Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,220 members, 7,836,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (686) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1023422 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Davudu: 12:14am On Jan 07, 2023
Please is it worded differently for student visa @dduchess90?

[I quote author=dduchess90 post=119778182]Hello

Please reply the same mail and say the visa catergory is incorrect, don't forget to include your GWF no for them to reconfirm

Cheers [/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 1:24am On Jan 07, 2023
My TB test expired today and my flight was rescheduled to the 21st.

I have my visa.

So do I need to redo the medicals?

Will it be an issue at POE?!

Please advice me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Annonymous2: 1:27am On Jan 07, 2023
EMEKA1MILLION:

I have my visa.

Please advice me
No
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by MelaninGemstone(f): 1:30am On Jan 07, 2023
Guys, please can I switch schools ?

I got my visa through university of derby

I am currently in the UK, my school starts in 2 weeks time

Coincidentally and fortunately, another school I applied to just gave me an offer and it’s 5K pounds cheaper than Derby and the course is better than what I’m studying in Derby

I want to switch asap. Please what is the process? Help me guys

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jidjoks: 1:58am On Jan 07, 2023
Ponmsi:
VISA ALERT

Bio 21st Dec - Priority for MA and Standard for 3-Dependants
NSF Mail without asking for anything - 22nd Dec
Paid Mail to UKVI - 3 Jan
DMC APPROVAL for all 4 of us - 4th Jan
Dispatched through DHL - 4th Jan
Passports Received with Vignettes - 5th Jan(Today)
Congratulations
No BRP Mail Yet
No Letter accompanied the Visas
We await the BRP mail

Glory to God!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by CEZEJUST: 2:16am On Jan 07, 2023
adigun27:
Pleasw friend I need school that are not expensive for Msc data science or related course in computer science that take may intakes or close by I don't want September intake

Better apply for both. Because you never can tell.
You may end up January 2024 or even September 2024.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by CEZEJUST: 2:36am On Jan 07, 2023
EMEKA1MILLION:

I have my visa.

Please advice me

Please which airline is that?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by CEZEJUST: 2:41am On Jan 07, 2023
MelaninGemstone:

Coincidentally and fortunately, another school I applied to just gave me an offer and it’s 5K pounds cheaper than Derby and the course is better than what I’m studying in Derby

Omo the margin is high oh. Contact the new school explain to them you have already entered UK with another school CAS because of their delay.

If there is no way you take it as fate.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by princeabisoye: 2:45am On Jan 07, 2023
Any male student going to the University of Hull for January 2023.

Lets meet to discussed how we can rent a shared apartment.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by babyfaceafrica: 5:00am On Jan 07, 2023
ghettonews:
Pls do u think a 24yrs old will get visa for bsc

Even a 40 year old will get admission for bsc if they meet the requirements

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Olufe111: 5:26am On Jan 07, 2023
EMEKA1MILLION:

I have my visa.

Please advice me

TB test certificate was among the documents requested at POE during my time (2018). I don’t know if it’s still a requirement at POE. If you can do a new TB test. You’ve come a long way for something less than 100k to start giving you issues at POE.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by giselle237: 5:33am On Jan 07, 2023
EMEKA1MILLION:
I have my visa. So do I need to redo the medicals?
dnt even try redoing it. Do not bother.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Olufe111: 5:38am On Jan 07, 2023
MelaninGemstone:

It’s going to be a bit complicated.

First check the refund policy for Derby. Once you withdraw from offer with Derby, your sponsorship would be withdrawn and so your visa. You will need a new CAS and a new application with home office. Check the processing time first before you progress.

A piece of advice, asides professional courses like medical related or law related. I do not think courses at undergraduate or postgraduate has much impact of your chosen career. I had distinction in my MBA and the only added advantage it has given me is securing interviews. There are professional certifications and trainings you can undertake if you want to switch careers. Securing a job is dependent on your CV, how you can defend it and how you sell yourself to the Hiring manager.

Have a good grade in whatever courses you undertake and it would increase you chances of getting interview and it’s good on CV.

Just my own opinion and what’s I’ve seen over the years here.

I stand to be corrected though.

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by RDMS: 5:44am On Jan 07, 2023
My dependants received collection mail for over 48hrs and passports on transit with courier. No email has been received till now concerning decision outcome.
How much longer do I wait before requesting BRP mail if outcome is approval?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ExpressBoy: 6:16am On Jan 07, 2023
Chief did you later settled for university of Greenwich??
Vesman:
House Please family of 5. Any idea of cheaper airline?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Vesman: 6:24am On Jan 07, 2023
Yes. London campus. Any idea of cheaper airline? Please help oo

ExpressBoy:
Chief did you later settled for university of Greenwich??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by muskypaulson(m): 6:34am On Jan 07, 2023
Good day everyone

Pls i i need to know if someone have my kind of experience because i feel i have messed up

I applied for dependant visa on the 15 of november
My bio was on the 17th of novrmber and that of the main applicant was on the 16 of novrmber

On the day of my biometrics, i was asked my name which i answered, but when i was asked my date of birth by the staff in charge, i now asked if i should answer with the format it is on my passport, unfortunately the staff stayed mute and the next thing i was snapped and my biometrics taken.

On the 24 of november, the main applicant was asked to forward additional document while i was sent an empty NSF mail on the 25th of november.

The main applicant has since gotten her visa since december 5 while i am yet to receive anything further regarding my own..i however sent a paid mail on the 21st of december and i was told a decision hasn't be made...

I am kind of scared that it is because i didnt answer the question regarding my date of birth that has caused this, i am also scared i may be refused or banned.

Does anyone else have this expirience, plus i need advise on what to do

Thanks everyone
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 6:37am On Jan 07, 2023
Hello

Your question is unclear

If you have paid your fees and accommodation and have the evidence why are you asking if you should remove that from your POF? How did it get paid in the first place if this question is asked?

Remember POF is for your use in the UK, anything else is deceit

Cheers
kymkym:
Good evening my people

Please i need the right info

I'm about to start my 2 dependents visa (my wife and child)

To be on i saver side, i want to submit my own POF together with their own

I will submit proof of school accommodation for £1325.71 plus £700

Can i remove the above payment from my own POF?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 6:38am On Jan 07, 2023
Hello

I won't expect visit visa to be there.

That's the query

Cheers
Davudu:
Please is it worded differently for student visa @dduchess90?

[I quote author=dduchess90 post=119778182]Hello

Please reply the same mail and say the visa catergory is incorrect, don't forget to include your GWF no for them to reconfirm

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ExpressBoy: 6:43am On Jan 07, 2023
How did you go about it cause my Wiffy was asked to pay additional £6050 to the initial deposit before they could issue CAS so had to withdraw..Also did you submitted POF for only you or for the whole family to the Sch?And for Airline why not Check EgyptAirline seems abit cheaper for the family.

Vesman:
Yes. London campus. Any idea of cheaper airline? Please help oo

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 6:49am On Jan 07, 2023
Hello

The staff at TLS is not the ECO and has absolutely no say in deciding your visa.

That being said, you should have answered that question regardless of the format you use.

Dependants can arrive at anytime,the MA is the priority,however, because it has taken quite a while now, repeat the paid mail you did and request for escalation

Cheers
muskypaulson:
Good day everyone

Pls i i need to know if someone have my kind of experience because i feel i have messed up

I applied for dependant visa on the 15 of november
My bio was on the 17th of novrmber and that of the main applicant was on the 16 of novrmber

On the day of my biometrics, i was asked my name which i answered, but when i was asked my date of birth by the staff in charge, i now asked if i should answer with the format it is on my passport, unfortunately the staff stayed mute and the next thing i was snapped and my biometrics taken.

On the 24 of november, the main applicant was asked to forward additional document while i was sent an empty NSF mail on the 25th of november.

The main applicant has since gotten her visa since december 5 while i am yet to receive anything further regarding my own..i however sent a paid mail on the 21st of december and i was told a decision hasn't be made...

I am kind of scared that it is because i didnt answer the question regarding my date of birth that has caused this, i am also scared i may be refused or banned.

Does anyone else have this expirience, plus i need advise on what to do

Thanks everyone

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Vesman: 6:50am On Jan 07, 2023
POF for the whole family. A deposit of over £6000 was initially paid, the rest to be paid in full on registration.

ExpressBoy:
How did you go about it cause my Wiffy was asked to pay additional £6050 to the initial deposit before they could issue CAS so had to withdraw..Also did you submitted POF for only you or for the whole family to the Sch?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 6:59am On Jan 07, 2023
Hello

Very complicated process,switching Uni's can be a pain

There was a rule of thumb when I worked with the International office at Coventry Uni a long time ago. If the international student has more than 28days on their visa and make this request, we will withdraw sponsorship and ask them to return home and reapply to the new Uni of choice, there might be refunds (after deductions) if you paid in full or even charges ( if you owe fees and have received lectures/ used the Uni's services), not applicable in your case as you haven't started lectures yet.

If you don't fulfill the conditions in the new Uni you can't reverse this decision,you will have to reapply again

This may have changed though but try to use this as a guide for a worst case scenario

Besides that, you have to provide solid evidence as to why you have made this decision and while finance might be one, you had already provided your POF showing fees and maintenance for your study so this may not count.

It's easier for an Undergrad than a postgraduate tbh.

My advice, stick to your Uni or prepare for the rough road ahead, noone likes to deal with this sort of requests

Cheers
MelaninGemstone:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 7:01am On Jan 07, 2023
Hello

Look out for the email, it could come through any moment, check your spam messages also

If you haven't gotten any by Monday then send an email

Cheers
RDMS:
My dependants received collection mail for over 48hrs and passports on transit with courier. No email has been received till now concerning decision outcome.
How much longer do I wait before requesting BRP mail if outcome is approval?
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 7:03am On Jan 07, 2023
Hello

Spot on..@the bolded

Cheers

Olufe111:

It’s going to be a bit complicated.

First check the refund policy for Derby. Once you withdraw from offer with Derby, your sponsorship would be withdrawn and so your visa. You will need a new CAS and a new application with home office. Check the processing time first before you progress.

A piece of advice, asides professional courses like medical related or law related. I do not think courses at undergraduate or postgraduate has much impact of your chosen career. I had distinction in my MBA and the only added advantage it has given me is securing interviews. There are professional certifications and trainings you can undertake if you want to switch careers. Securing a job is dependent on your CV, how you can defend it and how you sell yourself to the Hiring manager.

Have a good grade in whatever courses you undertake and it would increase you chances of getting interview and it’s good on CV.

Just my own opinion and what’s I’ve seen over the years here.

I stand to be corrected though.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by muskypaulson(m): 7:04am On Jan 07, 2023
Can paid mail be done on weekends
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 7:06am On Jan 07, 2023
Hello

Yes

Cheers
muskypaulson:
Can paid mail be done on weekends
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ExpressBoy: 7:07am On Jan 07, 2023
Good you paid 6k deposit but ours diff we couldn’t meet up to pay the 6k due to deadline using Form A after holding on to our 3k initial deposit. I fear that Sch oo askIng for 9k before enrollment ..That Sch will lure you paying 3k deposit and will bring up stories at last mins so you could pay anoda 6k to get CAS same happened to someone I know..

Vesman:
POF for the whole family. A deposit of over £6000 was initially paid, the rest to be paid in full on registration.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 7:13am On Jan 07, 2023
Hello

It isn't just this Uni.

Most Uni's now understand that people present all sort of documents that are not a true representation of their financial circumstances to study in the UK

Policies will always change for reasons like this and if we aren't careful it will only get worse, not just from Uni's end but from the Government

That's the reason we discourage certain topics on this thread. Data and sometimes direct quotes are gotten from open public sources like this but alot of people don't understand that

Hopefully the form A process can get better so people don't get affected

Cheers

ExpressBoy:
Good you paid 6k deposit but ours diff we couldn’t meet up to pay the 6k due to deadline using Form A after holding on to our 3k initial deposit. I fear that Sch oo askIng for 9k before enrollment ..That Sch will lure you paying 3k deposit and will bring up stories at last mins so you could pay anoda 6k to get CAS same happened to someone I know..

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Vesman: 7:15am On Jan 07, 2023
Greenwich is over 12k for tuition and 50% deposit compulsory, they require for more if initial deposit is less than 50% I guess

ExpressBoy:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 7:39am On Jan 07, 2023
EMEKA1MILLION:

I have my visa.

Please advise me

Can anyone give me a factual response?

The responses am getting is not being explicit enough.

(1) (2) (3) ... (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) ... (1029)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.