Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,685 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. (27108 Views)

Rufai Oseni Apologises For BRT Lane Incident / Nigerian Air Force Vehicle Illegally Using BRT Lane Kills Young Artist In Lagos / Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by treatise: 7:19am On Aug 03, 2022
jackcanfield:
grin grin But Google Map can't differentiate between BRT lane and normal lanes na ...Na wa o we never dey use driverless car and someone don dey put Google Map for trouble ..Maybe Lagos State need to incorporate fast lane in their future road design perhaps underground for people with emergencies and toll it.
Google map cover him face make him nor see BRT lanes? Na wa o
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by phillipsadeojo(m): 7:26am On Aug 03, 2022
Very funny
madridguy:
"I was misled by Google map to drive on BRT lane" Comedian talk grin grin grin
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Oju4190: 7:29am On Aug 03, 2022
That made him an ex convict
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by robinso01(m): 7:31am On Aug 03, 2022
ppogba:

At least if you pay it once knowing that it is too much, you will not repeat the offence. That is what they call deterrent.

But they should also consider the fact that things are not easy now. I didn't say anyone found guilty should not be fined, but should not be as much as that.
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Ixodes(m): 7:34am On Aug 03, 2022
Sannisege:
Nice one from Rufai. Other Nigerians should emulate him by not giving bribes to traffic officials when caught on the wrong side of the law.
Omo we never reach that level o with the poverty wey dey here. something wey 2 to 5k for solve for street court don turn am to 70k.
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by kingthreat(m): 7:34am On Aug 03, 2022
Articul8:
So what will happen to the police man that pointed gun at him? Is that the new way of operation even with traffic offenders?

A policeman has a right to point a gun at someone to enforce the law. What the hell do you take the law for, a baby creche? Try this in America, police stop your car and you keep driving or police tells you to get out of the vehicle and you keep arguing stupidly. If na lonely place, police fit pump you claim threat of violence and nothing will happen. Respect the fucking law.
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Richy4(m): 7:35am On Aug 03, 2022
Femeto:
Forget that one. The Nigerian police are trained to put fear on civilians when they want to arrest you. They are always on the defensive approach even when there is zero threat.
Ok..
I am curious because I can't remember but I need you to answer this.. what are they called;

Nigerian Police Force or
Nigerian Police Service..

Just have it at the back of your mind that those are not the same..
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by kingthreat(m): 7:35am On Aug 03, 2022
duduade:
So what's special about this news!!
Most Nigerians don't think in their right senses tbh

He never had a problem with paying the fine

He had a problem with the said policeman pointing his rifle at him. What if there was an accidental discharge

We feel we know it all until it happens to you PERSONALLY

Until a policeman points his gun at you threatening to shoot then you would know the implication

Did you see the video where he called the policemen bastards and threatened to call the governors on them?
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by ppogba: 7:39am On Aug 03, 2022
robinso01:

But they should also consider the fact that things are not easy now. I didn't say anyone found guilty should not be fined, but should not be as much as that.

We are on the same page.
But, if one fails to use their discretion and commit an avoidable offence knowing that things are not easy certainly, they will not repeat same.

Even Rufai who can possibly afford the penalty will not commit again.

If the penalty is N5000 or N10k, there could be the temptation to re- commit.

Deterrence is my point.
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Triangles1(m): 7:42am On Aug 03, 2022
sokera:
See how you just expose your family background

The guy is dumbbell he didn't even know where is good to make noise.
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by robinso01(m): 7:43am On Aug 03, 2022
ppogba:

We are on the same page.
But, if one fails to use their discretion and commit an avoidable offence knowing that things are not easy certainly, they will not repeat same.

Even Rufai who can possibly afford the penalty will not commit again.

If the penalty is N5000 or N10k, there could be the temptation to re- commit.

Deterrence is my point.

I get ur point. The fear of the amount will make them think twice.
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Tareq1105: 7:43am On Aug 03, 2022
Gourdoinc:
Simple and short. The APC agbado goons were expecting a death sentence. They want him in prison so that Tinubu can now visit Arise TV when he isn't there, and make a carricature of himself. Rufai has done nothing , nobody else hasn't done.

See how they blew it up , it shows their desperation. They feel rufai is obident and thus why they gloated at his predicament. Rufai, if you can see this, we obidents will pay for the fine in seconds. Don't fret bro. However don't drive on BRT lanes again. We are a lawful people, na only vawulence against enemies of Nigeria be our bad character.

Be Obidient and yusful

It's obvious that you've lost your sense of reasoning to Obi-dient gullibility.
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by olorunoba(m): 7:47am On Aug 03, 2022
Rufai did a video about these he was not aware it was brt Lane because he is not familiar with the route at the same time he was following two car which police did not apprehend. Am while still in there custody he saw other cars passing and they were not apprehend. When they stop him and enter the car the police man gun was pointing at him that made him angry.9ja no balance at. That ikorodu road na scam infact the worse road built by lagos state government
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Kobicove(m): 7:47am On Aug 03, 2022
His driver's license should have also been suspended for about 6 months for double measureundecided
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by rajiedreez: 7:48am On Aug 03, 2022
grin
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Articul8(m): 7:48am On Aug 03, 2022
kingthreat:

A policeman has a right to point a gun at someone to enforce the law. What the hell do you take the law for, a baby creche? Try this in America, police stop your car and you keep driving or police tells you to get out of the vehicle and you keep arguing stupidly. If na lonely place, police fit pump you claim threat of violence and nothing will happen. Respect the fucking law.
So every single provocation should warrant pulling out a firearm. Wait till they pull one on you
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by madridguy(m): 7:48am On Aug 03, 2022
Let him take the Lagos State to court and challenge the fine.

obi58:

No dey talk like Taliban nau... See as Una dey celebrate say person comot 70k pay for simple mistake.
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Tareq1105: 7:49am On Aug 03, 2022
Gourdoinc:
yes. What is wrong with that. Even you will obey when he becomes the president. You and your family will Obey sir. Not obeying means you want to go on exile from Nigeria. You must obey and be yusful. It is non-negotiable.

Talking as if Obi care about him.
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Gourdoinc(m): 7:53am On Aug 03, 2022
Tareq1105:

Talking as if Obi care about him.
he does. He really does. Why else would a billionaire want to come and recieve insults and threats from people he is better than , if not because he cares for me and my future. He also cares for you and your family. Be Obidient and yusful

1 Like

Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Fujiyama: 7:53am On Aug 03, 2022
Richy4:

Not trying to be the devil's advocate but before a gun will be pointed at an individual, there must have been an action or inaction right?

A police officer cannot just point a gun at an individual simply because he drove the wrong way..

^^^
grin grin
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Chris2863(m): 7:53am On Aug 03, 2022
Articul8:
So what will happen to the police man that pointed gun at him? Is that the new way of operation even with traffic offenders?
can you show us a video purporting that?
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 03, 2022
Richy4:

Not trying to be the devil's advocate but before a gun will be pointed at an individual, there must have been an action or inaction right?

In as much as it was wrong pointing a gun at a defenceless citizen,Did he outrightly agreed that he broke the law immediately and was willing to submit himself for the law to take its course or was there some argument?

[s]A police officer cannot just point a gun at an individual simply because he drove the wrong way..
[/s]
I don't need to tell you how violent and arrogant some people behave especially when they think they knew the president of a country or any influential person and got him or her on speed dial..
Is it the same police that won’t hesitate to shoot you because you refuse to give him 100 naira? Bros abeg rest, you’re not making any point.
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by gloryman91: 7:55am On Aug 03, 2022
Stubborn stupid and useless boy.
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Mandate2023: 7:55am On Aug 03, 2022
Ucheamani:

Please how many properties do you own in Lagos?

Mumu dumb head, ur father get any property for lagos....even in ur shallow mindset, that I have properties in Anambra and ur father does not have any, that does not make me more Anambra than ur father
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Gourdoinc(m): 7:55am On Aug 03, 2022
Tareq1105:

It's obvious that you've lost your sense of reasoning to Obi-dient gullibility.
because he wasn't sentenced to life Imprisonment ? Or he wasn't sent to the gallows for execution ? For a traffic offence ? The same offence you have committed this year many times ? Peter obi loves you. Be obident and yusful
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Tareq1105: 7:55am On Aug 03, 2022
olorunoba:
Rufai did a video about these he was not aware it was brt Lane because he is not familiar with the route at the same time he was following two car which police did not apprehend. Am while still in there custody he saw other cars passing and they were not apprehend. When they stop him and enter the car the police man gun was pointing at him that made him angry.9ja no balance at. That ikorodu road na scam infact the worse road built by lagos state government

Thank God it's not Lastma that arrested him they would have said Tinubu sent them. Obi-dients are stupid, rude, and gullible just like Ipob Biafra agitators. I spit on them.
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:58am On Aug 03, 2022
What about the police officer that threatened him with a rifle.
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Tareq1105: 8:02am On Aug 03, 2022
Gourdoinc:
because he wasn't sentenced to life Imprisonment ? Or he wasn't sent to the gallows for execution ? For a traffic offence ? The same offence you have committed this year many times ? Peter obi loves you. Be obident and yusful

Is he the first to be so charged for traffic offence in Lagos? Why are you fools encouraging lawlessness? Is this how obi-dients want to run Nigeria?
No be only Obi-dient, na yuslessness. For your information, I don't belong to your generation.

1 Like

Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by BabaO2: 8:06am On Aug 03, 2022
maestroferddi:
Too bad for you because Rufai might be among the top journalists who will anchor the presidential debates...
By being irresponsible is model? What a thinking.
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by otokx(m): 8:08am On Aug 03, 2022
Lagos government is making money.
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:08am On Aug 03, 2022
madridguy:
"I was misled by Google map to drive on BRT lane" Comedian talk grin grin grin
I have been driving in Lagos for years. Dude told a big fat lie
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by RichLastBorn: 8:12am On Aug 03, 2022
Zibita7:
He should pay ASAP

God bless Nigeria
God bless America
God bless Lagos State
Woe unto Buhari
Woe unto Tinubu
Woe unto Atiku
Woe unto Shetimma
600 years of suffering for all Urchins

This a news reporter not a politician my dear!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Employee Organised The Robbery, Rape & Murder Of His Mistress & Master In Ilorin / Julius Alagwu, UNIZIK Student Stabbed To Death / Angry Ibeshe Community Nabs Notorious Armed Robber (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.