese from the south of France. SO WILL WE TOO!!
In answering your question, I have never eaten cassava bread, but if we want to bake something made with cassava and call it a food name, OK, but no be bread.
No moni no moni, Niger Republic asked for as stance from Nigeria to buy vehicles for moving vips, our usless gifted them 10 brand new Toyota landcruiser jeeps at ₦1.4b!. No monie no monie even for ASUU or to build refinary, but our gov took "loan" of $3.4b to build train line to maradi in another country.
Bros Bros, Nigerians should not be made to eat agbado, cassava, ewa, garri because of some other people's wickedness and incompetence!

Millet and Sorghum are not crap grains. Too much wheat is not even good for the body. We look down on Sorghum ( Guinea Corn ), Millet and our other local grains as crap because we don't promote them. And there is nothing wrong with soya milk. It is plant based milk. The cow milk you are talking about is not the milk that comes from the cow directly. They have added sugar and other things to it in the milk or dairy factory to make it sweeter. Cow milk has a different taste to the milks packaged as Peak, Dano, Cowbell etc.

Indian roti bread is made primarily with sorghum or millet. Millet and Sorghum have nutrients that are good for our body. They have fiber, carbohydrates etc .Wheat is not our local grain. This is why it is expensive. We must start start welcoming bread made from our local grains and cassava. Cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) by Redman44(m): 10:39pm On Aug 03, 2022
nedekid:

It will only take some time, but people will gradually warm up to Cassava Bread and bread made from our local grains. We have to start making that paradigm shift food wise now. It is now or never. My wife is a cake maker. By next week, I am going to tell her to make sorghum-wheat bread for us to eat. Then we will try cassava bread next month. We will bake the cassava bread ourselves with cassava flour. We are not planting enough wheat in Nigeria. Cheers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ogbono Soup With Step By Step Pics / Can You Name Any Fruit Without Seed? / Seahorse Donates 10 Million worth of food To Anambra 4 Communities (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.