Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,064 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Will You Return This To Your Company? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Will You Return This To Your Company? (17069 Views)

Register Your Company With CAC Today Via An Accredited Professional / Tips On Handling Mistakes Within Your Company / Things You Should Never Do When You Return From Holiday Break (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by DAMILAREY85: 4:50pm On Sep 12, 2022
It had happened to me before. They paid me twice in error. I called the account immediately and returned it.
What happened was that she was trying to make multiple transfers at the same time because we are already pestering her to fast track our payment hence in the process made multiple trials as a result of poor Network.
As soon as I received the second alert I called her immediately and returned the money.
Pls return the money.

1 Like

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by uptoHim(m): 4:57pm On Sep 12, 2022
Kobicove:

Should you even be asking this question?!

You need to alert the finance department so you can return the excess money paid to you

I'm even angry that someone is asking this question. Doing a normal thing is now a big case.

1 Like

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by JoeuwakAsi2(m): 5:04pm On Sep 12, 2022
Return the money.

So this company where I work paid me twice in error. Do you think they will detect later that they paid me twice?[/quote]
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by phemmyfour: 5:07pm On Sep 12, 2022
papiilo:
Morning guys!

So this company where I work paid me twice in error. Do you think they will detect later that they paid me twice?
Quite easy, notify them asap. It might be a test to know if you're honest and trustworthy
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Ifebazz(m): 5:12pm On Sep 12, 2022
Report it pronto and refund the money ASAP!
Anything else is tantamount to crime.
papiilo:
Morning guys!

So this company where I work paid me twice in error. Do you think they will detect later that they paid me twice?
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by jclassiq(m): 5:12pm On Sep 12, 2022
I will invest the excess!
Thank God for small favours. grin
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Slydan204: 5:24pm On Sep 12, 2022
Inform them ASAP...ur integrity is important
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 12, 2022
illicit:

What does Lannister mean?

U don't watch Game of thrones?
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by K4diamond: 5:35pm On Sep 12, 2022
Get in touch with the Head of Human Resources and explain, if you decide to play smart, it might be regarded as integrity issue
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by frankfab(m): 5:42pm On Sep 12, 2022
They will know. Please return it
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by promiseland245(m): 5:47pm On Sep 12, 2022
Return it.

papiilo:
Morning guys!

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by toprealman: 5:48pm On Sep 12, 2022
papiilo:
Morning guys!

They will detect it later. That month, no salary for you. HR and accounts work hand in hand. Don't blame your innocent village people when the if statement begins to run its programme.....
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by wacoj(m): 6:04pm On Sep 12, 2022
Return the money without delay.
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by FrauleinBlossom(f): 6:24pm On Sep 12, 2022
Return it of course, unless I'm willing to lose the job. They will figure it out in time.

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Bifas1: 6:31pm On Sep 12, 2022
My colleague received double salary in July and he spent all thinking he was lucky. He has been waiting for August salary till date but all to no avail.
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by esthel(f): 6:41pm On Sep 12, 2022
Better return it, they will definitely detect when they want to balance their books.
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by FRANKOSKI(m): 6:45pm On Sep 12, 2022
RETURN IT BACK IF I STILL WANT TO WORK THERE.
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by fitinwell: 6:54pm On Sep 12, 2022
papiilo:
Morning guys!

Except if there is no audit department..

Then you can get away with it..
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by NLKing01: 7:01pm On Sep 12, 2022
What will you do if they forgot to pay you? Don't be a fool, go and tell them and return the money. Integrity matters
papiilo:
Morning guys!

Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Johel(m): 7:04pm On Sep 12, 2022
SeriouslySense:
He should return and not keep it, its does not belong to him Simple.

True tho
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by jojothaiv(m): 7:18pm On Sep 12, 2022
That's why lien is important.
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by aalangel(f): 7:50pm On Sep 12, 2022
papiilo:
Morning guys!

Return the money. It isn't yours.
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by istifk(m): 8:16pm On Sep 12, 2022
I will advice you to inform the company.
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by chinonfelix2(m): 8:26pm On Sep 12, 2022
Best option is to report and return.

Who knows if it's your promotion test..
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Kimiso(m): 11:01pm On Sep 12, 2022
tuzle:
Stupid question. U are free to keep it. Only scammers, greedy people, thieves ask this kind of silly question.
the man doesn't look the way you think he is
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by dododawa1: 11:45pm On Sep 12, 2022
Never happen
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by Edc1: 11:50pm On Sep 12, 2022
Spend it
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by grandstar(m): 12:40am On Sep 13, 2022
This happened when I was working part time for a private security firm part time as their Admin manager.

I immediately informed the chairman and not my cousin who is a co-owner as he would have advised me not to disclose.

The chairman was impressed and my duties were elevated to those involving accounts. I was not too happy about it as I'm not the most organized of persons, so bean accounting isn't my forte. I think I have undiagnosed and untreated ADHD.
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by emanobis(m): 4:01am On Sep 13, 2022
First of all, ask yourself how many years it took you to graduate and get a job?

Better inform them via a formal means, let it be on record

Wish you well
Re: Will You Return This To Your Company? by illicit(m): 5:20am On Sep 13, 2022
Aurielfinizu:

U don't watch Game of thrones?

Nope

Missed it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

4 Incredible Ways To Handle A Bad Boss At Work Without Getting Burned / Meet Akintola Williams, The First Chartered Accountant In Africa / Help!! My New Job Is At Risk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.