Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,429 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos (51300 Views)

Army Reacts To The Murder Of Monday Orube, Sets Up Board Of Inquiry / Soldiers Beat Salihu Aliyu, The Galadima Of Tungan-Maje & Family Members / Soldiers Beat Up Shiites Women Along Abuja-Kaduna Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by KingRSHD2(m): 5:22pm On Aug 05, 2022
Really but the police man for just allow them because him know say army they always won form superiority mtheew see now he had.lost his life...
Offpointng:
I happen to witness the incident, and I'd say both are at fault, there were just few cars bfr the soldier's bus which the police saw, it cost the police nothing to spare few minutes to allow the soldiers pass for sake of peace bfr stopping other cars, they might have been on orders and late coming is always punished in the military. And when they came down in rage to question the policemen, the police men to were showing power and superiority hence reasons for the damages

The Soldiers were wrong to beat them and the Government also got greater blame for not fixing traffic light, in a saner clime the duty of Traffic Police is to ensure traffic light are obeyed strictly not to stand and control traffic with their hands. but this is 9ja
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by immantoks: 5:56pm On Aug 05, 2022
Nigeria police and Nigeria army.
It's a family matter I don't get involved in such.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Phraences: 6:05pm On Aug 05, 2022
I don't support the soldiers actions at all and the soldiers need to be punished. However, on the part of the police men, since the traffic was being controlled manually and not through traffic light, in the spirit of esprit d'corps the police should have let the lane the soldiers where continue and stopped that lane after.

An analogy would be the way pregnant women and old people are given preference even when there is a queue.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by MuslimIgbo: 6:20pm On Aug 05, 2022
[s]
Offpointng:
I happen to witness the incident, and I'd say both are at fault, there were just few cars bfr the soldier's bus which the police saw, it cost the police nothing to spare few minutes to allow the soldiers pass for sake of peace bfr stopping other cars, they might have been on orders and late coming is always punished in the military. And when they came down in rage to question the policemen, the police men to were showing power and superiority hence reasons for the damages

The Soldiers were wrong to beat them and the Government also got greater blame for not fixing traffic light, in a saner clime the duty of Traffic Police is to ensure traffic light are obeyed strictly not to stand and control traffic with their hands. but this is 9ja
[/s]
Brain dey pain you aswear.
There's ABSOLUTELY nothing in the world you can use to justify this nonsense.
If I were government, I'LL SENTENCE ALL THE 30 SOLDIERS TO DIE BY FIRING SQUARED.

NONSENSE.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by MuslimIgbo: 6:26pm On Aug 05, 2022
do4luv14:

I agreed with you, but the police are at Greater fault here, I had witnessed such stands off time and again, And as always it was started by the police and their overzealousness,

A lone soldier was on his way to work, and seems to be running late, a young guy at that,
now he board a bike as a fast means to get to work, police stop bike, ask soldier to dismount, ( no respect, ) and proceeded to seize the bike after pleading with the police to consider him, and return the bike keys, it falls on deft ears, and the police even insulted him,

That's when to soldier lost it, it took begging from the most senior police among them to calm him down,

those three officers are disrespectful, a coaster bus, containing soldiers cannot be stopped for such silly excuses, it's and insult, even after the soldiers came down, they should have at least allowed them to pass thru
I swear with this your mentality, oversabi and judgement, YOU CAN NEVER MAKE IT IN LIFE.
YOUA AFAILURE
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by gfelo(m): 6:54pm On Aug 05, 2022
Either you are a dismissed regiment, or unfortunate barrack brought up, or son, brother to a failed nigerian army General.

It is unthinkable and unfortunate that the whole nigerian people like u lack orientations abt military work.

I see some idiot like u who ve never contribute anything important to this country open their trash to abuse security personnel not knowing the sacrifice they ve made so far for you.

It is a pity police and army ve clash we Nigerians still love them and we appreciate their work.

May God resolve what transpired between them, and may God give the family of the bereaved the fortitude to bear the loss.
TylerDurden:
Bloody idiots

When they post them to Zamfara or Bornu they will be forming social activists claiming no weapons or poor welfare packages and from there go AWOL.

But when in peaceful south , you see the idiots forming Rambo.

People should understand that the average grunt in the army was a social misfit and failure before joining the army .

These idiots 5ys ago were roaming the streets as civilians with no hope in sight . now they joined the Arny and have come to see bullying civilians as their only compensation in their miserable wretched lives. If you see the way officers treat these NCOs you will not even advice your enemy to join the army.

Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by einsteine(m): 7:08pm On Aug 05, 2022
That's why I don't pity any soldier that dies in the hands of Boko Haram or ESN's Unknown Gunmen. Most joined it just to intimidate civilians.

I also don't pity policemen. Their corruption knows no bounds.

So fair well to the policeman beaten to death. And may the soldiers who beat them meet their own end soonest.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by einsteine(m): 7:10pm On Aug 05, 2022
do4luv14:

I agreed with you, but the police are at Greater fault here, I had witnessed such stands off time and again, And as always it was started by the police and their overzealousness,

A lone soldier was on his way to work, and seems to be running late, a young guy at that,
now he board a bike as a fast means to get to work, police stop bike, ask soldier to dismount, ( no respect, ) and proceeded to seize the bike after pleading with the police to consider him, and return the bike keys, it falls on deft ears, and the police even insulted him,

That's when to soldier lost it, it took begging from the most senior police among them to calm him down,

those three officers are disrespectful, a coaster bus, containing soldiers cannot be stopped for such silly excuses, it's and insult, even after the soldiers came down, they should have at least allowed them to pass thru

So because he is a soldier, he should be allowed to go through one way and endanger other road users?
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by blackboy(m): 7:34pm On Aug 05, 2022
Many of our policemen are hungry and managing their lives. Government never take care of them well it is Niger they are spending their money on.
As you see me i stopped fighting tey tey. Make i no give person wey already quarter to die punch and I start to say i no wan kill am ooo
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Philipsdael(m): 7:34pm On Aug 05, 2022
Jamesbiodun:
Soldiers always intimidating everybody but they can't face book Haram... angry
If Bokoharam are winning the war against the Army, you won't be @ your comfort zone spilling this rubbish.

Ask your self how many days it took the Taliban's to take over the government of Afghanistan.
Think with your brain pls
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by do4luv14(m): 7:43pm On Aug 05, 2022
einsteine:

So because he is a soldier, he should be allowed to go through one way and endanger other road users?

They are not the only one in that one-way,
go and read the post again,

besides the lone soldier part is not on a one way
thank you
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:22pm On Aug 05, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

As a Nigerian you seem used to lawlessness. [b]In sane settings the police had all the right to stop those soldiers at their prerogative (whether there's only one car trying to pass or not). [/b]The only case where the soldiers hold the aces is in situations of martial law being declared (state of emergency). These muppets always think they're superior to everyone because they joined the military. Not that the police force is comprised of sensible humans also.
Until we all understand the bolded and get the Nigerian to government to compel the army to begin to see themselves as being subjects of the law we will continue to witness this kind of lawlessness from the army
Thanks for enlightening everyone of us so deeply
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Fujiyama: 9:24pm On Aug 05, 2022
Phraences:
I don't support the soldiers actions at all and the soldiers need to be punished. However, on the part of the police men, since the traffic was being controlled manually and not through traffic light, in the spirit of esprit d'corps the police should have let the lane the soldiers where continue and stopped that lane after.

An analogy would be the way pregnant women and old people are given preference even when there is a queue.

^^^
Your first sentence sums what all right thinking people feel about this matter. There's no need to add anything to it.

Suggesting that the traffic police could have done things differently will only embolden the military people and their apologists on here. These people just want to kill for no reason. It is all they know. They do not deserve any kind of consideration whatsoever.

A man was murdered because soldiers in a bus were angry that he gave civilians right of way. Nothing can ever excuse this.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Fujiyama: 9:51pm On Aug 05, 2022
gfelo:
Either you are a dismissed regiment, or unfortunate barrack brought up, or son, brother to a failed nigerian army General.

It is unthinkable and unfortunate that the whole nigerian people like u lack orientations abt military work.

I see some idiot like u who ve never contribute anything important to this country open their trash to abuse security personnel not knowing the sacrifice they ve made so far for you.

It is a pity police and army ve clash we Nigerians still love them and we appreciate their work.

May God resolve what transpired between them, and may God give the family of the bereaved the fortitude to bear the loss.

^^^
The nonsense never ends. It just goes on and on and on....

But it will be called out, right here, right now.

Nigerians are tired of endless reminders of the so-called 'sacrifice' made by military. The endless demands for 'respect'. undecided It never stops.

Nigeria is not the only country with an army. And yet, despite having one, the country is in freefall, completely overrun by terrorists. None of this makes sense.

The script wouldn't be complete without your reference to God (as usual). undecided Nobody does God like we do. But there is nothing for God to 'resolve' here.

Soldiers murdered a man on traffic duty just for doing his job. Nothing can ever change that.

While Orube's family will need fortitude in the days ahead - they need something else too: justice.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by yommygift15: 10:25pm On Aug 05, 2022
I pray for more of this, those Useless black uniform men are nothing but intimidators.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Litmus: 10:42pm On Aug 05, 2022
abobote:
Family business

I like the way soldiers humble police in Nigeria

Gradually police will learn to fear men in military uniform and to immediately let them pass and never challenge them. This is how terrorists dressed loosely or in facsimile of military fatigues will get through police checkpoints....

If Nigeria is to defeat terrorists, no one should be above police detaining, inspecting, stopping and querying etc...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Ilaje1: 12:31am On Aug 06, 2022
Offpointng:

No the soldiers were wrong. In a sane society, everybody including policemen, soldiers obey the traffic light. You leave early so you don't run late.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Desusi: 3:43am On Aug 06, 2022
Jamesbiodun:
Soldiers always intimidating everybody but they can't face book Haram... angry
Iam tired of this oooo,naso l see am ooo!
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 5:02am On Aug 06, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Until we all understand the bolded and get the Nigerian to government to compel the army to begin to see themselves as being subjects of the law we will continue to witness this kind of lawlessness from the army
Thanks for enlightening everyone of us so deeply

You're welcome sir.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by efficiencie(m): 6:30am On Aug 06, 2022
Offpointng:

So if it was a traffic light that stopped them they would rather come down and destroy the traffic light so that they can arrive on time and avoid punishment or they will drive against the traffic light and risk an accident just to escape punishment from arriving late...we have normalized madness in this country. If you don't want to arrive late, you leave much earlier. The barbarism of the men in uniform has reached alarming levels. Many of our armed officers are basically lunatics with weapons. Even if they were stopped they wouldn't have spent more than 5 minutes there and I assure you that the time it took to confront the policemen, apprehend them, beat them up, drag them into their vehicles and drive off would have exceeded 5 minutes.

The political elite have reduced the Nigerian army to nothing. They know that a well educated army is always a threat to the corrupt elite. There are no more Hassan Katsina Nzeogwus in the army. There are no more bright young and vibrant minds in the army. What we have in the army are miscreants, thugs and animals clad in uniform, trained to be brute beasts bereft of strategy, initiative, commonsense, decorum and patriotism.

It is such a shame! There was a country.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Offpointng: 7:01am On Aug 06, 2022
efficiencie:

So if it was a traffic light that stopped them they would rather come down and destroy the traffic light so that they can arrive on time and avoid punishment or they will drive against the traffic light and risk an accident just to escape punishment from arriving late...we have normalized madness in this country. If you don't want to arrive late, you leave much earlier. The barbarism of the men in uniform has reached alarming levels. Many of our armed officers are basically lunatics with weapons. Even if they were stopped they wouldn't have spent more than 5 minutes there and I assure you that the time it took to confront the policemen, apprehend them, beat them up, drag them into their vehicles and drive off would have exceeded 5 minutes.

The political elite have reduced the Nigerian army to nothing. They know that a well educated army is always a threat to the corrupt elite. There are no more Hassan Katsina Nzeogwus in the army. There are no more bright young and vibrant minds in the army. What we have in the army are miscreants, thugs and animals clad in uniform, trained to be brute beasts bereft of strategy, initiative, commonsense, decorum and patriotism.

It is such a shame! There was a country.

Ilaje1:

No the soldiers were wrong. In a sane society, everybody including policemen, soldiers obey the traffic light. You leave early so you don't run late.

Thanks for sharing ur opinion without insults, twas well appreciated bosses
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Alpharey: 7:52am On Aug 06, 2022
"No Igbo man will rule our BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY". I laugh in Swahili. Come and defend your "beautiful country". Rubbish
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Gkemz: 8:18am On Aug 06, 2022
Good for the police whether he's right or wrong. Same awaits every corrupt police personnel guilty of human right abuse.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Dagger111(m): 10:58am On Aug 06, 2022
TylerDurden:
Bloody idiots

When they post them to Zamfara or Bornu they will be forming social activists claiming no weapons or poor welfare packages and from there go AWOL.

But when in peaceful south , you see the idiots forming Rambo.

People should understand that the average grunt in the army was a social misfit and failure before joining the army .

These idiots 5ys ago were roaming the streets as civilians with no hope in sight . now they joined the Arny and have come to see bullying civilians as their only compensation in their miserable wretched lives. If you see the way officers treat these NCOs you will not even advice your enemy to join the army.

Your writeup is all abt jealously. What do you know about the military? Kids everywhere on NL.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Babinski: 11:20am On Aug 06, 2022
abobote:
Family business

I like the way soldiers humble police in Nigeria

The Soldiers have no reason to humble the Police by show of reckless brute force just like the Police have no reason to do same to Civilians in a sane country. All these gragra and show of shame are evidences of gross indiscipline and symptoms of a failing nation. In the USA or UK, retired soldiers who are not too old sometimes join the Police and do not see themselves as superior to the Police. In Nigeria, reverse is the case. Everyone feeling bigger than their boots!
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by gfelo(m): 2:12pm On Aug 06, 2022
I can see u are pained if type of u is on uniform, u will be more callous than them, I don't blame u for passing me insult that's how u are brought up, the type of u is the problem we have in this country.
TylerDurden:

You remain an idiot and a bastard for insulting your father over a comment that does not concern you.

Fool.

Go and check well and see that from the point of enlistment, a recruit has began his career in the military.

Every military in the world pays enlisted men during their training .

Son of an Osu poxed faggin
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Jamesbiodun(m): 4:19pm On Aug 06, 2022
Philipsdael:

If Bokoharam are winning the war against the Army, you won't be @ your comfort zone spilling this rubbish.

Ask your self how many days it took the Taliban's to take over the government of Afghanistan.
Think with your brain pls
it seems your brain is not working... It takes Taliban more than decades...
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by roselynbas(f): 5:08pm On Aug 06, 2022
There's a policeman at that Ojo Police station who is always on the road checking smugglers, he has been there for a very long time to the point that I wondered if they don't transfer officers. Was he the one that was killed? Can someone share his pix?
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Dagger111(m): 5:59pm On Aug 06, 2022
TylerDurden:

Jealousy?

For your mind.

Soja dey run for him work is that what I will be jealous of?

You idiots are too much on this forum

You must have been seriously dealt with b4 by a soldier, hence, your lamentations. I can feel your pain boy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The Full Meaning Of EFCC? See Hilarious Answers / President Jonathan And Burkina Faso Military Leader (Picture) / Saraki And Lovely Wife Toyin In Cheerful Mood (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.