Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Will You Return This To Your Company? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Will You Return This To Your Company? (17073 Views)

Register Your Company With CAC Today Via An Accredited Professional / Tips On Handling Mistakes Within Your Company / Things You Should Never Do When You Return From Holiday Break (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by egbedox: 3:38pm On Sep 12, 2022
papiilo:
Morning guys!

So this company where I work paid me twice in error. Do you think they will detect later that they paid me twice?

Your finance department will detect the error sooner or later and it would at that point question your integrity. Even if not detected, it's not your money so, return it biko...........
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by adabaraabdul: 3:39pm On Sep 12, 2022
even if the company will not know. The moral thi g to do is to report yourself and return the extra pay. Btw they will later find out.
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by mrksquare: 3:40pm On Sep 12, 2022
papiilo:
Morning guys!

So this company where I work paid me twice in error. Do you think they will detect later that they paid me twice?

Had similar experience with a coy I remotely work with in New York two months ago.

Had to draft an email immediately I got the second alert to bring it to their attention.

That singular act by me won me applause and it also made my boss, the white lady to forfeit the extra sum to me. Though at first, she said I should consider the extra sum as payment in advance, but it turned out I was paid the following month.

Your coy will know that you were paid twice. They can easily trace it when reconciling their books with that of their bank. And the implication is if you do not bring it to their attention and they later found out that you were double paid, they might terminate your employment or see you as one who isn't honest.

So I will advice that you bring it to the attention of the Head of Finance in your coy that you were double paid. In a world filled with dishonest people, it pays to be an exception.

1 Like

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Dabrowser: 3:44pm On Sep 12, 2022
Kobicove:

Should you even be asking this question?!

You need to alert the finance department so you can return the excess money paid to you
Yes he should so others can learn from it
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by statutory1: 3:44pm On Sep 12, 2022
It has happened to me before. I returned it.
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Shaev7(m): 3:50pm On Sep 12, 2022
Return it. I will return it
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by zakkxx: 3:51pm On Sep 12, 2022
Oga go to the MD and tell him or the accountant is an opportunity to build trust! Be wise ooo! Y u want reject your promotion?
papiilo:
Morning guys!

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by etrouble: 3:51pm On Sep 12, 2022
papiilo:
Morning guys!

You are a big thief for even thinking of not returning the extra pay. Lazy thieving youth with nothing in your empty brain beside Women Weed Wine - WWW
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by etrange: 3:53pm On Sep 12, 2022
Are we really having this discussion? What else would you do if not to tell your HR?
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by NOwazobia: 3:54pm On Sep 12, 2022
I will return it as I have always done.
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 12, 2022
papiilo:
Morning guys!

if your employer always fine you every month in other not to pay you in full dont return it.
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Ephemmm: 3:56pm On Sep 12, 2022
papiilo:
Morning guys!

Why do you even has the guts to ask such question when you obviously know the right thing? May be you expected us to support your unscrupulous agenda.
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Chidexsco8448(m): 3:58pm On Sep 12, 2022
Pls return it n remain Blessed
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by osomegbe(m): 4:01pm On Sep 12, 2022
Report to HR and make a refund.
Integrity issue
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Ephemmm: 4:02pm On Sep 12, 2022
Leah32:

Whaooo , see how gullible you are , he asked a question and probably seeking for advice . You might be even worse in funds management because you people that are quick in criticizing, judging others are the worst.
I even learnt from the answers/advice from the WISE ONES ( not you pls) here

I beg to differ. Which advice is he looking for when he already knows the right step to take as an adult? One does not need to be religious to know what to do on this matter if there is no ulterior motive.

Ordinary small money, he is asking such question; will he come back to ask you such assuming he is a Governor/senator before carrying out his unscrupulous act? I wonder why we always blame our leaders when we could do the worst.
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Tapout(m): 4:07pm On Sep 12, 2022
papiilo:
Morning guys!

Return it. It's common sense.
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by MrHighSea: 4:11pm On Sep 12, 2022
Happened to my tight G last year in government parastatal. Appointment yet to be confirmed. was credited x15 of his salary twice. Never reported. had Invested the funds wrongly. Accounts noticed the issue. He was summoned. Started pulling funds and making little refunds. Disciplinary commttee was set up. His character was questioned. Got Suspended ASAP. Sacked this year.

It's very painful.

Op, pls alert the Management.

4 Likes

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by nwadiuko1(m): 4:15pm On Sep 12, 2022
Return definitely
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Fantazy(m): 4:16pm On Sep 12, 2022
papiilo:
Morning guys!

They will detect sooner or later especially if they paid through account.
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by baba4thegehs: 4:16pm On Sep 12, 2022
Happened to me, was paid in excess of 300k last year
I sent a mail to HR copied my line manager and requested for the companies bank details.

They sent the bank details and I sent the money back.

You peace of mind is important and above all though shall not steal.

Live by the commandment of God if you want true peace of mind.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by ScalesDemy: 4:17pm On Sep 12, 2022
Return it and make the return official
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by brainhgeek(m): 4:17pm On Sep 12, 2022
Pikokukihiean..........I laugh in Hungarian
Common sense will teach you sense na
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by naijapikin2(m): 4:18pm On Sep 12, 2022
It happened to me when I was a corps member..
Infact it went on for four months.
Guess what I did

I SPENT EVERYTHING TILL THIS DAY. cool
But I'm a giver o.. so people around me follow chop tongue
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Odebayo4010(m): 4:21pm On Sep 12, 2022
Niorte:
Please return it.

Why you should return it.

1. It improves your integrity in the eyes of the management.

How to return it.

Don't return it silently. Write a letter informing them you receive double if your salary and you want to recheck if it was done in error.

Let it be documented

It will all add to your trust level.

Wow what a good advice,
Bro I implore you to venture into Politics so that people can have a better life
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Iyijohnson: 4:22pm On Sep 12, 2022
Just return it.It add nothing to your name.
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by silibaba: 4:22pm On Sep 12, 2022
papiilo:
Morning guys!

They must detect.

They will later call your attention. Is better you notify them or you jeopardize the trust they have in you.
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by ACE1010: 4:24pm On Sep 12, 2022
My brother pls make a refund as quickly as possible....it may be a test.
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by wolebest: 4:31pm On Sep 12, 2022
Ol'boy you better return the funds.

Should the Accounts or Audit Departments discover later, believe you me, you will be tagged a FRUAD and your integrity will be destroyed.

Can you imagine. Should you need a referral letter from that same company, they will gladly write that you were dismissed because of "chicken change."
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by boom99(m): 4:33pm On Sep 12, 2022
I will definitely return the money. I have done that many times.
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by stanisbaratheon: 4:38pm On Sep 12, 2022
I will return it ASAP
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by YinkaGold02: 4:41pm On Sep 12, 2022
Its not your fault but Just go and report the matter to your HR and ready to send the money back so that you will not spend your next salary before time because they will definitely no later.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

4 Incredible Ways To Handle A Bad Boss At Work Without Getting Burned / Meet Akintola Williams, The First Chartered Accountant In Africa / 5 Important Technical Skills To Have

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.