Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1000064 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Blurpy: 10:20pm On Aug 22, 2022
Good evening everyone

Good evening guys, is it possible to do the tb test in a different country you’ll be applying from?

I’m in SA now , and I won’t be back home till November when I’ll apply for visa., want to know if the tb test done in SA can be used in applying for visa in Nigeria?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kennyg428: 10:32pm On Aug 22, 2022
babino22:

Please use another bank, I learnt the hard way after waiting for over 8 weeks without been debited. I had to buy at black market rate because of school deposit deadline.

Sterling bank is just a useless bank as far as Form A is concerned. My application was there for 5 weeks on a spot. I had to use black market too after they wasted my time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by SaintOpzy(m): 10:38pm On Aug 22, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

It really depends there's no timeline for NSF and honestly you shouldn't be waiting for one

Is there a reason you are expecting NSF?

Cheers

Yea, remember I failed to upload my TB test
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Getset: 10:46pm On Aug 22, 2022
Good evening my people,

Please do you advise I open a dollar or Pounds Domiciliary account. In other word, do I pay my tuition fees in pounds or USD.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Getset: 10:55pm On Aug 22, 2022
I'm afraid Fidelity might be more useless than your Sterling bank. It's been 3 weeks now and my form A has not been reviewed at all.

Kennyg428:

Sterling bank is just a useless bank as far as Form A is concerned. My application was there for 5 weeks on a spot. I had to use black market too after they wasted my time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LH44: 10:58pm On Aug 22, 2022
Same issue I had with Stanbic, waited over 2 months. I had to cancel and use the black market as well. The annoying part was that I was charged N5,000 for form A even though money wasn't disbursed. Absolutely ridiculous.

Kennyg428:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jamesobedbaisel: 11:02pm On Aug 22, 2022
Hello everyone here
I really need your input on this one.
I have got my student visa and my studies is one year.
When filling the application form I chose unmarried partner as I’m not married to her yet. I intend to marry her this October and put her application in. I have been with my unmarried partner form 2018. I want to find out if it’s possible to apply for her after our marriage?
Also can I use her bank statement as a proof of fund?
How much maintenance is needed for dependent?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Imnaknus: 11:09pm On Aug 22, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

Not at all, you can use your salary account

Cheers
Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Amarathripple0: 11:39pm On Aug 22, 2022
bigtt76:
Best to specify - paper notes are being phased out and not entirely £20 and £50 denominations. The paper notes will be replaced with polymer notes like our N5, N10, N20 and N50 notes

Thanks for clarifying!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Osense10: 11:46pm On Aug 22, 2022
Osense10:
Hi everyone,

My biometric was captured at TLS abuja 29th of July, my application moved to DMC since 2nd August. I didn't receive an NSF mail.
This is the 4th week of my visa application standard (TLS Self Service). My question is do I send a paid mail or phone call? Am worried as school resumption is 8th Sept am yet to plan my travel due to visa delay.
@ justwise, dduchess90 and other gurus please advise. Thanks
congratulations to me my visa is out today

29 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by TeamLagos147: 11:52pm On Aug 22, 2022
Congratulations!!! Mine will be next.
Osense10:

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by BStrands(f): 11:53pm On Aug 22, 2022
Wow congratulations cheesy

Osense10:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by JerryLegend(m): 12:23am On Aug 23, 2022
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by fascco(m): 2:01am On Aug 23, 2022
spiceeamiee:
Mama, please what is POF Consent letter? And the third party declaration sent i have seen other people post, we did not see it on our dependents form o. Please help.

I got my visa fee weeks back but it did not come with the brp letter….. plz if you can help or what did I need to do to get my brp letter

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by abuhusna1: 2:17am On Aug 23, 2022
Got into aberdeen finally with lots of experiences in my journey but the little one I will like to share is make sure you have your proof of funds intact cos some immigration officers can ask you to log in and show them or show them cash and accommodation you have in place if you are coming with family.
I saw a nigerian guy who at the brink of being deported but I pray he scaled through. The officer checked something on his phone, then took his documents inside for almost 1 hour and return with a support officer to take the guy into another room for secondary interrogation.
Everyone case different aim at the best prepare for the worst

13 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 2:52am On Aug 23, 2022
Hello

There's no extra guidance and you can do it yourself

Your fiancée can apply for a spouse dependant visa

The link to do so is on the first page, you will need documents to proof the relationship and marriage is substantial apart from just wedding pictures and certificate

After your wedding and once you are ready for the application please ask questions

Please do not fall for any agents pretending to give advise, agents have a history of messing things up for people and have ruined lives by attracting bans everywhere they go.

These applications are easy to do and there is enough help on this thread to answer questions. You don't need to contact anyone, make them no scam you

Cheers
Kynxley:
please any solution to this situation? i have gotten my visa but i just recently decided to marry my fiancée whom i intend to take along with( [font=Lucida Sans Unicode]NB: i made the decision to marry and take along just recently as it was not the plan prior) but i don't know how to go about it. please i need guideline on how to proceed with this plan please.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 2:56am On Aug 23, 2022
Hello

Told you agents will disguise and give advise

Some have posted visa alerts

Funny some impatient gullible people on this forum will still patronise them

Thanks for spotting this out I have alerted @Justwise

Cheers
Oggg:
please then post your advice here, nobody needs to contact you on call or whatsapp.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 3:00am On Aug 23, 2022
Hello

Here's a link on BRP, there is a section to send an email on this

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/report-problem

Cheers
Please send an
fascco:
I got my visa fee weeks back but it did not come with the brp letter….. plz if you can help or what did I need to do to get my brp letter

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 3:01am On Aug 23, 2022
Hello

1. Yes you can get married anytime and she can apply for visa

2. Yes she can use her account for POFs

3. First page will give you the breakdown

Cheers
jamesobedbaisel:
Hello everyone here
I really need your input on this one.
I have got my student visa and my studies is one year.
When filling the application form I chose unmarried partner as I’m not married to her yet. I intend to marry her this October and put her application in. I have been with my unmarried partner form 2018. I want to find out if it’s possible to apply for her after our marriage?
Also can I use her bank statement as a proof of fund?
How much maintenance is needed for dependent?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 3:03am On Aug 23, 2022
Hello

Your decision

Form A is usually the cheapest and longest option but best if you still have time

Cheers
Getset:
Good evening my people,

Please do you advise I open a dollar or Pounds Domiciliary account. In other word, do I pay my tuition fees in pounds or USD.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 3:03am On Aug 23, 2022
Hello

Okay, you should get that within the 15working days
Cheers

SaintOpzy:

Yea, remember I failed to upload my TB test
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 3:04am On Aug 23, 2022
Hello

You can do so a week after

Cheers
desi10mi:
Please, after replying to NSF for the dependants on Friday evening, when can I do a paid call to know if decisions have been made?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 3:08am On Aug 23, 2022
Hello

It depends if you will be in Nigeria for up to 6months then you will need to repeat the TB test

My advise, do it in Nigeria

Cheers
Blurpy:
Good evening everyone

Good evening guys, is it possible to do the tb test in a different country you’ll be applying from?

I’m in SA now , and I won’t be back home till November when I’ll apply for visa., want to know if the tb test done in SA can be used in applying for visa in Nigeria?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by offwego: 3:13am On Aug 23, 2022
Are you asking about work experience for Uni admission or visa purposes?

Xavier70s:
Please I would like to ask a question, I finished nysc service in 2019, I couldn't get a job after that but my father has building projects in lagos and owerri that I have been handling till date as both supervisor and procurementof materials and so , does this count as work experience and if so how can I go about the reference, because I don't want to do a fake reference
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kalakris: 3:31am On Aug 23, 2022
desi10mi:
Please, after replying to NSF for the dependants on Friday evening, when can I do a paid call to know if decisions have been made?
What did the NSF require and when was your bio?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by offwego: 4:15am On Aug 23, 2022
Enrolment deadlines are in place to ensure that you are at the Institution for the beginning, or as close as possible to the beginning of teaching. so really, your institution will be in the best position to advise on their late arrival threshold as this differs for institutions. It's best to notify the institution asap and confirm if they can accept your arrival within the timeline you are seeking as you can be refused entry if you arrive after the latest arrival date specified on your CAS.

Ellatyra:
Please I just want to enquire the implications of arriving the uk Late as an international student? For context,arriving 3weeks after coursework starts…& also,will this cause an hassle with the uk immigration at the airport?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jamesobedbaisel: 4:28am On Aug 23, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

1. Yes you can get married anytime and she can apply for visa

2. Yes she can use her account for POFs

3. First page will give you the breakdown

Cheers

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Klem28(m): 4:41am On Aug 23, 2022
Hello please, those people that was saying I should wait, over to you please. My biometric as MA and two Dependants done on 27th July while that of other two Dependants done on 29th July. All have exceeded processing time. Paid mail sent and I received response that decision had been made on the applications. A follow up paid call made and was told that application of one of the Dependant is still open. I'm yet to receive collection mail and I don't know what else to do. Kindly help out urgently I'm more troubled.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by offwego: 4:41am On Aug 23, 2022
You may need to check individual IELTS requirements for institutions offering your programme of interest if you intend to use this as your English Language qualification for admission as programmes have different IELTS minimum requirements.

Also, WAEC English Language grades A1-C6 is also accepted as an English Language qualification so you use your WAEC to also apply for admission.

ocpaschal:
Hello everyone, pls I want to seek your advice on UK study. I have a Bsc in Political Science, graduated in 2015 with second class lower division with a GPA of 3.04 on a 5 scale. I have IELTS score Band 6.5 overall and each with only speaking 7. I am a member of Nigeria Red Cross Society and have volunteer experience in Community outreach programs. My intention is to study Masters in Social work or a similar course on Caregiver/Care support role.
I just want to enquire on the following;

- Is my overall IELTS Band 6.5 good enough for Masters in Social work?

- Pls do you know Masters courses that are similar to Social Work that I can study?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by wizzy4real23: 5:09am On Aug 23, 2022
This is serious and those people do not have phone number to contact them. This is serious o. Please anyone know how to contact TLS directly?
mydeporch:

That's is the way it's been since Saturday. I tried checking midnite but got nothing.
Although I got 15th and I was thinking I would be able to amend but nothing is coming up. Everything is just blank wt no time.
Keep trying .

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by offwego: 5:29am On Aug 23, 2022
UK Institutions are battling with an unprecedented increase in both applications and deposit payments. to put it in context. Nigeria is at a 150% increase in the total pool of firm acceptances in comparison to this same time 2021. Just to be clear, firm acceptances being, accepted an offer of a place and paid a deposit.

So instances where you get sent these types of emails are sadly going to be commonplace.

jsquares:

Bradford is so competitive, I wrote to them to defer my Admission September intake 2022 to January 2023, they accepted unfortunately I just received a mail on11th August 2022 that if I didn't pay £2000 intial deposit on on before 11/08/22 that I should defer again to September 2023. So my brother that is braford for u

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.