Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,385 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1011126 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Samcathe: 9:43am On Sep 10, 2022
Please for those in UK, how do you guys sort out accomodations issue before getting to UK.

URGENT PLEASE

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by damola20: 9:44am On Sep 10, 2022
kbpresh:
Hi people, anyone here going to Anglia Ruskin, Cambridge??

I am going there, I recently just got my admission but I haven’t gotten any information about their accommodation at all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by nickishire: 10:01am On Sep 10, 2022
divine128:

I didn’t attend the school

I’m not sure it really matters. Your school registered you for an examination in the school and so should have access to the management. You can also visit the school yourself to make a request.

Also you can mention the elders in the forum and get their input.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Davidandgo: 10:06am On Sep 10, 2022
donshegzy:
Visa Alert!!!

This is perhaps one of the most testing journeys I’ve embarked upon in a long while.

Getting a biometric date was a big hassle so we selected assisted service for MA and self service for dependents. This was during the time people slept on TLS Ikeja website and couldn’t get dates for MA.

Biometrics for family of 3 - 29th June (we did walk in with our son)

Main applicant was served 3 NSFs (1 empty, 2 document request for TB certificate and academic documents)

Dependents got 1 NSF each on day 14 of application

After 3rd NSF for MA, we decided to send all documents, including education, POF, CAS, TB, etc.

Decision made 27th July.

Collection mail for MA and 1 Dependent - August 3.

Then the wait started. Our 2 year old’s passport didn’t move. We called, escalated, and waited. Escalation team sent an email on 14th day of escalation asking us to be patient as they work on it.

We became anxious as school mandated September 13th as last day to resume. We called again and UKVI said we either re-escalate and wait another 15 working days or do nothing and wait. We chose the latter by faith.

Mind you, at this point, our rented apartment had started reading and we were losing money already, 2 weeks rent gone.

Finally, dependent’s application moved to VAC 8 days after escalation team contacted us - September 8
Collection - September 9.

I’ve detailed this because I found that not many people talked about escalation and the timeline it took to get their passports back. The wait can be crazy and disturbing, the UKVI agents can be nonchalant, but it’ll all be worth it in the end.

Thank you all for the help, I’ve followed this thread for the last one year, read through chapter 6,7, and now 8! And I can say it’s a treasure trove of information. You guys are the best.

Big Congratulations!!! I am especially happy for you and your family!

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:06am On Sep 10, 2022
Immality:

No
Was trying it with Qatar website

I bought Qatar ticket on Friday through that website and paid in naira ...however as a 3rd party be sure you won't change the ticket as it might be harder to change it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by BiologicalDvice(m): 10:10am On Sep 10, 2022
This is an emergency case, which you should report to the bank. Never treat this type of issue with a single individual. Call and email the relevant units. Contact your bank, not your account officer. If you are a GTBank customer, say, use https://www.gtbank.com/help-centre/complaints-enquiries#nav-emergency-services

Report it under suspected fraud or unauthorised transaction, see attached image. You wouldn't want to start filling out forms and waiting for the bank to "investigate and resolve the problem as soon as possible". E no dey hard for a story that touch to start...

I pray that all would be sorted out and that you get your visa on time.

To answer your question: start counting. You eliminate the need for explanation and any possible interest that the first explanation could generate.

Gist time: An account officer to major clients with one of the top banks was living large and travelling all over the place. He used to book tickets to watch EPL matches. When one of the clients pointed out some discrepancies in their account, the bank called him and asked him on the phone: what's up with XYZ accounts? That was the last time conversation. He disappeared! Last time I heard the bank is still looking for him.

Some abroad flex and local chilling na other people money dem dey take dey arrange am! grin

saddek04:
Good morning all, Duchess, Mimilyrics, Justwise and the rest. Please I need urgent help and advice on what to do.

I received a debit alert on my POF yesterday evening debiting the bulk money I deposited. I immediately called my account officer and they swung into action apologizing that it was a system error and that it was going to be reversed. Later, he now tilt me that it will be concluded on Monday because the Manager to authorize it had gone home. I have been so worried and couldn't sleep even though he told me that they will add a footnote so that when I print, it will show that it was a system error.

Please can I still use it or I will need to start counting from Monday but my shook resumes on 2nd of October and the Pof is to mature on the 20th of this Month.

What do you suggest I do?

I am thinking of asking the bank to give me a cover letter to shoe that the error is from them, will this work?

Please I need urgent advice onbwhst to do.

Thanksbas you respond Duchess,

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Seneti: 10:16am On Sep 10, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

Not sure I understand your question.

You have already completed UKVI application and paid IHS

What help do you need then??

Cheers

The help I need is around booking our biometrics. My husband booked his already, and when I tried to book mine, there was no date available or even the priority visa option. Is it possible for both
Of us to use his date? Or I have to keep trying to find a date.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kunleop: 10:33am On Sep 10, 2022
Guys

Asking on behalf of friend

The WAEC certificate carry 2 names and initial while the passport carry all the names. The 3TD name temitope was written on her waec as T.
BIO Is next week Thursday.

Is there any implications or what can she do?

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 10:44am On Sep 10, 2022
Hello

I assume T is her middle name

That's fine,I won't be too concerned

Cheers
Kunleop:
Guys

Asking on behalf of friend

The WAEC certificate carry 2 names and initial while the passport carry all the names. The 3TD name temitope was written on her waec as T.
BIO Is next week Thursday.

Is there any implications or what can she do?

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 10:45am On Sep 10, 2022
Hello

You have to try to book a date first and explore the flexi option that allows you walk-in with your husband on his day of biometrics

Priority is not available for dependants

Cheers
Seneti:

The help I need is around booking our biometrics. My husband booked his already, and when I tried to book mine, there was no date available or even the priority visa option. Is it possible for both

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kunleop: 10:53am On Sep 10, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

I assume T is her middle name

That's fine,I won't be too concerned

Cheers

Thank you.

I sent you a mail yesterday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by nwaogukings03: 11:03am On Sep 10, 2022
Please will Abuja to istanbul to london need a transit visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 11:23am On Sep 10, 2022
Hello

No

Cheers
nwaogukings03:
Please will Abuja to istanbul to london need a transit visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by nwaogukings03: 11:27am On Sep 10, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

No

Cheers

Thanks Duchess.

But I heard Abuja to (istanbul to Bodrum in Turkey) to london will need a transit visa. True?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by kymkym: 11:38am On Sep 10, 2022
Please I need your sincere advice. I have offer from Buckingham University and shiefield hallam University applied Data science and big data analytic respectively.

There is fee difference of about 4k. Buckingham is higher compare to shiefield hallam.

Buckingham is closer to London.

Please give me best advice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by mudimooon: 11:43am On Sep 10, 2022
Please who can help answer these??

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Seneti: 11:45am On Sep 10, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

You have to try to book a date first and explore the flexi option that allows you walk-in with your husband on his day of biometrics

Priority is not available for dependants

Cheers

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Skynet2021: 11:49am On Sep 10, 2022
Check the statement and confirm if it won't reflect
saddek04:
Good morning all, Duchess, Mimilyrics, Justwise and the rest. Please I need urgent help and advice on what to do.

I received a debit alert on my POF yesterday evening debiting the bulk money I deposited. I immediately called my account officer and they swung into action apologizing that it was a system error and that it was going to be reversed. Later, he now tilt me that it will be concluded on Monday because the Manager to authorize it had gone home. I have been so worried and couldn't sleep even though he told me that they will add a footnote so that when I print, it will show that it was a system error.

Please can I still use it or I will need to start counting from Monday but my shook resumes on 2nd of October and the Pof is to mature on the 20th of this Month.

What do you suggest I do?

I am thinking of asking the bank to give me a cover letter to shoe that the error is from them, will this work?

Please I need urgent advice onbwhst to do.

Thanksbas you respond Duchess,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by IPDaley: 11:52am On Sep 10, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

1. Did you advise your BRP to be sent to your Uni?

2. Have you checked for BRP mail in your inbox and spam messages

3. You should be fine traveling without it if No 1 is yes.please print out a screenshot where you flagged this up with UKVI and TLS.

4. Send same to your Uni so they are aware and can release your BRP on arrival if No 1 is Yes

Cheers

1. Yes, while filling my application, I put my uni address for BRP delivery

2. Yep, been checking spam/inbox day and night since I did biometrics lol.

3. Alright, I'll do that.

4. Will do.

Thanks for the response, I appreciate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by IPDaley: 11:54am On Sep 10, 2022
Skynet2021:
Got this from those that have entered - '' My own experience with this BRP letter that is not there . When we got to uk ,the POE officer didn't ask for it , when we presented it he said there was no need .. To collect your BRB you need your international passport... A brother who came recently misplaced his own and he wasn't asked .. A friend who came in told them at point of entry that he didn't get BRB letter from ukvi . I understand our fears ...... Now simple solution do a paid mail as evidence or back up to show that you asked for your BRB letter ... Inside the mail indicate that no BRB letter was attached then a day to when you want to leave print the mail as evidence ... So when asked at the point of entry if at all present the mail to them showing you asked for it but didn't get a reply .NB the truth is nobody will send you back without a BRB letter . Pls let's all stop getting ourselves worked up over this BRB stuff ....... Pls like this message to ensure that it is well digested and pls pass to your family and friends ....."

Thanks so much for this grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Jum1: 12:05pm On Sep 10, 2022
Hi, if my estimated pof with dependant is 17m n ive spent about 2m buying stuffs we all need in the UK. Do u think i should be okay to pass UK POE with 15m ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by AdeteePRINCESS: 12:23pm On Sep 10, 2022
LagosismyHome:

I bought Qatar ticket on Friday through that website and paid in naira ...however as a 3rd party be sure you won't change the ticket as it might be harder to change it

How did you pay using qatar website.. as I couldn't see the hold my booking option too.
Kindly enlighten me as I missed a great deal because my payment didn't go through on time
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by AdeteePRINCESS: 12:25pm On Sep 10, 2022
Pchuks99:
Book on hold and pay via transfer to their account

Kindly share how you did as I was sure I entered all my details correctly too and how do you hold a booking as I didn't see that option too and the transfer option too.
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by AdeteePRINCESS: 12:31pm On Sep 10, 2022
Also, please is a transit visa needed.
Qatar airways from lagos to london with 2 stop overs in Doha and Amsterdam

Kindly advise do I need a transit visa for Amsterdam and how long does it take if I do?

Anyone pls?

@dduchess90
@justwise..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Promoter2: 12:43pm On Sep 10, 2022
AdeteePRINCESS:
Also, please is a transit visa needed.
Qatar airways from lagos to london with 2 stop overs in Doha and Amsterdam

Kindly advise do I need a transit visa for Amsterdam and how long does it take if I do?

Anyone pls?

@dduchess90
@justwise..

Yes, at Amsterdam
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by lightofjoy(m): 12:50pm On Sep 10, 2022
Pls do I need an affidavit, Emmanuel was spelt as Emman on SSCE certificate (I was told then that WAEC only has 25 character) though correct on degree. I have never had any issue with it even the Uni has given me CAS already.
But considering this as one of the schools I applied to demanded for a proof that the same person bears the two name.
I now see and start thinking if I should do an affidavit and upload same when applying for visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by AdeteePRINCESS: 1:06pm On Sep 10, 2022
Promoter2:

Yes, at Amsterdam

Thank you even though I just want to join a connecting flight. Do you know how long it takes because I am planning to move on Tuesday

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 1:24pm On Sep 10, 2022
Hello

No-one

You will have to answer these questions yourself please

Cheers
mudimooon:
Please who can help answer these??

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 1:27pm On Sep 10, 2022
Hello

I would advise an affidavit

Besides how old is your SSCE that WAEC will have only 25characters?

Cheers
lightofjoy:
Pls do I need an affidavit, Emmanuel was spelt as Emman on SSCE certificate (I was told then that WAEC only has 25 character) though correct on degree. I have never had any issue with it even the Uni has given me CAS already.
But considering this as one of the schools I applied to demanded for a proof that the same person bears the two name.
I now see and start thinking if I should do an affidavit and upload same when applying for visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 1:30pm On Sep 10, 2022
Hello

The trip from Istanbul to Bodrum is that flight or another means?

I doubt you will need a transit visa but please confirm from the airline?

Cheers
nwaogukings03:

Thanks Duchess.

But I heard Abuja to (istanbul to Bodrum in Turkey) to london will need a transit visa. True?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ozededes: 1:56pm On Sep 10, 2022
So you keep trying, and a date will show, make sure not to pick a time with :15 eg 9:15. These are reserved for priority service, unless u chose priority.

But say u don't have time to keep trying, u can do a walk in with Ur husband, for this take a marriage cert to the TLS as proof that he is truly Ur hubby

Seneti:

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by nwaogukings03: 2:08pm On Sep 10, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

The trip from Istanbul to Bodrum is that flight or another means?

I doubt you will need a transit visa but please confirm from the airline?

Cheers

Yeah, part of the connecting flight. Istanbul to tutkey seems like a domestic flight

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (1029)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.