Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,967 members, 7,810,680 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

Economic Crisis: Governors Advise FG To Pay Off Civil Servants Above 50 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Economic Crisis: Governors Advise FG To Pay Off Civil Servants Above 50 (24203 Views)

PDP Crisis: Governors Split, Wike’s Camp Rejects Campaign Offers / APC Crisis: Governors Divided Over Next Party Chair / APC Crisis: Governors, Ministers Plotting More Surprises For Buhari - Galadima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Economic Crisis: Governors Advise FG To Pay Off Civil Servants Above 50 by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:06am On Aug 05, 2022
ibechris:

I am federal govt employee...I am barely 39 years this year,I am sincerely willing and able to exit the service if they can ask us to make a choice.

Pay me what is due to me,honestly I will gladly leave and use my cash for something more reasonable and live comfortably.

The problem is that if they lay off, the money due the Civil servants will enter voice mail. Remember how they are yet to pay pensions and gratuities. It will be the same story.

2 Likes

Re: Economic Crisis: Governors Advise FG To Pay Off Civil Servants Above 50 by zicoraads: 8:07am On Aug 05, 2022
I don't have a problem with making sacrifices so this country can be better long term. My major problem is those who are asking for these sacrifices to be made are not ready to make half of it themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Economic Crisis: Governors Advise FG To Pay Off Civil Servants Above 50 by EgunMogaji2: 8:07am On Aug 05, 2022
This is an excellent idea.

Retire then higher earner and employ new graduates at the beginning of the earning scale.

Oyo State secretariat and courts are filled with old log of woods and horses that needs to be put out to the pasture. We need new bloods with fresh modern thinking.
Re: Economic Crisis: Governors Advise FG To Pay Off Civil Servants Above 50 by penearth(m): 8:08am On Aug 05, 2022
He is Obidient
#Obi2023
Re: Economic Crisis: Governors Advise FG To Pay Off Civil Servants Above 50 by gloryman91: 8:08am On Aug 05, 2022
Better to start implementation this year, especially from agencies like FRSC and others.

Giving the least civil servant pay off #10m each immediately he disengaged.
Re: Economic Crisis: Governors Advise FG To Pay Off Civil Servants Above 50 by nedekid: 8:10am On Aug 05, 2022
Minime10:
In all their suggestions, it baffles me to note that, the Governors never suggested a cut to their monthly security votes, their car allawances, wodrope allawances, furniture allowance, medical trip allowances & side chics allowances etc.
How more useless can these bunch of APC idiots be
Go and check, agbado/cassava crooner and other ex governors are still collecting pensions, salary, medical, security, change of cars etc till tomorrow despite being billionaires.
Re: Economic Crisis: Governors Advise FG To Pay Off Civil Servants Above 50 by wink2015(m): 8:12am On Aug 05, 2022
Federal government should cut down on the high cost of governance in Nigeria from Federal to State down to Local Government.

Politicians should be made to serve the country on part time.

Our National Assembly in Abuja should be run on Part time.

1 Like

Re: Economic Crisis: Governors Advise FG To Pay Off Civil Servants Above 50 by shegoon: 8:12am On Aug 05, 2022
Useless governors, you want to cut cost of governance but you cant cut law makers salary, it's the poor man you want to lay off in this harsh and hard economy.
Acidosis:

You're advising an 80 year old man to pay off 50-year-old civil servants? Where is the sense?
Re: Economic Crisis: Governors Advise FG To Pay Off Civil Servants Above 50 by phatnpretty(f): 8:13am On Aug 05, 2022
The pay of should start with them. I believe all of the governors in the federation are above 50. Selfish people......mtchewwwww.
Re: Economic Crisis: Governors Advise FG To Pay Off Civil Servants Above 50 by Franking: 8:14am On Aug 05, 2022
The governors above 50 should be paid off too.
Re: Economic Crisis: Governors Advise FG To Pay Off Civil Servants Above 50 by phatnpretty(f): 8:14am On Aug 05, 2022
The pay off should start with them. I believe all of the governors in the federation are above 50. Selfish people......mtchewwwww.
Re: Economic Crisis: Governors Advise FG To Pay Off Civil Servants Above 50 by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 05, 2022
Minime10:
In all their suggestions, it baffles me to note that, the Governors never suggested a cut to their monthly security votes, their car allawances, wodrope allawances, furniture allowance, medical trip allowances & side chics allowances etc.
Forget party my dear Nigerian Politicians ( citizens who control power) are the worst set of people, regardless of party affiliation!
Re: Economic Crisis: Governors Advise FG To Pay Off Civil Servants Above 50 by Enkidu70: 8:15am On Aug 05, 2022
When the lunatic in Aso Rock was borrowing and stealing the money everyone kept quiet and the senate kept on approving it. Now they want to shift the consequences onto the heads of regular people

Worthless beasts

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economic Crisis: Governors Advise FG To Pay Off Civil Servants Above 50 by Lacash: 8:15am On Aug 05, 2022
Vulturereloaded:
Im a Tinubu supporter but APC have failed. I know its only Peter Obi that can save this nation from total collapse.

Tinubu knows how to create wealth from Abundance, Peter Obi knows how to create wealth from lack. And Nigeria is in serious lack at the moment.

As for economics ill surrender tk Peter Obi.
Stop cross carpeting, it’s very dangerous to ur Soul. Don’t be Obediot grin
Re: Economic Crisis: Governors Advise FG To Pay Off Civil Servants Above 50 by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 05, 2022
decatalyst:

And what happens to the governors themselves?

The monthly security vote they pocket.

The pensions and huge entitlements they signed off for themselves.
chaii! Nigerian politicians are the fucking worst walahi
Re: Economic Crisis: Governors Advise FG To Pay Off Civil Servants Above 50 by melviniyke2002(m): 8:17am On Aug 05, 2022
rusher14:

Obi supporter, you are ashamed to even Campaign for Obediot.
ur tinubu n apc has finish nigeria.......suffer no dey tire u
Re: Economic Crisis: Governors Advise FG To Pay Off Civil Servants Above 50 by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 05, 2022
Esseite:
They are gradually coming down to OBI's plan of cutting cost of governance but would tell you not to vote OBI...

How do you intend to lay of staff above 50 years but looking to elect a president of 80 years, is something not mentally wrong.
Obi wants to come and lay off 50 yrs above federal workers?

Then we rather have him stay faraway please
Re: Economic Crisis: Governors Advise FG To Pay Off Civil Servants Above 50 by claudiofaceoff: 8:18am On Aug 05, 2022
dre11:
Nigeria’s Economic Crisis: Governors advise FG to pay off civil servants above 50 years

The governors also ask the government to raise taxes across board and levy anyone earning N30,000 and above monthly.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/business-news/546829-exclusive-nigerias-economic-crisis-governors-advise-fg-to-pay-off-civil-servants-above-50-years.html

Useless governors. The money they spend monthly on their 'show off' convoy is enough to solve some problems in their states.

This is a brainless idea. It shows that they are not even competent to think about viable solutions despite spending hundreds of millions monthly in special advisers.
Re: Economic Crisis: Governors Advise FG To Pay Off Civil Servants Above 50 by bitplanet(m): 8:18am On Aug 05, 2022
high taxation, the poor will perish.. wicked policies. All this to keep their evil Govt afloat
Re: Economic Crisis: Governors Advise FG To Pay Off Civil Servants Above 50 by SpatialKing(m): 8:18am On Aug 05, 2022
Minime10:
Their excessive uncontrollable taste to purchase of SUVs and Toyota Hilux
Re: Economic Crisis: Governors Advise FG To Pay Off Civil Servants Above 50 by frog12: 8:18am On Aug 05, 2022
89000 staff is not much. they are wasting money somehow. maybe they have ghost workers grin grin

Realtalk20:
This is brilliant and a good idea to cut down the size of the work force

Re: Economic Crisis: Governors Advise FG To Pay Off Civil Servants Above 50 by ibechris(m): 8:19am On Aug 05, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

The problem is that if they lay off, the money due the Civil servants will enter voice mail. Remember how they are yet to pay pensions and gratuities. It will be the same story.

U are right!
My dad got downsized in 2002 while I was still in secondary school...do u know it was 18years later they started paying him his pension.?

Many of them had even died...that is Nigeria for u. Evil men at the corridors of power while good men roan around doing nothing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Economic Crisis: Governors Advise FG To Pay Off Civil Servants Above 50 by rusher14: 8:19am On Aug 05, 2022
melviniyke2002:
ur tinubu n apc has finish nigeria.......suffer no dey tire u

Yet, you won't leave Lagos to go back to Nnewi.

Abeg getat.

Re: Economic Crisis: Governors Advise FG To Pay Off Civil Servants Above 50 by walexbiz(m): 8:20am On Aug 05, 2022
Look at this oloriburuku of governors,most of them have nothing viable to show for the almost 8 years in governance, they are all above 50, their wives, children, family members, friends and accolyte are on government payroll yet they see nothing wrong with that. It's the poor citizens whose salary cannot take them home they want to over tax.

When most of them were busy using state funds to campaign and induce delegate for election they didn't know the implications, now they want to over tax the already improverished civil servant.

This is not the worrying part of the economic turmoil but rather the outflux of Nigerian professionals to advance clime. We would soon be getting to a situation where Nigerian hospitals would be filled with native doctors as consultant. What a shame as a nation with hopeless an visionless leaders whose only desire to rule is due to the gluttonous appetite to covet the common patrimony.
Re: Economic Crisis: Governors Advise FG To Pay Off Civil Servants Above 50 by Odss11: 8:20am On Aug 05, 2022
Wondering how these guys suggests without doing their homework.

What portion of peesonel cost is political?
What portion of the civil service falls within the above 50 age and personel cost of same...

They are probably only pushing for the tax increase...more money to siphon
Re: Economic Crisis: Governors Advise FG To Pay Off Civil Servants Above 50 by oteneaaron(m): 8:22am On Aug 05, 2022
The Government are the biggest gangsters.

Taking a cut out of peoples sweat and you can't even secure the country,give us light or even make the economy work.
Re: Economic Crisis: Governors Advise FG To Pay Off Civil Servants Above 50 by sonnie10: 8:23am On Aug 05, 2022
All they need to do is to find a way of becoming self sufficient in refined crude products. Then, subsidy would naturally be a thing of the past.
With that, cost of production would reduce due reductions in fuel prices.
The economy will come back to life.

Only if corruption is curtailed and cost of government is reduced as well.
Re: Economic Crisis: Governors Advise FG To Pay Off Civil Servants Above 50 by LollySeaSide: 8:24am On Aug 05, 2022
I'm wondering how they'll explain this to the person they are advising for it to make sense to him.
Re: Economic Crisis: Governors Advise FG To Pay Off Civil Servants Above 50 by brandsoncharlie: 8:24am On Aug 05, 2022
Realtalk20:
This is brilliant and a good idea to cut down the size of the work force

How’s it brilliant? After mismanagement of the economy they now want Nigerians to suffer for their woes.
Sacking of civil servants above 50 years is against their constitutional right because the age of retirement is 60 years.
Some civil servants in their various state are owed salaries, pensions yet nothing is done .
We are yet to even see what our taxes are being used for only to borrow loans that are not refinancing.
Re: Economic Crisis: Governors Advise FG To Pay Off Civil Servants Above 50 by AloneTK: 8:25am On Aug 05, 2022
Yet, they are not talking about scrapping the outrageous Pension benefits for Former State Governors to save the same country.
Re: Economic Crisis: Governors Advise FG To Pay Off Civil Servants Above 50 by Splitmind: 8:25am On Aug 05, 2022
This is a good initiative, Nigerians aren't paying their fair share to the government which is why things aren't going so well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Arrives Venue Of APC Presidential Campaign In Kwara / Presidential Debate Timetable Confirmed, Debate Dates Are Feb 1 and Feb 8! / Youngest Daughter Of Nigerian Soldier Killed By Boko Haram Turns One Today. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.