Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,064 members, 7,835,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1023073 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Visionare: 9:40pm On Sep 11, 2022
Leave it that way. The school will understand that its was service charge that was deducted. If they insist, buy £18 in the black market and use it to offset the difference.

Enjoy.

shawrygal:
Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this group. Am learning a lot here everyday.
Flywire invoice from the school deposit is £5518 ( £18) is their charge but when form A was initiated , it was £5500 we input.
But the authorization letter to the bank was written £5518 to be deducted.
Will CBN automatically deduct the correct amount from my account. Or we should cancel and initiate another one with the correct amount.
Please help

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Visionare: 9:45pm On Sep 11, 2022
I think you're checking the wrong email as this is a December 2021 email attached to your post.

Emmyrez:
I did not receive a confirmation email for my appointment date after booking. Any help regarding to it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Akfol(f): 9:48pm On Sep 11, 2022
Thank you.
Ozededes:
Yes you can.
Attend your TLS appointment and when u get inside for Ur appointment l, you can do it or ask for assistance from one of the tls staffs

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by omoobaijebuife: 9:56pm On Sep 11, 2022
[quote author=bamangar post=116535907]Going to Edinburg in Scotland from Abuja using Qatar Airways. The Journey is Abuja -Doha -Dublin-Edinburg. I want to ask, does one need a transit visa for this kind of journey?[/quote

No. You don't. I did to UK earlier this year.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mattmich(m): 10:00pm On Sep 11, 2022
Check out
Nottingham Trent University
Northumbria university Newcastle
Teeside university
Sheffield Hallam university
Leeds beckett University

But initial deposit is not the main factor to be considered before applying. Consider also the total cost and the flexibility.
sanniazeez19:
Hello gurus in the house. I am new to this thread. I need urgent help. I have applied to a school in UK and got admission for September but I deferred to January. Now they are saying January is already filled up. Please kindly recommend a school for me that it's initial deposit is £3-4k max and have started giving admission for January. Please help a brother.

The reason I am worried is because of form A. I want to apply as soon as possible.

Thanks house
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mattmich(m): 10:02pm On Sep 11, 2022
January application is currently on
isaco:
Hello great people, I had delay getting my ND transcript and certificate, but I have got them now. Can I still get admission into any UK university for January 2023 session.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Visionare: 10:20pm On Sep 11, 2022
I hear the GTBank is the most preferred.

Bosslady25:
Hello everyone,
I did bio 27th Aug,(dependent) still awaiting decision.MA did priority same day.
Please with the recent increase in the price of tickets is it advisable to book( buy) tickets ahead? I saw a good deal for 17th October on Quatar airlines.
People that have used Qatar, is the ticket refundable? Also which of their account is better for payment; gtbank or standard chartered? Do I need to go to their office too?
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Visionare: 10:21pm On Sep 11, 2022
Yes, so far you have not done your Biometric.

Akfol:
Kindly assist pls, for a priority visa, is it possible to apply for it after you have applied for a visa and scheduled for biometric?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Visionare: 10:31pm On Sep 11, 2022
You need a transit visa for Dublin if its not a technical layover.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by WetinUGain: 10:40pm On Sep 11, 2022
AdeteePRINCESS:
Good day guys,

Urgent Pls,

Please someone that got transit visa for Amsterdam, Germany or Switzerland should please advice
1. How can I get transit visa, I mean like the process
2. How long does it take?
3. How much does it cost too

Kindly advice pls

Why not save yourself the stress of transit visas and look for airlines or airports without transit visas, like Kenya, Turkish,Rwanda, Qatar,Egypt Air, Emirates.

Yesterday, I checked Virgin from Abuja for 23rd of September, it was not up to N900k.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by bigtt76(f): 10:47pm On Sep 11, 2022
You are paying to Flywire and not directly to the university. What you should've done is write £5518 in the Form A and authorization letter, when CBN effect the payment, Flywire will get £5518. Flywire will release to the university £5500 and keep £18 as their charge.

With what you've done now, CBN will wire £5500 and ignore the extra £18 you authorized. Flywire will get £5500 and deduct £18 from the amount to leave a balance of £5482 which is less than the £5518 you generated the invoice for and the transaction would fail.

I will suggest that you go and correct the amount on your Form A to avoid issues.

shawrygal:
Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this group. Am learning a lot here everyday.
Flywire invoice from the school deposit is £5518 ( £18) is their charge but when form A was initiated , it was £5500 we input.
But the authorization letter to the bank was written £5518 to be deducted.
Will CBN automatically deduct the correct amount from my account. Or we should cancel and initiate another one with the correct amount.
Please help

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 11:23pm On Sep 11, 2022
Hello

1. That should be fine, he can renew it when he gets to the UK
2. It may be requested so have it ready just incase but for his application he should submit his own. Yes it can be naira

3. Pictures ,chats,emails ,bills , investments, holidays etc as it applies to you randomly selected over the span of your relationship and marriage

Cheers

Didi14:
Hello @Dduchess90 and everyone. Please I have a few questions.
1.My husband will have a less than 6months validity during visa application. Will this be a problem?(he is unable to renew his passport at this time)
2. He’ll be using his account for POF. Since I’ll already be in the Uk during his application(for at least a month), do I need to add mine as well? (Because of recycled funds) ,and can it be a naira account? .
3. Is there any other document I should add apart from the usual(brp, marriage certificate) .
Thank you!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 11:28pm On Sep 11, 2022
Hello

Do you mean travelling on the 12th October?

If your school is happy to enroll you when you arrive that's should be fine

You can also ask for online log in details for the courses that will start on the 3rd October so you don't miss out on alot and attendance is noted

Cheers
Intrepidone:
Hello house,
Just seeking the learned house members experience, my school resumes on the 19th of Sept and lectures begins on the 3rd of October, I intend to travel know the 12th and planing to book a date towards that.

Note: my course gave room for late resumption till 21st October.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Didi14: 11:37pm On Sep 11, 2022
Thank you very much! This puts me at ease. Please one more thing, For Accomodation, I’ll be staying with a relative in the mean time, how do I go about that? Do I have to get a place before he applies?

Hello

1. That should be fine, he can renew it when he gets to the UK
2. It may be requested so have it ready just incase but for his application he should submit his own. Yes it can be naira

3. Pictures ,chats,emails ,bills , investments, holidays etc as it applies to you randomly selected over the span of your relationship and marriage

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by focusworld: 11:42pm On Sep 11, 2022
Please can I use Nabteb result to replace Waec cos I used Nabteb when I got admitted to Funaab. So can I use Nabteb as my O’level certificate while applying for schools in UK ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by viqueta136: 11:44pm On Sep 11, 2022
I responded to your email request
Apostlelong:

Good afternoon boss. Please I really need to talk to you about this can you please help with your email or contact

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ihienna1018: 11:44pm On Sep 11, 2022
We also didn't get a BRP letter oooooo .. Sent email and they said 15 working days
SpencerX:
I need advise!!!

My UK Visa did not come with my BRP letter, i have checked and refreshed my gmail and spam mail, no sign of BRP.

What can i do at this point, can one still make it to the UK with only Visa and no BRP?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ihienna1018: 11:46pm On Sep 11, 2022
Please who else had that experience of not getting BRP letter with visa and how did u sought it out and how long did it take
Ihienna1018:
We also didn't get a BRP letter oooooo .. Sent email and they said 15 working days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by CheedyJ(m): 12:43am On Sep 12, 2022
EngrVin:
Lol... Why now.

MA social works tuition fees is yet to be updated. My other choice is now 12k

Greetings Sir, please,I'm planning on applying for a postgraduate program for the same course. I don't know if there's any way you could put me through especially in the area of personal statement or statement of purpose.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by okpafe: 5:11am On Sep 12, 2022
This is to those who collected their passport/Visa without BRP introduction letter. Someone had similar situation, family of three and got it via mail. Email your details to SheffieldStudentTeamAmendments@homeoffice.gov.uk and request it will be sent. Thanks to the guy who gave the address� after paid calls and mails to UKVI got no solution. ##copied.

Ihienna1018:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by okpafe: 5:13am On Sep 12, 2022
Send a mail to: SheffieldStudentTeamAmendments@homeoffice.gov.uk

okpafe:
This is to those who collected their passport/Visa without BRP introduction letter. Someone had similar situation, family of three and got it via mail. Email your details to SheffieldStudentTeamAmendments@homeoffice.gov.uk and request it will be sent. Thanks to the guy who gave the address� after paid calls and mails to UKVI got no solution. ##copied.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by mudimooon: 5:32am On Sep 12, 2022
I got a conditional admission from Teesside University,I used form A to pay the initial deposit. Since July 20th,It hasn't reflected on my dashboard that the school has seen the payment and my deadline was sept 9th. What can I do ?? Pls help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by nairaandaed: 5:39am On Sep 12, 2022
focusworld:
Please can I use Nabteb result to replace Waec cos I used Nabteb when I got admitted to Funaab. So can I use Nabteb as my O’level certificate while applying for schools in UK ?

Nabteb is not accepted
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by manforgu: 5:47am On Sep 12, 2022
Hello my people,are schools still admitting for post graduate programs now?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by shawrygal(f): 5:49am On Sep 12, 2022
bigtt76:
You are paying to Flywire and not directly to the university. What you should've done is write £5518 in the Form A and authorization letter, when CBN effect the payment, Flywire will get £5518. Flywire will release to the university £5500 and keep £18 as their charge.

With what you've done now, CBN will wire £5500 and ignore the extra £18 you authorized. Flywire will get £5500 and deduct £18 from the amount to leave a balance of £5482 which is less than the £5518 you generated the invoice for and the transaction would fail.

I will suggest that you go and correct the amount on your Form A to avoid issues.

Thanks for the advice, can form A be edited

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kennyliga112: 5:58am On Sep 12, 2022
mudimooon:
I got a conditional admission from Teesside University,I used form A to pay the initial deposit. Since July 20th,It hasn't reflected on my dashboard that the school has seen the payment and my deadline was sept 9th. What can I do ?? Pls help
which bank
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by chukgol: 6:12am On Sep 12, 2022
Excelxpress:
Happy Sunday from here boss

Abeg check your inbox

replied
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by annexes: 6:33am On Sep 12, 2022
Hello ya'll, good morning.
I did biometrics on the 4th of September (priority) but my application hasn't moved from DMC since the 6th. I got an empty NSF on the 7th and I haven't gotten any mail since then. Please what do you suggest I do at this stage? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by habhidhemhii: 6:43am On Sep 12, 2022
annexes:
Hello ya'll, good morning.
I did biometrics on the 4th of September (priority) but my application hasn't moved from DMC since the 6th. I got an empty NSF on the 7th and I haven't gotten any mail since then. Please what do you suggest I do at this stage? Thanks
Hi!

Sorry, you did your biometrics on Sept 4th? On a Sunday?

I'll assume you meant September 6th. If yes, you're still within the five working days timeline. Today makes it your 5th day and with an NSF, decision might not be as swift.

You can make a paid call to be sure of your application status.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Maybs(f): 6:56am On Sep 12, 2022
habhidhemhii:
Hi!

I'll assume you meant September 6th. If yes, you're still within the five working days timeline. Today makes it your 5th day and with an NSF, decision might not be as swift.

People do biometrics on Sundays - however it starts counting from working days I suppose.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by habhidhemhii: 7:18am On Sep 12, 2022
Maybs:

People do biometrics on Sundays - however it starts counting from working days I suppose.
Wow, never knew. I only know of Saturdays.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by annexes: 7:19am On Sep 12, 2022
habhidhemhii:
Hi!

I'll assume you meant September 6th. If yes, you're still within the five working days timeline. Today makes it your 5th day and with an NSF, the decision might not be as swift.

It was on a Sunday, alright... Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (1029)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.