Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,968 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (1029) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (996953 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1026) (1027) (1028) (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Yaya88: 2:41pm On Jul 16, 2023
Welcomme:
Do you have any visa refusal?
None! I have an active US visa in the passport plus 5 tourist visa travels to the US and Schengen states in the past 10 years.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by oladeyle: 2:43pm On Jul 16, 2023
Is it compulsory to have transaction on the first date of your SOA counting?

duchess90:
Hello

It's your account, if there are transactions fine, if not then fine as well

Some people have busy accounts others do not

Ensure the funds you have are for your use in the UK

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 2:45pm On Jul 16, 2023
Hello

Do another paid mail

Quote the time line since your application from biometrics ,NSF etc

Include the number of paid mails , escalation and paid call, include dates and time

Explain that this is unacceptable and have caused you anxiety as you prepare for study

State that you are exploring options in raising an official complaint or further legal advice

Do so Monday

Keep us updated

Cheers
Yaya88:

I have done 3 paid emails, 2 escalations and 1 paid call on Friday last week and they are still considering my application and are yet to make a decision.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Yaya88: 2:51pm On Jul 16, 2023
duchess90:
Hello

Do another paid mail

Quote the time line since your application from biometrics ,NSF etc

Include the number of paid mails , escalation and paid call, include dates and time

Explain that this is unacceptable and have caused you anxiety as you prepare for study

State that you are exploring options in raising an official complaint or further legal advice

Do so Monday

Keep us updated

Cheers

Thank you. I will start drafting the letter now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by puffmama: 3:14pm On Jul 16, 2023
I believe it's after you have paid your fees and submitted .

JhaayYoung:

Hi all,
I am hoping i can get an answer to this so as to make Informed decision. Better still, in clear terms, when is the application regarded as submitted, is it after filling all information and generating IHS fee or after payment of IHS and visa fee.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kroey93: 3:25pm On Jul 16, 2023
Good day everyone, so I have my biometric this week, I did self upload. What documents should I take with me to the VAC. Do I have to take everything I upload or just my passport, checklist and TLS appointment email? Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by chemicalibk: 3:45pm On Jul 16, 2023
Kroey93:
Good day everyone, so I have my biometric this week, I did self upload. What documents should I take with me to the VAC. Do I have to take everything I upload or just my passport, checklist and TLS appointment email? Thank you

How long did you get biometric date after submission
Like when did you submit and your biometric date
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by biosamak: 3:48pm On Jul 16, 2023
Welcomme:
Do you have any visa refusal?

I know people who had refusals and got visa in 2weeks that you have refusal I don’t think that should delay this much from experience though.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Zita86: 4:24pm On Jul 16, 2023
Hello, please for those who have travelled to the UK, what are the consequences of having a vignette on your passport without a decision mail or BRP mail?
It seems this situation is unique to only me as I've been unable to get a response from anyone.
I learnt that to pick BRP from a post office the decision letter and vignette is required that's why I've been worried. The pick up place chosen during my application is a post office.
And if it would be required of me to present it at the point of entry too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by mescanayo(m): 5:42pm On Jul 16, 2023
Nanorest:
What's with all this social media noise regarding flight increase. I am seeing flight ticket for around 500k and below for August and September

From wakanow or better still which arline? Mention here pls
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Nanorest: 6:03pm On Jul 16, 2023
mescanayo:

From wakanow or better still which arline? Mention here pls

Qatar airways
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kroey93: 6:11pm On Jul 16, 2023
I submitted on the 11th and I got biometric immediately for the 19th. Mine is Abuja so I’m
guessing it’s not as hectic as Lagos. Even when I was booking appointment, I could book for 13th, 14, 15th but because I’m flying from Port Harcourt, I picked 19th. I heard booking for Lagos is very hard

chemicalibk:

How long did you get biometric date after submission
Like when did you submit and your biometric date

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Advision: 6:41pm On Jul 16, 2023
Zita86:
Hello, please for those who have travelled to the UK, what are the consequences of having a vignette on your passport without a decision mail or BRP mail?
It seems this situation is unique to only me as I've been unable to get a response from anyone.
I learnt that to pick BRP from a post office the decision letter and vignette is required that's why I've been worried. The pick up place chosen during my application is a post office.
And if it would be required of me to present it at the point of entry too.

If your passport has the right vignette, you shouldn't be asked for any further document at the point of entry.

Wondering why you have no letter though
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Zita86: 6:59pm On Jul 16, 2023
Advision:

If your passport has the right vignette, you shouldn't be asked for any further document at the point of entry.

Wondering why you have no letter though
I really don't know why I wasn't sent a BRP mail like others...every other person in my school group got theirs a day to collection mail or a day after collection mail. I've searched all my spam, promotion, all mails but nothing like that. So sad
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Eccentricdope(f): 7:48pm On Jul 16, 2023
Hello, please will it make sense to start visa application in August if the resumption date is September ? Because my POF will be 28days in August. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ugwukcee: 8:18pm On Jul 16, 2023
Hi group.
@ @duchess90 please. Am having fears. I got my visa in May, I indicated I had no one depending on me for financial support. Now am getting married next month, is it possible to apply for my wife a UK visa as dependant? What do I need as proof and Pls if this is possible or have been achieveed before, how do I go about it? Thanks for all you do here, it will be great if I can communicate with you personally.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Yettyminaj: 8:30pm On Jul 16, 2023
Thanks for your reply...
Will the assisted service nullify the already uploaded self service document....
Because I'm thinking of going with the affected POF and not all the other uploaded documents.

Cashmadam:

Pay for assisted service and submit the correct statement for upload. You can add a cover letter if that makes you feel better.

Check all the documents you uploaded and ensure they are all okay.

Good luck!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Superex(m): 8:33pm On Jul 16, 2023
IFSHR:

You can opt for a paid call....to know if your application as been decided or not ......visit the ukvi web for how to initiate one..... In addition you can visit the bank you used as financial evidence, to inquiry if they got a verification mail from ukvi and if they have responded to it ..

This is serious. I used like 4 banks for POF due to FX rate issues. So I have to visit each one to verify if a mail was sent?😫😫
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Olaniyan77: 8:37pm On Jul 16, 2023
Superex:

This is serious. I used like 4 banks for POF due to FX rate issues. So I have to visit each one to verify if a mail was sent?😫😫
Does your application received by DMC?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Paxziano: 9:59pm On Jul 16, 2023
Good day @duchess90

Please my wife booked her uploaded her documents and booked for her biometrics but so far, she hasn't gotten a confirmation mail for her appointment. I read somewhere that the mail is to come immediately. We have checked mail inbox and spam messages but no message.. is this normal? Or the fact that it's a Sunday is playing a part why theail wasn't sent today..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Cashmadam: 10:04pm On Jul 16, 2023
Yettyminaj:
Thanks for your reply...
Will the assisted service nullify the already uploaded self service document....
Because I'm thinking of going with the affected POF and not all the other uploaded documents.

Take all your documents. The ones you uploaded will be in the system but take them all the same.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Cashmadam: 10:05pm On Jul 16, 2023
Paxziano:
Good day @duchess90

Please my wife booked her uploaded her documents and booked for her biometrics but so far, she hasn't gotten a confirmation mail for her appointment. I read somewhere that the mail is to come immediately. We have checked mail inbox and spam messages but no message.. is this normal? Or the fact that it's a Sunday is playing a part why theail wasn't sent today..

My friend's son had this issue on Friday. No confirmation email. Has anyone else experienced this and what was done to resolve the issue?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by fapfam(f): 10:09pm On Jul 16, 2023
@sanctos1 please how much did you pay for visa fees and NHS fee thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by IFSHR: 10:11pm On Jul 16, 2023
Superex:

For your own good ...we have seen cases where people get refusal due to bank not responding to verification mail from ukvi....

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by justwise(m): 10:12pm On Jul 16, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (1026) (1027) (1028) (1029)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.