Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? (23989 Views)

Chukwuemeka Ojukwu's Will: Bianca Wins In Court / Banji Akintoye: North To Continue To Rule Nigeria Regardless Of Who’s President / Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Anndrew(m): 5:42pm On Aug 03, 2022
Draslo:

I don't want to make this about any of the aspirants because even if PO wins, it's only a matter of time before history repeats itself.

The only hope we have is the decentralization of power and make regions or states autonomous. Until we do this, nothing really changes.
yes.I agree with u,I also agree with him cause nothing will change,if atiku or tinubu win..they are the same..Elite tinz...u like u say,decentralisation of power..Only obi can give us,he has said it before that he will decentralise power,which will cripple the strong hold power of the elite,which tinubu and atiku belong to....even most of the northerners wouldn't agree to it,cause they will lose power,quota system will become a history,.do u remember transmission Igp idris..he also say,he will state police,state autonomy....decentralisation is the greatest fight in the history of Nigeria,which Obi want to break,.come 2023..A new dawn will shine in Nigeria...Peter obi/datti for president..no pain no gain
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Drenix(m): 5:46pm On Aug 03, 2022
My life will change for good

Dunnno about you
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by missionmex(m): 5:55pm On Aug 03, 2022
Artiiclebeast:

I wonder how and why such so-called educated folks can't understand that Obi is already tied and connected to these folks so long as he had already being linked with Atiku and there's no way he can rule independent of these demons should he win and the story would always remain the same and worse for the country and citizens.

Make we dey watch...
please tell who is not connected in anyway with another politician?
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Gaabasky: 5:59pm On Aug 03, 2022
Nothing will e changed, I am even worrying that things might go worse.
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Artiiclebeast: 6:03pm On Aug 03, 2022
missionmex:
please tell who is not connected in anyway with another politician?

I can speak for myself. I am not and will never be connected to anyone of them in this present circle until I am convinced otherwise and God will punish me the day I decide to go against what he has laid in my heart and head because I want to selfishly get close to the table of the demons and eat with them or to partake in their blood money.

I thank God for the gift of contentment.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Antyxx: 6:37pm On Aug 03, 2022
ignis:
ASUU will always strike.
Lol
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by atinga1: 6:40pm On Aug 03, 2022
Throwback:

Did David ever claim Tinubu was ever convicted?

Or the information was corrupted by your own inability to comprehend?
He was indicted I meant to say. He was found guilty and then made to forfeit thousands of dollars. An honest man would fight the US courts until they release his funds, but Drug lord he was guilty & knows there's more than enough where that one came from. If that's not a red flag, I don't know what is.
Keep deceiving yourself and continue with your weak defense.

Btw, if you're not paid for fighting for Tinubu like the other BMC guys, then you need someone to slap some sense into you.
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by MuslimIgbo: 6:41pm On Aug 03, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
If PO wins, he will reduce the cost of governanance and cut most of the frivolous spending.
It's in his gene.
Keep fooling yourself

Rubbish
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by jojothaiv(m): 6:51pm On Aug 03, 2022
Throwback:
Deep question.

I don't know what will change with infrastructure as it cost money.

However I will hope that the government will enthrone a change of the corruption mindset that many have in this country.

Those who are bypassing their power meter, yet they are obidient.

Those who depend on extortion as Police officers, Airport personnel, Civil Servants, etc to fund that building project ongoing, and are batified.

Those who have made corruption their vehicle to wealth while working in the Millitary, Customs or Imigration, and are willing to waste lives of their subordinates and civilians, while they continue to wait on Atiku to release his cum.

I only hope in that which can be achieved without financial cost, but many leaders have refused to take serious because they insulate themselves while in power, only to begin writing letters when out of power.
I like the way you go about with your analogies, in Nigeria, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

We hope to end with the lesser devil but you see that corruption mindset, we need more than a good leadership (sadly, all of the three flag bearers are lacking) to fixed that because the mess run deep, the saints here and far and few.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by ORIAYO70(m): 7:35pm On Aug 03, 2022
Draslo:
I am asking this because I know Nigerians. Since I can remember, every democratic administration is presumably worse than the last.

During Obasanjo's era, people cursed him and said Abacha's administration despite the brazen thievery and tyranny were better years.

(skipping Yar'adua for obvious reasons)

During Jonathan's era, google labelled him the most cursed president on the planet while many labelled him a clueless drunk. Everyone agreed Obj's years despite trillions syphoned through NEPA were better.

The curtain on Buhari's administration is gradually closing and it's safe to say most people attribute any problem to Buhari even if they trip on a flight of stairs and break a leg. Again, we all agree Jonathan's years were much better.

I'm afraid that regardless of the outcome of the forthcoming elections, nothing really changes. If and when the value of the USD comes down, the value of products and services in Naira remain exactly where they are waiting for the next increase in USD value to further increase prices. This is a prime product of a failed state. I remember during Jonathan's last years, all sorts of charts came up just like now depicting drastic price changes compared to when he was just a vice president.

I know this is a very pessimistic view but can you blame me? They say more than half of our population are youth. This means in less than 20 years, our population will double. We don't even have plans for that!

Absolutely Nothing
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 03, 2022
Allisgud:
so who permit such power

The Senate and house of reps have more power than the presidency.
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by harmargedon: 8:02pm On Aug 03, 2022
Price of food in the market.
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 03, 2022
Alot will change, but I pray it's for the better.
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Allisgud: 8:22pm On Aug 03, 2022
Skyview01:

The Senate and house of reps have more power than the presidency.
I mention all that before that if majority of them defect to labour party
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by ArewaNorth: 8:27pm On Aug 03, 2022
Draslo:
I am asking this because I know Nigerians. Since I can remember, every democratic administration is presumably worse than the last.

During Obasanjo's era, people cursed him and said Abacha's administration despite the brazen thievery and tyranny were better years.

During Jonathan's era, google labelled him the most cursed president on the planet while many labelled him a clueless drunk. Everyone agreed Obj's years despite trillions syphoned through NEPA were better.

The curtain on Buhari's administration is gradually closing and it's safe to say most people attribute any problem to Buhari even if they trip on a flight of stairs and break a leg. Again, we all agree Jonathan's years were much better.

I'm afraid that regardless of the outcome of the forthcoming elections, nothing really changes. If and when the value of the USD comes down, the value of products and services in Naira remain exactly where they are waiting for the next increase in USD value to further increase prices. This is a prime product of a failed state. I remember during Jonathan's last years, all sorts of charts came up just like now depicting drastic price changes compared to when he was just a vice president.

I know this is a very pessimistic view but can you blame me? They say more than half of our population are youth. This means in less than 20 years, our population will double. We don't even have plans for that!

Corruption, inflation and insecurity may persist!
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 03, 2022
Allisgud:
I mention all that before that if majority of them defect to labour party

All of them are political prostitutes. The country is doomed.!
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Aidejay(m): 8:49pm On Aug 03, 2022
Dear OP, Your Pessimissm Is Grounded.
It's Very Hard To Predict The Future So I Can't Say. Nigeria Is Really A Failing State, No One Is Talking About Real Sociological, Mental, Political Or Economic Revolution.
These Candidates Are Just Buzzing Keywords. None Has Said Anything Relatively Impressive To Me.
These Guys Aren't Capable Of Changing Anything!
Well Hopefully In The Next 5 Years I Manage To Lead Or Follow A Real Psychological Revolutional Struggle. That Becomes The Basis For An Earth Shattering National Movement.
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by AFRICANJAMAICA: 8:56pm On Aug 03, 2022
Throwback:

And Peter Obi is an unusual political prostitute without integrity who despite being a former bank Chairman, allowed a contractor to cash N250m in Anambra that was to be expended in Lagos that harboured the bank headquarters.

Or do we even talk about the conflict of interest in domiciling Anambra State funds in the same Fidelity Bank whose board he chaired before becoming Governor? Or is it the conflict of investing state funds in a company in which he had interests?

How is he different from Atiku that put PTDF funds in his private bank account? Or why hide away his wealth in secret and complex accounts under his daughters name?

After Atiku, Obi is the chief contender for a typical and desperate politician. And those you continue to welcome to Labour Party like Peter Obi, are they not the same failed politicians who move about looking for a ticket - the next meal ticket of power?

If una want vote for a rotten old bones from d grave,na una go suffer am pass
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by ume1000: 8:59pm On Aug 03, 2022
Throwback:
Anyway, we all know Tinubu has the best chance of improving the economy.

Statistics do not lie.

Check the statistics.

Tinubu began the rapid growth of Lagos that has seen Lagos become the 5th largest economy in Africa

Where is Anamabra on that list?

Tinubu grew Lagos monthly IGR from N600m to N7b in 8yrs.
Obi grew Anambra monthly IGR from N450 to N700m in 8yrs.

Are we cursed to always support the failure on offer?

Even your children will doubt your sanity in wanting an Obi over a Tinubu who is an economic genius.

In my language Peter Obi is best described as "ba seje, Obi t'on so lerun"

Obi is a fig tree that cannot bear fruit.

Even Jesus Christ was mortified and cursed it forever.
how much Tinubu thief from the revenue when im increase?
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Guninerma231: 10:16pm On Aug 03, 2022
Dollar to Naira will always change (positively or negatively) regardless of who becomes the next Nigeria's president.

Draslo:

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by kabasa24: 11:07pm On Aug 03, 2022
FOOD WILL SUPLUS AND WE WILL ALSO EXPORT MORE WHICH WILL HWLP GROW OUR ECONOMY
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by saladinnoir: 11:28pm On Aug 03, 2022
Artiiclebeast:

The problem with some of you is that you get so rigid in your erroneous and ignorant beliefs that it becomes so easy for these people to manipulate and use you as willing tools.

If I was hailing Tinubu or Atiku like the selfish ones thinking only about their pockets and what they will get by installing yet another failure, you would have had even more curse words for me.

But here, I am, with my one and true allegiance to my country in hopes to see it get better by telling the truth. But because it doesn't sound pleasing to your ears in justification of your support for any of the candidates you see me as saying trash.

I'm going to tell you something and I hope you'll take it and keep it in your journey through life.

The truth is not always sweet to the ears. Most times, it hits you very bitterly and if you are smart, it'd lead you into re-evaluating your beliefs or whatever you've been holding on to and therefore make better choices/decisions.

I can tell you for free that if I was greedy, selfish, or looking to make you and your likes love me, God has blessed me with the capacity to find the right words to curry and sell any of the candidates to you conveniently and you'd buy it as it were without any hassles because all you want to hear are good things about your favourite candidates.

I thank God for me and how God has fashioned me.

I am able to think out if the box and not get carried away by the crowd.

Tell me your candidate and I assure you, despite all the contras I can tell you about them and the system, I can also market and sell them to you conveniently and you wouldn't know.

Make una open una minds and eyes..

Bro can you tell me about Peter obi. I'm confused about who to support in this coming election, I just want this country to fix.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Nobody: 12:27am On Aug 04, 2022
Simeonjoe1:

. How. How will he improve it?

By channelling the money that is meant for security into actual security.
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Artiiclebeast: 12:40am On Aug 04, 2022
saladinnoir:

Bro can you tell me about Peter obi. I'm confused about who to support in this coming election, I just want this country to fix.

My dear brother, Peter Obi seems to be the better of the lot contesting no doubt.

The truth is, if he wins, will he be able to stand up to the demonic people holding the country down like Atiku whom he has a high regard for and concentrate on delivering on what the enthusiastic electorates are hoping for?

If he's able to tell them all off and dares to better the lot of the citizens this will translate to him depriving these rogues from feasting fast on the nations resources as they have been used to and they will all gang up as usual to unsettle and fight him.

Does Peter Obi have the qualities and coordination to repel these gang-ups because these guys won't fold their hands and watch a Peter Obi or anyone interested in bettering the lives of Nigerians to deprive them of their source of livelihood and to crown it all up, these guys are a front and the ones holding Nigeria in trust for the original owners of the business (the UK) otherwise, the UK has the wherewithal to support any government that truly desires to work to better the country and nip in the bud any potential sabotage to that effect.

But you see, the UK see Nigeria as their company and would only support anyone who makes the business profitable for them and in that process, the ones taking care of the company for the UK are able to run amok and corner some loot for themselves without any reprimand.

The honest truth is, no matter who wins next year, things might even get worse than they presently are and hopefully, it would get worse before it begins to get better.

As it stands, we are left with the 3 major candidates to choose from. I'll urge you to follow your heart, listen to them speak, and check out their history to know who you are confident with the more and exercise you civil right of voting.

Peace and God bless.

My

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by thinkmoney(m): 1:10am On Aug 04, 2022
Draslo:

See a single individual can change the direction of a country. A good example is Putin; Russia was becoming increasingly weak and complacent towards the west before Putin came in.
There is a president that single handedly changed Singapore.
Gaddafi had a huge impact on Libya so too Mugabe
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by skj1377(m): 7:26am On Aug 04, 2022
Oga just incase you don't know we borrow from China to construct roads unfortunately our debt to GDP ratio is almost 90%. Looking inwards at local alternatives is about the only other option left. Secondly, many industries are no longer profitable due to high cost of diesel. The only other option is to source diesel locally or subsidies if not massive unemployment as well as loss of revenue due to fewer people and companies to tax. My submission is logical. The next administration can't continue on this borrowing spree.
Simeonjoe1:

Stick to your marker trade. A national economics is not for you.
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by CaveAdullam: 7:58am On Aug 04, 2022
Artiiclebeast:

My dear brother, Peter Obi seems to be the better of the lot contesting no doubt.

The truth is if he wins, will he be able to stand up to the demonic people holding the country down like Atiku whom he has high regard for, and concentrate on delivering on what the enthusiastic electorates are hoping for?

If he's able to tell them all off and dares to better a lot of the citizens this will translate to him depriving these rogues of feasting fast on the nation's resources as they have been used to and they will all gang up as usual to unsettle and fight him.

Does Peter Obi have the qualities and coordination to repel these gang-ups because these guys won't fold their hands and watch Peter Obi or anyone interested in bettering the lives of Nigerians deprive them of their source of livelihood and crown it all up, these guys are a front and the ones holding Nigeria in trust for the original owners of the business (the UK) otherwise, the UK has the wherewithal to support any government that truly desires to work to better the country and nip in the bud any potential sabotage to that effect?

But you see, the UK see Nigeria as their company and would only support anyone who makes the business profitable for them, and in that process, the ones taking care of the company for the UK can run amok and corner some loot for themselves without any reprimand.

The truth is, no matter who wins next year, things might even get worse than they presently are, and hopefully, it would get worse before it begins to get better.

As it stands, we are left with the 3 major candidates to choose from. I'll urge you to follow your heart, listen to them speak, and check out their history to know who you are confident with more and exercise your civil right of voting.

Peace and God bless.

My

1. This post is a diamond in the rough. (I also read a post where you did a summary of Nigeria's political allies and I was awed).

2. I share the same opinion as you. Peter Obi is the best man for the job, but will he be able to fight the dragons, lions, and vultures in the Nigerian political domain? That's my fear concerning him. He is just like a fox, a wild cat though, but can he stand other wild cats and dangerous political animals?

3. It is not about taking over the presidential seat, politics is more than "I'm the president". There are political allies that surround the presidential seats, kingmakers, and hitmen who will not allow anybody to jeopardize their selfish ambitions and rapacious proclivity.

4. It is not becoming the president that matters, how is he going to handle these demons and devils from the pit of hell? That's my fear concerning Peter Obi's presidency. Anything else he is a quality candidate (though not oblivious to the fact that he shares the same sentiments as other politicians one way or the other).

5. Bola Ahmed Tinubu can go toe to toe with these allies because he is among the caucus of allies. He has some notable track record as a governor of Lagos state; give or take, he contributed to Lagos being one of the most productive states in Nigeria if not the most productive. But man is too senile for the job. Like Buhari, he will not be in charge of his government, just his caucus of allies having their leeway around the national treasury. If Tinubu was as agile as Obi, he would have been a good bet. Except for his political cunningness and maneuvers, Tinubu will not be politically present to rule the nation.

6. Atiku Abubakar, is a smart demon, but what does he have to show? What notable record did he make as a former VP? He is also part of the allies and cabals that hold the country down looking after his gains. With his presidency, more rooms for cankerworms will be opened. He may try to achieve a few things as a president, but it is a sham.

7. Nigerian politicians only want to help the nation once it's election time. Funny. We should not even talk about the trade by barter they do with other countries as a result of multilateral relationships. Politics is not void of greed and corruption, but the level it has eaten deep into the Federal Republic of Nigeria and Africa as a whole is more than cancer. Same people will complain about white slavery, simultaneously they pander to the wiles and caprices of their European and American overlords.

8. Had it been we are even struggling but making little progress, it would have been understandable just like other nations that had tough moments as we are experiencing.

9. Reality check: Nigeria is doomed. We don't know what will happen next. The country is on autopilot. The masses are doomed!

Who will help us?

Like the suggestion Pansophist made in another thread, Africans must form allies with Russia and China. Colonialism kind of thing may be attached to this, but what we want is help. At least, African leaders will be smart enough to handle things well this time around.

Without this help from above...

Thanks.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by danity5love: 8:55am On Aug 04, 2022
I stand corrected Nothing will change.. tho OBi may try and work something out ..but within the next few months things will return back to what it was..

There's something about cabal,inner cacaus you guys don't understand ...you can not change the govt ..the govt will change it for you.. the cabal will always win

If you still don't get it clear,..watch The BLACKLIST a season premiere at list it will give you an insight on what the government are capable of doing..
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by MrWraith: 9:16am On Aug 04, 2022
ednut1:
Nothing the black man is not capable of leadership

Lord lugard in his book dual mandates below. 100 years later same still applies

“Through the ages, the African appears to have evolved no organised religious creed, and though some tribes appear to believe in a deity, the religious sense seldom rises above pantheistic animalism and seems more often to take the form of a vague dread of the supernatural. He lacks the power of organisation, and is conspicuously deficient in the management and control alike of men or business. He loves the display of power, but fails to realize its responsibility - he will work hard with a less incentive than most races. He has the courage of the fighting animal, an instinct rather than a moral virtue. In brief, the virtues and defects of his race -type are those of attractive children, whose confidence when it is won is given ungrudgingly as to an older and wiser superior and without envy. Perhaps, the two traits which have impressed me as those most characteristic of the African native are his lack of apprehension and his lack of ability to visualize the future"
Hope you and those liking this comment realise y'all are black. You clearly demonstrate a " lack of apprehension and lack of ability to visualize the future"
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by MrWraith: 9:26am On Aug 04, 2022
CaveAdullam:

Like the suggestion Pansophist made in another thread, Africans must form allies with Russia and China. Colonialism kind of thing may be attached to this, but what we want is help. At least, African leaders will be smart enough to handle things well this time around.

Without this help from above...

Thanks.

Allying with Russia and China will get Nigeria nowhere. There's no evidence that those nation's have plans other than dislodging the west and getting resources for cheap. Saving this country and continent as an extension is left to us and us alone. No saviour is coming from far away lands
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by CaveAdullam: 9:45am On Aug 04, 2022
MrWraith:
Allying with Russia and China will get Nigeria nowhere. There's no evidence that those nations have plans other than dislodging the west and getting resources for cheap. Saving this country and continent as an extension is left to us and us alone. No savior is coming from far away lands

You are right man.

But Nigeria's problem is bigger than Nigeria, the president, and the masses. Though many nations are independent according to their name or legislature, they still depend on other nations for help. Restructuring or disintegration may be a method to solve the cancerous problem, but it is just temporal.

The problem of this nation is foundational. It started decades ago. The current administration just shows how far the rot has eaten deep. Nigeria is under subtle colonialism headed by European and American overlords. You may think it is easy to just pull out from their tentacles until you discover that they hold the nation and their leaders by the jugulars. The same goes for the African continent. Slavery is now mental, political, and economic and no longer chains and whips.

Nigeria's problem is not a classroom problem that can be solved in 40 minutes or a term. Or, a family problem that can be solved by the eldest man in the family. Or, a community problem. Our politicians and leaders are under the dictate of these overlords, these overlords rule us by proxy. Iran, Libya, and Ecuador tried to break via Hussein, Gadaffi, and "..." respectively but met with a drastic counterattack that cost their lives.

These overlords have tied the nation via the greed of our leaders, loans, and foreign aid. For us to win them is to look for another overlord who are enemies to these overlords that oppress us, hence, China and Russia come to mind. This is a political game and not moral optimistic wishful thinking. Being good or moral as much as it sounds reasonable will not take us to the promised land, though we may need them explicitly in the promised land.

Only Moses's kind of character though good but evil can be able to lead us. First, it is not the masses that are unwilling to move, pharaoh who happens to be our overlords and not the slave masters(our politicians) are the first to be tackled and removed from the equation.

Thanks.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Savagr(m): 9:54am On Aug 04, 2022
CaveAdullam:

You are right man.

But Nigeria's problem is bigger than Nigeria, the president, and the masses. Though many nations are independent according to their name or legislature, they still depend on other nations for help. Restructuring or disintegration may be a method to solve the cancerous problem, but it is just temporal.

The problem of this nation is foundational. It started decades ago. The current administration just shows how far the rot has eaten deep. Nigeria is under subtle colonialism headed by European and American overlords. You may think it is easy to just pull out from their tentacles until you discover that they hold the nation and their leaders by the jugulars. The same goes for the African continent. Slavery is now mental, political, and economic and no longer chains and whips.

Nigeria's problem is not a classroom problem that can be solved in 40 minutes or a term. Or, a family problem that can be solved by the eldest man in the family. Or, a community problem. Our politicians and leaders are under the dictate of these overlords, these overlords rule us by proxy. Iran, Libya, and Ecuador tried to break via Hussein, Gadaffi, and "..." respectively but met with a drastic counterattack that cost their lives.

These overlords have tied the nation via the greed of our leaders, loans, and foreign aid. For us to win them is to look for another overlord who are enemies to these overlords that oppress us, hence, China and Russia come to mind. This is a political game and not moral optimistic wishful thinking. Being good or moral as much as it sounds reasonable will not take us to the promised land, though we may need them explicitly in the promised land.

Only Moses's kind of character though good but evil can be able to lead us. First, it is not the masses that are unwilling to move, pharaoh who happens to be our overlords and not the slave masters(our politicians) are the first to be tackled and removed from the equation.

Thanks.
you have a point there
But what's the possible way to achieve that. Coup?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Easter Monday Service By Soldiers In Sambisa Today (Photo) / Sanwo-Olu Commissions Newly Upgraded Glover Memoriall Hall / Bandits Have Invaded Ogun And Osun Forests - Gani Adams Raises Alarm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.