Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,853 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (995364 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mannymanny: 11:30pm On Aug 06, 2022
I shall collect my visa and that of my dependants in this part.

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Resilient97: 11:30pm On Aug 06, 2022
Thank you for your concern, it has been sorted(P.S he took the risk to help me, I'm grateful 9jer and nairaland family)
Bwaal:
you dont need help you can do it yourself thats why you are here .........pay your IHS using dollar dom account its easy that way......find person close to u if you no get ,biko no enter one chance ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Oyinkan0606: 1:20am On Aug 07, 2022
dqueen1:

I logged in and I saw the 1 sept there and it was 10th August before and I still have the email for the confirmation, I’m asking if I can still take my 10th confirmation email there on Wednesday, I’m lost as to how someone can make this kind of mistake

The person checking at the gate has the printed list of the people with appointments for that day.

Since it's been changed to Sept 1, your name won't be there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by BarrONLS: 1:41am On Aug 07, 2022
And this is the part I get to share my testimony on my visa collection in 4/5months time by God’s special grace and mercy upon me and my family. Amen.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Fikayomi2(m): 1:49am On Aug 07, 2022
Guys which universities in the UK can I apply to against January 2023 for undergraduate courses
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by bastardson: 2:31am On Aug 07, 2022
I will look back on this particular post with praise… Page 3/4…

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Promoter2: 3:06am On Aug 07, 2022
Fikayomi2:
Guys which universities in the UK can I apply to against January 2023 for undergraduate courses

A lot. Just do your research
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Igbamatigbi: 3:40am On Aug 07, 2022
Good morning, is it possible to upload more documents on the portal after submitting application for biometrics before the biometrics day?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Emmanuel909090: 3:45am On Aug 07, 2022
Educative, following.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Emmanuel909090: 3:50am On Aug 07, 2022
justwise:
Part 8 is here please continue posting your questions/inquires here,

See part7 here for references https://www.nairaland.com/6954875/uk-student-visa-tier-4

Credit to mimilyrics for these materials below

For more update info visit this website https://www.gov.uk/student-visa/mimilyrics
You can apply for your visa at most, 6 months before your course start date but you can only travel at most, 1 month before your course start date.
Stop!!! Important advice before you continue: https://www.nairaland.com/6719932/living-uk-life-immigrant-part-2#105186938
Can I work and earn enough to pay my fees? See this link as a guide: https://www.nairaland.com/6719932/living-uk-life-immigrant-part-2/538#115106703

[b]List of UK universities:

https://www.ukuni.net/universities
https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_universities_in_the_United_Kingdom

Contacting UKVI about you visa application: [/b]https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y

[b] GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS:

1. Your academic transcript.
2. Your CV/resume (postgraduate study).
3. Copy of your passport.
4. Reference/recommendation letters/Contacts. Many schools take recommendations by email – they ask you for your recommender(s)’s emails and send them the link to fill in their recommendations. Alternatively, you can send a scanned copy of the recommendation letter on the letter-headed paper of your recommender’s company via email or upload via the student portal depending on your school.
5. A personal statement. This is your opportunity to sell yourself as an excellent fit for the school/course.
6. An English language qualification such as IELTS, SSEC or WAEC C6 or above or TOEFL. Some schools accept a letter from your previous institutions stating that you were fully taught in English. Find out what your school will accept from you.
Note: Many schools will require you to submit the bank statement or the proof of funds that you want to use before issuing your CAS.
Also, have your travel history at hand as many schools will like to know if you have been refused visas previously and why to enable them to gauge your success at getting a visa. Declaring refusals to schools and UKVI doesn’t mean that your visa application will be rejected, it only means that some schools might decline your application due to the risk of your student refusal as a means to retain the integrity of their admission/CAS issuance processes as certain refusals cast negative light on the integrity of their processes.

Can I contact you?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by UARBIAFRAODUA: 4:35am On Aug 07, 2022
GIOlayomi:
£5,500 is the new deposit now. I'm processing my Form A for the same amount. Ulster University Birmingham.

Thanks alot, what about the POF is yours matured? Or they don't require POF?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by tomiwiyu: 5:43am On Aug 07, 2022
Hello gurus in the house , I want to start application for my wife , but having issue with her Original waec (private) certificate . Pls do Uk university allow result sheet in case the certificate is not available. She did her weac far back 2006.

Anyone with idea on how to get the certificate?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by UARBIAFRAODUA: 6:12am On Aug 07, 2022
GIOlayomi:
£5,500 is the new deposit now. I'm processing my Form A for the same amount. Ulster University Birmingham.

We are going to the same school, do you mind if I send you a dm...let's link up bruh
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by victorVIC1(m): 7:20am On Aug 07, 2022
Please my wife's WAEC is combination of two sittings. Hope this won't affect her MSC application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by divinebarz: 7:25am On Aug 07, 2022
Hello house, pls my school starts September 26 but I will apply by August 18 because that's when my POF will mature. Any idea if I would still meet up with the program start date? Another question is do I need to upload my employment letter when applying although my school only said we should upload only what is stated in the CAS and it's only my academic documents. Meanwhile I have a 10 year gap after youth service but I have been working. I await your kind response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Eumaca: 8:01am On Aug 07, 2022
Please going for a program with a professional placement, does it affect decision on visa? Will the POF be calculated by 2years? Does it have any advantage over normal 12months program?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by TRUEBLOOD59(m): 8:02am On Aug 07, 2022
I want to apply for undergraduate scholarships. what are the steps taken?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Jona48(m): 8:26am On Aug 07, 2022
tomiwiyu:
Hello gurus in the house , I want to start application for my wife , but having issue with her Original waec (private) certificate . Pls do Uk university allow result sheet in case the certificate is not available. She did her weac far back 2006.

Anyone with idea on how to get the certificate?

She should go to the school she wrote her WAEC, the original result has long been out

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ibro2021: 8:37am On Aug 07, 2022
Hello

No it isn't.

Only alternative is to pay for self service when you go for biometrics and ask them to upload whatever additional docs you have.

Igbamatigbi:
Good morning, is it possible to upload more documents on the portal after submitting application for biometrics before the biometrics day?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Adetounisloved(f): 8:41am On Aug 07, 2022
Hello,

You should be able to meet up with the start date
. If you have a study gap of more than 5years you will need to upload an introdutory letter from your employer, go through the closed part 7 it will help you alot.
divinebarz:
Hello house, pls my school starts September 26 but I will apply by August 18 because that's when my POF will mature. Any idea if I would still meet up with the program start date? Another question is do I need to upload my employment letter when applying although my school only said we should upload only what is stated in the CAS and it's only my academic documents. Meanwhile I have a 10 year gap after youth service but I have been working. I await your kind response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ibro2021: 8:43am On Aug 07, 2022
Hello

It's quite a tight turnaround time since resumption date is close. You can try your luck and hope your collection mail drops within the 3 week timeline. Also confirm what date is the cutoff for resumption so you have all facts before making a decision.

On the study gap, it's advisable to provide all docs that'll aid the ECO in processing your application without an NSF.
Most applicants with study gap of 5 years plus are asked to provide evidence of what they were doing in that period.

divinebarz:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Adetounisloved(f): 8:45am On Aug 07, 2022
I stand to be corrected, i believe work reference is different from academic reference. You will need to get the academic reference from your school and also from your department.
OPRI:
Good Day Everyone.
Please I would like to enquire if one can get a work reference instead of an academic reference considering I've been out of school for quite a while and cant find anyone from my school to refer me?Or can I equally get an academic reference from a lecturer different from the school I attended?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Adetounisloved(f): 8:48am On Aug 07, 2022
please go through the closed part 7 it will help you a lot on which document will make you to avoid NSF mail
QuantAnalyst:
Hello house,

For self service appointment, what document should we take to the tls appointment? We have uploaded pretty much every necessary documents online.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ibro2021: 9:17am On Aug 07, 2022
Hello

To be on the safe side, you can go with originals and copies of the docs you uploaded. They may not be requested for though.

I was asked for:
- first page of completed visa application doc
- document checklist
- passport data page photocopy
- printed copy of email confirmation of appointment from TLS

Please note that experiences differ so you may be asked to provide others. Hence my advice to go with all docs uploaded.

QuantAnalyst:
Hello house,

For self service appointment, what document should we take to the tls appointment? We have uploaded pretty much every necessary documents online.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 07, 2022
Hello House,

Please, do we have anyone on this platform who had his/her biometrics done on 18th July and hasn’t received a decision on Friday 5th Aug (15 working days).

Tomorrow makes it 16 working days for me. No NSF mail, no nothing.

Is this normal?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mjosha: 9:51am On Aug 07, 2022
I will be getting my visa on this thread ijn

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by zeeboy61: 9:51am On Aug 07, 2022
You are a" prophet " yet you are in panic mood .Take it easy bro.

nairalandprophet:
Hello House,

Please, do we have anyone on this platform who had his/her biometrics done on 18th July and hasn’t received a decision on Friday 5th Aug (15 working days).

Is this normal?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by hannahBambo: 10:12am On Aug 07, 2022
try to send a paid mail/call

nairalandprophet:
Hello House,

Is this normal?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Skynet2021: 10:13am On Aug 07, 2022
Please what's the procedure for paid call or mail?
hannahBambo:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Aieboocaar(m): 10:20am On Aug 07, 2022
Skynet2021:
Please what's the procedure for paid call or mail?

When was your biometric date??

Is it up to 15 working days yet??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 07, 2022
hannahBambo:

You think something must have gone wrong?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Promoter2: 10:29am On Aug 07, 2022
nairalandprophet:

You think something must have gone wrong?

Try not to panic. Your application is only 15 working days old. Try a paid mail as suggested.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1029)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.