Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,103 members, 7,818,294 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? (24005 Views)

Chukwuemeka Ojukwu's Will: Bianca Wins In Court / Banji Akintoye: North To Continue To Rule Nigeria Regardless Of Who’s President / Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by haconjy(m): 2:11pm On Aug 03, 2022
I love this. I hope you can "throw us back" to tinubu and atiku. And if you can't, then, you must be an idiot, a slave and....nothing than a begger.

Throwback:
Anyway, we all know Tinubu has the best chance of improving the economy.

Statistics do not lie.

Check the statistics.

Tinubu began the rapid growth Lagos that has seen Lagos become the 5th largest economy in Africa

Where is Anamabra on that list?

Tinubu grew Lagos monthly IGR from N600m to N7b in 8yrs.
Obi grew Anambra monthly IGR from N450 to N700m in 8yrs.

Are we cursed to always support the failure on offer?

Even your children will doubt your sanity in wanting an Obi over a Tinubu who is an economic genius.

In my language Peter Obi is best described as "ba seje, Obi t'on so lerun"

Obi is a fig tree that cannot bear fruit.

Even Jesus Christ was mortified and cursed it forever.
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by etrouble: 2:12pm On Aug 03, 2022
tioyoung:

Jst to satisfy ur useless self.
U typed that kind of a rubbish

Counter his points if you are not mentally imbalance to support a proven failure over the best leader Nigeria has in the 21st century.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 03, 2022
Throwback:

And Peter Obi is an unusual political prostitute without integrity who despite being a former bank Chairman, allowed a contractor to cash N250m in Anambra that was to be expended in Lagos that harboured the bank headquarters.

Or do we even talk about the conflict of interest in domiciling Anambra State funds in the same Fidelity Bank whose board he chaired before becoming Governor? Or is it the conflict of investing state funds in a company in which he had interests?

How is he different from Atiku that put PTDF funds in his private bank account? Or why hide away his wealth in secret and complex accounts under his daughters name?

After Atiku, Obi is the chief contender for a typical and desperate politician. And those you continue to welcome to Labour Party like Peter Obi, are they not the same failed politicians who move about looking for a ticket - the next meal ticket of power?

Very correct they are all the same, Nigerians are just being given the illusion of having a choice but in reality they have no choice.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by einsteine(m): 2:14pm On Aug 03, 2022
Nothing will change.

Individual salvation (doing what is best for you) has always been key.

Many of the obi urchins littering cyberspace with their nonsense don't know that Atiku Abubakar would even benefit more from a Peter Obi presidency than they who are shouting themselves hoarse everywhere.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Kaiser20: 2:16pm On Aug 03, 2022
Draslo:
I am asking this because I know Nigerians. Since I can remember, every democratic administration is presumably worse than the last.

During Obasanjo's era, people cursed him and said Abacha's administration despite the brazen thievery and tyranny were better years.

(skipping Yar'adua for obvious reasons)

During Jonathan's era, google labelled him the most cursed president on the planet while many labelled him a clueless drunk. Everyone agreed Obj's years despite trillions syphoned through NEPA were better.

The curtain on Buhari's administration is gradually closing and it's safe to say most people attribute any problem to Buhari even if they trip on a flight of stairs and break a leg. Again, we all agree Jonathan's years were much better.

I'm afraid that regardless of the outcome of the forthcoming elections, nothing really changes. If and when the value of the USD comes down, the value of products and services in Naira remain exactly where they are waiting for the next increase in USD value to further increase prices. This is a prime product of a failed state. I remember during Jonathan's last years, all sorts of charts came up just like now depicting drastic price changes compared to when he was just a vice president.

I know this is a very pessimistic view but can you blame me? They say more than half of our population are youth. This means in less than 20 years, our population will double. We don't even have plans for that!

If you don't know that APC under Buhari is the worst calamity that has befall Nigerians since 1960, then you be Olodo.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by SeriouslySense(m): 2:17pm On Aug 03, 2022
Draslo:

The crazy part is that they don't understand that he's a good option but at the worst time.
If PO wins, what would be the stance of the IPOB who are clamoring for his presidency? Will he as a president commit treason by frolicking with IPOB? Will he use his old tactics as he did against MASSOB and risk the entire South East to develop into an active war zone? It's really interesting times for Nigeria. The ethnic war going on up north, ISWAP's influence there, and the many factions of terrorism plaguing us, I don't think he has the capacity to tone it down. So, where do we go from here?

I just hope in the future, I can be reading all these news and observing from a far distance beyond these borders because me, I don dey give up hope

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by TMwise1942: 2:23pm On Aug 03, 2022
I think the government focus should not be one sided , that's what we actually need to move nigeria forward, if we do what we know best to do as tribe/religion without been jealous of each other suscess , if the north focus on farming, the east focus on production of raw materials, the south focus on fish farming, the west focus on coacoa farming then we filling the gap with the rest
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 03, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
If PO wins, he will reduce the cost of governanance and cut most of the frivolous spending.
It's in his gene.

Senate will impeach him within a month.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by SeriouslySense(m): 2:25pm On Aug 03, 2022
We can be very foolish, so i will prefer to watch from the outside and go about my daily activities, the country is just waiting to collapsed. smiley smiley

All to your tents.
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 03, 2022
sammhi:

U have never witnessed good governance so your skepticism is in justified
But I tell you if we vote out these two old parties and a new one come in , elected by the people ,u will begin to see changes
Many countries were like Naija but with good leaders over time they became what they are .
PO is frugal , visionary, prudent and business minded
He may not change many things in 8 years but we will begin to have trajectory.

What stops APC/PDP politicians from moving to LP. You think they will just vanish with all the looted funds.
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:29pm On Aug 03, 2022
Constant power supply,
Agbero should reduce.
Stable economy where N1 =$1.
Gainfully employment for all our youths.
Eradication of all forms of banditry, kidnapping and terrorism.
An end to all forms of strike.
Development of our Roads and infrastructures.
End to all forms of corruption.
Prosecution of corrupt politicians.
Prosecution and execution of all known terrorists and bandits in Nigeria

A candidate that can do this within 3 years will have my votes come 2023. sad
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by ayenale1(m): 2:30pm On Aug 03, 2022
There will be toll gate everywhere
Nigeria corp members will get automatic recruitment into army, police etc and will be fed with corn and cassava
Youths go hear am from tinubu hand
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 03, 2022
Allisgud:
If obi lift a bill to write a new constitution that will favour the masses and majority of the lawmakers agreed,just forget it Nigeria problem is solve,that is if almost house have defected to labour party grin grin grin

The presidency does not have such power.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 03, 2022
Draslo:

This just gave me a huge headache. These people must be laughing at those crying over the Muslim-Muslim ticket because they know even a Christian-Christian presidency will still kneel to kiss their combined asses. I think my question should have been 'What do you think will change in Nigeria in 100 years?'

I can't wait to tell the Obidients 'I told you so' in the event that he wins. By now, we should be structured to be the next superpower but instead we're daily bent and f**ked within and without our borders.
obi is different dude is coming with another package knowing if he mess up he will be thrown out dude will assign smart head in fixing the country first call a meeting with the whole trade union of Nigeria to reduce cost, second build our boarder we have a lose boarder, third state security to manage it the have fed police to check mate it, education will change madly, vote peter obi etc

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by shinealight(m): 2:40pm On Aug 03, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
Nothing will change if Tinubu or Atiku wins. They are business as usual politicians

[b]Regardless of who wins, not much will change. Peter Obi was also one of the economic Advisers to Pres Jonathan but what good things did they accomplish together? Usual merry-go-round….blowing dollars everywhere like drunken sailors, while people like Dieziani and Dasuki were having a field day salting away money that should have been used to develop the country.
The country is simply too unwieldy to be managed by the dull-brain and self-centred politicians parading themselves all over the place.
Most of them have no clue what to do if and when they get there. They’re only interested in being addressed ‘Mr President’!
Best solution is to split the country into homogeneous entities instead of trying to manage an unwieldy contraption that is more like five or six countries in one. Let the homogeneous groups govern themselves the best way they can using their own resources and capabilities while they only cooperate in areas like Foreign Affairs, Defence against external aggression, etc. There will ensue a healthy competition and the country will be the better for it….rather than everyone going cap in hand to the centre for undeserved handouts!
Possibly some progress may be attained under those conditions…..but where is the political will to do what is really necessary, like getting rid of the Senate and making membership of House of Reps voluntary, nonsalary-based and more result-oriented? cool cool[/b]
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by toprealman: 2:42pm On Aug 03, 2022
Draslo:

I don't want to make this about any of the aspirants because even if PO wins, it's only a matter of time before history repeats itself.

The only hope we have is the decentralization of power and make regions or states autonomous. Until we do this, nothing really changes.
They can start that conversation
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by SunTzu123(m): 2:56pm On Aug 03, 2022
Throwback:

Statistics do not lie.

Check the statistics.

Tinubu began the rapid growth Lagos that has seen Lagos become the 5th largest economy in Africa

Even your children will doubt your sanity in wanting an Obi over a Tinubu who is an economic genius.

You were presenting your points then added an insult as your last statement. That shows a high level of bigotry. You can state your points without insults.
You are wrong to describe a man of Peter Obi's pedigree as a fig tree that can bear no fruit. At least he is successful in life means he has borne fruit.
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by HeroicMeastro: 2:56pm On Aug 03, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
If PO wins, he will reduce the cost of governanance and cut most of the frivolous spending.
It's in his gene.
That is not what the country needs at the moment.
PO can cut cost in his house.
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by AfricanGiant(m): 2:58pm On Aug 03, 2022
Bros Oil dey your head! Your generation shall experience greatness for this comment! You've said all the things in my mind. The one that baffles me again was when I saw the same Obi with IBB and OBJ that finished Nigeria.

Artiiclebeast:
The dollar will get close to the #2k mark and there will be a new buzz in town after Athiefkulate, Batify, and Obidient.

And then a new nick name will be coined up for the incumbent President.

And lastly, so many will look back and regretfully begin to laud the current administration that a majority has agreed is terrible.

This has been the story of Nigeria from time immemorial.

Make una dey read these my sermons small small perhaps e go reach more people to understand what we are truly up against as a people.

Enjoy..

Do not, and I repeat, do not put your hopes Obidienting, Athiefkulating, or Batifying...

None of these guys can handle or change Nigeria from the many ills currently eating it up.

By the time anyone of them does his first 1 year as the President you guys will begin to understand what's up and a nickname will soon be coined for that President as usual.

The battle and sickness plaguing Nigeria aren't what one President will just come on and solve in 8 years.

Okay, I'll concede that Peter Obi is perfect for the job in an ideal situation/country, and holds more promise than the other 2 major kleptos. Is Nigeria an ideal country as it is right now?

How about the same Obi acknowledging Atiku as his boss, mentor, and elder brother. I hope you guys know what this means in the Nigerian context. It means an unfettered access to the economy by the same Atiku you don't want to have by declaring yourselves Obidient.

Peter Obi hasn't done anything wrong to admit and acknowledge Atiku as a boss, friend, mentor, or elder brother, but that is one very dicey and double-edged thing with mingling with rogues in the Nigerian political space. The moment you get yourself muddled up with them it becomes difficult for you to come out and remain clean.

This is why some of Nigeria's best brains will rather protect the good name and image that they had built up for themselves over the years than get caught up in the messy demonic system called Nigerian politics.

Modified

A post by Lexilaw for every sensible Nigerian to ponder upon below and the major problem with Nigeria:

In case you are ignorant and fighting your friend of over 20 years because of politics, know this and know peace.

Senator Ali Modu Sheriff was National Chairman of PDP and was also National Chairman of APC at different times. In fact, his supposed Arch rival in politics in Borno State is former FCT Minister, Architect Ibrahim Bunu. Well, did you know that their wives are siblings? They are both daughters of the late Dr. Mohammed Lawan.

In 2011, Ali Modu Sheriff, as acting Chairman of the ANPP sent General Muhammadu Buhari out of the party which led Buhari to create the CPC. Did you know that Senator Ali Modu Sheriff's nephew, Babagana, is the husband of Buhari's daughter, Halima? Babagana's mum, Fanne, is Ali Sheriff's younger sister.

Former Governor of Borno, Senator Maina Ma'aji Lawan's rival in the Borno North Senatorial District is former Minister of Works, Senator Mohammed Sanusi Daggash. The two men have contested the same seat ferociously in the past.

Well, did you know Daggash's mum, Laraba's maiden name is Shallangwa while the mother of Maina Ma'aji's wife is also Rebecca Shallangwa? The two women are cousins which makes the two men, in-laws.

Alhaji Atiku Abubakar is said to be President Muhammadu Buhari's staunch rival but, Atiku was Yusuf Buhari's guardian at Yusuf Buhari's wedding when he married the daughter of the Emir of Bichi, Nasiru Ado Bayero. Former Emir of Kano, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, may have been deposed but his wife is the daughter of Ado Bayero, his predecessor and the current Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero and the Emir of Bichi, Nasiru Ado Bayero, are her brothers.

Late President Umaru Musa Yar'adua was a PDP member and a staunch party man but his son, Shehu, just married the daughter of Ali Modu Sheriff's younger brother, Mohammed Nur Sheriff who was a Member of the House of Representatives on the platform of the APC.

The National Chairman of the APC, Senator Abdullahi Adamu, is a founding member of the PDP and was a governor for eight years then a senator on the platform of the PDP. Today he is National Chairman of the APC.

The presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Mr. Peter Gregory Obi, was running mate to the presidential candidate of the PDP, Waziri Atiku Abubakar, barely four years ago. While the politicians and ruling class are busy forging alliances and building bridges, you are busy fighting your friends and pulling down relationships built over years over people who are either in laws, allies or even blood relatives! Do you have sense at all?

Late Head of State, Murtala Mohammed's son, Abba is married to Fatima Mala Kachallah, daughter of late Governor of Borno, Mala Kachallah.

MKO Abiola's son, Jamiu, is married to Khadihah Kamselem, daughter of former Inspector General of Police, Shettima Kamselem, from Borno.

Ibrahim Babangida's son, Mohammed, married Rahama Mohammed Indimi. Atiku Abubakar's son, Aminu, married Fatima Ummi Bolori, daughter of late Alhaji Bukar Bolori. Fatima Umar Ganduje, daughter of the governor of Kano, Abdullahi Umar Ganduje is married to Idris, the son of late governor of Oyo state, Abiola Ajimobi.

Did you know that the incumbent governor of Niger state, Abubakar Sani Bello, was sworn in by his mother-in-law, Justice Fati Lami Abubakar? His mother-in-law, the former first lady of Nigeria, wife of General Absulsalam Abubakar, was the Chief Judge of Niger state until her retirement. The governor's younger brother, Suleiman Sani Bello, is married to Aliko Dangote's first daughter, Halima. Dangote's second daughter, Fatima, is married to the son of the former Inspector General of Police, Mohammed D. Abubakar.

Did you know that Ammuna Ashe, the wife of former Governor of Bauchi state, Ahmed Adamu Mu'azu who was also PDP National Chairman, is the younger sister to current APC Deputy National Chairman, Senator Abubakar Kyari? They are first cousins with Ibrahim Bunu's children and Bunu is a staunch member of the PDP. Ibrahim Bunu's wife is their mother's younger sister and now Bunu's son has married Kashim Shettima's daughter.

The former first Lady of Yobe state, Dr. Maryam Bukar Abba Ibrahim, Senator Ali Modu Sheriff's wife, Fatima, Architect Ibrahim Bunu's wife, Former Minister of Finance, Yabawa Lawan Wabi, Former OPEC Governor, Ammuna Lawan Ali, whose husband, Engr Ibrahim Ali is younger brother to late governor Mala Kachallah, are all siblings! Read that again.

They are busy forming alliances so that they can continue to subjugate you agile you are busy fighting over them all over the place. Who is really playing who? You better wake up and start building your own bridges and stop shouting "I will not marry Hausa! I will not marry Igbo! I will not marry Yoruba!".

After reading the above and you believe a Peter Obi can and will succeed in dislodging all these demons to better the lot of Nigerians by taking away food from these lions without a fight, you must be kidding..

A Peter Obi who is cleverly trying to be politically correct and can't say any ill about Atiku whom all Obidients despise is who Nigerian youths are raising their hopes on...laughable

An Atiku and Tinubu who are know and confirmed kleptos and business partners are the ones Nigerian youths are placing their hopes on.

Very laughable situation.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Throwback: 2:58pm On Aug 03, 2022
atinga1:
Until Tinubu sues David Hundeyin for defamation and slander, he's a convicted drug lord. I believe he can hire lawyers in the UK and sue him. If he's not doing that, then he's an ex convict.

Did David ever claim Tinubu was ever convicted?

Or the information was corrupted by your own inability to comprehend?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by rontolo(m): 3:00pm On Aug 03, 2022
Throwback:

Statistics do not lie.

Check the statistics.

So Lagos with its demographics, location and federal investment is now the same as Anambra??
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Artiiclebeast: 3:01pm On Aug 03, 2022
AfricanGiant:
Bros Oil dey your head! Your generation shall experience greatness for this comment! You've said all the things in my mind. The one that baffles me again was when I saw the same Obi with IBB and OBJ that finished Nigeria.

God bless you bro.

The more a lot of us become aware of all these, our redemption will be easier than they imagined it.

Let's keep hope and the faith alive...
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Tayorshd2(m): 3:02pm On Aug 03, 2022
Fantastic question.and.would.love to read responds.cos as.for.me i have nothing to say that MAY GOD HELP US
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Goldymafia: 3:06pm On Aug 03, 2022
Throwback:

Statistics do not lie.

Check the statistics.

you no dey shame..at your age and intelligence nah person grandpa when no fit Waka alone ...when say he go continue where buhari stop u dey campaign for....why some youth like you for this country no get sense self...only wetin dey una head nah tribalism...God forbid this kind country tufia...

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Rubyventures: 3:06pm On Aug 03, 2022
Draslo:

I don't want to make this about any of the aspirants because even if PO wins, it's only a matter of time before history repeats itself.

The only hope we have is the decentralization of power and make regions or states autonomous. Until we do this, nothing really changes.

Sadly this is the bitter truth

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Tayorshd2(m): 3:06pm On Aug 03, 2022
Applaudable comment indeed
...keep it up bro but BAT will revive the situation don't forget thay

AfricanGiant:

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by JohnnyBling(m): 3:06pm On Aug 03, 2022
gidgiddy:

Nothing will change regardless of who wins, the problem of Nigeria is from the foundation.

Nigeria is like a car with a very bad engine. Rather than talk about how to fix the engine, everyone is talking about who will be driver. No matter who the driver is, the car wont get far

At this time, we are now facing scrapping the car, i.e disintegration
If in this case then, a good driver should be able to change that engine by making precise changes and solutions
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Okwyjesus(m): 3:07pm On Aug 03, 2022
Draslo:

I think Obi will stimulate the SMEs for growth. His production economy adopting the China model will help the country begin a new order.

Other things can follow. The most important thing is the will power in the right direction
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Allisgud: 3:10pm On Aug 03, 2022
Skyview01:

The presidency does not have such power.
so who permit such power
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by sonofthunder: 3:17pm On Aug 03, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
It's in his gene.

Comedy central

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Simeonjoe1: 3:23pm On Aug 03, 2022
skj1377:
what I expect in 5yrs is simple. The price of diesel should be say N100 per liter because it is the main driving force of the economy. secondly, roads should be rehabilitated with direct labour and not foreign construction companies this will save us huge forex and grow the experience of our local engineers. I expect a better economy driven by production and a huge market/population. all in all, Nigerians will be safer and happier.

Stick to your marker trade. A national economics is not for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Police Games Holds In Anambra State (photos) / Herdsmen May Form Own Security Outfit Soon – Bodejo, Miyetti Allah Boss / President Buhari Receives Chief Of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Gambo In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.