Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,942 members, 7,828,308 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Will You Return This To Your Company? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Will You Return This To Your Company? (17071 Views)

Register Your Company With CAC Today Via An Accredited Professional / Tips On Handling Mistakes Within Your Company / Things You Should Never Do When You Return From Holiday Break (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Rapture4real(m): 3:02pm On Sep 12, 2022
papiilo:
Morning guys!

So this company where I work paid me twice in error. Do you think they will detect later that they paid me twice?

That happened to one of our staff. He kept mute. I discovered it with the Accountant,he was feigning innocence.

It will still be discovered latter during reconciliation of accounts and you might put yourstin great trouble.
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Leah32: 3:03pm On Sep 12, 2022
tuzle:
Stupid question. U are free to keep it. Only scammers, greedy people, thieves ask this kind of silly question.

Whaooo , see how gullible you are , he asked a question and probably seeking for advice . You might be even worse in funds management because you people that are quick in criticizing, judging others are the worst.
I even learnt from the answers/advice from the WISE ONES ( not you pls) here

2 Likes

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Onomehenry: 3:04pm On Sep 12, 2022
Omo in bini language not yoruba. Expect their call soon, they will definitely find out. Return the money, it gives u integrity.unless the company is a billion dollar company to notice such error .

No need to play smart �
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by MrBroke(m): 3:04pm On Sep 12, 2022
Return the money, I don't take what ain't mine.
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by famouscargo4u: 3:05pm On Sep 12, 2022
papiilo:
Morning guys!

So this company where I work paid me twice in error. Do you think they will detect later that they paid me twice?

If I were the one I would refund it.

1) it boosts your integrity score.

2) They will still find out and call you out.
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Timibraun0010: 3:05pm On Sep 12, 2022
papiilo:
Morning guys!

why are you even debating if they will detect or not. The natural thing to do is to alert them. Anything other than that makes you a thief no matter your excuse
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Mrsoft3(m): 3:06pm On Sep 12, 2022
papiilo:
Morning guys!

They will detect that na na for sure, best is for you is to return the money for integrity sake before they find out
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 12, 2022
SeriouslySense:
He should still return it. Whether its government Job or not.
I know what I'm saying bros.

When I served, a colleague was paid twice (19,800*2) for a particular month.
Fortunately for him, his case was an isolated one. Plus, who would he have reported the case to?
There was no issue till the end of the service year lol.

In another case, my father, when he was still working with government, was paid twice. However, his case wasn't isolated as many government staff also experienced same, due to ippis issue.

Those who reported themselves to the bursary had the excess money removed, while those who withdrew and spent all weren't paid the following month. Ah, they suffered, for I knew some of them personally. grin
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by samwillyco1(m): 3:07pm On Sep 12, 2022
Double portion grin grin grin grin

Please return it for your safety or be sacked when they discovered it grin grin grin grin grin wisdom
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Llight101(m): 3:07pm On Sep 12, 2022
No thinking twice, just bounce it back.
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by tuzle(m): 3:08pm On Sep 12, 2022
Leah32:

Whaooo , see how gullible you are , he asked a question and probably seeking for advice . You might be even worse in funds management because you people that are quick in criticizing, judging others are the worst.
I even learnt from the answers/advice from the WISE ONES ( not you pls) here
what is there to answer or seek advice from. They paid u twice and u came your to ask if u should keep the money or inform them. If u don't know the right thing to do as a worker then u deserve to get fired.

1 Like

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Tywo2018: 3:09pm On Sep 12, 2022
In some organisations they'll detect themselves if u like don't return it next month salary you go hear am.
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Raphaelmary(m): 3:09pm On Sep 12, 2022
I was once overpaid at work, I met the HR and she said she was just about to call me about it. The excess was deducted from next month's salary. I don't know if it was a test or human error. I also heard about a man that refused to meet the HR about his constant excess salary. When they later found out, he had to take home a meagre amount for a while to enable him pay up all the exccesses
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by sofiscatedmoron: 3:09pm On Sep 12, 2022
I will archive it
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Dpaulie(m): 3:10pm On Sep 12, 2022
Na to return what's not mine..... no debate
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by bikefab(m): 3:11pm On Sep 12, 2022
Oboy return the money. Do you need to ask?
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Trueprophet91: 3:18pm On Sep 12, 2022
Refund
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by NuCypher: 3:21pm On Sep 12, 2022
It has happened with me before. I returned it. Even if you are a criminal, this is not something you want on your head in an organization you are still working at. If they find out, your integrity is in question.
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by SeriouslySense(m): 3:22pm On Sep 12, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy It will make Life a lot more simpler, if we dont take what is not ours to take.

safesurfer:

I know what I'm saying bros.

When I served, a colleague was paid twice (19,800*2) for a particular month.
Fortunately for him, his case was an isolated one. Plus, who would he have reported the case to?
There was no issue till the end of the service year lol.

In another case, my father, when he was still working with government, was paid twice. However, his case wasn't isolated as many government staff also experienced same, due to ippis issue.

Those who reported themselves to the bursary had the excess money removed, while those who withdrew and spent all weren't paid the following month. Ah, they suffered, for I knew some of them personally. grin

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by ajayiopy: 3:22pm On Sep 12, 2022
papiilo:
Morning guys!

WRITE A MAIL TO YOUR SUPERVISOR WITH YOUR HUMAN CAPITAL IN COPY

1 Like

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by iezeiyida(m): 3:25pm On Sep 12, 2022
Integrity matters. I will simply return it, weather it's a test or not. I wouldn't give a demn if I will be really appreciated, or if I will be seen as Holy Nweje

Records and future is very important. It's not all about short-term benefits or goal
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by gasparpisciotta: 3:30pm On Sep 12, 2022
Niorte:
Please return it.

Why you should return it.

1. It improves your integrity in the eyes of the management.

How to return it.

Don't return it silently. Write a letter informing them you receive double if your salary and you want to recheck if it was done in error.

Let it be documented

It will all add to your trust level.

papiilo, take this advice in your best interest
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Jackipapa: 3:31pm On Sep 12, 2022
papiilo:
Morning guys!

They don't need to detect, you just do the needful by paying back.
Do this and thank me later!
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Jokkarm2: 3:32pm On Sep 12, 2022
report to your HR or team lead naaa, this question should not even come .
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by dodoatirice: 3:33pm On Sep 12, 2022
Then I don get alerti godiwin
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Ashirioluwa: 3:33pm On Sep 12, 2022
papiilo:
Morning guys!

In a standard corporate organization year-end Audit will detect the mistake
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Greazyman99: 3:34pm On Sep 12, 2022
I will say thank you and make sure the thank you is well documented for future purpose. Thaink you grin grin
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by NickyNickel(m): 3:35pm On Sep 12, 2022
If not because our own society has Jettison good moral standard, you wouldn't have been asking us if you're suppose to do the right thing.

Return the money in peace and earn your self more trust..!
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by TheFacelessMan: 3:36pm On Sep 12, 2022
GloriousGbola:

The system is automated and they will always eventually find out. During audit, reconciliation or some other exercise.

Especially if you have enterprise payroll solution.

We had a guy on contract who moved to another unit. For a year he was taking two salaries.

He was still found out.

It is only in cash based one man business with poor record keeping that you can get away with this

LOL...what happened to the Contract Guy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

4 Incredible Ways To Handle A Bad Boss At Work Without Getting Burned / Meet Akintola Williams, The First Chartered Accountant In Africa / 5 Important Technical Skills To Have

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.