Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,346 members, 7,836,416 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. (27154 Views)

Rufai Oseni Apologises For BRT Lane Incident / Nigerian Air Force Vehicle Illegally Using BRT Lane Kills Young Artist In Lagos / Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by ShaqFu: 8:14am On Aug 03, 2022
How nice. Imagine the cheap lie he told about Google map misleading him into following BRT Lane. If it was Lai Mohammed who said this lie now, he will be live on Arise TV shouting and condemning him.

I've always and will say that we Nigerians are the root cause of all the problems bedeviling us as a country.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Indispensable85(m): 8:20am On Aug 03, 2022
Gourdoinc:
Simple and short. The APC agbado goons were expecting a death sentence. They want him in prison so that Tinubu can now visit Arise TV when he isn't there, and make a carricature of himself. Rufai has done nothing , nobody else hasn't done.

See how they blew it up , it shows their desperation. They feel rufai is obident and thus why they gloated at his predicament. Rufai, if you can see this, we obidents will pay for the fine in seconds. Don't fret bro. However don't drive on BRT lanes again. We are a lawful people, na only vawulence against enemies of Nigeria be our bad character.

Be Obidient and yusful

Imagine the nonsense. And this is somebody that wants a better Nigeria? Tuehhhhhhhh
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Indispensable85(m): 8:21am On Aug 03, 2022
Rufai is now an ex-convict. Lol........
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by MotiveU(f): 8:25am On Aug 03, 2022
Very good...
All does that brought Mr, calamity are having a taste of it.
It will go round
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 03, 2022
madridguy:
"I was misled by Google map to drive on BRT lane" Comedian talk grin grin grin
Well, this is tenable actually, I'm not saying that he's saying the truth though.

In UK for example, Google maps differentiate between pedestrian route, cyclists, motorway, bus lane, and so on. So he's actually right. Only that he's being insincere clearly.
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by 247man: 8:28am On Aug 03, 2022
iampeterben:
No one is above the law. Very good one!

Unnecessary drama… he was ready to pay instantly… but cos of our usual drama. Nonsense
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Batallion23: 8:30am On Aug 03, 2022
Gourdoinc:
Simple and short. The APC agbado goons were expecting a death sentence. They want him in prison so that Tinubu can now visit Arise TV when he isn't there, and make a carricature of himself. Rufai has done nothing , nobody else hasn't done.

See how they blew it up , it shows their desperation. They feel rufai is obident and thus why they gloated at his predicament. Rufai, if you can see this, we obidents will pay for the fine in seconds. Don't fret bro. However don't drive on BRT lanes again. We are a lawful people, na only vawulence against enemies of Nigeria be our bad character.

Be Obidient and yusful

Mumu people. You imagine that it's a politician in that scenario and Rufai is on Arise to talk about it. You know how he will drag the person. So what is good for the goose is also good for the gander
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by nedekid: 8:36am On Aug 03, 2022
Articul8:
So what will happen to the police man that pointed gun at him? Is that the new way of operation even with traffic offenders?
No evidence.
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Allisgud: 8:45am On Aug 03, 2022
JAMO84:
Obidient journalist

He thought he was inside that ipob studio asking foolish questions
he will be waiting for cassava man on arise tv to serve him ewa and agbado question that will shock his life
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Allisgud: 8:49am On Aug 03, 2022
he will be waiting for cassava man on arise tv to serve him ewa and agbado question that will shock his life grin grin grin grin angry grin
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by GloriousGbola: 8:52am On Aug 03, 2022
ShaqFu:
How nice. Imagine the cheap lie he told about Google map misleading him into following BRT Lane. If it was Lai Mohammed who said this lie now, he will be live on Arise TV shouting and condemning him.

I've always and will say that we Nigerians are the root cause of all the problems bedeviling us as a country.

but that BRT lane, if it is the one i have seen in the pictures, has K leg. no concrete barrier - no thick yellow line. no BRT text

maybe i am missing something sha
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Gourdoinc(m): 8:56am On Aug 03, 2022
Batallion23:

Mumu people. You imagine that it's a politician in that scenario and Rufai is on Arise to talk about it. You know how he will drag the person. So what is good for the goose is also good for the gander
so he should face firing squad for the traffic offence ? Are you a graduate of anywhere ?
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Hangulsaram: 8:58am On Aug 03, 2022
naptu2:
SP Benjamin Hundeyin @BenHundeyin

https://twitter.com/BenHundeyin/status/1554584908282187776
#70,000, for traffic offense? How is is minimum wage again?
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by abokikhalifa: 8:59am On Aug 03, 2022
Gourdoinc:

Be Obidient and yusful

So it was Tinubu that controlled him to drive into BRT lane abi?

2 Likes

Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by ShaqFu: 8:59am On Aug 03, 2022
GloriousGbola:

but that BRT lane, if it is the one i have seen in the pictures, has K leg. no concrete barrier - no thick yellow line. no BRT text

maybe i am missing something sha
To the best of my knowledge, BRT lanes have concrete barriers, even if there are others that don't have, it will be indicated that it is a brt lane.
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by spbaba07: 9:00am On Aug 03, 2022
naptu2:

� wow! My formar schoolmate rufai, don't worry, there's God! God will continues blessing you. Care take.
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by GloriousGbola: 9:04am On Aug 03, 2022
ShaqFu:
To the best of my knowledge, BRT lanes have concrete barriers, even if there are others that don't have, it will be indicated that it is a brt lane.

this is the picture i have seen.

Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Dickcious(m): 9:05am On Aug 03, 2022
naptu2:

Even after calling the governor

Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by IMPARTIAL: 9:05am On Aug 03, 2022
Ordinarily, people would have supported him against the police. But because of the way he approached the issue, sympathy from people ran away from him. This is because he was not humble.

He was heard screaming 'I will call the governor'. What rubbish! Is it because he interviewed the governor one day and got to know him?

First and foremost, he flouted the law by taking one way! Period! Good for him! Next time appeal and not boast!

1 Like

Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by ShaqFu: 9:06am On Aug 03, 2022
GloriousGbola:

this is the picture i have seen.

Okay.
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by hitblaz03: 9:19am On Aug 03, 2022
young lady caught taking mkpulu nmili (drugs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_s_9NWgALo&t=48s
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by SalemIfeanyi1(m): 9:24am On Aug 03, 2022
Have u sanctioned the officer who misused firearm
Black people and their senseless head
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by JAMO84: 9:31am On Aug 03, 2022
Allisgud:
he will be waiting for cassava man on arise tv to serve him ewa and agbado question that will shock his life
Only Kindergarten politicians like Obi go to studious for interview, if he wants to interview the Jagaban, he will use his two left legs Waka go burdillon
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by udemzyudex(m): 9:32am On Aug 03, 2022
unclejb2:
Great news. Break the law and face the consequences.

How about the police man that pointed a rifle at him? That police officer must also be made to face the law for unprofessionalism and abuse of office and weaponry

Same law wey police and soldiers dey break on a daily.

I believe since he is a known person, Lagos state want to use him to create awareness for other users. grin
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by delpee(f): 10:09am On Aug 03, 2022
He should have apologise and move on instead of escalating the issue further. We all know that we're not to drive on BRT Lane. As a journalist, he should be more circumspect.
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Allisgud: 10:16am On Aug 03, 2022
JAMO84:
Only Kindergarten politicians like Obi go to studious for interview, if he wants to interview the Jagaban, he will use his two left legs Waka go burdillon
u see wat we are talking about,this is the same person lieing to us he wants to serve the masses,na only his tv station tvc will go to his house to interview him
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by PStacks(m): 10:22am On Aug 03, 2022
About the Rufai Oseni Issue, Lagos State has Fined the Arise TV Presenter #70,000, and this is my candid opinion about the whole saga.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53u0FNqGWB4
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by kkonyeji(m): 11:14am On Aug 03, 2022
Nwodosis:
That means he's no longer eligible to contest any political post in Nigeria as an ex-convict!

He's not an ex-convict.
Ex-convict is someone who has served any prison sentence.

But wait ooo, why is an ex-convict like OUK still contesting?
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by kmaster007: 11:45am On Aug 03, 2022
Governor don't ans his calls
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Mickykarim: 1:22pm On Aug 03, 2022
IT IS GOOD TO MAKE EXAMPLE OF HYPOCRITE LAW BREAKERS LIKE THIS Rufi Oseni WHO POINTIFICATE TO HIS VIEWERS DAILY ON HIS TV PROGRAM.

When you watch him on The Morning Show on ARISE TV gives lectures on MORALTY and SOCIO-POLITICAL menace of the leaders and politicians you would think Rufai is a saint and like most sanctimonious moralists who do not practice what they preach.

TOO MANY FAKE NIGERIANS ABOUND OUR SOCIO-POLITICAL SPACE CONFIRMING MY ASSERTIONS AND LONG AVERRED POSITION THAT EVERY NIGERIAN IS CULPABLE IN THE PROBLEMS BEDEVILLING THE COUNTRY NIGERIA.

God will continue to expose and catch in the act, the likes of Rufai Oseni. The FAKE pretentious amoral.

TO EVEN IMAGINE THAT THE RECALCITRANT Rufai LIED THAT THE TRAFFIC OFICERS TOUTED WEAPONS AT HIM AND WITH IMPUNITY THREATENED THEM WITH THE INTERVENTION OF THE GOVERNOR OF THE STATE.

The ANIMAL in suit got it all very wrong and must face the music of his BAD ACT, deservedly.
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by FreeStuffsNG: 2:36pm On Aug 03, 2022
maestroferddi:
You are joking, aren't you?

Traffic offenses are no criminal convictions...

If I am convicted of a motoring offence will I have a criminal record?

Unfortunately, the answer is yes. If you are convicted of a motoring offence by the court, you will have a criminal record. This applies to all sentences available to the court, including fines, which are imposed by the court in respect of nearly all, if not all, motoring convictions.

However, unlike some more serious crimes, a criminal record for a motoring conviction does not stay with you for life. After a certain period, a criminal record in respect of a motoring conviction will become ‘spent’. This essentially means that you no longer have to declare it to your insurers or in most cases, when you are applying for a job.

Criminal records relating to a motoring conviction are normally spent after five years, although details of certain offences, such as drink driving, remain on your driving licence and DVLA driving record for a much longer period.

A criminal record could have a devastating impact on your life, both personally and professionally.

That explains why he became remorseful afterwards. He should never have sent that tweet. Ruffy made a big mistake but he is just like everyone too; we all make mistakes
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by ogunsbanjul(m): 4:24pm On Aug 03, 2022
Ex-convict ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ogun To Prosecute Four Police Officers For Murder / Elderly Man Steals Bra And Pants In Akure, Caught And Beaten (Photos) / Police arrest Lagos school gardener over murder of SS3 student (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.