Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,942 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) (39145 Views)

APC Governors Ask Tinubu To Step Down For Younger Aspirants / South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT / 2019: EU, US, UK & Saudi Arabia Ask Buhari Not To Contest; APC Considers Kingibe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) by Alexgeneration(m): 3:12pm On Aug 08, 2022
aspabay:

I actually have no time for low lifers, get well soon.
Go fvck a goat.
Re: Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) by doneback04: 3:16pm On Aug 08, 2022
It too late for this right now my PVC is my right to decide
Re: Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) by Obudupikin: 3:33pm On Aug 08, 2022
aspabay:

I doubt if you read it at all.

Lazy yoot

I did not only read everything, I very much understood the content too, something that is beyond the capacity of Buhari. Now, referring to me as a "lazy yoot" without really knowing me shows that you are as dumb as Buhari, if not dumber.
Re: Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) by lereinter(m): 3:43pm On Aug 08, 2022
Oloriburuku governors

It's now that they have mouth to talk to a government that's winding down

God punish you all
Re: Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) by diplomat058(m): 3:51pm On Aug 08, 2022
Eriokanmi:
This man is never serious.

Let me tell you what you should do..

Withdraw all the naira you've secretly printed out of circulation.

Resume sale of dollars to commercial banks with strict measures. Make a Form M/SON/SONCAP mandatory for all importers so only the genuine importers would have unhindered access to forex.

Remove agriculture as the only sector that can access forex and replace with raw materials and key importers like Healthcare. Those heading offices in the agricultural sectors and the so called farmers are members of the elites who use the opportunity to steal dollars. The policy doesn't benefit poor farmers who are supposed to be main beneficiaries.

Resume sale of dollars to registered BDCs with close monitoring.

Deploy efcc to Tinubu's House, Atiku's House, all the houses owned by key pioiticians and mop up all the dollars in their various underground vaults.

Only on this note would we take you seriously as a leader

What about Pandora's house? I would take you serious if you added that

1 Like

Re: Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) by kvegas(m): 3:52pm On Aug 08, 2022
[quote author=Soulsymbol99 post=115502436]If I had seen
1.reduce security vote for governors
2.reduce allowances of national assembly members
2.reduce allowances of political office holders etc I would hv taken this serious.
Abeg, they should do and go. We can't wait.

You are very wise. Thank You.
I was also expecting to see such in their list.
Only concerned about what will bring them more money to loot.
Re: Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) by Themandator: 3:54pm On Aug 08, 2022
aspabay:

I thought we talking VAT

VAT should be a state affair... It is consumption tax... You can't hate liquor and want the money it brings.... Tax burukutu and the rest
Re: Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) by Eriokanmi: 3:55pm On Aug 08, 2022
diplomat058:

What about Pandora's house? I would take you serious if you added that
Except they want to raid Fidelity Bank, his bank which isn't possible. I hope efcc could also visit Obi's House the second time. His house is well known to them. Good luck on their failed mission grin
Re: Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) by Eriokanmi: 3:57pm On Aug 08, 2022
kayperry:

You raised quite substantial points buh i am surprise you didnt include forex access to the educational sector should be removed
prioritizing forex to nigerians schooling abroad over manufacturer access is the dumbest shit i can think of
Another good point but they've stopped giving forex to pay school fees overseas oo. They'd tell you it's part of the commercial bank's services but you go wait taya grin.
Re: Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) by ransomed: 4:03pm On Aug 08, 2022
Where were they about 5 years ago? It is too late to cry when the head is off the neck .
Civil servants, you see your life!
Re: Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) by otabuko(m): 4:13pm On Aug 08, 2022
aspabay:
Read the above memo with an open mind as a Nigerian wanting Nigeria to make progress and not with political eyes.

This could be a guide for who ever will take up the leadership of this nation come 2023.

Please if all you have is abuse and insults, stay away, please.
Let us have real discussions here.
he should reduce constituency projects of senators but not their security votes? �
Re: Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) by COMPAQ(m): 4:15pm On Aug 08, 2022
aspabay:
Personally, I believe the CBN has failed in protecting the Naira.

Truth is there is little the CBN can do. The weapons in their armory are limited due to a reckless Presidency.
Re: Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) by godofuck231: 4:38pm On Aug 08, 2022
this is a deep evil plan to wreck nigeria permanently, this country will go to war , all out war of this plans are implemented ,this is the work of foreign intelligence
agents to slowly sabotage our economic growth, mind you most of the itineraries are ok but some areas abandoned others purely evil,

item 8
Sending the most administratively experienced personnel into early retirement whereby they cant cater for their kids and family in this condition and state of the nation ,the severance pay is a topical dressing to a cancer thats about to plague an old retireee after he leaves office , not able to foot his medical bills and his life's work and productivity cut short meanwhile governors and senator get life time pensions , people who sat 4 years stealing .

10 non performing assets need a restructured and modernized system to function because the system is outdated ,a case study is the nnpc , a situation where by each state produces and refines its own oil and the federal government is given its own 30 percent after profit share for national building cuts off the strain and ineffective trends from the government, privatization is another term for sale of government assets, case at hand "PHCN" luckily the agreement of the government taking over on failure to improve on services and delivery was a saver , hand power generation and ,delivery and revenue to the states and whip the NERC, FIRS , SERVICOM. EFCC, and others to monitor and account for effective administration.

16 consumption taxation is a cross hair on the poor man and populace, no economy would grow on this tax system , it's draconian and corrupt, its better to go back to the medivial era and instill such , for an impoorverished economy like nigeria , this is suitable, this coolaid is laced with CYANIDE

19 VAT or tax is a token paid not a punishment, who in nigeria can boast of feeding himself? The country's income and trade index should tagged first and evaluated, the GDP of nigeria is nothing to write home about and the father wants the xhild to feed him with 1 elephant a day while he's givimg the child 2 tea spoons of water to cope with daily, his is bullsh*t.

23 FPIT on unemployed citizens is like raping a 13 year old girl and still asking for money , dead on its knees.

24 the bane of business in nigeria , multiple taxation, and its coming into the only surviving and best sector of the nigerian economy so to kill it just like the Refineries and cause the mess in to a mesmerized clusterfuck? God punishbthe person when bring this idea its definitely not a nigerian ,

27 state who runs the deal here , foreign corporations securing their interest, the rest is chicken scratch , we could die to all they care the resources are for sale anyways .

29 the government has 3 refinaries and more licenses issued and yet being advised to fund danhote Refinery owned by one of the world's richest men ? What happened to warri port Harcourt and kaduna Refineries, sell them to themselves or to dangote next? Stay tuned.

The CBN is now a whoree house and the sole property of some who print and mint for joy and pleasure to pay for country's administration, the CBN should be rebranded and restructured all loan interest rates dropped to 3 percent, highest denomination should be 200 naira notes , and a national treasury should be reconstituted with reserves in nigerian gold deposits,and diamonds if need can ,

Agricultural programmes on mechanization and improved variety given free to each local government areas nationwide,

State defence by the federal government and quater system implemented by personnel strengthening and weapons manufacturing in 5 geopolitical regions of the country.

Make God punish the foreigners when make these poison pill for Nigerians
Re: Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) by godofuck231: 4:41pm On Aug 08, 2022
godofuck231:
this is a deep evil plan to wreck nigeria permanently, this country will go to war , all out war of this plans are implemented ,this is the work of foreign intelligence
agents to slowly sabotage our economic growth, mind you most of the itineraries are ok but some areas abandoned others purely evil,

item 8
Sending the most administratively experienced personnel into early retirement whereby they cant cater for their kids and family in this condition and state of the nation ,the severance pay is a topical dressing to a cancer thats about to plague an old retireee after he leaves office , not able to foot his medical bills and his life's work and productivity cut short meanwhile governors and senator get life time pensions , people who sat 4 years stealing .

10 non performing assets need a restructured and modernized system to function because the system is outdated ,a case study is the nnpc , a situation where by each state produces and refines its own oil and the federal government is given its own 30 percent after profit share for national building cuts off the strain and ineffective trends from the government, privatization is another term for sale of government assets, case at hand "PHCN" luckily the agreement of the government taking over on failure to improve on services and delivery was a saver , hand power generation and ,delivery and revenue to the states and whip the NERC, FIRS , SERVICOM. EFCC, and others to monitor and account for effective administration.

16 consumption taxation is a cross hair on the poor man and populace, no economy would grow on this tax system , it's draconian and corrupt, its better to go back to the medivial era and instill such , for an impoorverished economy like nigeria , this is suitable, this coolaid is laced with CYANIDE

19 VAT or tax is a token paid not a punishment, who in nigeria can boast of feeding himself? The country's income and trade index should tagged first and evaluated, the GDP of nigeria is nothing to write home about and the father wants the xhild to feed him with 1 elephant a day while he's givimg the child 2 tea spoons of water to cope with daily, his is bullsh*t.

23 FPIT on unemployed citizens is like raping a 13 year old girl and still asking for money , dead on its knees.

24 the bane of business in nigeria , multiple taxation, and its coming into the only surviving and best sector of the nigerian economy so to kill it just like the Refineries and cause the mess in to a mesmerized clusterfuck? God punishbthe person when bring this idea its definitely not a nigerian ,

27 state who runs the deal here , foreign corporations securing their interest, the rest is chicken scratch , we could die to all they care the resources are for sale anyways .

29 the government has 3 refinaries and more licenses issued and yet being advised to fund danhote Refinery owned by one of the world's richest men ? What happened to warri port Harcourt and kaduna Refineries, sell them to themselves or to dangote next? Stay tuned.

The CBN is now a whoree house and the sole property of some who print and mint for joy and pleasure to pay for country's administration, the CBN should be rebranded and restructured all loan interest rates dropped to 3 percent, highest denomination should be 200 naira notes , and a national treasury should be reconstituted with reserves in nigerian gold deposits,and diamonds if need can ,

Agricultural programmes on mechanization and improved variety given free to each local government areas nationwide,

State defence by the federal government and quater system implemented by personnel strengthening and weapons manufacturing in 5 geopolitical regions of the country.

Make God punish the foreigners when make these poison pill for Nigerians

If Nigerians can't think for themselves let the table of time turn and the new generation think for them , the country is tired of old bags with sharp contents
Re: Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 08, 2022
Does the Dullard know the meaning of "33 Steps"?
Re: Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) by Prince2bad(m): 5:17pm On Aug 08, 2022
And I non see where Dem say make dem reduce their allowances, wicked people

aspabay:
The governors were concerned about the deteriorating state of the economy and the ripple effect on the nation ahead of the 2023 general elections.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/547318-exclusive-governors-ask-buhari-to-take-33-steps-to-rescue-nigerias-economy.html
Re: Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) by Qwi1: 5:27pm On Aug 08, 2022
It’s late
Re: Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) by Taigaban: 5:30pm On Aug 08, 2022
Why did you people allow him to fail first before bringing up these ideas.
Re: Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) by HeroicMeastro: 5:34pm On Aug 08, 2022
aspabay:
The governors were concerned about the deteriorating state of the economy and the ripple effect on the nation ahead of the 2023 general elections.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/547318-exclusive-governors-ask-buhari-to-take-33-steps-to-rescue-nigerias-economy.html
Is this not supposed to be the job of Osinbajo, being the Chair of the Economic team?
What a Coward Professor without a Phd
Re: Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) by Hpesoj: 5:59pm On Aug 08, 2022
aspabay:
Personally, I believe the CBN has failed in protecting the Naira.

This summarises the incompetence of the CBN under Emefiele. It is not surprising that the price level has continued to rise since the money printed exceed the economy's output.

i. CBN has printed N19 trillion “Ways and Means” for FGN expenditures contrary to the CBN
and Fiscal Responsibility Acts and in violation of the law.

To even think this was done in total disregard for the Fiscal Responsibility and CBN Acts.
Re: Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) by FrauleinBlossom(f): 6:05pm On Aug 08, 2022
PMB cannot give what he does not have, so why crying for the moon? The man said that he can't wait for his tenure to elapse, and he is completely indifferent in matters of economy. That is clear in his body language..so why wasting such a precious advice?

Re: Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) by signz: 7:50pm On Aug 08, 2022
diplomat058:
More than 1/3 of the measures seeks to increase taxation in various forms and even suggested an incremental framework to up VAT to 20%. I can't believe the Governors are reiterating VAT to be reintroduced as an exclusive item. Have they given up on fiscal restructuring so easily? Also, while they are trying to transfer much of the expenditure finance burdens to ordinary Nigerians via increased taxation, I can't see any big cost cutting measure proposed. The ones up there are cosmetic in effect. They even sugested recapitalizing dormant agencies to take on some CBN interventions. The question is, what would be the change given that the so called interventions have failed to deliver real impact and much of the freebies, which are not productive/empowering in designs anyways, probaby end up as part of outflown capital (via corruption)?

We are not yet ready for REAL and SINCERE discussions that border on the existential renegotiations of this country. This is a joke!

Exactly!!!

The citizens must insist that these Governors must reduce the cost of governance in their States before any increase tax is implemented

1 Like

Re: Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) by Bluesearoll(m): 7:51pm On Aug 08, 2022
Do you even think buhari understand what all these means ?
Re: Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) by Thinkingfast: 7:59pm On Aug 08, 2022
Economist uses fiscal and or monetary policies to balance & control its economy. Nigeria has serious inflationary pressures which is a loose monetary policy issue, facilitated by printing money for recurring expenditure not capital projects. In effect to much money chasing too few goods compounded by war, covid 19 & a comsumer country.
Debt is worse than poverty. Nigeria is borrowing way too much & because Nigeria produces nothing the effect is devastating.

The 33 remedies suggested to me seems like using fiscal policies ie taxation to sort out a monetary policy problem.

Looking closely at 1, 3 & 5

1. Yes subsidy needs to be eliminated. Petrol is an inelastic product does not respond to demand & Supply.

3.Why? not fair at all to cap poverty reduction it should be increased, instead reduce cost of governance.

5 does not go far enough at all.
Re: Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) by themanderon: 8:07pm On Aug 08, 2022
Look at those recommendations and see how they shifted the whole burden of the collapsed economy on the poor Nigerians while carefully ignoring the most important factor of them all which is cutting down massively the amount Nigeria uses to service these same thieves making these recommendations and their colleagues in the national assembly.
Politicians are the ones that brought us into this mess due to their criminally profligate lifestyles and their poorly thought-out and ineptly implemented policies. Now they want poor Nigerians to bear the brunt as usual.
Imagine taxing someone earning 30k that can barely buy a bag of rice and then asking the government to chase out those above 50yrs as if they themselves are not above the same 50yrs.
So which concession will the rogueish political class make to get us out of this conundrum?
Re: Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) by Elbethel1: 8:46pm On Aug 08, 2022
aspabay:
Read the above memo with an open mind as a Nigerian wanting Nigeria to make progress and not with political eyes.

This could be a guide for who ever will take up the leadership of this nation come 2023.

It's never too late, that is, if the govt in power really wants to save this country from total collapse. Also every well Nigerian should cooperate with them, don't forget this is the only country we can call our own
Re: Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) by HappyDolphinRea: 8:51pm On Aug 08, 2022
aspabay:

Go and ask those in Germany or US
Where things are working
And not where someone is strategically planning to loot the tax.
Re: Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) by kernniejay(m): 9:36pm On Aug 08, 2022
aspabay:

Why is it that everything our leaders usually propose as a way forward or solution are always anti-people and more burdens? Upon all the deductions and extortions they still want to deduct 3% tax on workers earning above minimum wage and N100 on workers earning less and farmers and traders. They will never see solution from their own end like cutting the cost of their governance, cutting off some unnecessary and bogous allowances, stopping security allowances that has yielded no positive security effect, suggesting that Legislators cut down on constituency projects allowance which has actually not proven to be useful in most constituencies, advising candidates who are more than a certain age to desist from contesting elections, they would rather advise that civil servants above 50 should be compulsory retired and given a one-off retirement benefit whereas ex-presidents and governors are on lifetime pension. Also instead of the Governors to challeng the FG to do start thinking of reviving the 4 refineries in the country that has been guzzling money by staff cost without refining a single drop of crude which illegal modular refineries refine convinently, they would rather have the FG fund Dangote's personal refinery! I don't see these recommendations as genuine if none of them could consider the wastage in money budgetted for financing the lavish lifestyle of the politician, a good example is the billions usually budgetted for feeding of the President (the last one i was aware of was about the tune of N2billion!) and that of his VP annually and the one for entertaining visitors. Until they realize that government too have to sacrifice part of the money that goes to them for the 'betterment' of the country, I don't think they are serious.
Re: Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) by jimcaddy(m): 2:08am On Aug 09, 2022
When we have clueless leaders holding very sensitive positions in government, this is what happens. The CBN Governor, Emefiele is the worst CBN Governor Nigeria has ever had in a long time. All their so called policies have not yielded any result. When Soludo was there, the Naira never deteriorated like this. The problem with Nigeria is that we don't have a collective will to change a lot of things. Everyone keeps being selfish and greedy and thinking about personal interests over national interests. That is the problem with this country. Look at how much we spend on medical tourism and education tourism. All of this will only put the Naira under a lot of pressure because we are not bringing in investment, we are taking out investment. We are importing too much and exporting little. Despite the natural resources God has given to Nigeria. Other African countries don't have this luxury we have, but they are doing well with the little they have. We have so much, but are doing badly with them. It's so sad.
Re: Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) by Tundex911: 3:39am On Aug 09, 2022
I can't find reduce our(governors) salary by 50%

Awon weyrey gbogbo

Smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana / Children Hold Rally For Nnamdi Kanu's Release In Rivers (Photos) / Justice Umar Kicks A Security Guard At Abuja Plaza (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.