Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) (68052 Views)

You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? / Jagua: Do You Remember This Late Actor? / This Nigerian Advert From The 80s Will Either Make You Cry Or Laugh (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by kakaG: 7:19pm On Aug 02, 2022
LollySeaSide:

If you ask me, I'd say it's FP worthy.
That advert was created in the 90s and has no erotic acts, no form of nudity, no sexually suggestive content even though it's a condom advert.

Can you say that of adverts in today's times?
Go to YouTube and take a look at what they call "Best condom commercials of all time" and see what I'm talking about.
As you watch, keep in mind that those commercials are a collection of the most decent condom commercials.

Anyway, you didn't ask me so I didn't say anything.

Simply because all in the name of hiring youthful, energetic and fresh brains ad agencies now employ low level staff to meet their clients needs. I watch commercials these days and I just nod because nothing adds up. Ad agencies now employ the services of babies who are not able to properly develop any useful creative document or strategy.

Though young and energetic, they lack core knowledge of advertising.
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by Youngzedd(m): 7:19pm On Aug 02, 2022
TooNoisy:
Obidients are not old enough to know this adverts. Its the very young and gullible Pitobi can deceive.

Grandpa, I saw 2 Naira per pack of 4.

How much is it now and what is the percent change?

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by Snapchat: 7:25pm On Aug 02, 2022
dalass:
angry

Imagine that on front page? shocked

But they sold this thing #2.00 then. Chaiii grin

E shock me o cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by Emeka71(m): 7:34pm On Aug 02, 2022
TooNoisy:
Obidients are not old enough to know this adverts. Its the very young and gullible Pitobi can deceive.
Yes I remembered who get this rain-coat¿
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by nkem1992: 7:35pm On Aug 02, 2022
LollySeaSide:

Where is that vawulence meme, please?
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by nkem1992: 7:43pm On Aug 02, 2022
LollySeaSide:

Where is that vawulence meme, please?
grin grin grin grin grin
Carry this ones hold body

Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by femi4: 7:59pm On Aug 02, 2022
officialwdhtv:
Do you remember this old Nigerian Advert?

Indomie generation...una well done o grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0SMr1X0JMg
yea, during the soap opera "Owuro lojo" starring Joke Silva
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by EwebSolution: 8:00pm On Aug 02, 2022
nawa o.....dis adverts still dey. dis guy i hail you jare. Idomie generations step aside biko....lol

Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by Nyanabo(m): 8:04pm On Aug 02, 2022
TooNoisy:

peter Obi is not the source of your frustrations. Hold your father responsible.
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by TREX002: 8:08pm On Aug 02, 2022
TooNoisy:
May Thunder not deny to FIRE U IDIOT
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by LollySeaSide: 8:08pm On Aug 02, 2022
nkem1992:

Carry this ones hold body

Na only you gather all these vawulence?

Damn....
This nighaar is vawulencial!!
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by Killermamba: 8:14pm On Aug 02, 2022
TooNoisy:

Slay mama wetin concern politics with condom ad. It doesn't make sense.
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by Kay25(m): 8:42pm On Aug 02, 2022
Back dos days when advert make sense ..never knew aunty binta ayo mogaji was there but I remember this vividly na dis advert remake me in trouble with headmaster for primary school
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by Pimine: 8:45pm On Aug 02, 2022
dalass:
angry

E shock me o. #2.00 only? Inflation na bastárd grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by goodheart01: 8:54pm On Aug 02, 2022
TooNoisy:

You’re too noisy, cut it down with the folly. Rather its Tilimbu urchins and Atikulated chickens that are too young and gullible because they never experienced a time in the past when Nigeria was good.
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by sheylarhh(m): 9:06pm On Aug 02, 2022
ayodejisalau:

Get this amazing zealottt speaker with amazing bass, long hours of playtime, 60w capacity, sleek aesthetics.

Best Zealottt Speaker of the Year

One year warranty

Call or whatsapp

How much?
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by Manshoesq: 9:21pm On Aug 02, 2022
[quote author=TooNoisy post=115314559]Obidients are not old enough to know this adverts. Its the very young and gullible Pitobi can deceive./quote] you are not gullible but Buhari deceived you
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by Proudlyomonna: 9:43pm On Aug 02, 2022
Owopariola001:

It was early to mid-90s.

That time to buy the condom sef na war grin
If you enter mention condom all eyes on you oo grin
How things change so quickly.
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by Spain007(m): 9:51pm On Aug 02, 2022
TooNoisy:

Na ur type them dey used half dozen condom on at once
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by Chival9(m): 10:07pm On Aug 02, 2022
You be chief gwongwori gwongworita..
dalass:
angry

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by Onucs(m): 10:13pm On Aug 02, 2022
No b N2 I see like that?
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by Psoul(m): 10:14pm On Aug 02, 2022
... and it was N2.00 then.
Naija don spoil.
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by SweetDipBenny(m): 10:45pm On Aug 02, 2022
grin
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by Ubdavis(m): 11:43pm On Aug 02, 2022
I was very young then. I can vividly remember asking my dad innocently. "papa, what do they use this thing for" his reply was " go and read ur book*!!
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by guyunivers: 12:30am On Aug 03, 2022
Thank you so much , i remember
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by deekseen(m): 12:55am On Aug 03, 2022
naptu2:

Back in the day, before the first case of AIDS was actually detected in Nigeria, the authorities used fear mongering in their AIDS campaigns. The AIDS symbol featured a skull and cross bones. It was so terrifying that you'd think that you already had AIDS, even though there was no confirmed case in Nigeria. The documentaries that you wrote about featured people that were emaciated and were like walking skeletons.

Then one evening in 1986, Professor Olikoye Ransome Kuti announced (on the Network News) the detection of the first case of AIDS in Nigeria. It was quite scary.

It was around this time that some foreign and domestic NGOs were running campaigns (in conjunction with government) about family planning and so they just incorporated the AIDS theme into their campaign.

The first condom advert was for Right Time Condom. It featured a man who knocked on glass and announced, "I have now decided. . .".

Right Time Condom was made by the Society For Family Health. Most people thought that the advert was funny, but some people complained about it. They wondered how condom and sanitary pad adverts could be shown on TV (Always had also just started advertising at that time).

I don't know what happened to Right Time Condom, but it disappeared and Gold Circle Condom appeared. It was also made by the Society for Family Health. I think this was its first advert.

In the late 1990s or early 2000s, health experts decided that fear mongering was not working and that it was stigmatising people living with HIV/AIDS. The scary documentaries stopped and the AIDS symbol was changed from the skull and crossbones to the ribbon below.

I may be wrong but I think that Right Time Condom advert was for family planning.

Chai! Up until this post I had forgotten completely about Right Time Condom.
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by ddeola: 1:12am On Aug 03, 2022
Yes o, those were the days when there was sanity in Nigerian media outfits, no b these days. sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by feed70: 1:52am On Aug 03, 2022
dalass:
angry

20 naira
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by dalass(f): 5:12am On Aug 03, 2022
Chival9:
You be chief gwongwori gwongworita..

shocked shocked grin
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by Revolva(m): 5:38am On Aug 03, 2022
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by Emma1Oj(m): 6:13am On Aug 03, 2022
Imagine the price then..."2naira". God will punish all those individuals that has rule Nigeria since then till now
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by DESTROTECH(m): 7:22am On Aug 03, 2022
Mawnin Guys
Happy New Week

Thanks for all the regular Trades + Referrals
More money to share ahead
❤️ +�

Let's get to Work
BTC + USDT + GIFTCARDS + CASHAPP FUNDS + PAYPAL FUNDS + ZELLE FUNDS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. / Elderly Woman Participates In BBNaija Calabar Auditions, See Reactions / The Moment Bisola Discovered Thin Tall Tony Is Married (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.