Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,622 members, 7,827,328 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (710) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1015388 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 1:36pm On Jan 14, 2023
Hello

You should get n acknowledgment almost immediately

And then give some time for the ECO to assess the documents you provided

I'd say chase after a week or so

Cheers
Thonia012022:
Good day All.
Pls,how long does it take to get a response after replying an NSF mail request?
@dduchess90
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Thonia012022: 1:50pm On Jan 14, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

You should get n acknowledgment almost immediately

And then give some time for the ECO to assess the documents you provided

I'd say chase after a week or so

Cheers
I got an acknowledgement.
I await a positive response.
Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by felixtoba: 2:27pm On Jan 14, 2023
Pls which school accept 2k deposit and didn't require pof before CAS?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ayomidelabaeka5: 2:38pm On Jan 14, 2023
@dduchess90
Please do you know how long it takes to get a decision after getting a response from Sheffield student team escalation application is getting worked on? Does that mean decision soon? I did biometrics 29th at ikeja, Priority but I haven’t heard anything since then. I haven’t even gotten any NSF which I’m happy about but I’m just wondering why it’s taking time. I got the escalation email 12th of January and still awaiting decision. Please advise as my school is resuming 23rd of this month.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by temmyblaze001: 3:39pm On Jan 14, 2023
Good afternoon everyone

Pls I am about to apply for a dependant visa, but am unable to pay for ihs fee..pls can you help me with the link to pay for ihs fee... Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by deeolarh: 3:43pm On Jan 14, 2023
Mowills123:

NB: she can have an abnormal result which doesn’t mean she has tb, she can confirm with her physician to get a second opinion, if the abnormal result is as a result of a diff condition, she can take the doctor’s report back to IOM. But if the result is the same then it’s best to differ the admission
please help out with this. My TB result is negative but my x-ray is abnormal...is it good to go for visa application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by temmyblaze001: 3:44pm On Jan 14, 2023
This is what I saw... I don't know if am on the right track

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by IFSHR: 3:50pm On Jan 14, 2023
temmyblaze001:

Check page 1....the link is there ....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by abeysticks: 3:51pm On Jan 14, 2023
Ebony07:

Document submitted
* TB test
* POF
*Marriage cert
*wedding pictures, pictures before wedding
(I submitted about 15pics altogether)
*My wife's CAS, GWF No, BRP, proof of address in the UK and letter from her school stating she has done her enrolment.

Thanks a lot for this ,you are wonderful

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mcleo007(m): 5:01pm On Jan 14, 2023
Hello house,

Please my cousin has a joint fixed dorm account which he is co-signatory to with his elder brother with the same surname but the account is in the brother's name. Now, can he use it for his POF? He can get an official letter from the bank to back that up. Wondering if that could work.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Republic001: 5:01pm On Jan 14, 2023
God bless you.I saw the conversion rate dia ..just wanna confirm . Thank you
imhopeful:
I helped paid for someone through same process (flywire) recently to Hull. Click that link, it will take you to flywire endpoint and you will see the rate before payment. You can set which country currency you want to pay with (left side) and it will do the rate conversion for you ahead to compare.

I recommend to create flywire account before payment though, so, you can have historical receipts.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Republic001: 5:05pm On Jan 14, 2023
And pls in how many weeks afetr deposit wud the CAS be sent ..quote author=imhopeful post=120022827]I helped paid for someone through same process (flywire) recently to Hull. Click that link, it will take you to flywire endpoint and you will see the rate before payment. You can set which country currency you want to pay with (left side) and it will do the rate conversion for you ahead to compare.

I recommend to create flywire account before payment though, so, you can have historical receipts.

[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by imhopeful: 5:11pm On Jan 14, 2023
Hull's CAS is quite quick.. could be within a week or two, once your deposit is confirmed. I'm assuming you have unconditional offer already?

What program are you offered and for when is starting?

Republic001:
And pls in how many weeks afetr deposit wud the CAS be sent ..quote author=imhopeful post=120022827]I helped paid for someone through same process (flywire) recently to Hull. Click that link, it will take you to flywire endpoint and you will see the rate before payment. You can set which country currency you want to pay with (left side) and it will do the rate conversion for you ahead to compare.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 5:26pm On Jan 14, 2023
Hello

Joint account would work in the case of spouses/partners not siblings.

Being a co-signatory doesn't mean the funds are his and he has access/control of the funds.

He should move his funds to a separate account and start his count to ensure it meets the conditions for study visa

Cheers
Mcleo007:
Hello house,

Please my cousin has a joint fixed dorm account which he is co-signatory to with his elder brother with the same surname but the account is in the brother's name. Now, can he use it for his POF? He can get an official letter from the bank to back that up. Wondering if that could work.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 5:26pm On Jan 14, 2023
Hello

You are select the appropriate answers

Cheers
temmyblaze001:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 5:27pm On Jan 14, 2023
Hello

Escalation usually means the attention of the ECO will be brought to your application

Chase by Friday if you don't get an update, also let your Uni be aware of these delays

Cheers
Ayomidelabaeka5:
@dduchess90
Please do you know how long it takes to get a decision after getting a response from Sheffield student team escalation application is getting worked on? Does that mean decision soon? I did biometrics 29th at ikeja, Priority but I haven’t heard anything since then. I haven’t even gotten any NSF which I’m happy about but I’m just wondering why it’s taking time. I got the escalation email 12th of January and still awaiting decision. Please advise as my school is resuming 23rd of this month.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ruth1212: 5:32pm On Jan 14, 2023
Dc4life:

Hello @Ruth1212 I recently went for my TB test @ St Nicholas hospital and the result showed some Kind of bacteria in my lungs so I was advised to do a sputum culture and sputum AFB test for 3 consecutive days which I finished yesterday but will have to wait 9 weeks for the result. I seriously doubt I have TB because I passed my Canada IRCC Medicals just few months ago without issues.

Is it possible I book another TB test at Q-Life despite having done one at St Nicholas and awaiting the results of the Sputum Test.

Hello.. yes you can book another tb test appointment at Qlife ..

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kennyliga112: 5:57pm On Jan 14, 2023
deeolarh:
please help out with this. My TB result is negative but my x-ray is abnormal...is it good to go for visa application?
Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mcleo007(m): 6:10pm On Jan 14, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

Joint account would work in the case of spouses/partners not siblings.

Being a co-signatory doesn't mean the funds are his and he has access/control of the funds.

He should move his funds to a separate account and start his count to ensure it meets the conditions for study visa

Cheers

Thanks for the prompt response. I appreciate you!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by muskypaulson(m): 6:24pm On Jan 14, 2023
Good morning house

Pls i got my visa on the 12th of january, but up till now i have not gotten my brb mail, pls does someone have similar experience

Pls how do i go about it, because that's what is stopping me from travelling now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by babieangel: 6:47pm On Jan 14, 2023
Its just a working day after....calm down. It will come. Mine was 2days after dhl delivery of my passport and 3days after collection mail dropped...it could come today still or tomorrow, mine dropped on a sunday. Good luck

muskypaulson:
Good morning house

Pls i got my visa on the 12th of january, but up till now i have not gotten my brb mail, pls does someone have similar experience

Pls how do i go about it, because that's what is stopping me from travelling now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ayomidelabaeka5: 6:53pm On Jan 14, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

Escalation usually means the attention of the ECO will be brought to your application

Chase by Friday if you don't get an update, also let your Uni be aware of these delays

Cheers

Thanks for your response, I will. Hopefully it won’t get to Friday again o

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by babieangel: 7:23pm On Jan 14, 2023
Amen

Ayomidelabaeka5:

Thanks for your response, I will. Hopefully it won’t get to Friday again o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Republic001: 7:32pm On Jan 14, 2023
Yes..i just gat an offer To study M.A Educational Studies...And pls when is the
best time to apply for TB test..is it now or when CAS is sent
imhopeful:
Hull's CAS is quite quick.. could be within a week or two, once your deposit is confirmed. I'm assuming you have unconditional offer already?

What program are you offered and for when is starting?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Sookiee: 8:23pm On Jan 14, 2023
Good evening gurus in the house

I have been chasing the return of my documents since decision was made on the 3rd December. I haven’t received it yet but I got a mail to rate the service rendered.

Does this mean, they have resolved the case? Because I haven’t replied yet
And I haven’t gotten any mail either

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by babieangel: 8:46pm On Jan 14, 2023
Co-asking

Sookiee:
Good evening gurus in the house

I have been chasing the return of my documents since decision was made on the 3rd December. I haven’t received it yet but I got a mail to rate the service rendered.

Does this mean, they have resolved the case? Because I haven’t replied yet
And I haven’t gotten any mail either
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Sookiee: 9:03pm On Jan 14, 2023
babieangel:
Co-asking

Did you receive the mail too?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by JaySterling: 9:36pm On Jan 14, 2023
Margs:
Good morning All, post visa how do you sort out accommodation in the UK? I have been trying to use someone in the UK for inspections but most want to see me or speak to me directly. They wont call a Nigerian number. I am trying to avoid the hotel costs if I get there without accomodation and I dont want student or shared housing. Any ideas please?
Once you get to Hertfordshire, hit me up
Would be able to find you housing
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by 16inchdick: 9:37pm On Jan 14, 2023
Pls who's applying to teesside university ?
September intake

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by mudimooon: 9:38pm On Jan 14, 2023
Please hiw can I book for flights?? Can I use wakanow or I should book directly from the airlines??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by babieangel: 9:53pm On Jan 14, 2023
Dependants, yes.

Sookiee:

Did you receive the mail too?

(1) (2) (3) ... (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) ... (1029)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.