Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

40 Reasons To Date Naija Men - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 40 Reasons To Date Naija Men (743 Views)

Why I Won't Date Naija Babes. / What Is That Thing That Naija Men Do That Turns You Off Completely? / Omo Why Is It That Naija Guys Who Date Naija Women Tend To Age Quickly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

40 Reasons To Date Naija Men by violent(m): 1:01am On Aug 03, 2011
REASONS TO DATE NAIJA MEN:

1. He understands your accent.

2. He knows that when you suffix every sentence with 'now', its not a command, e.g. "Come let's go now, "

3. When you guys go out, he pays and doesn't expect a refund of exactly half!

4. He understands why you have to send money home - probably doing the same himself!

5. He doesn't see your kid sister staying in your house as an inconvenience/ cramping his style.

6. He doesn't think you should put your parents in a home.

7. He eats 'Gbegiri and Amala' and doesn't think it's 'yucky' or 'spicy'. In a nutshell, loves your cooking.

8. He gets your jokes.

9. The way he licks his ten fingers 'cos that Ogbono soup with Iyan hit da spot, Oh Yes!!!

10. He has got his education or he got something going on.

11. He may be a baby daddy but he loves his kid and takes care of him.

12. He can have a bus load of conversation without him saying much 'cos his momma taught him that.

13. He loves to see you shake that ass to Sir Shina Peters, the original "Back That Ass Up" master.

14. He will settle an argument and say sorry while maintaining his man status.

15. I am IN charge but he is THE charge, we understand that.

16. He knows where he is from. Living in NY does not mean you are from NY.

17. He thinks you're so pretty without makeup.

18. He calls you native endearing names like "Nne" or "Omo."

19. He has respect (not to be confused with obedience) for his elders (important).

20. The way he gets embarrased and says "I beg oh" when you compliment him.

21. The way he says "I love you baby" ? may be very fake yet sounds so TRUE!

22. The way he eats meat with his bare hands? for some reason it is sexy to me.

23. The way he calls you his wife in front of all his friends.

24. The way he says "Shey you get am" when he thinks you are not paying attention, but you really are.

25. The way he knows that it is you calling and answers the phone "Hey Baby!" without looking at the caller ID.

26. The way Naija men look when they are all decked out in native? there is nothing sexier than a dark chocolate man in lace o!

27. Pronounces your name like say na im born you.

28. The way he flows from Ebonics to Pidgin English to Akata with ease.

29. He is just at home at your office picnic as he is at the Naija reunion.

30. The very satisfied look on his face after eating one of your meals and the way he glares at you while picking his teeth with the tooth pick,and you both know that you are his next "meal".

31. He appreciates the art of yanshrolling when he sees one!

32. Keeps yo from doing wahala by buying a stickshift vehicle he knows U can't drive!

33. He saves you money on groceries a la "limited diet". Just cook the stew and he'll figure the rest? Eba, Amala, Fufu or even plain old White Bread!

34. No need for breast implants to impress am!

35. No need to go kill himself trying to maintain a six pack. He knows u know big belle is sexy inside Agbada!

36. He knows to allow you like three hours to get ready for a party!

37. He will not complain when you waka with headful of rollers inside house but quick to let you know that aint nothing sexy about that when you want to go outside.

38. Her singing while doing housework is a classic reminder of wetin you dey miss when you dey carry Akata woman!

39. His lunch (Rice, Beans, Dodo, complete with carefully selected assorted meat) wey you pack for am na something u know sey im no go wait "Palam" (gobble up!) when him reach work.

40. He thinks the small gap between your front teeth are actually sexy!!!!

Finally; Cool Cos He Is Just A Naija Man Period!!!"

Stolen from https://www./2336484090/
Re: 40 Reasons To Date Naija Men by BABE3: 1:03am On Aug 03, 2011
Re: 40 Reasons To Date Naija Men by violent(m): 1:04am On Aug 03, 2011
^^

Phew!! didn't see that, thnks tho!
Re: 40 Reasons To Date Naija Men by BABE3: 1:05am On Aug 03, 2011
^^ lol---Sorry for cramping your style. I just had to post it. You are 2 yrs late. grin
Re: 40 Reasons To Date Naija Men by violent(m): 1:08am On Aug 03, 2011
lol
Re: 40 Reasons To Date Naija Men by Mobinga: 1:21am On Aug 03, 2011
People have come and gone, the conversation can still be re-started.
Re: 40 Reasons To Date Naija Men by MrsChima(f): 6:09am On Aug 03, 2011
LMAO@the gap between the teeth is sexy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 40 Reasons To Date Naija Men by slimyem: 6:56am On Aug 03, 2011
i love no.26 but wetin i no come understand na 'dark chocolate'.which one be dat?dark na dark.chocolate na chocolate.period!
Re: 40 Reasons To Date Naija Men by claremont(m): 7:15am On Aug 03, 2011
On point! I particularly agree with Nos.21, but I think most of the claims are not entirely true, and not entirely false either!
Re: 40 Reasons To Date Naija Men by Mynd44: 8:28am On Aug 03, 2011
Nice list but seen it before. It just gets me every time though
Re: 40 Reasons To Date Naija Men by tpia5: 3:50pm On Aug 03, 2011
Didnt realise babe has been here since 2009,
Re: 40 Reasons To Date Naija Men by Goldieluks: 3:52pm On Aug 03, 2011
Good,but number 35,not for me.

(1) (Reply)

I Don’t Like Beating Around The Bush / Ladies If A Guy Walks Up To You And Ask For Your Number What Would You Do? / What Do U Guys Tink About Distance Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.