Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,400 members, 7,836,607 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. (27157 Views)

Rufai Oseni Apologises For BRT Lane Incident / Nigerian Air Force Vehicle Illegally Using BRT Lane Kills Young Artist In Lagos / Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by maestroferddi: 4:44pm On Aug 03, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

If I am convicted of a motoring offence will I have a criminal record?

Unfortunately, the answer is yes. If you are convicted of a motoring offence by the court, you will have a criminal record. This applies to all sentences available to the court, including fines, which are imposed by the court in respect of nearly all, if not all, motoring convictions.

However, unlike some more serious crimes, a criminal record for a motoring conviction does not stay with you for life. After a certain period, a criminal record in respect of a motoring conviction will become ‘spent’. This essentially means that you no longer have to declare it to your insurers or in most cases, when you are applying for a job.

Criminal records relating to a motoring conviction are normally spent after five years, although details of certain offences, such as drink driving, remain on your driving licence and DVLA driving record for a much longer period.

A criminal record could have a devastating impact on your life, both personally and professionally.

That explains why he became remorseful afterwards. He should never have sent that tweet. Ruffy made a big mistake but he is just like everyone too; we all make mistakes
You don't know nada in this area so back off...
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by FreeStuffsNG: 5:28pm On Aug 03, 2022
maestroferddi:
You don't know nada in this area so back off...
Haha....I wish...In same law of 2 lawyers 3 opinions or are you referring to something else undecided
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Akerele44(m): 5:47pm On Aug 03, 2022
Gourdoinc:
Simple and short. The APC agbado goons were expecting a death sentence. They want him in prison so that Tinubu can now visit Arise TV when he isn't there, and make a carricature of himself. Rufai has done nothing , nobody else hasn't done.

See how they blew it up , it shows their desperation. They feel rufai is obident and thus why they gloated at his predicament. Rufai, if you can see this, we obidents will pay for the fine in seconds. Don't fret bro. However don't drive on BRT lanes again. We are a lawful people, na only vawulence against enemies of Nigeria be our bad character.

Be Obidient and yusful

Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Wwwq: 5:54pm On Aug 03, 2022
Really
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by maestroferddi: 6:11pm On Aug 03, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Haha....I wish...In same law of 2 lawyers 3 opinions or are you referring to something else undecided
Even a layman knows the difference between an offence, a wrongdoing, a misdemeanor, a tort and a crime.

Ogbeni, Rufai committed a simple traffic offenses which carries a maximum punitive consideration of a fine...

Stop allowing your blind allegiance to APC to cause you to sound dumb...
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by gulfer: 8:18pm On Aug 03, 2022
Media trial effect, if you know what private individuals go through whenever they have issues with LASG, you'll understand this was just done so there's no backlash after he'd contravened the BRT lane law cry cry cry cry
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Batallion23: 1:42am On Aug 04, 2022
Gourdoinc:
so he should face firing squad for the traffic offence ? Are you a graduate of anywhere ?

If you ever graduated from anywhere at all you will understand my point. But it's normal you guys are too dumb to understand simple analogy
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Gourdoinc(m): 4:22am On Aug 04, 2022
Batallion23:

If you ever graduated from anywhere at all you will understand my point. But it's normal you guys are too dumb to understand simple analogy
Lol. You must be a career comedian. A poor one sir
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Batallion23: 1:28pm On Aug 04, 2022
Gourdoinc:
Lol. You must be a career comedian. A poor one sir

OH! So you haven't gotten the analogy? I give up on you, your mumuness is not redeemable.
Let me try and help you again. Nobody is saying the police officer is right by threatening him with the rifle what we ar saying is if it was another person the attention will be on the fact that he past the brt lane. It's a contravention. He has apologized which is good and the overzealous police officer should be made to face the consequences of his actions.
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Gourdoinc(m): 6:38pm On Aug 04, 2022
Batallion23:

OH! So you haven't gotten the analogy? I give up on you, your mumuness is not redeemable.
Let me try and help you again. Nobody is saying the police officer is right by threatening him with the rifle what we ar saying is if it was another person the attention will be on the fact that he past the brt lane. It's a contravention. He has apologized which is good and the overzealous police officer should be made to face the consequences of his actions.
so I was right ?
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Batallion23: 7:13pm On Aug 05, 2022
Gourdoinc:
so I was right ?

You were just in a hurry to comment that's ll
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Gourdoinc(m): 7:20pm On Aug 05, 2022
Batallion23:

You were just in a hurry to comment that's ll
so I was right ? Simple say yes and move on.
Re: Court Fines Rufai Oseni ₦70,000 For Driving On BRT Lane. by Batallion23: 11:07am On Aug 06, 2022
Gourdoinc:
so I was right ? Simple say yes and move on.

So was I. No be only you right. So move on

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Kill Trader In Benue State (Graphic Photos) / Kidnapped Student Of Adeyemi College Of Education Escapes After 11 Days / Kidnappers Of Police Corporals Arrested In Bayelsa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.