Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,320 members, 7,811,947 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (411) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (996895 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by onyiokoye: 9:43am On Oct 21, 2022
Sorry, I didn’t mean you’ve been misleading people in general. It was specifically for the affidavit one and the bank statement. You’ve also helped me with information regarding second masters and academic progression. I actually got an email from University if Exeter telling me that it doesn’t apply to me if I’m applying from outside the UK.

The person in question has five names on their passport and three names on other documents, clearly, an affidavit is needed.

Like I have said, my cousin was sponsored by an uncle of ours and I helped her get her documents together and I also accompanied her and our uncle to the court to get the letter he wrote stamped and sealed before uploading it.

I applied for my second visa inside the UK and I still uploaded my affidavit even though I was already in the UK. It’s always better to provide more information than less.

I didn’t mean to be harsh.
dduchess90:
Hello

Please be guided, I take offence at the bolded

I think I will stop responding to you going forward

Edited: I think the information I posted earlier is too revealing, it's better to work behind the scene

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by onyiokoye: 9:44am On Oct 21, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

Tbh, this is a faceless public forum

Anyone can give stories, what I hope the OPs that asks the question do is to ensure this is backed by a UKVI policy document or history of repeated request/experience ( for e.g study gap)

If any advice is given without relevant evidence or government document then I will take it with a pinch of salt

That include advice from me, justwise, mimilyrics, giselle237 etc

Anyone can claim I was there, I signed the document I did this or that

The policy is your backup and that is what any government body works with(some of us are privileged to know and work)

If anything goes wrong you can fight with the policy not that XYZ said her cousins used etc

I hope people know and apply wisdom accordingly

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by onyiokoye: 9:46am On Oct 21, 2022
Cheers!
dduchess90:
Hello

Tbh, this is a faceless public forum

Anyone can give stories, what I hope the OPs that asks the question do is to ensure this is backed by a UKVI policy document or history of repeated request/experience ( for e.g study gap)

If any advice is given without relevant evidence or government document then I will take it with a pinch of salt

That include advice from me, justwise, mimilyrics, giselle237 etc

Anyone can claim I was there, I signed the document I did this or that

The policy is your backup and that is what any government body works with(some of us are privileged to know and work)

If anything goes wrong you can fight with the policy not that XYZ said her cousins used etc

I hope people know and apply wisdom accordingly

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Cardoza(m): 9:49am On Oct 21, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

What do you mean by defaced?

Do you have a clear colored copy? Soft or hard?

Cheers

Sometime in 2005, after I got the certificate I went to laminate it but someone adviced I keep it that way as Embassies don't accept laminated documents.

So I kept it that way but started noticing that the passport photograph started fading and some of the subjects also faded then I visited WAEC office in the state were I reside and I was told that those who sat for the exams in 2004 and another year like that had such issues and I cannot apply for a new one.

But they advised I go back to the state where I sat for the exam to lay my complaints which I was considering before the information I received yesterday about the new way of getting an online copy of your certificate.

I appreciate the responses received on this matter honestly I'm grateful.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kennyliga112: 9:54am On Oct 21, 2022
KingCassy:

The issue is we’ve not gotten anyone in the family that uses UBA and access
Thats the issue,if not you have to opt for Black market..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 9:54am On Oct 21, 2022
Hello

Happy there is a solution that @Mizvelvet provided

Good to see WAEC now has that sort of platform, hopefully Uni's can do same so transcripts and certificate issues can be sorted.

Cheers
Cardoza:

Sometime in 2005, after I got the certificate I went to laminate it but someone adviced I keep it that way as Embassies don't accept laminated documents.

So I kept it that way but started noticing that the passport photograph started fading and some of the subjects also faded then I visited WAEC office in the state were I reside and I was told that those who sat for the exams in 2004 and another year like that had such issues and I cannot apply for a new one.

But they advised I go back to the state where I sat for the exam to lay my complaints which I was considering before the information I received yesterday about the new way of getting an online copy of your certificate.

I appreciate the responses received on this matter honestly I'm grateful.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by onyiokoye: 9:56am On Oct 21, 2022
OMG I schooled in The UK for goodness sake. I was helping my cousin out because I’ve done it TWICE. Gosh. I schooled in The UK TWICE oga. Is it a crime to help my cousin out with her documents? Do you want me to post the letter our uncle wrote for her here before you believe I’m a lawyer and I accompanied her to court. Jeez! Can you imagine! Talking about how far people can go with their claims! What claims!! The fact that I schooled in the UK TWICE or that I’m a LAWYER or that I ACCOMPANIED MY COUSIN TO COURT or that MY UNCLE USED HIS BANK STATEMENT AND WROTE A LETTER SUPPORTING IT ON BEHALF OF MY COUSIN or that MY COUSIN LEFT FOR THE UK LAST MONTH? Which is the claim!!

Pls do as you like!
advanceDNA:

Lol....this is not an issue about being close to family members.......i was only wondering if you were told by the people that claimed to travel to the uk with letter from uncle..mayb you were not really aware of what they did

..but now that you said you were there and even did it together with the applicant( ypur cousin) that travelled to the uk....i now get you..
..i was only trying to see how far people can go to back up their claims..... thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by advanceDNA: 9:58am On Oct 21, 2022
onyiokoye:

OMG I schooled in The UK for goodness sake. I was helping my cousin out because I’ve done it TWICE. Gosh. Do you want me to post the letter our uncle wrote for her here before you believe I’m a lawyer and I accompanied her to court. Jeez!

Pls do as you like.

Mayb u should post the letter in case people want do same cool

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 10:01am On Oct 21, 2022
Hello

Missed this earlier

Each dependant will have their own TB certificate and will need to also submit that during their application

Cheers
Toksjb:

Do you mean that the visa officer will not request for another Tb certificate that bears the number of dependants?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by onyiokoye: 10:01am On Oct 21, 2022
If the person supporting you doesn’t know how to write a letter and you can’t help them write one then I guess it’s your loss. There are so many templates of formal letter online. Google it. Don’t be lazy. That was how someone was asking for the contact of a school they applied to meanwhile the information is on the school’s website.

I should post a notarised confidential letter with details of my uncle, my cousin, the school etc just because someone on nairaland says so or so that someone on nairaland can believe me LOL keep waiting.
advanceDNA:

Mayb u should post the letter in case people want do same cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Cardoza(m): 10:08am On Oct 21, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

Happy there is a solution that @Mizvelvet provided

Good to see WAEC now has that sort of platform, hopefully Uni's can do same so transcripts and certificate issues can be sorted.

Cheers

Yes, it's a good development and from what I read on that platform, institutions can also apply to verify WEAC certificates from their website.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by advanceDNA: 10:11am On Oct 21, 2022
onyiokoye:
If the person supporting you doesn’t know how to write a letter and you can’t help them write one then I guess it’s your loss. There are so many templates of formal letter online. Google it. Don’t be lazy. That was how someone was asking for the contact of a school they applied to meanwhile the information is on the school’s website.

I should post a notarised confidential letter with details of my uncle, my cousin, the school etc just because someone on nairaland says so or so that someone on nairaland can believe me LOL keep waiting.

grin U are the one that wanted to post it, perhaps u want to prove something...i just wanted u to help others grin

People post letters all the time and paint the confidential info in it....not really a big deal
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by KingCassy(m): 10:11am On Oct 21, 2022
Kennyliga112:
Thats the issue,if not you have to opt for Black market..

850* 6000…. That’s a whole lot… Omoo I can’t deal��
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by onyiokoye: 10:12am On Oct 21, 2022
Well, I won't do that sorry. I never wanted to post any letter. You asked me to post it and I declined. I won't go through the stress of censoring parts of the letter so that you can believe. I'm okay with you not believing me. Cheers!
advanceDNA:

grin U are the one that wanted to post it, perhaps u want to prove something...i just wanted u to help others grin

People post letters all the time and paint the confidential info in it....not really a big deal
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by advanceDNA: 10:16am On Oct 21, 2022
onyiokoye:
Well, I won't do that sorry. I never wanted to post any letter. You asked me to post it and I declined.

Oh okay...if you say so..my bad...i thought u were the that said u cant post it to prove something...
Anyway...so apart from uncle...can god fathers, aunty, grandfather, grandmother also sponsor with letter??

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kennyliga112: 10:20am On Oct 21, 2022
KingCassy:

850* 6000…. That’s a whole lot… Omoo I can’t deal��
Find Someone who has d same surname with yours..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by onyiokoye: 10:21am On Oct 21, 2022
Yes, I was the one that said I will NOT post a confidential letter to prove anything to you. And Yes, even your family friends and great grand parents and your kinsmen as well as your community chief plus the elders in your village can give you their bank statement smiley
advanceDNA:

Oh okay...if you say so..my bad...i thought u were the that said u cant post it to prove something...
Anyway...so apart from uncle...can god fathers, aunty, grandfather, grandmother also sponsor with letter??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Soroxy: 10:28am On Oct 21, 2022
I really do appreciate everyone's input on this page. Please, I need answers urgently. I want to apply for admission with my passport which will expire in January. Though, I have already applied for renewal which will be available by End of November or 1st week of December.

My question is this, can I apply with my passport which is about to expire and then use the new one during the Visa application process? Please I need answers. Thanks everyone.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Promoter2: 10:31am On Oct 21, 2022
Soroxy:
I really do appreciate everyone's input on this page. Please, I need answers urgently. I want to apply for admission with my passport which will expire in January. Though, I have already applied for renewal which will be available by End of November or 1st week of December.

My question is this, can I apply with my passport which is about to expire and then use the new one during the Visa application process? Please I need answers. Thanks everyone.

Yes you can.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Sumboobisesan: 10:31am On Oct 21, 2022
O'Level Certificate is not part of documents submitted?

Emaaaaaaa:
Thank you my ever faithful God �‍♀️�‍♀️�

Family of 3.

Unconditional offer- 29th of July,2022

Passed PCI: 20th of September, 2022

POF- Globus (New Account)

CAS shield submitted -28th of September.

TB- Qlife

CAS shield requested for attestation letter for DOB and mail replied same day

CAS drop- 29th of September,2022

Study gap: 15years

Visa application: 6th of October

Bio ‐ 11th October, 2022

Visa Granted-19th of October, 2022

1 NSF: 15th of October (Asking for Reference & Employment letter). I replied same day via Email

Date of entry on my Visa: 23rd of December, 2022

Collection mail for family of three: 19th of October, 2022

Standard Visa
VI center

Documents submitted:

Husband:
Passport Biopage
CAS
Certificate & Transcript (basically what is stated on the CAS as evidence to get admission)
CV
Letter of Intro
/Ref from employer(s)
Marriage Cert
Birth Cert
TB Test
POF

Wife -

Passport Biopage
Marriage Cert & Newspaper Clipping
Affidavit of Name Change (marriage)
POF
Consent to use POF (If POF is in hubby’s name)
Picture story with timelines (optional)
Birth Certificate
TB Test

Child:

Passport Biopage
Birth Certificate
Parental Consent
POF
POF consent
TB Test

You shall all testify in Jesus name �. Success in all we do IJN. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by onyiokoye: 10:34am On Oct 21, 2022
Yes, you can. But you will send the new one to your school to update it on your CAS.
Soroxy:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Lilibeth914(f): 11:01am On Oct 21, 2022
Great
diamondkutt:
Yes very successful

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Cashmadam: 11:02am On Oct 21, 2022
toolluu:
Advice needed please.
I recently got offers from Hull (11k), Greenwich (15k) and Middlesex (15k) for January. A relative in London has offered to accommodate me for the duration of my program. Greenwich and Middlesex both in London require 9k and 8k respectively before issuance of CAS while Hull requires 4k. Is it possible to live in London and school in Hull ?

Not possible. Hull is very far from London.

If you are sure of your cousin's offer for accomodation, I advise you go with a school near the accomodation.

In terms of reputation and quality of education, Hull is better than Middlesex and Greenwich - my personal opinion.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ifymm: 11:04am On Oct 21, 2022
Goodmorning all,
Please for business that started since 2013 and got registered in 2020.
Pls what do I submit for study gaps.10yrs gap.
Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Efep: 11:09am On Oct 21, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

Upload your NECO results in the space for WAEC

Cheers
so you mean I can put weac qualifications..and then upload my neco grades there..since there's nothing like neco qualifications there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Toksjb(m): 11:14am On Oct 21, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

Missed this earlier

Each dependant will have their own TB certificate and will need to also submit that during their application

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Toksjb(m): 11:15am On Oct 21, 2022
[quote author=Toksjb post=117748864][/quote]

Thanks for this, I really appreciate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by everyevery: 11:28am On Oct 21, 2022
Anyone attendIng Middlesex come JANUARY here[b][/b]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by everyevery: 11:37am On Oct 21, 2022
Can form A still fly for January, which bank would do?[b][/b]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 11:48am On Oct 21, 2022
Hello

Can you screenshot what you are looking at and the drop down options available

Redact any personal information please

Cheers
Efep:
so you mean I can put weac qualifications..and then upload my neco grades there..since there's nothing like neco qualifications there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 11:50am On Oct 21, 2022
Hello

Same business if that's what you have been doing since 2013

Submit the 2020 registration documents as it is

You may include a cover letter to explain the difference and why it got registered late but that's your decision and completely optional

Cheers
ifymm:
Goodmorning all,
Please for business that started since 2013 and got registered in 2020.
Pls what do I submit for study gaps.10yrs gap.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Cardoza(m): 11:50am On Oct 21, 2022
everyevery:
Anyone attendIng Middlesex come JANUARY here[b][/b]

I'm up for September next year. Had to defer till then

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (1029)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.