Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? (23990 Views)

Chukwuemeka Ojukwu's Will: Bianca Wins In Court / Banji Akintoye: North To Continue To Rule Nigeria Regardless Of Who’s President / Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Maynman: 1:06pm On Aug 03, 2022
People paradigm will change about voting.
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by casualobserver: 1:06pm On Aug 03, 2022
Not a lot will change because the country is made up of Nigerians. A leopard does not change its spots. What did not happen in 62 years is not going to happen in 5!!!!

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Draslo(m): 1:06pm On Aug 03, 2022
Artiiclebeast:

It sure does look bleak but please, do not give up hope. Just get your expectations lowered so you don't get your hopes dashed.

It will get worse than this before it begins to get better.

We just need to get more people educated and from there, solutions will begin to get proffered
How do we do it? This dynastic cycle in our politics as you have rightly educated us will continue to burn the bridges between the ruling class and the average Nigerian leaving them to forever determine the fate of this country.

We should decentralize power as quickly as possible

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by onuman: 1:06pm On Aug 03, 2022
Terrorism and banditory shall cease to exist in Nigeria if the Labour Party wins the presidential race, but will multiply if PDP or APC wins.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by miqos02(m): 1:07pm On Aug 03, 2022
A lot of sacrifices are required, can we afford it ? Both leaders and masses

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by OgaDeyVex: 1:07pm On Aug 03, 2022
God Almighty Help Us Out In This Country
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by smile11s(m): 1:08pm On Aug 03, 2022
Lol is this not a Tinubu thread?
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by remigiusizunna(m): 1:08pm On Aug 03, 2022
For FOOD or WORST
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by shortIGBOman: 1:09pm On Aug 03, 2022
In five years to come, Peter ObiTUARY and his IPOB Terrorist, will resume their "BIAFRA or dead" campaign. Cause he will definitely loose next year's election. grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by sammhi(m): 1:10pm On Aug 03, 2022
Draslo:
I am asking this because I know Nigerians. Since I can remember, every democratic administration is presumably worse than the last.

During Obasanjo's era, people cursed him and said Abacha's administration despite the brazen thievery and tyranny were better years.

(skipping Yar'adua for obvious reasons)

During Jonathan's era, google labelled him the most cursed president on the planet while many labelled him a clueless drunk. Everyone agreed Obj's years despite trillions syphoned through NEPA were better.

The curtain on Buhari's administration is gradually closing and it's safe to say most people attribute any problem to Buhari even if they trip on a flight of stairs and break a leg. Again, we all agree Jonathan's years were much better.

I'm afraid that regardless of the outcome of the forthcoming elections, nothing really changes. If and when the value of the USD comes down, the value of products and services in Naira remain exactly where they are waiting for the next increase in USD value to further increase prices. This is a prime product of a failed state. I remember during Jonathan's last years, all sorts of charts came up just like now depicting drastic price changes compared to when he was just a vice president.

I know this is a very pessimistic view but can you blame me? They say more than half of our population are youth. This means in less than 20 years, our population will double. We don't even have plans for that!

U have never witnessed good governance so your skepticism is in justified
But I tell you if we vote out these two old parties and a new one come in , elected by the people ,u will begin to see changes
Many countries were like Naija but with good leaders over time they became what they are .
PO is frugal , visionary, prudent and business minded
He may not change many things in 8 years but we will begin to have trajectory.

7 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by AminuRano87(m): 1:10pm On Aug 03, 2022
Draslo:

I don't want to make this about any of the aspirants because even if PO wins, it's only a matter of time before history repeats itself.

The only hope we have is the decentralization of power and make regions or states autonomous. Until we do this, nothing really changes.

The little power the states have, what are they doing with it. They control local governments and many of them cannot pay salaries and pensions talkless of projects. Even if you give them more power, most of them will abuse it.

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Ofunaofu: 1:10pm On Aug 03, 2022
Throwback:
Anyway, we all know Tinubu has the best chance of improving the economy.

Statistics do not lie.

Check the statistics.
grin
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by KingDash: 1:10pm On Aug 03, 2022
Thank God say I Dey leave this country September

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by jesustheissue: 1:10pm On Aug 03, 2022
REALITY STINKS, WE ALL CAN FEEL IT BUT PESSIMISM KILLS!!
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by OgogoroFreak(m): 1:11pm On Aug 03, 2022
One thing for sure, the economy will be worst than it is.
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Omotosho1090905(m): 1:11pm On Aug 03, 2022
Your right OP I guess it's true what they say, if you need the government to save you then your already lost

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Sheriman(m): 1:12pm On Aug 03, 2022
Things can't fall into place except will change that fraudulent military constitution that makes one region of the country to overlords other regions

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by BigDawsNet: 1:12pm On Aug 03, 2022
Japa will increase
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by NwaAdazzi(m): 1:12pm On Aug 03, 2022
Tinubu will rescue Nigeria from APC Come 2023.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by sammirano: 1:12pm On Aug 03, 2022
Obi will turn Nig to south east. Mud republic. He must not come third at the polls
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Yankee101: 1:12pm On Aug 03, 2022
The insecurity must stop
Or else people will arm themselves
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by SALLAM2022: 1:13pm On Aug 03, 2022
Absolutely nothing will, in as much we keep voting selfish people into power. Ko le change kobo!!
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Trapnews: 1:13pm On Aug 03, 2022
grin
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by Realmi: 1:14pm On Aug 03, 2022
shocked
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by kolarov93(m): 1:14pm On Aug 03, 2022
Only Buhari grammar grin grin grin
Condemn and shock
Re: What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? by skj1377(m): 1:14pm On Aug 03, 2022
what I expect in 5yrs is simple. The price of diesel should be say N100 per liter because it is the main driving force of the economy. secondly, roads should be rehabilitated with direct labour and not foreign construction companies this will save us huge forex and grow the experience of our local engineers. I expect a better economy driven by production and a huge market/population. all in all, Nigerians will be safer and happier.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Kill DELSU Staff And A Farmer / Philip Effiong's 91st Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Easter Monday Service By Soldiers In Sambisa Today (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.