Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (534) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (996807 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Balina: 8:09am On Nov 26, 2022
jorez:
Is the date of visa application
Thanks!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Balina: 8:10am On Nov 26, 2022
Blurpy:
The latter
Serious? like the Oanda rate on the day the ECO decides to review my application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Balina: 8:12am On Nov 26, 2022
jorez:
Is the date of visa application that is used
Okay, thanks for the clarification
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Fikayomi2(m): 8:12am On Nov 26, 2022
Thanks once a again.
The school said they will apply the 4k towards the next year fee and I will be staying with a family friend
dduchess90:
Hello

What is the £4k for then?

You can't just pay an amount without a description to your Uni

I will assume it is for your accommodation,if so they should update your CAS and show you have paid some amount for your accommodation

That will cover the difference exchange has made like I said earlier

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 8:12am On Nov 26, 2022
Hello

I think @Gloriyah was helping you earlier...

You can either pay for walk-in at TLS venue or go back to your application, add Flexi to your cart and pay

2. Have you checked your junk/spam section in your email? As long as you can see your booking on TLS that should be fine

They usually send reminders too for your appointment

Cheers
pbandious:
Please how can I book walk in with MA that has gotten date for 29th November. dependent date is 2nd of December. Both are self service and general booking. Any thing to be done please.

No email received till now for both booking and priority service paid for. I am confused
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 8:15am On Nov 26, 2022
Hello

At that point it won't count then, and they won't reflect that in your CAS

You have 3 options

1. Ask the school to move that towards accommodation and stay on campus for a few months so it covers the gap

2. Pay for a few months on accommodation in Uni, even if it is 1month so it balances out

3. Do nothing and hope the ECO doesn't pick on that (A big risk to take and I personally wouldn't advise it)

Point based system is so easy to regulate (Spotting a POF that doesn't meet the criteria is easy)

Cheers
Fikayomi2:
Thanks once a again.
The school said they will apply the 4k towards the next year fee and I will be staying with a family friend
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 26, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

I have a few comments to make on this particular post but I'll skip it for now

Where did you raise your question as I personally can't seem to find it

Can you repost it?

Cheers

Thanks
My husband got an empty passport with no vignette on it yesterday as my dependant, and we did not get any email for rejection or approval prior to when he got collection mail. So one person advised I make a paid call but all they did was collect his details no concrete answer maybe the visa was denied or not. At least we suppose to know maybe they denied him and on what ground he was denied dependant visa so that we will know how to tackle it maybe to do administrative review or reapply. Or maybe the lack of vignette on the passport was a mistake on thier part. Just want to know what to do next
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Coolcube: 8:17am On Nov 26, 2022
Oanda rate is rising. Applicants are to be careful when calculating.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Benwems(m): 8:17am On Nov 26, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

There will be IHS payment for the number of years their post study visa( or graduate visa) will be issued

Cheers

What’s the cost of IHS payment?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 8:18am On Nov 26, 2022
Hello

If you do not fault the conditions of your study visa you may qualify for PSW upon successful completion of your studies

That is another application, visa fee and IHS payment

Cheers
Drxxzy:
Just went through my BRP and saw this “This letter explains that when you arrive in the UK you will have permission to be in the UK (known as Leave to Enter) as STUDENT from 23 Dec 2022 to 16 Jun 2024“ Pls what does this mean? What about my 2 years PSW?? Abi dem no dey give top up?? Cc dduchess90
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 8:21am On Nov 26, 2022
Hello

IHS for PSW is £624 per year (multiply that with the number of years you will be given 2years for master and 3years for PhD)

They will always check the condition of your study visa( in particular 20hours per week condition) before granting this.

Can I ask are you applying for PSW?

Do not confuse yourself with the numerous information on this thread, take one step at a time

Cheers

Benwems:

What’s the cost of IHS payment?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 8:27am On Nov 26, 2022
Hello

It simply could be an error

I am happy with the advice to make a paid call

Can I add that you check this link and send an email to Sheffield (look at the screenshot I highlighted in yellow)

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/correcting-an-incorrect-endorsement-ecb19/correcting-an-incorrect-endorsement-ecb19

They have requested for a copy of the visa vigenette but say it was not included at all( you can add the biodata page and blank pages of the passport)

They will pick it up and act on it.

Be patient and update us if either UKVI contact centre or Sheffield responds

Cheers
Jacobesther123:

Thanks
My husband got an empty passport with no vignette on it yesterday as my dependant, and we did not get any email for rejection or approval prior to when he got collection mail. So one person advised I make a paid call but all they did was collect his details no concrete answer maybe the visa was denied or not. At least we suppose to know maybe they denied him and on what ground he was denied dependant visa so that we will know how to tackle it maybe to do administrative review or reapply. Or maybe the lack of vignette on the passport was a mistake on thier part. Just want to know what to do next

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Fikayomi2(m): 8:28am On Nov 26, 2022
Oh thanks again I will work on it
dduchess90:
Hello

At that point it won't count then, and they won't reflect that in your CAS

You have 3 options

1. Ask the school to move that towards accommodation and stay on campus for a few months so it covers the gap

2. Pay for a few months on accommodation in Uni, even if it is 1month so it balances out

3. Do nothing and hope the ECO doesn't pick on that (A big risk to take and I personally wouldn't advise it)

Point based system is so easy to regulate (Spotting a POF that doesn't meet the criteria is easy)

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by pbandious: 8:29am On Nov 26, 2022
Thanks dduchess90

Gloriyah responded to my message. I hope to receive any reminder from them. Every sections of emails has been checked but there was nothing there.

How much is the walk-in please?

dduchess90:
Hello

I think @Gloriyah was helping you earlier...

You can either pay for walk-in at TLS venue or go back to your application, add Flexi to your cart and pay

2. Have you checked your junk/spam section in your email? As long as you can see your booking on TLS that should be fine

They usually send reminders too for your appointment

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 26, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

It simply could be an error

I am happy with the advice to make a paid call

Can I add that you check this link and send an email to Sheffield (look at the screenshot I highlighted in yellow)

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/correcting-an-incorrect-endorsement-ecb19/correcting-an-incorrect-endorsement-ecb19

They have requested for a copy of the visa vigenette but say it was not included at all( you can add the biodata page and blank pages of the passport)

They will pick it up and act on it.

Be patient and update us if either UKVI contact centre or Sheffield responds

Cheers

Thanks so much God bless you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Tiwas: 8:44am On Nov 26, 2022
luvlyoracle:

Sorry i meant house hold items.

i have generator, ceiling fa, ox fan washing machine and cushion set of chairs to sell at Ibadan ojoo area
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Benwems(m): 8:45am On Nov 26, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

IHS for PSW is £624 per year (multiply that with the number of years you will be given 2years for master and 3years for PhD)

They will always check the condition of your study visa( in particular 20hours per week condition) before granting this.

Can I ask are you applying for PSW?

Do not confuse yourself with the numerous information on this thread, take one step at a time

Cheers

Thank you for your time and help. If PSW means post study work, Yes I would.

And it's a one year master program. Would I pay the full two years straight up or per year?

Warm regards.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Shanid(m): 9:06am On Nov 26, 2022
PLEASE, IF SWITCHED FROM A STUDENT VISA TO WORK VISA WHILE STILL IN SCHOOL, I NEED YOUR HELP....ITS URGENT PLEASE.

SOMEONE SAID IT HAS TO BE 3 MONTHS TOWARDS THE END OF MY PROGRAMME.

DO I NEED TO GET ANY DOCUMENT FROM MY SCHOOL?

IS IT POSSIBLE TO COMBINE SCHOOLING AND WORKING FULL TIME ?

LOTS OF QUEDTIONS PLS HELP
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 9:08am On Nov 26, 2022
Hello

2years

Cheers
Benwems:

And it's a one year master program. Would I pay the full two years straight up or per year?

Warm regards.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 9:11am On Nov 26, 2022
Hello

Switching can be done at anytime but the guidance documents specifies 6months to the end of programme

2. Yes, student status letter showing you only have the stipulated time left, some will include a statement of when your award will be issued and that you have no pending exams to resit

3. Yes,but you most likely might need to study part time. I will advise you make the switch first otherwise with part time study visa you can't work.

It also depends on what stage you are in your study and how supportive your course director/Uni is

Cheers
Shanid:
PLEASE, IF SWITCHED FROM A STUDENT VISA TO WORK VISA WHILE STILL IN SCHOOL, I NEED YOUR HELP....ITS URGENT PLEASE.

SOMEONE SAID IT HAS TO BE 3 MONTHS TOWARDS THE END OF MY PROGRAMME.

DO I NEED TO GET ANY DOCUMENT FROM MY SCHOOL?

IS IT POSSIBLE TO COMBINE SCHOOLING AND WORKING FULL TIME ?

LOTS OF QUEDTIONS PLS HELP
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 9:20am On Nov 26, 2022
Benwems:

Sorry, I didn't get the link

Go back to the first message.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Shanid(m): 9:34am On Nov 26, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

Switching can be done at anytime but the guidance documents specifies 6months to the end of programme

2. Yes, student status letter showing you only have the stipulated time left, some will include a statement of when your award will be issued and that you have no pending exams to resit

3. Yes,but you most likely might need to study part time. I will advise you make the switch first otherwise with part time study visa you can't work.

It also depends on what stage you are in your study and how supportive your course director/Uni is

Cheers
Thank you so much for the response ,I actually got a job ready to sponsor me, my program will end next year September ...does it mean I can't apply now ?
Do I need to wait ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 26, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

Cheers

Dear Sir or madam,

Thank you for your enquiry, however, this is not the right department to assist you. This department deals solely with enquiries for applicants that are already in the UK requiring corrections to their visas. We are unable to deal with issues regarding the start date of your visa or amendments to vignettes, we are also unable to assist with IDV/E-Visas applications.

If you have not yet travelled to the UK then you must contact your visa application centre that you originally applied at.

Queries such as this must be directed through the correct channels to ensure they are responded to accurately by the relevant department or person and you should contact UKVI using the link to our contact details below.

Full details of how to contact UKVI by phone or e-mail, from both inside and outside the UK, can be found at https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

If you are calling from outside the UK and wish to speak to an advisor in English about your application you can call 00 44 203 481 1736. This line is open Monday to Friday 24 hours. If you wish to speak to an advisor in another language, please follow the link provided for further details. An email service is also available.

Please be aware that email and call charges apply on top of your standard network charges, and details can be seen when following the link provided, https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

Kind Regards,

Thanks so much @Dduchess90.
That's the reply I got from them which leads me back to their paid mail/paid call when I clicked on the link attached to the mail. Please can I make a fresh paid mail again asking them to send the decision letter to know their decision since the passport is already with my husband.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 9:38am On Nov 26, 2022
ladebass:
Thanks for the reply pls can i add to my tuition fee with my dollar card here in Nigeria and how long does it take to reflect in the school

Do you mean pay your tuition fee with your dollar card?.. if yes, yes you can.
Your uni should have a tuition fee payment link.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 9:43am On Nov 26, 2022
Benwems:

Warm regards.

I’m guessing you’re applying for masters at the moment, focus on that for now and don’t confuse yourself.

In my first response to your message, I sent an IHS calculator so you know how much you’re to pay when making your visa application as IHS fee varies with the duration of one’s course.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 9:49am On Nov 26, 2022
Shanid:

Thank you so much for the response ,I actually got a job ready to sponsor me, my program will end next year September ...does it mean I can't apply now ?
Do I need to wait ?

You can’t apply now as you still have more than 6months left to the end of your course.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 9:52am On Nov 26, 2022
pbandious:
Thanks dduchess90

Gloriyah responded to my message. I hope to receive any reminder from them. Every sections of emails has been checked but there was nothing there.

How much is the walk-in please?

Walk in is 44k and you can pay at Tls center. I would advise you contact TLS on Monday if you’re yet to receive the payment confirmation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Benwems(m): 9:54am On Nov 26, 2022
Gloriyah:

I’m guessing you’re applying for masters at the moment, focus on that for now and don’t confuse yourself.

In my first response to your message, I sent an IHS calculator so you know how much you’re to pay when making your visa application as IHS fee varies with the duration of one’s course.

Okay. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Greathand01: 9:56am On Nov 26, 2022
Please do I need to add my living expenses to that of my dependant in calculating his/her POF,I am in the UK already for 2months now.
Or my dependant POF will just be his/her living expenses only
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by pbandious: 10:04am On Nov 26, 2022
Thanks. Can I get any link or email address to contact TLS.

Do I need to amend my application as dependent and pick flex or maintain individual date while only pay for the walk-in there.

Thanks for your time and clarification

Gloriyah:

Walk in is 44k and you can pay at Tls center. I would advise you contact TLS on Monday if you’re yet to receive the payment confirmation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Benwems(m): 10:06am On Nov 26, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

2years

Cheers

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 10:06am On Nov 26, 2022
Greathand01:
Please do I need to add my living expenses to that of my dependant in calculating his/her POF,I am in the UK already for 2months now.
Or my dependant POF will just be his/her living expenses only

Not necessary, but they ECO might ask for your bank statement to be sure you’re not recycling funds.

If you’ve paid for accommodation, tuition fee and other stuffs, you can also submit the invoices if asked.

(1) (2) (3) ... (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) ... (1029)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.