Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,823 members, 7,824,439 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! (30933 Views)

Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes / Man Carries Cross In V.I, Lagos To Apologise To Jesus For Sinning Against Him / Palm Sunday: Ugandans Hired A White Man To Play Jesus For Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by paxonel(m): 12:40pm On Aug 08, 2022
DeleTaller:

I knew it...You wouldn't laugh except you are in pain.
me, in pain that you are ignorant who know you?
Obviously, na fowl intestine dey inside your skull

Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by paxonel(m): 12:48pm On Aug 08, 2022
sonofElElyon:

No one is talking about fighting battle.
anyone using the name of Christ in vain is fighting a spiritual battle, no Christian will do that

Nothing wrong in CAN registering displeasure at the way the Lord's name is being taken in vain
yes, nothing wrong in dong that.
However, it's absolutely unnecessary
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by Kobojunkie: 1:16pm On Aug 08, 2022
Lovelydaisies:
Kobo, I knew deep within me you were going to quote me. Of the millions of members and thousands of commenters, you seem to like quoting me. I don't fear you, neither do I care. I'm Catholic and proud and I'll propagate my beliefs if I have to. You practice a warped version of Christianity and I wonder if you know that. Blasphemy is what it is and exists in different forms.
Blasphemy exists in forms other than the one specified by Jesus Christ Himself, and this in God's own Kingdom? undecided
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by sonofElElyon: 1:30pm On Aug 08, 2022
paxonel:
anyone using the name of Christ in vain is fighting a spiritual battle, no Christian will do that
yes, nothing wrong in dong that.
However, it's absolutely unnecessary

I disagree.. keeping quiet would only make it worse.. if you love your Lord you'd speak out to disabuse the minds of neutrals.. speaking is not violence
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by BewareOf419: 4:50pm On Aug 08, 2022
Lovelydaisies:

Nursery 1 pupils will have no problem understanding my quote.

So because they are now joking with Jesus name means we Christians should be rascal like them? If blasphemy is important in Christendom, does that mean we should be killing them for joking with the name of Jesus Christ?

Jehovah, Jesus Christ and Holy spirit has power to fight anyone that blasphemy against them, we are not to judge or start fighting because they are joking with their names
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by BewareOf419: 4:57pm On Aug 08, 2022
Dennisbulkan:

You are failing you god again. Didn't he command you to preach his words & existence? You shying away from your spiritual duty? Prove now that your sky daddy exist and that he's of peace & progress and not of hates, blood & incessant chaos or crawl back to your hole admitting that your god is myth, chaotic & evil. Your choice

I don't engage atheist in discussion because Bible says you're a fool and I don't want to be like you. Sorry if I've hurt you

Psalm 14:1

Only fools say in their hearts, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, and their actions are evil; not one of them does good!

Proverbs 26:4

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him.
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by BewareOf419: 4:58pm On Aug 08, 2022
Dennisbulkan:

As always, a typical zombie lack reasonable counter argument when cornered but lame cliché to save face.

BewareOf419:

I don't engage atheist in discussion because Bible says you're a fool and I don't want to be like you. Sorry if I've hurt you

Psalm 14:1

Only fools say in their hearts, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, and their actions are evil; not one of them does good!

Proverbs 26:4

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him.

Accept my apology once again!
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by BewareOf419: 5:01pm On Aug 08, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

We christians believe in blasphemy. We just allow God to handle the person involved by Himself.

We can't be rascal like them because of blasphemy against Jesus Christ, that is my point sir!
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by JesusIsAMuslim: 6:36pm On Aug 08, 2022
BewareOf419:

You've resulted insulting when being frustrated and the truth is making you uncomfortable. Masturbate to your ego, I think you should be fine. Are you trying to shift the goal post?

You can continue insulting your people at home and your generation at large that's your own problem as I don't care wink

You do care. And I won't stop calling out your foolishness. Like a thieving and sinning GO has to pray for you for your prayers to be answered? You guys mumu no be small.
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by paxonel(m): 6:49pm On Aug 08, 2022
sonofElElyon:

I disagree.. keeping quiet would only make it worse.. if you love your Lord you'd speak out to disabuse the minds of neutrals.. speaking is not violence
what if after speaking out they keep continue the blasphemy like nairaland atheists will do, what will you do?

Absolutely nothing!

Because, everyone are entitled to their opinion, it's a free world.
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by sonofElElyon: 7:40pm On Aug 08, 2022
paxonel:
what if after speaking out they keep continue the blasphemy like nairaland atheists will do, what will you do?

Absolutely nothing!

Because, everyone are entitled to their opinion, it's a free world.

Exactly... So christians have a right to express their opinion of dissent.. why should they stand idly by while the minds of neutrals are being won over for evil? That's satanic evangelism!
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 08, 2022
AntiChristian:

Na Holy Spirit reveal this lie to you again?

Nah. I saw the dirty spirit Muhammed deposited in you. You know...the one that makes you love that kaboom sound.
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by elonize(m): 8:50pm On Aug 08, 2022
lomprico:

Goat
greatest of all time grin
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by Wipper7000: 10:10pm On Aug 08, 2022
BewareOf419:

CAN is not hypocrite, CAN don't need to fight for Jesus Christ because someone is joking with his name, Jesus Christ is enough to fight for himself. So saying NO to Muslim-Muslim ticket is blasphemous to you right? Different people full this nairaland cheesy
Nobody can fight for JESUS. Africans mentality. When they killed people at OWO church , what did Foolish CAN do . Nothing, Did they donate money or any goods at all to the church? No. Rather Muslims donated money to the church and the so called CAN collected the money and were all smiling and saying thank you to the same Muslim MAN they are crying about now. That's the hypocrisy of CAN
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by BewareOf419: 12:26am On Aug 09, 2022
Wipper7000:
Nobody can fight for JESUS. Africans mentality. When they killed people at OWO church , what did Foolish CAN do . Nothing, Did they donate money or any goods at all to the church? No. Rather Muslims donated money to the church and the so called CAN collected the money and were all smiling and saying thank you to the same Muslim MAN they are crying about now. That's the hypocrisy of CAN

Are we now shifting the goal post to Owo Church massacre?

Who are the members of CAN if not Christians, some Christian's individual and Churches donated to Owo Church attack. Must everything be published? Ondo State government opens account for donations to support victims, are the names of the donors published? Is CAN an organization that makes profit? Why been frustrated as if CAN is the source of the problems you're facing in life

Who are the Muslims that donated money to the church and the so called CAN collected the money and were all smiling and saying thank you to the same Muslim MAN they are crying about now, CAN YOU BACK UP YOUR CLAIM FROM A RELIABLE SOURCE?
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by BewareOf419: 12:29am On Aug 09, 2022
JesusIsAMuslim:

You do care. And I won't stop calling out your foolishness. Like a thieving and sinning GO has to pray for you for your prayers to be answered? You guys mumu no be small.

Well, that's for you and your generation at large as I still don't care. Continue barking please, I'm loving it wink
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by JesusIsAMuslim: 1:54am On Aug 09, 2022
BewareOf419:

Well, that's for you and your generation at large as I still don't care. Continue barking please, I'm loving it wink

��. Sorry ehn. Your generations have always been stupid. Not surprised. ��
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by BewareOf419: 3:55am On Aug 09, 2022
JesusIsAMuslim:

��. Sorry ehn. Your generations have always been stupid. Not surprised. ��

That's your wishes for your people at home, keep on barking like a mad dog, I'm loving it! wink
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by paxonel(m): 6:46am On Aug 09, 2022
sonofElElyon:

Exactly... So christians have a right to express their opinion of dissent.. why should they stand idly by while the minds of neutrals are being won over for evil? That's satanic evangelism!
from scriptural stand point of view we were not suppose to fight for God it isn't necessary.
Whoever want to be evil let him be evil, he will get his own reward.
Whoever want to be good let him be good, he will get his own reward.

Revelation 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

Gone are the times when people are forced to do the right thing as if they are children. This modern day that there is knowledge and understanding, no one cares whether you are good or not. Infact, people want you to be bad so that you will fall and they will rise.

So, if one chooses to blaspheme against Christ what's my own?
That's the kind of thinking CAN should have, not some kind of fundermental approach like Islamic bigots
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by JesusIsAMuslim: 7:57am On Aug 09, 2022
BewareOf419:

That's your wishes for your people at home, keep on barking like a mad dog, I'm loving it! wink

Your people have always been useless. You ain't a bastard.
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by sonofElElyon: 7:57am On Aug 09, 2022
paxonel:
from scriptural stand point of view we were not suppose to fight for God it isn't necessary.
Whoever want to be evil let him be evil, he will get his own reward.
Whoever want to be good let him be good, he will get his own reward.

Revelation 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

Gone are the times when people are forced to do the right thing as if they are children. This modern day that there is knowledge and understanding, no one cares whether you are good or not. Infact, people want you to be bad so that you will fall and they will rise.

So, if one chooses to blaspheme against Christ what's my own?
That's the kind of thinking CAN should have, not some kind of fundermental approach like Islamic bigots

You quoted scripture out of context.. our job as Christians is to win souls for Christ.. not force people but let them know about Christ.. Jesus said go into the world and preach the gospel to every creature.. now people blaspheming are opposing the gospel.. Christ said I will give you "A Mouth and A Wisdom" to be able to respond in cases of opposition. If you believe you should keep quiet in the face of blasphemy against your Lord then clearly you don't love Him. No one says be violent.. "I will give you a mouth and a wisdom" Christ said Luke 21:15
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by BewareOf419: 8:20am On Aug 09, 2022
JesusIsAMuslim:

Your people have always been useless. You ain't a bastard.

You can do more better, increase the tempo, continue barking like a mad dog, I'm loving it! wink
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by JesusIsAMuslim: 8:26am On Aug 09, 2022
BewareOf419:

You can do more better, increase the tempo, continue barking like a mad dog, I'm loving it! wink

Na me and ur GOs be mate. Say one word against me, na your GOs and parents generation I go call out.
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by lomprico(m): 8:39am On Aug 09, 2022
elonize:
greatest of all time grin

...in stupidity tongue
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by AntiChristian: 9:43am On Aug 09, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

Nah. I saw the dirty spirit Muhammed deposited in you. You know...the one that makes you love that kaboom sound.

You will keep seeing what you claim you saw even in your dreams.
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by BewareOf419: 10:08am On Aug 09, 2022
JesusIsAMuslim:

Na me and ur GOs be mate. Say one word against me, na your GOs and parents generation I go call out.

That's the effect of frustration we shouldn't blame you. Please can you still increase the tempo, you can do more okay continue barking like a mad dog I'm loving it as I don't care wink
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by paxonel(m): 11:31am On Aug 09, 2022
sonofElElyon:

You quoted scripture out of context.. our job as Christians is to win souls for Christ.. not force people but let them know about Christ.. Jesus said go into the world and preach the gospel to every creature.. now people blaspheming are opposing the gospel.. Christ said I will give you "A Mouth and A Wisdom" to be able to respond in cases of opposition. If you believe you should keep quiet in the face of blasphemy against your Lord then clearly you don't love Him. No one says be violent.. "I will give you a mouth and a wisdom" Christ said Luke 21:15
for the love of Christ can you go to places like Iran and Pakistan where Christians are killed to speak?
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by sonofElElyon: 12:45pm On Aug 09, 2022
paxonel:
for the love of Christ can you go to places like Iran and Pakistan where Christians are killed to speak?

So Christians should be docile and not speak for themselves. You are not a Christian obviously.. if those inside Iran and Pakistan can't speak for fear of being killed those outside always speak on their behalf..
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by elonize(m): 1:37pm On Aug 09, 2022
lomprico:

...in stupidity tongue
word cmin frm sm1 who no even get 10kobo sense grin
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 09, 2022
AntiChristian:

You will keep seeing what you claim you saw even in your dreams.

I don't dream of Mohammed or the demons controlling you bums. I am not part of your terrorist lot dreaming of virgins in "heaven".
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by paxonel(m): 6:20pm On Aug 09, 2022
sonofElElyon:

So Christians should be docile and not speak for themselves.
that is not what i said, read my comment again.

You are not a Christian
only a fanantic like you will say a fellow Christian is not a Christian just like Northern Muslim fanatics will say southern Muslims are not Muslims because they do not believe in some of their ideologies

obviously.. if those inside Iran and Pakistan can't speak for fear of being killed those outside always speak on their behalf..
you have not answer the question.

If you were in Pakistan and you hear some Muslims blaspheme against Christ, will you speak out because you love Christ?

The answer is no, you can't even try it.

A Christian female student was accused of blasphemy and was killed in sokoto, and the killers claimed to love Islam that's why they did it.
But the question is, this same people, will they kill the girl assuming they were in southern part of Nigeria and they heard her blasphemed against Islam ?

The answer is no, they can't even try it!

You see this your fanatism, there is no place for it in Christianity.

You must distinguish between when you are being a fanatic and when you are being a committed Christian or you are on your own
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by lomprico(m): 7:25pm On Aug 09, 2022
elonize:
word cmin frm sm1 who no even get 10kobo sense grin

What is 10kobo sense? Fool!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Orders Members To Bring Their Pvcs To Church For Prayers / Christians And Muslims Celebrate Christmas Together In Kaduna (Photo) / Pope Francis Intervenes In Ahiara Imo Church Ethnic Crisis (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.